Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It makes more sense when you consider the fact that Game Boys are literally indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
A Gameboy rumble pac would have to vibrate hard enough to split atoms before it could do any damage to the device. It's a hardy-rear end machine.

It still never caught on, though. People tried to bring it back on the GBA with Drill Dozer and I think Warioware: Twisted but then just sort of gave up on the idea.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
New episode! It's been a long time coming but finally - part 1 of my review of Mad Men!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's probably what it was. I didn't actually have a Game Boy Colour when I got the game - I had a Game Boy Pocket. I kept the game until I got a GBC for whatever Pokémon game it was launched on it (would've been Gold and Silver, I reckon - I had Gold, my brother had Silver).

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!
Three new Baywatchings!

http://phelous.com/2015/12/12/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/bw-princess-of-tides/

http://phelous.com/2015/12/12/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/bw-masquerade/

http://phelous.com/2015/12/12/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/bw-lifeguards-cant-jump/

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

I loved your Charmed retrospective, but Baywatching blows it straight out of the water. There are just so many amazing things about this series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Red Metal posted:

Arcsquad really wanted Jon to do TIE Fighter.

That I did, and I am satisfied. Sort of.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Watching some old episodes, it's amazing how little continuity matters. I cannot remember if Eddie being a virgin was just a joke, or a plot point, but apparently, he can still be a virgin after banging some older woman when he was 15.

It's amazing how this series really is the Hoff writing fanfiction for himself. "And then after Garner wins the basketball game, Mitch effortlessly dunks over Garner. Then Mitch bangs the princess and gets all the saves."

Also, when are we getting monkey lifeguard? And more importantly, is Monkey Lifeguard a better lifeguard than the rookies?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

"Yo, what in the ham sandwich is goin' on?" That line was equal parts :lol: and :wtf:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What got me was bleeping "Holy c*w!"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PassTheRemote posted:

Watching some old episodes, it's amazing how little continuity matters. I cannot remember if Eddie being a virgin was just a joke, or a plot point, but apparently, he can still be a virgin after banging some older woman when he was 15.

It's amazing how this series really is the Hoff writing fanfiction for himself. "And then after Garner wins the basketball game, Mitch effortlessly dunks over Garner. Then Mitch bangs the princess and gets all the saves."

Also, when are we getting monkey lifeguard? And more importantly, is Monkey Lifeguard a better lifeguard than the rookies?

I just like how we're slowly filling out the context for the opening.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The real life princess sounds amazing.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

The Mitchstache is amazing, but it’s not nearly as great as Hasselhoff’s mustache as Garth Knight in Knight Rider.

Compendium posted:

The real life princess sounds amazing.

Lupa and I saw another princess in Acapulco H.E.A.T. Catherine Oxenburg, the female lead, is the daughter of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

OldMemes posted:

I think the reason Rolfe stays relevant is because he stays out of drama, he knows how to be professional and present himself and his brand to the public. He cares about what he does, and the fans, and he knows what to keep private, and that makes him more likable, imo.

I think it helps also that James has interesting creative friends (instead of lazy broke schulbs like the rest of us :smith: ). Turns out that "Boosty Spankins P.I." has been calling himself that even before AVGN existed and is very talented musically, able to sing beautifully and play music.

And his Christmas album is free to listen on YouTube! Happy Holidays!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkbuz6X34q8

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

echopapa posted:

Lupa and I saw another princess in Acapulco H.E.A.T. Catherine Oxenburg, the female lead, is the daughter of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia.

Yugoslavia?

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

e X posted:

I loved your Charmed retrospective, but Baywatching blows it straight out of the water. There are just so many amazing things about this series.

Thanks man! My fave part is remembering all the stupid stuff I forgot the first time around as I go over it again.

PassTheRemote posted:

The Eddie virgin thing was my joke, because he reminds me of a small child and it's hard to imagine a woman finding him desirable.

Monkey lifeguard is like season 7 or 8, but it's amazing.

Mr. Fowl posted:

I just like how we're slowly filling out the context for the opening.

I know right??

Equeen posted:

"Yo, what in the ham sandwich is goin' on?" That line was equal parts :lol: and :wtf:

I had to rewind several times after I heard that line. Lou Rawls is fantastic. He's a main character on Baywatch Nights, and he even gets a storyline where they're held hostage at his night club and he gets shot.

echopapa posted:

The Mitchstache is amazing, but it’s not nearly as great as Hasselhoff’s mustache as Garth Knight in Knight Rider.

Oh my god I'm dead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh my god, poor Garner. He deserved better.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
does CJ just randomly hug kids for fun?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Miss Wallace posted:

I had to rewind several times after I heard that line. Lou Rawls is fantastic. He's a main character on Baywatch Nights, and he even gets a storyline where they're held hostage at his night club and he gets shot.

