Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
KHALIL MACK, MOTHERFUCKER!!

SEASON SAVED!!! IDP RULES!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

Just need to keep Gronk under 12 points tonight. That's totally plausible. Right guys? Right.....? :negative:

Who knows if he'll even play.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Lacy delivers!

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I'm not an IDP guy but 5 sacks and one FF holy moly. Way to earn that W, Khalil.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

lollin at everyone that wanted to play against Lacy

And Rawls goes down, making usable RBs just a little more valuable.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
OK so depending on the outcome of this week's match up I'll either be 7th or 12th on waivers (stupid lovely loving reverse standings waiver priority...) who would you guys target for waivers? Dejuan Harris, Fred Jackson, Denard Robinson, and Robert Turbin (wtf was he even on the field for?) are all available and I just lost Rawls and Yeldon.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 14, 2015

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I've gotten the #1 seed in the playoffs 4 times. I have lost the first playoff game everytime, and this year is no different.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Denard. Jags got the Falcons and Saints up next woooooo

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Inspector 34 posted:

OK so depending on the outcome of this week's match up I'll either be 7th or 12th on waivers (stupid lovely loving reverse standings waiver priority...) who would you guys target for waivers? Dejuan Harris, Fred Jackson, Denard Robinson, and Robert Turbin (wtf was he even on the field for?) are all available and I just lost Rawls and Yeldon.

Denard is a RB1 in a lot of lineups due to matchup if Yeldon does not go. He is the target this week.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Gobias Ind. posted:

This. Gonna be some good justifications coming

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006

89 posted:

KHALIL MACK, MOTHERFUCKER!!

SEASON SAVED!!! IDP RULES!!

:hfive:

god bless you Khalil Mack and the 22 points you bestowed upon my team this week.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

First round of the playoffs, lowest score of the season and lowest score in the league this week :smith:

First round bye :smugdog:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Coming into this week I was in 5th place at 6-7. The person in 4th place is 7-6. Top 4 make the playoffs. Also coming into this week I was behind the person in 4th place by 60 pts for pts for. I managed to miraculously score 177 points compared to her 107 points. Now I just need her to lose. She is going up against Houston D, Amendola, Lamar Miller, and Josh Brown. She is currently up 107 to 74. What are my chances of sneaking into the playoffs?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Seems like only yesterday I was undefeated with Nuk, Julio, Eifert a hot Phil Rivers and this Diggs kid I plucked off waivers who seems pretty good with the thoughts of Dez loving Bryant coming back. This is gonna be an easy championship :smugdog:

(out first round, probably)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The guy with Dalton/Eifert is going to get taken out this week in the playoffs...

by a guy with Rawls/Blount/Yeldon.

I'm set to play the winner. :getin:

ok_dirdel
Apr 27, 2003

I'm sorry I doubted you, Golden Tate. Playing Travis Benjamin with the hopes of a repeat 40-point performance was pretty loving stupid, in hindsight. Now my hopes rest on the Giants' D and loving Shane Vereen. Tomorrow will certainly be a wild ride.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I need Davante Parker and Jarvis Landry to combine for 11 points which I know is probably going to happen but it's so hard to be comfortable relying on the Dolphins to not gently caress up. :ohdear:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Holy poo poo guys, I just squeaked one out in a day where I lost Jstew and Vjax! Gronk showed up as Deandre took a day and drat if the grass ain't a little bit loving greener. CBS said they had a 99% chance of winning before the game.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

ZIGfried posted:

I took thread advice and did not tank my matchup against the other 10-2 team (Winner gets 1st seed, loser gets second seed. Both get byes and there is reseeding in the playoffs). I ended up winning and securing first seed and it looks like my worst case scenario did actually play out. Seeds 5 and 6 are much much hotter than 3 and 4 right now.

Best case scenario: Both seeds 3 and 4 win and I get the dream match up against the guy who somehow made it into the playoffs with the third fewest points for

Worst case scenario: One of seed 5 or 6 wins, leaving me with the toughest semi finals match up and seed 2 winds up with an opponent averaging 10-20 points less than him (Essentially means if I make it to the finals he is nearly guaranteed to be my opponent). This was the scenario I was hoping to force him into by throwing my match up.

