Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Ross Angeles posted:

*Runs Strongest Clan about eight million times*

*Finally sees a battle card drop*

*So excited!!!!*

*mecha frieza*

My exact life today.

Best served when you have a SA 10 Mecha Frieza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

*Runs Strongest Clan about eight million times*

*Finally sees a battle card drop*

*So excited!!!!*

*mecha frieza*

I wanted to warn you about this too, but then I thought it would be funnier to just wait.

On another note, 2 multipulls: TEQ Raditz, AGL #18 and a bunch of rares. Got my Kid Vegeta though, only took about 80 runs.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got 4 Coolers from 3 multipulls. Also got one from the event. Trying to decide how to divvy them up. I guess SA3 on the Dokkan one and 2 on the SR? I feel like they'd be good to use together on an INT team or with Bojack Boujack and such.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally got a Cooler to drop.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I have all the crap I need to dokkan Fat Buu and Super Perfect Cell. Now to spend ten years trying to farm all the green medals I need to get them both going :negative:

If you're playing the JPN version you should do the Buu event if you can; Fat Buu can be dokanned to SSR Super Buu, who further upgrades to UR.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I know I shouldn't complain about drop rates on events, since I've been able to get most of the farmable characters up to Super Level 10 (Kid Vegeta, King Vegeta, Police Office Krillin, Chair Frieza, Mecha Frezia (a 2nd non-dokkan awakened one) and Cooler being the ones I haven't), but I've run Last Battle 33 times without a Frieza drop.

At least I'm closing in on 40 million Zeni. Not sure what I'll spend it on, or if there's anything to spend it on.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sweet, looks like the Great Saiyaman event is starting tomorrow.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh my god how did I beat super powered Bojack the first time around for the gohan medal? I'm using a total AGL team and he's loving wrecking me

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Hard drops medals and cards easy enough, no need to do Z-Hard runs.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Petiso posted:

Hard drops medals and cards easy enough, no need to do Z-Hard runs.

I die maybe once after a full stamina bar against the strongest clan on Z-Hard, and that's SUPER my own fault of not paying attention. I have yet to get EITHER Mecha-Frieza or Cooler to drop during the event.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I die maybe once after a full stamina bar against the strongest clan on Z-Hard, and that's SUPER my own fault of not paying attention. I have yet to get EITHER Mecha-Frieza or Cooler to drop during the event.

Yeah, but Bojack is not Strongest Clan. Bojack is a loving monster and eats even very good AGL teams for breakfast. And Gohans drop rate really is good enough on Hard.

Did 3 single summons after my terrible multi summons and got Cooler, 2nd form Freeza and 3rd form Freeza :shrug:, which are the 2 Freezas I still needed after my RoF Dokkan spree. Guess I can count myself pretty lucky after all, now lets hope I get a Videl or two tomorrow.

If you don't have a good rainbow lead, tomorrow is a good chance to get one on a budget: The SR STR Videl dokkans into SSR Great Saiyaman, with +25% ATK lead and +1000 ATK for allies passive. Her stats, like all dokkan-characters, aren't particularly great and her links need a Gohan-Saiyaman, but if you can get both together they're absolutely nuts (+25% ATK and +4 KI). She's also future proof, with links to counter both Broly and Kid Buu. And the icing, the SR STR Gohan-Saiyaman is free during the event (you can even farm SA10 for him), so both are a pretty big deal for a STR team, especially since free STR cards are hard to get (only Cyborg Tao and R Vegeta so far).
TLDR: Do this event or you will regret it.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I've got a couple of Videls. Which ones can be Dokkan'd, do you know? Is it just SR Strength?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

I've got a couple of Videls. Which ones can be Dokkan'd, do you know? Is it just SR Strength?

If it's like the JP version it's SR STR and a new TEQ SR version.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

Yeah, but Bojack is not Strongest Clan. Bojack is a loving monster and eats even very good AGL teams for breakfast. And Gohans drop rate really is good enough on Hard.

Did 3 single summons after my terrible multi summons and got Cooler, 2nd form Freeza and 3rd form Freeza :shrug:, which are the 2 Freezas I still needed after my RoF Dokkan spree. Guess I can count myself pretty lucky after all, now lets hope I get a Videl or two tomorrow.

