Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Kozilek's Return is a great card but having another fairly mundane standard staple at mythic is pretty annoying.

Is there anything cool you can do with Crumbling Vestiges? My first thought was you could probably put in it Bloom for free mana off Titan. Is there anything else that brings nonbasics into play tapped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Um look Kozilek's Return can feel pretty mythic if you think about it the right way.

Imagine Kalitas is standing around, he pulls out is watch and says, BIG K, it's SHOW TIME.

Then Kozilek emerges from the ground, punches you with piston-tendrils, with a display that says CAST IN THE NAME OF [BLURRED OUT].

That seems pretty mythic to me.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
some of the cards near the bottom of the imgur had weird set symbols that weren't Oath. anyone know what those were, duel decks maybe?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

some of the cards near the bottom of the imgur had weird set symbols that weren't Oath. anyone know what those were, duel decks maybe?

Shadows of Innistrad Duel deck

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what was urza's rage from, that one seemed kinda random

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The new duel deck is called Blessed vs Cursed

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

TheKingofSprings posted:

As in it's a bad card? I want to open 4 of those, do you not?

Probably not. I'm never going to play eldrazi ramp or tron. But I will definitely trade them away.

I am going to want those demons though. Playset.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I don't like the design of the demon much, 4 life every turn will lead to some very long games, and the requirement isn't that hard to meet. Hopefully they print good removal that can deal with this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Konstantin posted:

Hopefully they print good removal that can deal with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9T8UVY6TDI

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Konstantin posted:

I don't like that design much, 4 life every turn will lead to some very long games, and the requirement isn't that hard to meet. Hopefully they print good removal that can deal with this.

Hopefully they reprinted loving bajuka bog, tormods crpyt, relic of progenitus and rest in peace. I'm so loving sick of graveyard recursion poo poo in standard.

Also surgical extraction and extirpate.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Obvious blue wincon

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

mandatory lesbian posted:

what was urza's rage from, that one seemed kinda random

It's at the top to be the thumbnail on Imgur, in an attempt to make it slightly harder to find this list of images that's being posted all over the internet.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010
This is a weird-rear end leak. We're getting things in English, but also Russian, German, Japanese, French, and Italian. Who the hell has access to enough product to pull that many mythics (and nonbasic lands, I guess) this early? And how come there are duel deck cards in there alongside all the OGW ones? Why is the first card Urza's Rage from Phyrexia vs the Coalition, a duel deck that came out in 2010? e: oh, that makes sense.

Someone's getting fired, though, right? This seems really firing-worthy.

e: I found something! The images seem to come from this instagram account, or at least, they seem to have been uploaded there before the imgur album. If you click on some of 'em, there's a little link with a camera symbol ("this is the photographer") that links to this other instagram account, which contains some MTG pictures and another picture of that Urza's Rage on the weird pedestal from another angle.

e2: I should have just checked twitter. Yeah, they're the leak source.

Minority Deport fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 14, 2015

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk
Also allegedly someone else is saying that the demon translates as "lose 4 life if you don't have 4 card types"

Leak season is even harder than spoiler season to know what's true!

Symphonie fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 14, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kozilek's Return kills rhinos, mythic status confirmed.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Uuuugh Wasteland reprint :awesome:

Obscil posted:

There was another card not in that group.

http://imgur.com/gallery/DfJHyBO

Also I love the art on this. Cause it's the mirror of the original.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Don't know about Kalitas, his persistent effect seems really good, but only against certain decks. I suppose with lifelink he can pressure a chump block to get a token and enable the activated ability, but the two best decks right now either have Jack and only a handful of other creatures, or Gideon who makes tokens all day.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Minority Deport posted:

This is a weird-rear end leak. We're getting things in English, but also Russian, German, Japanese, French, and Italian. Who the hell has access to enough product to pull that many mythics (and nonbasic lands, I guess) this early? And how come there are duel deck cards in there alongside all the OGW ones? Why is the first card Urza's Rage from Phyrexia vs the Coalition, a duel deck that came out in 2010? e: oh, that makes sense.

e: I found something! The images seem to come from this instagram account, or at least, they seem to have been uploaded there before the imgur album. If you click on some of 'em, there's a little link with a camera symbol ("this is the photographer") that links to this other instagram account, which contains some MTG pictures and another picture of that Urza's Rage on the weird pedestal from another angle.

I love all the twitter drama this will hopefully create. What would they even be sued for?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
That's not all the mythics, right?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
I counted 6 Mythics, plenty left.

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn
Oath is a small set so there are only 4 Mythics left.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Symphonie posted:

Also allegedly someone else is saying that the demon translates as "lose 4 life if you don't have 4 card types"

Leak season is even harder than spoiler season to know what's true!

For the health of standard I really hope it is "Lose 4 if you don't." The idea of an unanswered demon just sitting there gaining 4/turn is a bit silly.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Frozen_flame posted:

I counted 6 Mythics, plenty left.

4 Mythics left assuming they stick to the "15 for Large sets, 10 for small sets" thing they've been doing. :v:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Rinkles posted:

That's not all the mythics, right?

W: None yet
U: Crush of Tentacles
Sphinx of the Last Word
B: Kalitas
R: Chandra Ablaze 2.0
Kozilek's Return
G: Nissa the 3 mana walker
7 mana acidic slime
C: Kozilek 2.0

L: Mirrorpool

So one mythic left, presumably in white.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Removal at mythic it pretty dumb.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Are the Etb tapped uncommon lands reprints or just functional reprints?

Edit: The Chandra and Nissa art is some of the best planeswalker art they have ever done.

Super edit: Does Koz's Return just replace Pryoclasm in RG Tron entirely or will they use a mix?

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 14, 2015

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Oh of course, Kozi and Mirrorpool. Forgot about those, whooops.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I don't see anything there that's gonna change 4-c standard

except eldrazi ramp is terrifying now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Abzan is still the best deck...

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Abzan is one of like 5 rotating best decks.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I just read that the 2BB demon doesn't say gain for 4 life if there are 4 types in your graveyard, but that you lose 4 life if there aren't 4 types. Where can we get a Japanese reader?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Does anybody else think that Sphinx of the Last Word is bullshit? I mean, at least have it die to languish.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Don't know about Kalitas, his persistent effect seems really good, but only against certain decks. I suppose with lifelink he can pressure a chump block to get a token and enable the activated ability, but the two best decks right now either have Jack and only a handful of other creatures, or Gideon who makes tokens all day.

The persistent "gently caress your Zulaport Cutthroat" effect

Minority Deport posted:

Someone at the printer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Human Crouton posted:

Does anybody else think that Sphinx of the Last Word is bullshit? I mean, at least have it die to languish.

It's definitely a great control mirror breaker.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Sphinx of gently caress You, Got Mine

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010
That place is now trying to claim they got the leaks from MythicSpoilers, which is just kind of sad. They haven't even bothered removing the links to the photographers' Instagram account from many of the original images on Instagram, and are trying to claim it's not their fault on Twitter.

e: They wised up! They finally removed the photographer links. Not from the ones on Twitter, though.

e2: I just realized that MythicSpoiler doesn't even have these spoilers on it yet. So that makes it even dumber.

Minority Deport fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 14, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Who ever is tweeting appears to be panicking judging by the way they are using the wrong words.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I dont know how people don't find "Free spell when you cast a big creature" to not be "cool enough to be mythic"

Its efficient, splashy, and makes your big splashy spells splashier.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly who wouldnt play Kozilek Returns: Battle for Zendikar XIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

So in all this spoiler excitement I missed it. what is Caleb getting for his invitational token?

• Locked thread