Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AweStriker posted:

The italics are "things I have". Also which Rising Sun, since there's one for VI (Locke's Mirage Dive) and one for VIII (Rinoa's AW: Quake).

soooo I'm not sure what the heck I'm trying for.

It's Rinoa's.

I'm personally undecided on this batch. Banner 5 is the most eye-catching personally, but I already have two of the featured relics (Morning Star and Lightning Steel). Banner 1 has the Cardinal, but I also already have two of the relics there so I might skip it. Banner 4 has the least amount of duplicates I risk drawing, but I'm not really that excited for most of them.

I might either go for Banner 5 or skip the whole lot, since there's a chance we might get some kind of special something for Christmas/New Year's. Or I could burn 50 Mythril on the Seph banner to try and get a spear or katana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pksage posted:

Beasteh posted:

RoR banners translated and banner 1 has cardinal, sky cutter and Thyrus :shepspends:
Welp, gonna blow 150 mythril on banner 1 to Thyrus-chase again. I will once again be disappointed.

:zoid: That's my joke! I'll kill you! :argh:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I got by with Cloud retaliating and Celeste with R3 Fira strike. I took Yuna's mega heal SB and while it took a bit I did kill him losing a medal on actions taken and two on damage taken. It's rough though you're gonna get rocked with at least one aoe before you put up shell and breakdowns

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

So... we're also getting the Dr. Mog's Beginner's Stash banner1. Thing is... the banner itself got eviscerated compared to the Japanese version (the free token reward 5*s haven't been discovered yet). They got Sentinel's Grimoire, Gungnir, Dragon Whisker, and All-Rounder. We get Healing Grimoire, Blood Lance, Ice Whip, and Official Ball. Those are basically universally worse.

1: It's a banner where you can only do a single pull and it has to be an 11 pull, just like Lucky Draw. It costs the normal full price (50 mythril/however many gems) and has the normal 12% chance to drop a 5* relic. In addition, you get a single token which you can give to Dr. Mog in the Beginner's Draw banner screen to choose a single 5* relic from a specific list (one relic per FF entry including RK, for the main character of that FF).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 14, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rujasu posted:

Fabled Harp [...] Only Edward can use it,

Eiko and Thancred, who can use it for Diagas and Ninja spells, respectively.

I think I'm gonna skip the Super Soul Breakfast this time around and save up for the FFT banners. On top of being a better game than all of the main FFs a game I really enjoy and would run characters from as often as possible, I don't really need two pieces of the Defensive Trinity yet and even if I did I'd rather whale out for Ingus's shield - assuming we ever get it - since Ingus is a good character on his own merits. Really, past that none of the SSBs catch my attention until Terror Baltimore's bullet hell deal, so it's not like I'm going to be especially put out or anything by waiting.

Plus I only have 41 mythril and only 11 elites left before I'm entirely caught up with Dungeon Updates. :shepicide:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 14, 2015

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

rujasu posted:

Even before they started doing this, the early game was pretty broken. Just find a high-level RW that does damage, use it on the boss, oh look, boss is dead in one hit.

Battles will get hard soon enough.

I followed everybody who had Irvine's 10-shot LB because it killed every boss before level 45 or something.

Also, the new interface owns bones.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurai posted:

So... we're also getting the Dr. Mog's Beginner's Stash banner1. Thing is... the banner itself got eviscerated compared to the Japanese version (the free token reward 5*s haven't been discovered yet). They got Sentinel's Grimoire, Gungnir, Dragon Whisker, and All-Rounder. We get Healing Grimoire, Blood Lance, Ice Whip, and Official Ball. Those are basically universally worse.

1: It's a banner where you can only do a single pull and it has to be an 11 pull, just like Lucky Draw. It costs the normal full price (50 mythril/however many gems) and has the normal 12% chance to drop a 5* relic. In addition, you get a single token which you can give to Dr. Mog in the Beginner's Draw banner screen to choose a single 5* relic from a specific list (one relic per FF entry including RK, for the main character of that FF).

Official Ball is pretty good but yeah the rest are not great.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Eiko and Thancred, who can use it for Diagas and Ninja spells, respectively.

Diaga is based off Mind, not Magic. She can use it for offensive summons, however.