If you don't have a good rainbow lead, tomorrow is a good chance to get one on a budget: The SR STR Videl dokkans into SSR Great Saiyaman, with +25% ATK lead and +1000 ATK for allies passive. Her stats, like all dokkan-characters, aren't particularly great and her links need a Gohan-Saiyaman, but if you can get both together they're absolutely nuts (+25% ATK and +4 KI). She's also future proof, with links to counter both Broly and Kid Buu. And the icing, the SR STR Gohan-Saiyaman is free during the event (you can even farm SA10 for him), so both are a pretty big deal for a STR team, especially since free STR cards are hard to get (only Cyborg Tao and R Vegeta so far).
TLDR: Do this event or you will regret it.

Oh yeah, Bojack was a bitch and a half, I was just saying in comparison. :(

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Oh yeah, Bojack was a bitch and a half, I was just saying in comparison. :(

Sorry, didn't want to sound rude. Yeah, Strongest Clan should be done on Z-Hard, the droprate is dumb enough as it is.

You can Dokkan the SR STR videl and the new SR TEQ Videl (STR is straight up better in every way though), none of the R ones. You can also Dokkan STR R Adolescent Gohan (drops during the event) and SR AGL Gohan (from the new Gacha). Obviously the AGL is stronger, but the STR still has its place with potential SA 10 and linking with Videl in STR teams.

I really wish we had a good PHY Battlefield Diva, the link is amazing and I want to build a tournament team with it. Now I have to settle for a STR team instead.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So I did a single pull and got SR AGL Adult Gohan, is he the better one to Dokkan than the free one you get?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
So many new missions.

This is a neat little event.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Did a pair of 10-pulls, got SR AGL Gohan, another SR STR Videl, and two TEQ Videl. Seems like you only get enough medals to do one of each? I figure SR Gohan and STR Videl are the hot picks.

Z-Hard Pilaf Robot is not loving around. :catstare:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 11, 2015

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Did a pair of 10-pulls, got SR AGL Gohan, another SR STR Videl, and two TEQ Videl. Seems like you only get enough medals to do one of each? I figure SR Gohan and STR Videl are the hot picks.

Z-Hard Pilaf Robot is not loving around. :catstare:

You can do two of each, they need different medals. Just have to farm 60 Bulmas.

Got SR Nail and SR SSJ Goten from my multipull, sometime tonight my resistance will erode and I will do another one. Or two. Or enough to get a Videl

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Used all my dragon stones trying to pull the SR AGL Gohan to have both SSR Great Saiyaman but no luck :( I got the new SR TEQ Videl though, but I heard it's better to dokkan the STR one?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
STR Videl gets a +25% atk for all as a leader and a +1000 for allies as a passive. She's prettymuch Girl SSJ Bardock and her SR version isn't really impressive enough to use.

The counterpoint is that Battlefield Divas only has his new Videl so far for TEQ, so awakening her gives a pretty solid TEQ member for a team like that. On the other hand, TEQ Videl is way stronger at SR compared to STR. 5700 attack on an SSR* is nothing to sneeze at.

Both have merits, but STR Videl gets the bigger boost of the two. I'd say STR's probably better, but it's not as clear-cut as SR vs R Gohan to Great Saiyaman.

Wuxi posted:

You can do two of each, they need different medals. Just have to farm 60 Bulmas.

Got SR Nail and SR SSJ Goten from my multipull, sometime tonight my resistance will erode and I will do another one. Or two. Or enough to get a Videl

I'm looking at the data on dbz.space and it looks like you need the event medals to Z-Awaken, them, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 12, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Pretty sure I lost my account when Droid4x decided to poo poo its install. RIP me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

This Saiyaman event looks like fun, not gonna lie.
And I'm looking forward to Saiyaman 2 becoming my second UR ever, since the RNG gives all of my good pulls to Echophonic and I have naught to show for my Dragon Stone expenditures (Give me back my Super Saiyans!! :arghfist::saddowns: )

I had built up 20 free stones, did the single pulls:
R Teq Chaozu
R Phy #19
R Phy Yajirobe
R Str Chichi

After the 10th or so SR Zarbon from a multipull, I decided I would never spend money on stones again. So far, I've managed to stick to it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Okay, any of you who friended Hazalea tell me how many days since my last log-in? Going to try and get Bandai to give me the account

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

the_steve posted:

And I'm looking forward to Saiyaman 2 becoming my second UR ever, since the RNG gives all of my good pulls to Echophonic and I have naught to show for my Dragon Stone expenditures (Give me back my Super Saiyans!! :arghfist::saddowns: )

I had built up 20 free stones, did the single pulls:
R Teq Chaozu
R Phy #19
R Phy Yajirobe
R Str Chichi

After the 10th or so SR Zarbon from a multipull, I decided I would never spend money on stones again. So far, I've managed to stick to it.

