Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

I found this adorable thing on his twitter:

In case anyone hasn't seen the finished version, sans awesome chopsticks pen:

Edit: I just realized Flash is slightly cropped from the WIP picture and we can just see Metal Knight's artillery barrels at the bottom and Sweet Mask is missing so I dunno if there's a more complete picture of this somewhere.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That's so rad.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Ha ha, Pri-Pri and Sonic are so good in that. Of course, King is best. His sock is joy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The spoons on Fubuki's sock are just bent, but the ones on Tatsumaki's sock are twizzlers :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The new episode reminded me of an extra reason for how stupid the idea of Evil Saitama is. His general reaction to Boros going around and killing people because of the same "I AM TOO STRONG" boredom.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Darkshine has a polished black leather stocking. NO ONE CAN BE SHINIER THAN ME!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Watchdog-man in reindeer mode is so drat cute :allears:

Jintor
May 19, 2014

how can murata do both cute and stone cold serious level seriousness so well? curse you murata. curse you with awesome.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

That said, if we get a spinoff about Metal Bat and his hot-blooded fighting spirit I will weep tears of joy.

I thought this was the anime thread and was trying to be coy about it but I'm glad I didn't actually spoil a thing.

Blockhouse posted:

The new episode reminded me of an extra reason for how stupid the idea of Evil Saitama is. His general reaction to Boros going around and killing people because of the same "I AM TOO STRONG" boredom.

Evil Saitama for no reason is dumb but it could really work if instead they worked it as 'Very annoyed Saitama' What Happens When You Make The Strongest Man In The World Miss Special Sale Day? You Don't Want To Find Out!

And in the vein of terrible things, I was watching a stream earlier and the thought 'Man, what if Metal Bat was in Kingdom Hearts 3' happened.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
wtf garou had white hair this whole time???

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Things never turn in the anime out to be colored the way youd think they were in the manga.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wait, Zoro has green hair?!

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Characters were actually moving all this time?? :monocle:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Other surprise colors: Zombieman was white skincolor (well, maybe not entirely surprising), Blizzard, despite her namesake has slight green tint to her hair instead of a blue tint (also her eyes).

Don't post any ONE spoilers, I swear to loving God, I know alright.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Terper posted:

This doesn't work as well every single American One Piece reader had seen Zoro in color before reading the manga, guaranteed

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

As a European who had read the manga first,

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terper posted:

No, it's actually a thick layer of moss. The fact that it isn't limited to a single side of his head is a visual indication of his complete lack of sense of direction.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Murata wasn't jokin' when he said he'd work to make S2 possible, cause here's the next chapter already!

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/572754

In Korean, for my good friend Stairmaster..

The sequence of Metal Bat hitting the manhole lid and then pushing Garou in its path was loving sick!!!!

Also, the last panel says "Big brother!!!" so I guess we're gonna see a Metal Bat power up!

Also the dialogue is loving awesome.

"You gonna keep swinging that bat till you're dead?"
"Till I die? That's optimistic. I ain't that soft. It's until I win."

I fuckin' love Metal Bat, yo.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is there something weird with the mangamaru site? Every time I've clicked a link there and even if I just try to go to the homepage I end up on a completely blank white page.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tsob posted:

Is there something weird with the mangamaru site? Every time I've clicked a link there and even if I just try to go to the homepage I end up on a completely blank white page.

I believe some types of Ad Blocks won't work on it. I'm currently using uBlock Origin with no problem, and I used to use AdBlock Plus with no problems.

Think AdBlock itself clashed with the site from my experience at an internet cafe.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
"You gonna keep swinging that bat till you're dead?"
"Till I die? That's optimistic. I ain't that soft. It's until I win."

:vince:

poo poo, now THAT is one badass line!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Metal Bat is the poo poo. Good chapter.

Hopefully that sister calling out his name, gives him a super sayian resurgence and he breaks Garou's skull in.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Related to later parts but not huge or explicit spoilers
If this doesn't end with a Metal Bat pyrrhic victory taking him out of the MA arc, I'll be so sad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My prediction is that Metal Bat becomes hella strong, kills Elder Centipede in one blow, and the resulting shockwave blows Garou away. Metal Bat then faints from his injuries.