I don't know if I'd go for the Anniversary banner, it'd be a guaranteed relic like the Royal Sword, but I don't know if any of them are enough to justify 50 Mythril and the fairly weak banner.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

ApplesandOranges posted:

Diaga is based off Mind, not Magic. She can use it for offensive summons, however.

I don't know if I'd go for the Anniversary banner, it'd be a guaranteed relic like the Royal Sword, but I don't know if any of them are enough to justify 50 Mythril and the fairly weak banner.

According to some of the lists on reddit, in JP at least you could pick Terra's Enhancer....

Er wait, I mean on the Dr. Mog banner, is that what you're talking about or something else?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Japanese version of it had Y'shtola's Healer Robe as one of the pickable relics.

If that's still the case on global I'm going to pull. I need the AOE heal

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I'm just gonna leave this here.

EDIT: Actually, for the benefit of our brethren at work who can't check gaming websites right now:

quote:

Holiday Season Treats
Tyro’s Soul Break weapon “Stormlance Grimoire” exclusive to the global version arrives on 12/16! In addition, 4★ Samurai ability “Darkmoon” and the 5★ accessory “Crystal Orb” debut ahead of the Japanese version. They will be given as login bonuses from 12/16 to celebrate the Gigantic Update.

The very first global version exclusive event “Festive Fantasy” will be open during the holiday season. Veterans and new players alike can earn tons of orbs, EXP and gil, to strengthen their party! Open from 12/16 to 1/1.

That’s not all! Holiday season decorations and presents to help you celebrate FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper style!
From 12/15, the title screen changes for the holiday season! Also, the Home screen features original music to get you into a festive mood. Each player will receive a holiday season exclusive 5★ item! It’s been made especially for this occasion and will be delivered on 12/25.

Here are the dates and details of the orbfest:

Zurai fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 14, 2015

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Assuming we get the same choices as JP it is a pretty worthwhile investment, I think. None of the relics are super great, but stuff like Healer's Robe and Runeblade are pretty good if you need an AOE Heal. Also it gives you the chance to grab a 5* for whichever realm you need it the most. I will happily spend 50 mithril for the Runeblade and anything I get off the crummy banner is just a plus.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Zurai posted:

EDIT: Actually, for the benefit of our brethren at work who can't check gaming websites right now:

Ok this poo poo is all amazing and I love it. Getting poo poo before JP is amazing and I love it.

e: quote is not edit, blah.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 14, 2015

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Where is my record materia favortizer that people were talking about???

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

WHOA. Global-exclusive Orbfest.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Full Break is worth taking to rank 2, correct?

Now returning to the regularly scheduled current updates:

:gizz:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

rujasu posted:

WHOA. Global-exclusive Orbfest.

Not just that, but a Global-exclusive Tyro weapon. Plus we're getting abilities ahead of the JP version now.

DeNA is REALLY stepping it up.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Where is my record materia favortizer that people were talking about???

It came out a couple of months after the new UI in Japan. It may take a little more time to trickle down to us. In the meantime, at least we can see more than 4 RMs at a time now.

Seravadon posted:

Full Break is worth taking to rank 2, correct?

It's worth taking to r3, yes. I don't know that I'd go past r3 for it, though, 5* abilities get loving decadently expensive at that point.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Is that Global-exclusive Tyro relic a login bonus? Am I reading that right?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm guessing the Tyro weapon will have an AOE lightning Soul Break

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Beasteh posted:

drat everything is streamlined as hell.

Triggered by the red notification for uncompleted quests on the main screen.

Accept quest then abandon it. The red marker shows new quests only.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurai posted:

gently caress me I still haven't caught up from the last orbfest (12 elites left to go :( )

At least I can level literally everyone that I haven't yet I guess.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm guessing the Tyro weapon will have an AOE lightning Soul Break

The description suggests they copypasted Josef's relic's unique Soul Break. Which has nothing to do with storms or lances.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AweStriker posted:

The description suggests they copypasted Josef's relic's unique Soul Break. Which has nothing to do with storms or lances.

Uh what are you talking about.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh god, going to have to manage Orbfest, Sephiroth, Faris/Krile, and holidays at the same time. :stonk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Great White Hope posted:

Oh god, going to have to manage Orbfest, Sephiroth, Faris/Krile, and holidays at the same time. :stonk:

Sephiroth comes out today so the bonus battles should come out Thursday, giving you plenty of time to finish him before orbfest starts.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Sephiroth comes out today so the bonus battles should come out Thursday, giving you plenty of time to finish him before orbfest starts.

