Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH IS GOING TO STEAL THE SHOW
Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
3-Way Tag Team Ladder Match
8-Man Tag Team Tables Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger, for the 25th Time
Ryback vs. Rusev
Charlotte vs. Paige
Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose
Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns
NOT DOLPH ZIGGLER BECAUSE HE SUCKS AND ALSO IS NOT BOOKED BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
View Results

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Pinwiz11 posted:

Final 2015 TLC #BOOTY Ratings (More Booty = better)

Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch: #BOOT
The New Day vs The Usos vs The Lucha Dragons: #BOOTYDELSOL
Ryback vs Rusev: #BOO
Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger: #BO
The ECW Originals vs The Wyatt Family: #BOO
Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose: #BOOT
Charlotte vs Paige: #BOO
Sheamus vs Roman Reigns: #BOO
Sheamus vs Reigns Aftermath: #BOOT

ADR/Jack Swagger was definitely a #BOO at minimum, way better than I was expecting with some real fun spots

This was a better PPV than most, I'm glad I watched it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Pretty ambivalent about the end of that but ambivalence with the room to build some story and characters is a hell of a lot better than what everyone justifiably expected.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Blasmeister posted:

The only problem is the Authority has no reason at all to not just fire roman and punish his friends, they have too much kayfabe power over Roman and company. Not much reason for a rematch at the rumble either, but who the gently caress would challenge for it otherwise?

Oh nvm I figured it out, it's Cena.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

ADR/Jack Swagger was definitely a #BOO at minimum, way better than I was expecting with some real fun spots

agreedo

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

The only problem is the Authority has no reason at all to not just fire roman and punish his friends, they have too much kayfabe power over Roman and company. Not much reason for a rematch at the rumble either, but who the gently caress would challenge for it otherwise?

triple h can't legally kick his rear end unless he's an employee

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The crowd really really sucked for a majority of the show and that hurt it a lot.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

don't blame the crowd for bad booking and bad wrestling

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

pressedbunny posted:

But kayfabe has to be at least a little believable?

Undertaker, the Wyatt Family, Kane, Demon Balor, every foreign monster heel, half the poo poo Austin, Foley and Trips have done, etc.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too

Hace posted:

Also the after match "Roman spears a dude" stuff is always good, but it's always followed up by the worst poo poo the next day/week

Hopefully they learn this time

This time he just show up on a zamboni and continues to assault McMahon.... right?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

One thing I'm thinking about WWE's workrate recently: what if, in the 90s/00s, the awful wrestling made the good wrestling look better

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Roman had to kill 2 champions with a chair and repeatedly beat on HHH to get some of the crowd to briefly look up from their phones, HES FINALLY TURNING THE CORNER GUYS! Other than being boring, lovely at wrestling, unable to cut a promo, barely able to even do his own power moves...

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

The crowd really really sucked for a majority of the show and that hurt it a lot.

what show were you watching

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Fiveace Attorney posted:

also this will only matter if roman doesnt tuck his tail between his legs while getting dressed down by stephanie, which literally happens every raw

Yeah, it's really hard to think of reasons why this shouldn't happen, as the Authority have absolute power over the wrestlers and all WWE wrestlers would be homeless poors without the WWE giving them work and fear firing more than anything else.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

OldTennisCourt posted:

The crowd was great, what the hell

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I still say superman punching sheamus off the ladder into a table was insanely badass.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don't blame victims of abuse, one day the crowds will finally be able to leave.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Anyone watching the Stone Cold podcast?

Dr. rear end posted:

what show were you watching

There were bad matches, that Tables match was horrendous, but the crowd was only decent for that KO and Dean match and otherwise was pretty silent a lot of the time

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GrimGypsy posted:

Roman had to kill 2 champions with a chair and repeatedly beat on HHH to get some of the crowd to briefly look up from their phones, HES FINALLY TURNING THE CORNER GUYS! Other than being boring, lovely at wrestling, unable to cut a promo, barely able to even do his own power moves...

