Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Deadly Chlorine posted:

I think it'll still cost around the same, just that you don't have to click on that button 59 times, so y...yay?

Since anything between skill level 50 and 60 upgrades to new skill level 6, at least all the upgrades from 50 to 60 were basically a waste of money :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What are the differences between Attack Modes? I take that getting 3 stars will still allow you to auto play that mission without whaling, right? :ohdear:

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The vip attack modes are always unlocked even on your first run of a mission, the first is just movement, no auto attack or skills. The + includes auto attacks, and ++ includes skills.

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
I think it's actually auto attack at the first level, + is skills and ++ is "Improved AI". Which just means it breaks the destructible objects on purpose.

Unreasonably hyped though. For a mobile phone game. What is even happening?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Dreamofpower posted:

I think it's actually auto attack at the first level, + is skills and ++ is "Improved AI". Which just means it breaks the destructible objects on purpose.

Unreasonably hyped though. For a mobile phone game. What is even happening?

Basic Competence meeting Lowered Expectations

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Holy poo poo those changes are great.

The Groot and Loki heal and shield changes are awesome. I wasn't leveling Loki's shield before since the levels only increased attack speed, which was pointless.

Skill level consolidation is also amazing, and now I can be more of a whale and upgrade my gears with crystals! :woop:

e: God drat, and I can open a dimension rift when I want instead of when I find it. And a free 3-6* hero chest every 28 days.

e2: And rewards for being a bigger sperg in alliance contribution.

quote:

5. The following missions will not have enemy shifters: Story Mission 2-8, 4-9, 5-8, 6-6, and 8-7.

If you are trying to level and can clear a section but an enemy shifter will gently caress you, these might be good levels to get some XP on. 8-7 in particular was already 3 bosses at once.

Drythe fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 14, 2015

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Awesome changes! Super whale mode activated!

I'm gonna get VIP 5 for sure.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Lady Grom gonna be good with a costume

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

In celebration of a good patch incoming, it looks like Target is doing iTunes and Google Play and other mobile gift cards on sale this week.

It's buy one get one 20% off. Nothing too big but hey, if you want to save a few dollars, there ya go!

Target knew.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I like how you can buy itunes online, but you can't do google play. Dumb rear end target

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That's 10% more crystals! Oh man I might just hit VIP6 :aaaaa:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
This patch. D d d drat
Everything amazing.
Nico costume?!?! Yes please! Will be first costume I get. Now if only her bio was easier to farm

Wait did o read that right, all level 10 character will auto have plus 5 gear due to changes?
If so everyone is going to today 10 today

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 14, 2015

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Who is the best universal damage type hero

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
On terms of being able to farm pieces for to get to 6 or what?
Angela is considered fantastic at 3 star for battle world.
Loki wrecks at 6
Thor is drat fun and shits out aoe damage
Ultron is easily farmable and rock solid
Groot can become universal and help you win at life

Plus with a major patch coming who knows how things will get shaken up

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Erdricks posted:

Who is the best universal damage type hero

Groot + Thor costume is broken.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

EzEight posted:

Groot + Thor costume is broken.

This

I've also seen a four star Thor dominate a team up match, so he is good too.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
What Uniforms are you planning to pickup? None of them look super interesting.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Black Bolt and Nico. Gotta keep in mind they are discounted to 750 Crystals for one week on release.

Gotta get that smoking deal.

Maintenance just started yay! (noooooo)

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Game is currently undergoing maintenance. Haven't been this excited about a patch since I put a sweet Iron Maiden back patch on my denim jacket in 9th grade.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nico uniform is a no question. She's legit.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gibbering Madness posted:

Game is currently undergoing maintenance. Haven't been this excited about a patch since I put a sweet Iron Maiden back patch on my denim jacket in 9th grade.

Oh man and combined with a Misfits one on the right side of the backpack...