Most likely scenario: seeds 5 and 6 both win and it really doesn't matter what seed I am.

Bonus most likely scenario: I score 75 points week 15 and it definitely doesn't matter what seed I am.

Seed 6 in particular has a Big Ben/Antonio Brown stack that can be extremely lethal on any given week. I would say I am most worried about facing him (Besides obviously seed 2 guy, who happens to be a goon. Hi Andy!) This is the kind of poo poo you think about when you've been playing fantasy football since 2002 without winning a championship.

Worst case scenario realized! Seed 4 somehow managed to ride Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and AJ Green to an unlikely victory while seed 6 eeked out a win over 3. I'm on to play the Big Ben/Antonio Brown stack that seems to put up monster points every other week and seed 2 gets the dream match against the guy with the third fewest points for.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Still alive in all six of my leagues, holy poo poo I escaped the blood bath.

(this is assuming ODB doesn't score 30 points tomorrow in two leagues where I play against him, which means I may only be alive in 4 of 6 leagues)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 14, 2015

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I had Sanders and Hopkins as my WRs today. They got me 5 points combined. I'm likely to miss what I thought was a sure playoff spot.

gently caress Hoyer and gently caress Osweiler.and gently caress Sanders.

Denvers O line too.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Woke up a little to late to put in lacy and started buck allen instead. Thank christ my opponents team poo poo the bed.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
So is Eifert dead or...?

I have Kelce ( :negative: ) as the backup and our TE waiver wire is people I've never even heard of.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Up 35 points in standard, first round playoff match. I started Andy Dalton.

Thank you so much, Panthers D/ST. You and your 34 points today were out of this world.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
I need 10.5 points from Lamar Miller tomorrow in standard. Looking forward to him getting 4 touches and then being benched.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
I need 10.5 from Reshad Jones to stay alive. Going to be a nail biter.

Losing Yeldon really sucked.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I'm up 3 points after losing yeldon and rawls. Opponent still has rashad jennings to play. Hopefully tonight is the orleans darkwa show!

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
I need OBJ to score 17+ or Eli to out score Jarvis Landry by 9 in standard to make the playoffs, I'm so scared :ohdear:

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm down 6 with Devante Parker going. Don't fail me now GMen defense!

This would've been all for naught if I started Brees over Tyrod. Then again, guy I'm playing had 100 points sitting on his bench while his Sanders put up 1 point.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
I can't believe I went into this week going up against Julio and AB84 and came out with a win. Never thought that would happen.

Now to deal with losing Yeldon, and figuring out what to do with God drat Lacy. Draughn has not lived up to my expectations so I'm going for denard to supplement JStew. Hopefully he falls to me because I'm pretty low on waiver priority.. what a season though.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
What a massacre this season has been at RB.

2014 in 0.5PPR, there were 9 RB's with 200+ and 2 with 300+
2013, there were 11 RB's with 200+ and 3 with 300+

I don't think there will be a single 300+ RB this year. With three games left, only Freeman and Peterson have a chance, and Peterson would have to go HAM as gently caress to get there. I don't think Freeman will either. Atlanta is a dumpster fire and he's not racking up TD's like he was in that little hot stretch of his.

I'd guess there's only gonna be maybe 6-7 guys who even hit 200+ this year. Peterson, Freeman and Martin are locks, Ivory, Gurley and DeAngelo are good bets, Miller, McCoy and JStew are outside shots.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If Randle gets nothing for me tonight my opponent's Lamar Miller will still need to score 15 in order to defeat me. I think I'm in an okay spot.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

I lucked out by going into the playoffs as #1, so I'm playing the worst team in the Championship bracket.

It's still an ugly game going into tonight, my 55 points to their 30. Thankfully they forgot to take Ingram out of their lineup, so it's embarrassing that it's even this close.

We would both be knocked out of even the Consolation bracket at this point. Here's to my bench going off this week, to no benefit!

