Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
How do people get even more bitter and jaded than me unless it's another vilerat zydrine hauler incident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah we're on Pandemic-Legion.pl now, everyone who registers is also auto-added to Open Group to access #games and OG mumble. Vyst please come back and play Chiv with us again, or maybe Fitsful of Frags, or whatever other game Jeff talks us into that month.

Pass.

Don't have any active EVE dudes after a discussion with a co-worker that plays this lovely game (he was pretty excited for a 60m SP pilot for 2 plex)- and that seems to be a requirement.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Numismancer posted:

There's a standing invite to waffe for all BAT who want to stay so just app and I'll mash butan. Or don't, vOv

Those who listened to the soundcloud of our meeting will know that I was trying as hard as I possibly could to push as many people as I could to waffe. I told the folks we are now confirmed as going to that our expectation was that about 17-18 guys would come - around a quarter of the corp - at most, because I didn't want to drag semi-afk people to do something tricky that would not be fun for them, leaving them hosed and in the cold if they crashed out, while there is no easier life in eve than that of a goonwaffe member, with every service laid on super-professionally and no demands to do anything.

Folks like koahi checked that they could still hang out on slack with us and when it was made clear that we don't pick our friends by who they fly with in a game, it was an easy choice for them.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Endie posted:

with every service laid on super-professionally

are you sure we were in the same alliance there meight

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

are you sure we were in the same alliance there meight

comparatively, surely

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Blawrf posted:

they should make you go "huh, I always got along with Blawrf, why is he saying this poo poo? If Blawrf is saying this then maybe I should take a look at this?"

:allears:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

I'm ALREADY ON THE CASE QUERNS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I'm ALREADY ON THE CASE QUERNS

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Blawrf posted:

My harsh words shouldn't elicit a kneejerk reaction from you; moreso, they should make you go "huh, I always got along with Blawrf, why is he saying this poo poo? If Blawrf is saying this then maybe I should take a look at this?"

The reasoning behind your Reddit post is pretty clear.

Did you know I was removed from TSC / DJ's at the same time as you? One of the necessary facts of life in EVE is that the easiest route to damaging large groups is when an inactive senior member is compromised to some extent, and their old access is used to cause damage (be it with or without their knowledge). So when I'd stopped playing the game for several months (just like you) I also had my access revoked (just like you). It was a sensible move and prevented the possibility that I'd use my shares to become the next Haargoth or Karttoon.

Then not long ago - motivated by the upcoming new content - I started playing EVE again. Within a few weeks my access was restored. If you'd have chosen to re-engage with the game, the same would have happened to you. We were both in a very similar situation, but we handled it in very different ways.

You took a different tack, which was to go to Reddit and post a thread with the subtext of "upvote me for not being a thieving dick", because obviously that's something people should thank you for. Rather than engage Mittani, Sion, or indeed anyone directly about your grievances and attempt some kind of resolution, you aired dirty laundry in public for more upvotes. In summary, perhaps the reason behind your post is because you no longer received sufficient attention from Goonswarm, and knew you weren't planning on putting in Skymarshal-level hours again to get it. Honestly, well done for getting your personal poo poo sorted and escaping this terrible time-sink of a game, but from someone who was dropped just like you; let's consider that maybe your main motivation here was less MY CONCERN and more one last chance to shout LOOK AT ME.

My harsh words shouldn't elicit a kneejerk reaction from you; moreso, they should make you go "huh, I always got along with xttz, why is he saying this poo poo? If xttz is saying this then maybe I should take a look at myself?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Comstar posted:

I am very impressed by the amount of good will and respect BAT has inside (and seemingly out), and I'm glad it's ending as it sounds like a new beginning to a birth of a new story, not the death it could have been.

Hi comstar or even comstr to those in the know. Yes, it has been good to see the goodwill from all sorts of places and the messages of support from people in and out of the alliance ovr recent weeks has made up for a bit of the backchannel ugliness that went on. I think that might have stopped thanks to blawrf sticking up for me, which was really good of him

As for our plans? It is going to be amazing. I cannot wait.

