Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Personally I find nevermore to be a really stupid looking and bad legendary for idiot clown babies but at least it's better than twilight, sunrise, kudzu, bifrost, dreamer, minstrel, and meteorlogicus.

Yeah I'm off the chain, I fuckin DARE you all sheep to try and make me conform to your sheep standards from the sheepocratic sheepublic of sheepistan.

:negative: that's such a pigeon thing to say, rock dove more like crock of poo poo dove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

balloongate 2015 will never die

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Kerrzhe i like your look, you were very sparkley at guild missions :3

Also birdstaff is the only thing that makes me want to play druid, it would work perfectly with my "too many birds" ranger. I do have a bunch of stuff saved up that i was gonna use for kudzu...but biiiird~

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

rock dove more like crock of poo poo dove

There will come a great reckoning; a totaling of sum. All those with bird brooms and brony bows will count themselves among the d*rned.

Satan have mercy on those doubly d*rned who own both.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

It is bad luck to diss birds, man. they are smart as heck and there's a reason there's so many bird omens and poo poo.

hope u don't get ~*bird curséd*~

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

birds are good

for eating :henget:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

There will come a great reckoning; a totaling of sum. All those with bird brooms and brony bows will count themselves among the d*rned.

sharpen your pitchforks mateys, i think we've found a race traitor

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

sharpen your pitchforks mateys, i think we've found a race traitor

the signature weapon of 17th century pirates: pitchforks

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
If birds are so good why don't they invent cool poo poo like bikes, Pogs, Hi-C Ecto Cooler and the SNES?!?

I have thumbs, dammit!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

There is no mercy for those such as me

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Every time I stand near you I feel like I need sunscreen.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Kerrrrrrr posted:

There is no mercy for those such as me

Oh I didn't mean you kerrzhe. You're one of the good ones. :clint:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Lonk posted:

If birds are so good why don't they invent cool poo poo like bikes, Pogs, Hi-C Ecto Cooler and the SNES?!?

I have thumbs, dammit!

they just trained us to invent it for them.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
This thread is for the birds.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
This thread is a murder

of crows

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36Xadupn5c

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You post this video, like, a lot. Maybe consider taking a short, therapeutic break from this thread?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You post this video, like, a lot. Maybe consider taking a short, therapeutic break from this thread?
Much like SAB is taking a (not so) short break from existence.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm torn between wanting to post a smartass response, purposely trying to be funny and taking this as honest advice because I probably should tbh.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

balloongate 2015 will never die

I upgraded it.

and made a sweet fountain

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 14, 2015

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

holy poo poo that's better than what the anet environment designers make

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

I upgraded it.

You loving rule

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Someone make a Mesmer Asura 2016 election image, TIA.

Appointment for internet hookup tomorrow! :toot:

E: also, zodiac rules

xthnru fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 14, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I realize how late/slow I am but I finally got 100% on the HoT zones, and while tangled depths may be pretty, gently caress that place so loving much

xthnru posted:

Appointment for internet hookup tomorrow! :toot:

Wooo finally!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

This thread might be worse than HoT now.
Impossible.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004
I just finished up unlocking all of the specializations to full. Now I need to grind out the faction specific items to finish up the specialization gear, and somehow find a successful Vinetooth. Please send help, ley crystals, and bourbon.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Crimsonbeak posted:

I just finished up unlocking all of the specializations to full. Now I need to grind out the faction specific items to finish up the specialization gear, and somehow find a successful Vinetooth. Please send help, ley crystals, and bourbon.

At 50 crystalline ore i don't think most are worth it. I got the reaper great sword because it is absolutely bad rear end, but none of the other weapons really stood out.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

malhavok posted:

At 50 crystalline ore i don't think most are worth it. I got the reaper great sword because it is absolutely bad rear end, but none of the other weapons really stood out.