Oh god I just started crying. Bring me the patch mr gazmarble

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NightNurse posted awesome stuff to hype you more. I love this person as Community Manager. Hilarious:

quote:

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The Winter Holidays will soon be in full swing, and with the mince pies, the milk and other assorted beverages making their way into my already poor diet, it’s time to look at the patch in a little more detail than our official one. A few things first, Happy Holidays to all of you! Whatever you celebrate, celebrate it well and enjoy yourselves!

So where to start? You’ve already seen the screenshots of the new background (which is stunning) and probably all the stuff in the patch (at time of writing, the real patch notes haven’t been drawn up, so I have no idea what they say) is already spoiled by those other parties who like to drop coal on my doorstep without letting me know that I’m in for a busy day!

Also like to say that I’m not commenting on %’s, damages and exact skills because these can change between the time of writing and release,

So I’ll swing right on through to the new characters. More Spider-Man…..absolutely fantastic. Personally, I think this should herald the end of the Spider-Man contents, but who knows, there is so much more there that we could just turn this in to Spider-Man RPG and it would still have new characters added every month till the end of time. However, that said, and as much as I think Spider-Man is done to death, these characters are ACTUALLY amazingly different to the others. Think more SpOck than Spidoc, and you can get a sort of idea how these guys will be playing out.

Spider-Gwen.

The sweetheart of Marvel’s ANAD series, and after captivating the hearts and minds of comic book readers everywhere, it’s time that she captivates the hearts and minds of the players. She plays like a mix of Elsa Bloodstone with her mobility, and the stickiness of Spider-Man. There is definitely 2 skills that every Spider-Man MUST have, and that’s a web shot and a web swing. Spider-Gwen’s variation on these is actually refreshingly different from all that you’ve seen before. The most important thing is her damage. I think she is definitely around the top tier for speed type characters, with a half decent leadership skill and a tool kit that would make even Bob the Builder cry with glee, and she will be one of my focuses for the next few weeks.

Miles

Another seemingly Spider-Fan favorite, after just having an amazing fan-film made for him, he seems like a legitimately interesting character that I have yet to read too much about. He seems to have some form of invisibility from what I’ve seen, and honestly, as much Marvel as I live and breathe right now, I haven’t read much about him. He plays incredibly well, and definitely has a polished feel about him. He is quick to move around the enemies and uses what looks like Lightning (but isn’t elemental damage) to incapacitate foes in a large AoE. Honestly, as much as I played the character, I didn’t grow to love him the same way as the others. Maybe it’s because he wears black and red, maybe it’s because I just don’t like the way he leans on one hand and makes me look bad with his amazing one handed pushups, but I just couldn’t love him like the other spiders. He is FANTASTIC though, don’t get me wrong, and even if he is part of Venom Leadership bonuses (FINALLY more bonuses for Bae), I just can’t bring myself to play it (similar to how people wouldn’t play M.O.D.O.K. because his overly manly face put them off the character.)

Silk

Wow.

So onto the uniforms then..... I jest, but seriously, the character is as baller as a 3 year old who wins unlimited candy for a year. As kick rear end as a monkey with a machine gun. I mean, there is literally NOTHING bad I can say about the character. Her skills play out completely different to the other spiders, and I mean it 100% here. She has a Destructo-disk style attack, some screwball kick kick, a bit of Warwolf thrown in for good measure. Honestly, just try her out before you do anything else with the patch!

New characters in Alliance Battle
So I thought one of the best ways to test these new characters was to run them through battleworld. A note, I didn’t gear them up at all, and this is all based on just 6 star mastery and level 60. Your experience may differ.

Spidergwen: Meteor Day
So the first day I decided to try this was Meteor day, and I have to say that Spidergwen wasn’t particularly great in this aspect. Her skills are a bit similar to Spider-Man, in that they have a static wind up. She managed around 20,000 whilst I was half heartedly playing and got hit a few more times than I normally would. I was also playing without the comfort of a touch screen, so I think with a bit more careful monitoring, she could average over 30k alone.