Ledenko posted:

Oh no, everyone hates everyone else :ohdear:

Is there anything about this game that isn't pure cancer?

Did you listen to our corp meeting last night? We don't hate anyone. We had a great time in the alliance but there is no point sitting around and complaining about stuff forever. Not when there is a big wide game out there with so much fun stuff to do instead.

Zephyrine posted:

What about Warr?

Warr built miniluv over years and has just invested far too much in it to leave it to die, and I totally understand that. I'd love for him to be coming with us and if he didn't have such an intense feeling of responsibility for his people I bet he would have, but he'll still be on our slack, chilling with us and that's the important bit. I repeat: in-game fluff like corp tags and alliance tags shouldn't mean poo poo if you are friends.

Chakron posted:

I'm Webb. Keep your eyes peeled for suspicious events and let me know if you see anything!

My secret santee is in the alliance (admittedly in a corp i didn't really know had joined us) and I've every intention of making good on it. I hope everyone else in corp who signed up but it leaving will take the same approach.

Zephyrine posted:

Thanks.

I'll check on Baltec once I get home from work.

Baltec is coming with us. I looked down the the list today of the folks coming - it isn't long but it is storied - and it was a great feeling, I think I said something soppy in channel like how it made me know we were doing the right thing and everyone shuffled in an embarrassed fasion and pretended to be looking out the window and stuff.

Edit: on the secret santa/making good thing xttz from the post above knows that I approached him and gave him back the titan he gave me years ago. We're not goonfuckers and I doubt if anyone would even have remembered that.

Endie fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Dec 14, 2015

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Blawrf posted:

Likely, yeah! Who are you, Ivanova? I have trouble linking SA names to EVE heh

Yep, sup.

Edit: that specific thing being Hobbit being booted? I didn't think anyone had even noticed. Like I say, didn't bother me hugely at the time :shrug:

Though even so much as a forums PM telling me so would have been nice, since I was still reading those and getting on Jabber occasionally - as opposed to logging in and suddenly finding I couldn't see any of the forums. Seriously, is a little common courtesy too much to ask? It's not like Blawrf or I are randoms who joined last week.

Edit: Hobbit wasn't even Kriegsmarine, btw. It was originally an alt corp founded by a RL friend of mine in 2006 because he got a Vagabond BPO, along with like half a dozen of his RL friends. We started out in the Remedial FTZ and got let into the swarm when the FTZ got wound up because we were not-useless. Everyone else gradually stopped playing over the years except me (unfortunately Selnaric went AFK but didn't hand over the CEO role to me so I couldn't clear old players out). It's not like it was a gold-farming corp or anything, it was more my personal corp because of a quirk of history. On the one hand with me inactive it's not like it was doing the Swarm any good, but on the other hand it wasn't doing any harm either.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 14, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I'm really going to miss you Blawrf. You were the one who talked me through my transfer to Waffe which was a really difficult and confusing time for me in Eve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

xtothez posted:

not being a thieving dick

to be fair basically everyone knows that all the good poo poo is kept in DJ's anyways

like i know that and i'm a drooling retard mushroom with no access

the goodwill you buy by being the bigger man is worth more than a piddling half trillion isk of random GSOL stuff and alliance contract materiel (and the mentor hangar :mrgw:)

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010

Endie posted:

Baltec is coming with us. I looked down the the list today of the folks coming - it isn't long but it is storied - and it was a great feeling, I think I said something soppy in channel like how it made me know we were doing the right thing and everyone shuffled in an embarrassed fasion and pretended to be looking out the window and stuff.