All I'm hearing is that we need to get to Baywatch Nights :D

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's irrationally surprising me how quickly I've adapted to Bald Brad. I'm watching some older Midnight Screenings and my internal monologue is screaming "What's so different about... oh, hair." constantly.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

does CJ just randomly hug kids for fun?

Apparently? That shot of her hugging the kid was the punchline to Jeff Altman's character thinking she was going to hug him. it raises many questions since the kid remains unexplained.

Mr. Fowl posted:

All I'm hearing is that we need to get to Baywatch Nights :D

I really look forward to reviewing it! I can guarantee the reviews will be funnier than the series, which is mostly confusing. The first season is just a detective show though and they actually try sometimes, which makes it waaaay better than season 2. One of their main characters in that season is a psychic (but she is not in season 2, the supernatural season), and at one point she is tied up on train tracks for like a kiddy train at a fair. One of my faves of season one is when Mitch and Garner go undercover at a chicken restaurant and then throw chicken at the bad guys.

Or the episode where Mitch goes undercover as a drag queen.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Just watched the last few Board James episodes and holy poo poo that was amazing. :stare:

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
So there I was thinking that the episode with the Mitchstache and the black and white montage was probably the most ridiculous that Baywatch could get since Gilligan's Island, and then...the homoerotic basketball episode. Wait..Garner was a hustler in college? From sex work to basketball, I guess!
Mitch's faces. Just...Mitch's faces.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Binging on Snob content: whatever happened to that movie Brad was making?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

You can buy it on dvd here

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

MisterBibs posted:

The "Shot on Shitteo" movie? Brad had a huge falling out with one of his friends that was co-starring in it and Brad didn't have the necessary "cover your rear end" legal documentation to use the footage with him in it (which was most of it) so he has declared it his own "The Day the Clown Cried," never to see public release.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Oh! THAT movie. You kinda need to be specific when it comes to Brad and movies.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Mr.Radar posted:

The "Shot on Shitteo" movie? Brad had a huge falling out with one of his friends that was co-starring in it and Brad didn't have the necessary "cover your rear end" legal documentation to use the footage with him in it (which was most of it) so he has declared it his own "The Day the Clown Cried," never to see public release.

So that's the story on that movie? drat it. And Brad probably didn't think he'd need the necessary "cover your rear end" legal documentation because Jake was a longtime friend who'd been with him through a lot, before Jake hosed (ahem) it all up.

gently caress YOU JAKE. gently caress YOU! :argh: On top of everything else, we're not getting "Shot on Shitteo" now. gently caress you Jake gently caress you. You dumb piece of poo poo! :mad:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Mr.Radar posted:

Wow. Thanks, I had no idea that was involved.

It's weird that Brad has had to deal with two experiences of long-term friendships that both dramatically and suddenly come crashing to a halt, both times causing repercussions with his web series.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

It's weird that Brad has had to deal with two experiences of long-term friendships that both dramatically and suddenly come crashing to a halt, both times causing repercussions with his web series.

I don't recall him booting Jerrid off the site having any major repercussions for anything beyond Midnight Screenings, which he very rarely appeared in anyway. Plus, Jerrid was quite open about being a repugnant shithead on every possible level, from what I've seen of him, where as Jake was a duplicitous piece of poo poo who kept his awfulness hidden from everyone.

It's physically hard for me to go back and watch old Midnight Screenings with Jake in them these days. Even the fantastic ones like the Oogieloves ones.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

MisterBibs posted:

I never really understood what happened with Jerrid.
At least he and Jillian remained friends. :unsmith:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

He'd use con goings to creep on women, from what I gather.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
What did Jake do again?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

DoctorWhat posted:

What did Jake do again?

Here, Brad confirms it's true a few posts down from that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Oh poo poo right. Yikes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sounds like Brad dodged a bullet there, actually, if he's looking for a silver lining.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jack Gladney posted:

Sounds like Brad dodged a bullet there, actually, if he's looking for a silver lining.

quote:

Communal family with kids from multiple fathers

I think he dodged a missile strike.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wow, that's pretty hosed up.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I think that's what has caused me to drop off from following Brad. At one time he was one of my favorite reviewers and he's got a fantastic work ethic. But with Brad, moreso than most others, it's hard to set the personal stuff aside because it just permeates through everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I'll admit I find it hard to watch a Snob video that includes one of the people he had a falling-out with. Which is a shame, because I like the Bros sketches. It feels somehow tainted now.

Man, I hope Lloyd never does anything heinous. That'll taint over half the videos. :ohdear:

• Locked thread