My Eli vs. his R. Jennings tonight, so I feel ok, but drat. I don't like my chances of a repeat championship this year.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
I made the playoffs in 7/10 of my leagues this year.

I am right now losing in every one of them. Luckily one league is a 4-man playoff and I'm already a lock so this week is just for seed position but goddamn, what a shitshow.

EDIT: And I'm relying on the game being an offensive spectacle tonight with the Dolphins and Eli all going ham.
... :negative:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Calling it now, Lacy is going to win my playoff matchup for me this week.

Feel free to mock me if this isn't the case, but if it is you all have to say a nice thing about me.

Just gonna leave this here. Won my matchup by 5 points. Eddie Lacy is the truth. Please proceed with the compliments.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Final scores of the current #4,5,6,7 teams (who will all be making the playoffs): 51, 65, 61, 65 in standard. I like my chances now that I'm in. Went from 1-6 to 7-7 (unless something weird happens and Eli Manning scores 50+ points while my OBJ scores none). The only real competition is the current #1 who I did beat a couple weeks ago, but he has Antonio Brown and Roethlisberger which usually means a win.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

No regrets. I'm in the consolation bracket, and I wouldn't have started him anyway. I'd be more upset with 20 odd points on my bench than in someone else's starting lineup. I bet the guy playing the new Lacy owner is pissed though.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

MalleusDei posted:

No regrets. I'm in the consolation bracket, and I wouldn't have started him anyway. I'd be more upset with 20 odd points on my bench than in someone else's starting lineup. I bet the guy playing the new Lacy owner is pissed though.

This is my feelings on it. Even with Lacy still on my team, those 20 points would've rotted on my bench. Turns out I went against Lacy, but I'd still take those odds. Lacy didn't cost me this week, Robinson, Fitzgerald, and my defense not showing up did.

Current score (my opponent with Lacy): 161.02 - 110.74
Score if I kept and benched Lacy (what would've happened): 148.69 - 110.74
Score if I kept and started Lacy: 148.69 - 126.69

So, basically, unless Jarvis Landry and Josh Brown can get me 38 points tonight, it wouldn't have mattered either way. Allen Robinson's 10/153/3 game got him 43 points, so if Landry has a game like that tonight, I can even still win if Brown chips in a few FG.

I know this is me trying to justify, but really, I just didn't see it, and honestly, if you're someone who dropped Lacy and are playing him next week, I'm more than willing to bet it works out in your favor. Probably even more so now with another good game under his belt, so they're more likely to start him next week than they might've been this week.

If my defense didn't score roughly 10-20 below my season average (Seriously Bowman 3 points? Chancellor with one PD and then leaves on the second series? gtfo) and Robinson and Fitzgerald could've gotten into double digits, I might have a shot anyway. Obviously if that had been the case, I'd be looking at a ~25 point deficit, and average games from Landry and Brown would likely mean that me dropping Lacy was the direct cause for my loss, but if any other team in the playoffs except the one I was playing had grabbed him (although at the time I wasn't concerned with the prospect of facing him), I'd be pretty darn okay with facing him in one of the next two rounds.

I don't know, made a call, will probably turn out to be the wrong one at the end of the night, but I don't really regret it. Sometimes you gotta roll the dice v:shobon:v

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bowman's three points were weird (I have him on all 3 of my IDP teams because Niners). The Browns staff must have been stingy with the assisted tackles because I saw him in on plays that he got no assists for. He deserved another few assisted tackles, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Telvin (best 1st week WW add ever) and Malcom Smith were the only ones who gave me what I expected. Aaron Donald was also awesome chipping in like 15 points from my DL slot, but Marshall, Conte, Chancellor, Goldson, and Bowman a combined for like 14 points which is usually a average-to-slightly-below week for Marshall and Bowman combined. I'd say that those 5 were at least 15 points below what I expected them to get

Between the IDPs and Fitz/Rob, I'd say that I was at least 25-30 points below what I figured I'd score. I should've had like 140-150 going into tonight instead of 110 :(

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 14, 2015

• Locked thread