There was an airplane flying past with an interesting paint job.. i swear

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

My statement wasn't directed at you (in fact, who the hell are you?), that's the general vibe I'm getting after catching up with the thread. No, I'm too new to goons in eve to know who's who, who's actually part of the Imperium/CFC, who's a bittervet that doesn't play any more etc.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Ledenko posted:

My statement wasn't directed at you (in fact, who the hell are you?), that's the general vibe I'm getting after catching up with the thread. No, I'm too new to goons in eve to know who's who, who's actually part of the Imperium/CFC, who's a bittervet that doesn't play any more etc.

I'm so vain I bet I thought that post was about us.

If you worry that everyone hates everyone then I'd still listen to that recording. It is possible to do eve without hatred.

I don't like securitas much, though.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

xtothez posted:

My harsh words shouldn't elicit a kneejerk reaction from you; moreso, they should make you go "huh, I always got along with xttz, why is he saying this poo poo? If xttz is saying this then maybe I should take a look at myself?

And I would, yeah, I would definitely take what you're saying into account because it's xttz saying it... if you had any idea what you were speaking about. The fact that you sincerely believe this is at all about me losing the access as opposed to the method in which my access was taken shows that, however noble your aims and however famed you are for your written rhetoric ability, you are entirely fixated on the wrong aspect of the issue. You're sitting there in TSC & illum, listening to the echo chamber resonate "blawrf is just upset because he got kicked" or "blawrf wants to stay in leadership channels even though he's not doing anything wow what a bitch."

That's not true. I wasn't engaging in illum, at all, other than to watch it deteriorate. Even TSC, at the end, I was so focused on degree & recovery that I was barely commenting. I don't MISS being in TSC, I don't MISS being in Illum - poo poo, like I told Sion, before he threatened to logdump personal information about me from TSC, I thought I'd care a whole lot more about being removed from illum. It was the personal insult from the manner of removal from TSC that embittered me, but I got over it - I knew I could return if I wanted to put the hours in; I couldn't put in the hours so I didn't want back in - and further, I didn't really want to take time out of my day to help someone who treated me, at the time, like I was treated. So I left, faded quietly away, until the "mental illness" comment.

We're not in a similar situation xttz, not at all, and it's insulting that you think we are. I thought more of you and your ability to reason and think for yourself.

Edit: i've already spoken to Mittens at length about everything so really your own interpretation of the matter at hand is irrelevant.

Blawrf fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 14, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm really excited about the escalation that's been happening lately, and I'm eagerly waiting for the one spite-leak that begins the tidal wave of scandalous leaks

Come on guys all the good tv shows are on winter break right now, I need this.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blawrf posted:

So I left, faded quietly away, until the "mental illness" comment.

wew, If we had a leak/meltdown like this every time someone was called mentally ill in GSF this thread would always move this fast.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Rowwr

Venom Snake posted:

wew, If we had a leak/meltdown like this every time someone was called mentally ill in GSF this thread would always move this fast.

There is absolute precedent for the ill-advised move of GSF leadership, in the current game environment, calling someone "mentally ill."

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Blawrf posted:

You're sitting there in TSC & illum, listening to the echo chamber

You say this, but you went from one echo chamber to another (reddit.) But, hey, as long as the echoes are the ones you want to hear, right?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Blawrf posted:

in the current game environment

what exactly changed that made this so awful now c.f. any time in the past

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Rowwr

Glory of Arioch posted:

You say this, but you went from one echo chamber to another (reddit.) But, hey, as long as the echoes are the ones you want to hear, right?

Yeah and in that echo chamber I talked about what a great person and friend Mittens had been to me, which has been ~upvoted~ over five hundred times

what an echo chamber huh

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
"this exact same thing happened to me, but I didn't act like a huge bitch about it" "NO IT WAS DIFFERENT FOR REASONS AND IM A PISSY BABY"

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I hate it when mum and dad fight

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Blawrf posted:

Yeah and in that echo chamber I talked about what a great person and friend Mittens had been to be, which has been ~upvoted~ over five hundred times

what an echo chamber huh

yes -- i'm sure that they're upvoting you specifically because you talk about how good a friend you are to their space satan figure

it couldn't be because you're telling them exactly what they want to hear in every other aspect of the post or anything

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Plavski posted:

I hate it when mum and dad fight

I on the other hand, love it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

yes -- i'm sure that they're upvoting you specifically because you talk about how good a friend you are to their space satan figure

it couldn't be because you're telling them exactly what they want to hear in every other aspect of the post or anything

he's not trying to burn the bridges completely, he just wants to singe em a little for the crowd

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blawrf posted:

There is absolute precedent for the ill-advised move of GSF leadership, in the current game environment, calling someone "mentally ill."