It's been my theory for a few weeks now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

To accompany the raws for the new OPM, thanks to /a/

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

My prediction is that Metal Bat becomes hella strong, kills Elder Centipede in one blow, and the resulting shockwave blows Garou away. Metal Bat then faints from his injuries.

It's been my theory for a few weeks now.

Unfortunately, in order to preserve Garou's reign of terror this is probably the only route available. Minor deviation would be Garou continuing to walk away while Metal Bat's sister weeps over his unconscious body. Then the Centipede shows up getting her to scream triggering Metal Bat into a berserk state. He would have to beat the Centipede while Garou is also nowhere near because Garou needs to keep having a low opinion of heroes for later things.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
those finger marks in the sewer lid :vince:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

those finger marks in the sewer lid :vince:

Terrifying

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I love that even not being able to read the chapter, I could still follow perfectly everything that happened and it was badass as hell.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Translated here by the way: http://imgur.com/a/fTRQH

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Metal Bat is not just some hot-blooded idiot. :stonk: I thought the pages were out of place, but Metal Bat knew where the sewer lid was going to ricochet and grabbed Garou to place him in position where the lid was headed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh Garo look at what you've done, you rear end

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BurningDance posted:

Metal Bat is not just some hot-blooded idiot. :stonk: I thought the pages were out of place, but Metal Bat knew where the sewer lid was going to ricochet and grabbed Garou to place him in position where the lid was headed.

Yeah, given that Metal Bat was smart enough to attempt to capture the second wave of monsters (before getting backed in a corner and having to muster up his will again), he's actually more than just a meathead.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to see this fight animated since Garou uses all the Water Stream stuff.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, given that Metal Bat was smart enough to attempt to capture the second wave of monsters (before getting backed in a corner and having to muster up his will again), he's actually more than just a meathead.

I think Garou was more referring to how Metal Bat's not trained in any fighting style, so he couldn't do anything more than tank Garou's attacks until he fell.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kind of hope Murata and One went and saw Creed together in the last couple weeks for that ending panel.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Genocyber posted:

I think Garou was more referring to how Metal Bat's not trained in any fighting style, so he couldn't do anything more than tank Garou's attacks until he fell.

Oh, no, yeah, I get what Garou's talkin' about. It applies to a lot of heroes. Hell, it got brought up in the Boros fight. Most heroes pretty much are good at once thing and pretty much focus solely on that. Hell, even Saitama is like that, only on a far grander scale. Given that Tank Top Master has claimed that he only really needed a single strike to take down a monster, most of them are just too strong to have had to think up anything else. They're good against fighting tough monsters who are more about trading blows, and less against people like Garou (or Sonic) who have technique and speed. Anti-monster, not anti-person, and whatnot.

Pri Pri Prisoners, Tank Top Master, and Metal Bat pretty much just rely on pure power to destroy things.
Atomic Samurai is pretty much the same, I guess.
Bang at least has the presence to use martial arts to deflect / dodge stuff. I guess Sonic is a bit like this too, only on a lesser scale.

From what we've seen in Murata's comic, Genos and Tatsumaki are the only ones to do more than a single thing; Tatsumaki can do a ton of poo poo with her abilities and Genos has his incinerator blast as well as his hand-to-hand combat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only S-Ranks who can fight against airborne opponents (from what we've seen) are Genos, Tatsumaki, and Metal Knight. Two cyborgs / robots and a psychic.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

The only S-Ranks who can fight against airborne opponents (from what we've seen) are Genos, Tatsumaki, and Metal Knight. Two cyborgs / robots and a psychic.

Given a sufficient supply of manhole covers, we can probably put Metal Bat on that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
if metal bat teamed up with golden ball they would be unstoppable. Golden ball pitches with his sling shot and then metal bat bats 'em back, doubling or even tripling their speed and power