Its an ascended weapon. Its cheaper than crafting it, if you need that particular weapon type. If it doesn't offer the stats you are looking for, you can mystic forge it to the particular stats you need.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

malhavok posted:

I'm not worried about Ore that much. I get 40-50 per DS run and I am not looking to create any of the current legendaries anytime soon. I just did the precursor collections-> legendary for Bifrost so I am down to about 30 spirit wood and need to build that up, as well as my gold to start on those.

And I expect by the time I am ready to work on one (Feb/March) Arenanet will have added in an alternate means to acquire it beyond grinding DS over and over.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
With how easy it is to get Crystalline Ore the hardest part of getting the specialization weapons is probably the map currencies. Even then, the biggest chunk of that is Airship Gears and they're easy to get.

Plus you'll eventually get one of the rare skins from the cargo containers, right? Right? :smith:

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So uhh, two questions. I've recently started playing this game again ever since being away from it since June or something. Are Rangers incredibly OP now or something as nearly everyone I meet in unranked arenas are rangers.

Oh, and what the hell are those servers in the server browser where you simply join a map then AFK to rank up? Is this seriously a way for people to get higher rank in PvP without actually doing any PvP? :psyduck:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Alteisen posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/shinryuku_ku/v/29690932

Could any ele players tell me what happened here? Seems like they couldn't hurt each other.

BTW, this just happened on the GW2 EU ESL stream. Two players just stopped 1v1ing on a capture point and waited until teammates showed up a minute or two later.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Upcoming-Balance-Changes-Week-of-December-14-2015/first
Incoming balance change. Nothing major apart from Mallyx's Resistance (Demonic Defiance) nerf.

e:

Stalins Moustache posted:

So uhh, two questions. I've recently started playing this game again ever since being away from it since June or something. Are Rangers incredibly OP now or something as nearly everyone I meet in unranked arenas are rangers.

Oh, and what the hell are those servers in the server browser where you simply join a map then AFK to rank up? Is this seriously a way for people to get higher rank in PvP without actually doing any PvP? :psyduck:
Depends on the Ranger build, but longbow or condi builds on Ranger are easy to use. You won't see them much in ranked though, because those builds get nuked fast.

As for servers in server browser, people join for daily and effortless rank up because apparently you're forced to play Stronghold until you reach certain rank.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 14, 2015

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Given the poo poo sandwich ANet is more than happy to serve WvW players, I will take this table scraps with glee. At least we can counter Coalescence of Ruin now: Have your frontline actually leap/rush, or even use frontline Necro minions to absorb the closer range/soft hits and protect the backline.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Aesis posted:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Upcoming-Balance-Changes-Week-of-December-14-2015/first
Incoming balance change. Nothing major apart from Mallyx's Resistance (Demonic Defiance) nerf.

e:

Depends on the Ranger build, but longbow or condi builds on Ranger are easy to use. You won't see them much in ranked though, because those builds get nuked fast.

As for servers in server browser, people join for daily and effortless rank up because apparently you're forced to play Stronghold until you reach certain rank.

I see. What's a good class for wanting to play ranked, then? I really enjoy playing a warrior, didn't quite "get" Guardian and never tried Revenant. Any other classes I could try to learn how to play? Currently playing a RAnger.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Flavor of the month strong classes are Guardian, Elementalist, and Mesmer. Rangers are pretty annoying too if they're Druids

Speaking of Mesmers, how do you kill Chronos? I've never come even close without it being 2v1 or 3v1

e: the upcoming nerf to their ridiculous goddamned block skill will actually help a good bit

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Stalins Moustache posted:

I see. What's a good class for wanting to play ranked, then? I really enjoy playing a warrior, didn't quite "get" Guardian and never tried Revenant. Any other classes I could try to learn how to play? Currently playing a RAnger.

Mesmer Revenant and Elementalist are currently the top classes, Guardian is great at killing bad players by the bucketload, Necro is great and tanky but not quite as good as the top tier classes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm so glad after all this silence from Anet we are getting four (4) skill balance adjustments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Aesis posted:

Reminder that thieves were supposed to get a 10% boost to the healing from withdraw months ago but that never happened and will apparently never happen even though it would be a simple matter of hotfixing a coefficient

• Locked thread