I'm a nobody, but from my perspective all of this comes off as "I'm bitter and looking for a reason to hate the people who made me bitter". poo poo Iv been called a lot worse in my short time with GSF so far; I'm known as "Crazy Drifter Guy" but like half the game since my research project.

Blawrf posted:

Yeah and in that echo chamber I talked about what a great person and friend Mittens had been to me, which has been ~upvoted~ over five hundred times

what an echo chamber huh

When you follow up "great person and friend" with "part of the group of assholes that cut me off" it somewhat diminishes the former's significance.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Rowwr

Glory of Arioch posted:

And yet they could've easily have ignored it, downvoted it, called me naive and a liar and whipped or whatever. But they didn't. They took it as much a truth as the rest of the post - which is good, because it is.

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004

Ledenko posted:

"Who the hell is Endie again guys? I've been reading this thread but apparently my reading comprehension is so bad that I can't decipher any of the recent events tied to the OP who actually has their SA name very well connected to their EVE alias" :gb2gbs:

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Rowwr

Venom Snake posted:

I'm a nobody, but from my perspective all of this comes off as "I'm bitter and looking for a reason to hate the people who made me bitter".

Fair enough, I'm sorry that you can't see my point of view. If, even at this juncture, you think I'm just looking for a reason to hate on those who wronged me once upon a time then I'll never convince you otherwise. Enjoy your EVE career :sun:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blawrf posted:

Fair enough, I'm sorry that you can't see my point of view. If, even at this juncture, you think I'm just looking for a reason to hate on those who wronged me once upon a time then I'll never convince you otherwise. Enjoy your EVE career :sun:

I don't think it's that entirely; but considering Iv seen nothing but awkward feet shuffling and good wishes towards Endie and BAT as well as people expressing how hurt they are that you did what you did it begs the question of who indeed disliked you or why you made that reddit post when obviously you were not seen as "mentally ill" or viewed in any other real negative way.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Blawrf posted:

And yet they could've easily have ignored it, downvoted it, called me naive and a liar and whipped or whatever

this is a pretty daft thing to say given how much they idolize martyrs

you could probably repudiate your entire position at this point and still end up considered on their side of the narrative

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Endie posted:

I'm so vain I bet I thought that post was about us.

If you worry that everyone hates everyone then I'd still listen to that recording. It is possible to do eve without hatred.

I don't like securitas much, though.

When you will anounce your future plans ?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Blawrf posted:

And I would, yeah, I would definitely take what you're saying into account because it's xttz saying it... if you had any idea what you were speaking about. The fact that you sincerely believe this is at all about me losing the access as opposed to the method in which my access was taken shows that, however noble your aims and however famed you are for your written rhetoric ability, you are entirely fixated on the wrong aspect of the issue. You're sitting there in TSC & illum, listening to the echo chamber resonate "blawrf is just upset because he got kicked" or "blawrf wants to stay in leadership channels even though he's not doing anything wow what a bitch."

That's not true. I wasn't engaging in illum, at all, other than to watch it deteriorate. Even TSC, at the end, I was so focused on degree & recovery that I was barely commenting. I don't MISS being in TSC, I don't MISS being in Illum - poo poo, like I told Sion, before he threatened to logdump personal information about me from TSC, I thought I'd care a whole lot more about being removed from illum. It was the personal insult from the manner of removal from TSC that embittered me, but I got over it - I knew I could return if I wanted to put the hours in; I couldn't put in the hours so I didn't want back in - and further, I didn't really want to take time out of my day to help someone who treated me, at the time, like I was treated. So I left, faded quietly away, until the "mental illness" comment.