Silk: Meteor Day
Good, REALLY good. Managed to get 28k without touching the d pad, and just pressing skills. Her mobility definitely helps out here, as she will zip around between different characters. Adding to that, her skills do INSANE AOE damage, and her 6 star skill was wiping waves of Combat types around 25.000 (I died due to meteors). She will be great to soak up that early damage if you need to. Her issue is her lack of Iframes however. She is usually out in the open, but will always proceed to deal MASSIVE damage, so it’s a bit of a tradeoff.

Miles: Meteor Day

HOLY SMOKES. This guy is slippier than bar of soap at a prison. It’s not just his Iframes, it’s the fact he moves like a badger with a beehive on his bum. He has a few skills where his final position will be completely different from his starting position, which helps A LOT with meteors. His damage too is nuts, and his AoE is somewhere in-between Spider-Gwen and Silk. A great character. Is he good enough to dethrone the king of AB? Maybe not, but he is crazy fun to play.

Unfortunately, by the time I came to do a non-meteor day, they closed down AB. I was sad panda that I couldn’t try them in Frost beast mode, but hell, I want to say that anything that could be good in AB that is not Loki Throot and Ronan is a plus in my books!

Uniforms

No big surprises, you saw most of them weeks ago. Ms. Marvels Uniform is pretty nice, as too is Sister Grimm’s which makes all her attacks deal burning damage, Gamora looking like a mix between Singularity and Robin Hood with knives. What you most likely didn’t see was a Spider-Man Uniform, A War Machine Uniform, A Captain America Uniform, and a Black Bolt Uniform. Happy Holidays everyone, pretty much everything you want with this patch!!!

I would go through all the details, but things like this have been known to change moments before everything goes live, so I don’t really want to talk about their effects. HOWEVER what I can comment on is the looks:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Uniform that everyone seems to idolize is here! Not in my taste, but I really do like the shield.

Spider-Man: I really think the mint green brings together the red and blue suit, he looks a bit like an icecream with an identity crisis, but I will be getting this one!

War Machine gets the Green Laser treatment and actually looks pretty nice. His face reminds me of Artanis from Starcraft, but maybe I have just been playing a bit too much Starcraft in my spare time!

Black Bolt took a leaf from a stealth bomber and decided to go black on black, and it actually looks nice. No negative comments about it, it’s definitely how I imagine a Dolce and Gabana designed Uniform would look.

Character Balance
Boy is there a lot here again, and unfortunately I didn’t receive the changes until a few days ago so I haven’t tried many of them. Here is a few that I’ll talk about :

Iron Fist: He got touched in ways that would require a teddy bear in court. Seriously, they seem like such small changes, but improve the character SO much it’s unreal. The dragon dealing damage as it swirls around him? Super minor but it all adds up. Tracking skills so that his wind up doesn’t cause him to miss? Super minor, HUGE improvement. Overall I think it’s some great little additions to the character, and I hope this drags him up a bit!

Hulk: No 6* skill (*Cries silently in a corner, holding his foam Hulk fists close to his chest, muttering Hulk Smash Repeatedly*) but the improvements definitely make him feel a lot better. He hits faster, harder and more powerfully than ever before! He’s starting to feel less like Wulk, and more like Sulk….wait, that doesn’t work. He feels less like Sulk, and more like Hulk-. Not quite Hulk+, not quite Hulk, but he gets a solid Hulk-. What I’m trying to say is the improvements are great, and I think if he gets a 6* skill in the future, with a bit more love, he will be a HUGE benefit to the game.

Star-Lord: The almighty hath touched on Star-Lord, he hath received the blessings of NetMODOK, he hath been made a man. Hopefully this improvement is a sign of things to come, he is greatly improved, and I may actually consider leveling him up now! Let’s see how this one plays out though J

Lastly, buffs going from fixed points to % buffs are MASSIVE. If you don’t appreciate this one, or don’t understand it, that’s fine. But going from a fixed figure to a % is like upgrading from baggage to Emirates First Class+++ where you get a private room on the plane, with fancy food all the time and unlimited freebies. It may actually make buff skills good! Can you believe that!?!