Orbfest starts on Wednesday, though (the 12/19 up there is for phase 2).

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

The most shameful thing I ever imagined could happen is about to happen: Me doing an event on a Tuesdaily.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Great White Hope posted:

Any family is a burden on your gameplay. :v:

People better get their normal and elite dungeons done now so you can devote your stamina to Orbfest and Events!

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Dates for the upcoming events:

Sephiroth starts today.
Orbfest starts on the 16th (5 phases each at 3 days).
VoM starts on the 21st.
Faris/Krile on the 26th.
DU16 should be happening in a few days too.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 14, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurai posted:

Orbfest starts on Wednesday, though (the 12/19 up there is for phase 2).

poo poo

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
All of this info (event dates, etc.) is now up in FFRK Quick Info if you forget and need a reference.

Klungar posted:

:zoid: That's my joke! I'll kill you! :argh:

It's OK, we can both fail at Thyrus together! :zoid: woop-woop-woop-woop

Zurai posted:

So... we're also getting the Dr. Mog's Beginner's Stash banner. Thing is... the banner itself got eviscerated compared to the Japanese version (the free token reward 5*s haven't been discovered yet). They got Sentinel's Grimoire, Gungnir, Dragon Whisker, and All-Rounder. We get Healing Grimoire, Blood Lance, Ice Whip, and Official Ball. Those are basically universally worse.

I'll probably still draw on it just for the guaranteed Healer's Robe. If it sticks around as long as the Japanese one (which is, like...a year?), you can just dump your 50 into it during a lull in event banners.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dr Pepper posted:

Uh what are you talking about.

Apparently Reddit dataminers grabbed text for the Stormlance with the Giant Fist's SB on it. I'm honestly betting placeholder or data mining error.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Oh my god, another Orbfest already?! I'll get so many chars to 65, this is great.

KnoxZone posted:

Character balance changes have arrived. Terra got her much needed buff (lol), Fran can now Full Break, and Balthier got the buffs that make him top tier in JP.

TERROR BALTIMORE!!!

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 14, 2015

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Man am I torn on those RoR banners.

I've been dying for a Butterfly Sword for Zidane since the IX event I blew way too much mythril on didn't even give me a single 5*, getting Cypress Pile or Golem's Flute would be pretty alright too so banner 3 looks really attractive.

On the other hand banner 4 has that Lullaby Rod on it and goddamn would I love to have that for Yuna.

So the dilemma is: do I draw on the IX stuff when I can grab a free Butterfly Sword later from the beginner pull or do I pull for the small chance of that Lullaby Rod.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man am I torn on those RoR banners.

I've been dying for a Butterfly Sword for Zidane since the IX event I blew way too much mythril on didn't even give me a single 5*, getting Cypress Pile or Golem's Flute would be pretty alright too so banner 3 looks really attractive.

On the other hand banner 4 has that Lullaby Rod on it and goddamn would I love to have that for Yuna.

So the dilemma is: do I draw on the IX stuff when I can grab a free Butterfly Sword later from the beginner pull or do I pull for the small chance of that Lullaby Rod.

Do you have something else you want from the beginner pull other than the Butterfly Sword? If so, you can try and do banner 3, and if you get the sword, go for something else, like the Y'shtola's Robe. If you fail, you can grab the sword anyway.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I thought I was doing well.

Now that I counted it up with the new UI, I have 247 dungeons to go before I'm caught up :gonk:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The Magistral Rod would be a decent free pull if I can't get my hands on a Lullaby Rod since basically anything is better than Yuna's default SB. So I suppose the smart idea would be to pull for that Lullaby Rod and hope for the best.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Holy poo poo, FFRK overload! :supaburn:

So the Vale of Memory banners are translated? And we're going to have an orbfest overlapping with multiple events? With brand new global prizes? and all sorts of banners I need to decide on? and the new interface I need to get used to? Oh god I need time to process all this! I need... I need to sit down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If the beginner's banner really does stick around for a long time I feel much better about my mythril stash. This is going to be one hell of a holiday season.

• Locked thread