Did another 2 multipulls and got no banner-card. Or anything useful really, so I'm with you there.

Echophonic posted:

STR Videl gets a +25% atk for all as a leader and a +1000 for allies as a passive. She's prettymuch Girl SSJ Bardock and her SR version isn't really impressive enough to use.

The counterpoint is that Battlefield Divas only has his new Videl so far for TEQ, so awakening her gives a pretty solid TEQ member for a team like that. On the other hand, TEQ Videl is way stronger at SR compared to STR. 5700 attack on an SSR* is nothing to sneeze at.

Both have merits, but STR Videl gets the bigger boost of the two. I'd say STR's probably better, but it's not as clear-cut as SR vs R Gohan to Great Saiyaman.

I'm looking at the data on dbz.space and it looks like you need the event medals to Z-Awaken, them, too.

The site always shows the Dokkan medals as Z-Awakening medals, just look at all the golden Freezas.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Did a multi-pull, got SSj Goku on the pull. Which yielded a poo poo ton of Rares, and 1 SSR SSj Gohan Adult. :D Overall pleased with the outcome.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Aurora posted:

Okay, any of you who friended Hazalea tell me how many days since my last log-in? Going to try and get Bandai to give me the account

If you had a level 74 Super Perfect Cell, its showing 5 days since last login.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Did another 2 multipulls and got no banner-card. Or anything useful really, so I'm with you there.

The site always shows the Dokkan medals as Z-Awakening medals, just look at all the golden Freezas.

Ah, good call. Didn't realize that. Might do the R one, too, then.

Kind of hosed up that they put up Snake Way during a weekend with one-day missions.

Also they put up an announcement about Christmas bonuses, which include two(!) Old Kais medals. Heck yes.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Also they put up an announcement about Christmas bonuses, which include two(!) Old Kais medals. Heck yes.

Also 26 Dragon Stones. Nice

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Wuxi posted:

Also 26 Dragon Stones. Nice

Merry loving Christmas indeed.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Today's stage is lame. Doesn't seem like good odds of Bulma medals.

I did manage to get both Gohans and both Videls Z-Awakened. I'm only doing STR Videl, but I figured I may as well Dokkan R STR Gohan, too.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Today's stage is lame. Doesn't seem like good odds of Bulma medals.

I did manage to get both Gohans and both Videls Z-Awakened. I'm only doing STR Videl, but I figured I may as well Dokkan R STR Gohan, too.

AHHH! Holy poo poo, I was so excited at grinding out Mighty mask and almost being done I forgot there is a new stage daily! I gotta make sure I already did it last night. Glad I checked the thread :v:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

AHHH! Holy poo poo, I was so excited at grinding out Mighty mask and almost being done I forgot there is a new stage daily! I gotta make sure I already did it last night. Glad I checked the thread :v:

They'll all be open on Thursday if I'm reading the news correctly. At least the missions seems to be able to completed very quickly.

I have made the mistake of jumping on the nimbus tile 3 times when there is a rare awakening medal 1 space after words with a 1 in my movement.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
There's plenty of gold awakening medals, but only the ones in front of Nappa are Bulma, far as I can tell.

Also I got a SSJ INT Gohan! You know, the old INT Teen one. He's pretty solid, far as I can remember, but he's competing for Old Kais with like every other SSR I have waiting in the wings. I really hope the Great Saiyaman cards need Supreme Kais.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Nope, just got the one at the corner and it was a Bulma. I'm wondering if I should have saved using them on the Videl until I had twenty, instead of using the 10 on Gohan right away.

Cozz fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 13, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I haven't been trying particularly hard and I have 20 already. Should be plenty of time to get the rest.

Edit: Got an Old Kai from Snake Way. :holy:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 13, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Support got my account back!

Also:

:shittypop:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Did a single pull on the Rate Up event and got Jaco. That's kinda neat.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Never thought I'd see a rate up.

Good thing I just spent my last 10 DS from Day 150 login and daily login bonuses. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Rate up seems pretty legit. Did 3 multipulls and got three SSRs. Only Whis was new, though. Got AGI SSJ2 Gohan and Kaioken Goku. Also got the new Piccolo and Trunks.

The Over in a Flash update makes Kaioken Goku even more appealing. Maybe I'll finally Z-Awaken him and build a team around him and Majin Vegeta.