6* Skills
Let’s start with the skill that was on the cutting block. As the main patch notes mentioned, poor Captain Marvel’s 6 Star Skill was removed. In the preview videos, we saw Captain Marvel fly, this was a result of her 6 Star Skill, not the Uniform. So unfortunately this means that we will have to wait to see the girl levitate! Also, NO SUMMON SKILLS THIS TIME ROUND!

Groot and Rocket 6 star skills:
I’m putting these 2 together for a reason. Their skill is almost the same, except rockets skill is more defensive, and Groot’s skill is more offensive. I don’t want to ruin the animation for people, but man, when I saw it I squealed like a little girl at a One Direction concert. Versatility wise, I think they are both great 6 Star skills and are super good fun to use (damage may have changed since the test build version I played, so no quotes on damage for 6* skills).

Gamora
I’m not a Gamora fan in the slightest, so I’ll leave this one to Jocasta:
“Not bad, but not as flashy as I expected. Still looks awesome and means she can spam skills constantly.” (It's actually good, but I don't want to admit that infront of Jocasta because he's obsessed with her, and keeps badgering me to level her up, and this skill made me consider it, but shhhh)

Ant-Man
A fricking tank boys, a FRICKING TANK. Damage is pretty good, and I love the animations! So yeah, again I don’t wish to spoil things.

Other Improvements:

Hail Hydr------NETMARBLE they have dragged the daily check-in back into the modern game. Better rewards, more crystals and a 3-6* Hero chest to round off the month, drat this is going to be tasty. You now get 400 Crystals A MONTH from just playing the game! AMAZING! Plus there’s 250 energy, Level 5 Exp chips….man I think my brain melted from this one. This is one thing that actually caught me off guard until I opened the test build…..yay for free stuff!

New Level up System.
It’s not bad, I like that it now shows you stats and what you can do when a character levels up instead of just giving me that annoying orange dot the whole time. Everything has been made a little easier, including Leveling up skills, leveling up gear and improved screens when you draw characters that show you their Marvel Universe page. It’s something again that wasn’t needed, but is actually a super nice touch!

Dailies and Bonus Missions Combined
This one I was REALLY unsure about when I started playing the test build, mainly as it cost 20 energy a run, it has since been tweaked and makes the daily routine that little bit shorter. If the devs decide to continue running Unlimited runs on the weekends, this will DEFINITELY help us out on the old Norn stone front.

CHAT REWORK
Guys Guess what?
YOU CAN
TYPE REAL
MESSAGES AND
NOT HAVE TO PRE
SS ENTER EVERY COUPLE
OF CHAR
ACTERS!

The character limit has been increased, as has the whole chat system. Find a nice channel to make your home and you can keep connecting back to it. It will show your user name and the character that is your leader in your number 1 team slot. The game finally feels a bit more social than it did before, however I was mostly talking to myself, as the server is pretty empty by the time I get to play. http://c1.img.netmarble.kr/mobile/6N/2015/12/141821/151214_NNPN.png
I had a bit too much fun doing this!

I think it looks AMAZING and will hopefully lead to more people actually using chat when they’re idling. And alliance chat is now useful!

Alliance Levels
Alliance Levels have now increased! Level 30 gives 20% exp, plus up to 40 members in an alliance. Will this be the shakeup we need to create more competition at the top of Alliance Battle? Who knows.

Villain Siege
Let's Clear this up a little. Basically, you can now start where ever the hell you want when doing Villain Siege. If you want to start on Villain Siege 9, and then work back, knock yourself out! At least this will allow people to manage their heroes a bit easier!

Gears
So the gears thing is also causing a problem. Well to rest some fears, the gear system STAYS the same, except new characters (and characters you haven't leveled) will get their first 5 gear levels free. That means you save something like 4000 gold and a few gear up kits.