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

There were bad matches, that Tables match was horrendous, but the crowd was only decent for that KO and Dean match and otherwise was pretty silent a lot of the time

they were... bad matches.... what did you want from them

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

triple h can't legally kick his rear end unless he's an employee

He could just have another one of these

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

oatgan posted:

don't blame the crowd for bad booking and bad wrestling

The wrestling was good and the intra-match booking was good. The main event booking leading up was booty, but the in ring product is done well.

gently caress Boston just in general and gently caress this crowd specifically.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Roman should just show up tomorrow at Raw and interfere in every match by spearing and then beating the poo poo out of someone.

But this is WWE so

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i too want crowds that paid $100-300 to see the show to cheer and boo as props for me, the television viewer at home, to appreciate

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

This seriously HAS to be leading up to Reigns/HHH at Mania, nothing else makes sense. That was a blood feud-level beatdown there.

I thought the same thing but then what of the title?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

they were... bad matches.... what did you want from them

to do what they paid to do and cheer, damnit!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

abraham linksys posted:

I had it at #BOO to start, but it was the one match that I would say "yeah, you can definitely skip it" so it got knocked down the curve.

Then again, I spent all night watching this PPV (which was decent) so who am I to judge?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

I had it at #BOO to start, but it was the one match that I would say "yeah, you can definitely skip it" so it got knocked down the curve.

Then again, I spent all night watching this PPV (which was decent) so who am I to judge?

I would skip the tables, Rusev/Ryback, or Charlotte/Paige before that :shrug:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MadRhetoric posted:

The wrestling was good and the intra-match booking was good. The main event booking leading up was booty, but the in ring product is done well.

gently caress Boston just in general and gently caress this crowd specifically.

the build to the ppv was awful so people didn't care about the majority of the wrestling. If the crowd is sitting on their hands all night its a lovely crowd. This crowd was very into a couple of matches and shat on what they didn't like. That's a good crowd. The only thing there was absolute silence for was Rusev/Ryback and Charlotte/Paige and I don't really blame them for that!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

Oh I'd be into that

I bet they'd just do it at Rumble or Fastlane or something, they want Reigns to have the belt by or at Mania

Reigns beats HHH in the opening match of Mania, beats Brock in the closing match

Commentators talk about how amazing a feat this was, once in a lifetime

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

OldTennisCourt posted:

Nah, the only bad part was that Roman and Sheamus actually deserved a bit more of a reaction for really busting their asses and that Roman should have gotten a huge cheer when he finally, finally snapped and was booked right for the first time since Shield days.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrimGypsy posted:

The crowd was losing their loving minds when they thought Roman would win right before Rusev and ADR came out. They were ready to see him win.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought the same thing but then what of the title?

Get ready for world heavyweight champion Hunter Hearst Helmsley sometime between now and March.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The crowd was losing their loving minds when they thought Roman would win right before Rusev and ADR came out. They were ready to see him win.

the crowd was booing every time someone climbed the ladder solo

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Hammerstein posted:

Nah, the only bad part was that Roman and Sheamus actually deserved a bit more of a reaction for really busting their asses off and that Roman should have gotten a huge cheer when he finally, finally snapped and was booked right for the first time since Shield days.
The crowd got into it by the end which was when it actually got good. Also you can't expect a crowd to care about a championship match between two guys who have previously been booked like trash

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

They reacted to the good matches and were quiet for the bad ones. What's the issue here

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Also the crowd was absolutely nuts for the tag team title match

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

oatgan posted:

the crowd was booing every time someone climbed the ladder solo
Yeah they hated both guys and were OK with Roman beating trips to death

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hammerstein posted:

Nah, the only bad part was that Roman and Sheamus actually deserved a bit more of a reaction for really busting their asses and that Roman should have gotten a huge cheer when he finally, finally snapped and was booked right for the first time since Shield days.

the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

Also the crowd was absolutely nuts for the tag team title match

And they even booed the Usos! Good crowd imo

• Locked thread