We're not in a similar situation xttz, not at all, and it's insulting that you think we are. I thought more of you and your ability to reason and think for yourself.

Xttz is now in all of those channels and knows what he's talking about because he can see it first hand and he got removed in the exact same way you did. I know you think doing what you did was the right thing to do (and needless to say, I disagree), but even if it was, you decided to insult a great deal of people besides just the people you were aiming at. Whatever you felt you needed to say we all know you didn't need to go to /r/eve to say it: going to /r/eve means your audience isn't goons, it's all the shitlords who hate us. You could have posted it here, for example. As for the "mental illness" stuff, well, I've been in both channels as well and like I said I haven't seen it, I sincerely doubt anything of the sort happened. People can, and did, get hurt when endie's log full of obviously false and easily disproven stuff got leaked and it is normal and human to vent. And it is normal, and human, to wonder what the gently caress someone was thinking when thinking Xander wouldn't leak something, as I'm sure Endie has thought since that leaked.

Look, you may be right and I may be wrong. I doubt it, but it could be true. But even if everything you say is true - every single detail about how you were treated - you decided that your response to that involved insulting and denigrating everyone else as well. That's the decision you made, and even if you think that it's a price worth paying then you can't expect people to appreciate that you decided that your anger over what people said about endie while venting about him was more important than your friendship with them. I still like you as a person but I don't like the decision you made, and you can't expect everyone to like it and not to feel insulted. If you think I'm wrong about any of it then I'm always open to talk but I also didn't appreciate what you did and wouldn't have appreciated it even if I agreed 100% with how you interpreted what you've seen, and I don't. I mean, you can always PM the logs to me and we can discuss - it's not exactly a secret where they came from - because i think that's how it should have been handled in the first place if you thought people were behaving inappropriately. It's insulting to everyone else you ever met and worked with when you tell us that we're not able to think for ourselves: we may not agree with you, but good people can disagree without it being because of an echo chamber or something else dumb. And frankly that's the best way to handle things because a lot of the time this sort of thing can be resolved when people just sit down and actually talk

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 14, 2015

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Blawrf posted:

It was the personal insult from the manner of removal from TSC...

We're not in a similar situation xttz, not at all, and it's insulting that you think we are.

What was the difference in the manner we were both removed? I received 37 "gently caress YOU AND DIE" text messages when my access was removed, did you get more than that?

Blawrf posted:

I thought more of you and your ability to reason and think for yourself.

lol

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Ed Jurak posted:

"Who the hell is Endie again guys? I've been reading this thread but apparently my reading comprehension is so bad that I can't decipher any of the recent events tied to the OP who actually has their SA name very well connected to their EVE alias" :gb2gbs:

Does making an OP suddenly make you space president or something? I've been in GW for just over a month, I'm so very sorry I don't hold up to your high standards of knowing every drama riddled personality itt.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Venom Snake posted:

I don't think it's that entirely; but considering Iv seen nothing but awkward feet shuffling and good wishes towards Endie and BAT as well as people expressing how hurt they are that you did what you did it begs the question of who indeed disliked you or why you made that reddit post when obviously you were not seen as "mentally ill" or viewed in any other real negative way.

It wasn't blawrf that was being tagged as mentally ill in various back-channel conversations he just didn't like seeing it you dafty do try and keep up bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ledenko posted:

Does making an OP suddenly make you space president or something? I've been in GW for just over a month, I'm so very sorry I don't hold up to your high standards of knowing every drama riddled personality itt.

The fact that he's the guy the alliance picked to post the official Goonswarm OP should probably be a hint that he is not, for example, someone who's been in GW for just over a month, yeah. :)

• Locked thread