Welp, this was a bit longer than I thought it could be and I BARELY touched on some other things. I hope this is enough to whet the whistle whilst we wait for the patch! I can't really go into too much else, and it's not as funny as usual, mainly because I was a bit overwhelmed by everything and didn't know what to target!

My wallet is now crying at me, stupid thing. Who'd of thought that they get so upset about being emptied. I mean, if something could empty me then I'd greatly take it, think of the weight loss! Anyways! PEACE ALL!

ICR fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 14, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

NightNurse posted awesome stuff to hype you more. I love this person as Community Manager. Hilarious:

quote:

CHAT REWORK
Guys Guess what?
YOU CAN
TYPE REAL
MESSAGES AND
NOT HAVE TO PRE
SS ENTER EVERY COUPLE
OF CHAR
ACTERS!

Hyp
e

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
At least we have new character package deals to look forward too.

180 bios, some norn stones and maybe exp chips and gold.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I'm not great with 24-hour time notation, but is this really going to take all day? I want to turn on auto-play and level some poo poo up!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
8 hours. From the hour of this post 8 hours till update is done.

Also you will have to update your app from googleplay.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The update is apparently on the google play store, so you can get that done now.

Also the lightning and fire boosters don't increase the damage on Spidey and Nico's uniforms.

Drythe fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 14, 2015

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

ICR I think we found your kindred spirit.

And drat those patch notes. Bugs fixed? Features added? Stupid complexity removed? Enough free currency to buy stuff? lovely heroes buffed? What is this craziness?? I'm not used to competent developers on my marvel games. It makes me scared.

Edit: Seriously this addresses a lot of my problems with the way the game was setup. My only real complaint is for them to reveal how long a hero needs to cooldown to get best condition.

Dr.Magnificent fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 14, 2015

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Those are quite the patch notes for this here stupidly addictive supah tights game. Wanna burn a six star upgrade and mastery on Spider Gwen but I wanna see how her powers/synergies shake out first.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Dr.Magnificent posted:

My only real complaint is for them to reveal how long a hero needs to cooldown to get best condition.

Reddit users made a table for it a few months back google for it. On my phone so I can't link it.

tldr:
lower lv 1-10 gets best condition after and hour and gets a huge bonus to exp gains. If you are going to use exp chips lv 1 with best condition is the most efficient.

Higher lv lv40+ gets best condition after 48hrs it scales and the percentage of bonus exp becomes single digit. Pretty much aside from bonus gold the exp bonus is way to little to bother with.

Of you're levelling you can ignore best condition past lv39.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3vv7nx/exptolevelup_table_and_stage_exp_tables_what_you/

EzEight fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 14, 2015

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Is ICR NightNurse because holy drat

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Seriously I think I found my long lost brother. That's hosed up.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mr. Maggy posted:

Is ICR NightNurse because holy drat

NightNurse posted:

NetModok welcomes all children, no matter what your history may have been! As long as you have been baptised in the name of Netmodok, you are still our brother

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

now we know why ICR wanted everyone to play this game

hes a plant

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I would never do such a thing. I would never go by a 10 letter moniker that praises MODOK and has an achievement in the game referencing the sun.

Or call Marble Heroes after Netmarb..omg I think I may have ascended to a new form and became NightNurse.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

pictured: ICR, known plant

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Man that is adorable. Definitely a family member.

Kelp, I tried to get Pyronic and Lizardyman to download the game but Lizardymans said his phone was an iPhone 4 and he was scared. Pyronic is addicted to Star Wars game or something.

I need to step up my plant game clearly because they didn't fall for the trap.

It is important to drag my friends to this thriving metropolitan game for winners.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The guild size increase is nice too. This is a great patch I can't wait to see what the christmas sale brings :homebrew:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Where's Phyresis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Typing I'M AUTIS
TIC

in the game chat somewhere

• Locked thread