Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

It might just be a vanilla game bug. Sometimes when I go to make Vegetable Starch I can't tab out and have to reload the game.

I have had this happen quite a lot. Usually from hitting too many keys to try and back out of other menus. It seems to confuse the game.

I don't count it as crashing as it only occurs when I mash the keyboard like an oaf. Definitely user error for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ddraig posted:

gently caress yes

Can't wait for FO4's version of Robco Certified. This is nice in the meantime.

This is what I wanted from robotics expert and it's loving baffling you can't intimidate/hack things in the wild to get them to be guards for settlement or caravan movers. Bethesda's oversight is the mother of mods though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Crabtree posted:

This is what I wanted from robotics expert and it's loving baffling you can't intimidate/hack things in the wild to get them to be guards for settlement or caravan movers. Bethesda's oversight is the mother of mods though.
Yup. Same for me with the Vertibirds being so underutilised. I imagine a mod will come out where you can control the Vertibirds speed and altitude when doorgunning, and a button to force it into a target orbit pattern so you can lay the pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdnT4z1Ugc

Oh, and accuracy.

There has been a few awesome moments where myself and some BoS knights were being supported by a doorgunner above, I'd like to see more of that!

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Falken posted:

Yup. Same for me with the Vertibirds being so underutilised. I imagine a mod will come out where you can control the Vertibirds speed and altitude when doorgunning, and a button to force it into a target orbit pattern so you can lay the pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdnT4z1Ugc

Oh, and accuracy.

There has been a few awesome moments where myself and some BoS knights were being supported by a doorgunner above, I'd like to see more of that!

One of my favourite moments was when I went to get that guy off the top of the tower, a team of brotherhood knights was passing by and me and them ended up storming the tower together, including two vertibirds for fire support. Was really really cool.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Do any of the level scaling mods just reset the zonal levels across the map? It's getting pretty boring to do radiant quests in the boston area only to face 8xp yielding super mutants.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Do any of the level scaling mods just reset the zonal levels across the map? It's getting pretty boring to do radiant quests in the boston area only to face 8xp yielding super mutants.

adjusted encounter zones (very pro-install)

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Hey, Amstrad!

Any of these of any use to you?

...I spent more time than I'd like to admit on this.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Huge update for OCDecorator just hit, adding over 500 items and the ability to refund what you've put down. Again I'm at work so I can't try it, but I can't wait!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah songbearer, In my pics you can see it in use.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Does HTML work in weapon module descriptions? I'm thinking of coloring bonuses blue and maluses red.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone had any issues getting the full dialogue UI mod (this one) working? This is my first time playing around with FO mods, and I only installed that one and the one that gives more specific numbers for crafting bonuses; the latter works, but not the former. It seems like the creator is a little unclear himself on what needs to be modified in order for it to work, but none of it was successful for me.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Glad I read through the thread- really excited to use the robot guards mod, convenience stores, and a few others :)

Any idea of there are mods out there that:

-add some items like bunk beds, vaguely un-destroyed kitchen appliances and maybe even bathroom fixtures?

-additional wood/steel walls that have windows/window-holes?

-Ability to add livestock to a settlement?

-have any of the rubble remover/area cleanup mods been developed that don't mess with power armor/chests in the zone?

Basically if I could get those, a handful of ported weapon models from 3/NV (they've made the gauss rifle look like it weighs 50 lbs.) I think I'd be pretty happy.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Glad I read through the thread- really excited to use the robot guards mod, convenience stores, and a few others :)

-add some items like bunk beds, vaguely un-destroyed kitchen appliances and maybe even bathroom fixtures?

-have any of the rubble remover/area cleanup mods been developed that don't mess with power armor/chests in the zone?

Basically if I could get those, a handful of ported weapon models from 3/NV (they've made the gauss rifle look like it weighs 50 lbs.) I think I'd be pretty happy.

The main rubble remover mod HAS a mode where it doesn't mess with the power armor (supposedly, have not tested it), however, when in this mode it can possibly ruin your FPS.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

- Yes , get SSex from the nexus, it adds bunk beds and other such items. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1145/

- Again SSex adds new walls, not sure about windows however

- As far as I know its just the brahmin at the moment and they more or less appear at random.

- No, so far any rubble cleanup mod causes that issue

-

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Kea posted:

- Yes , get SSex from the nexus, it adds bunk beds and other such items. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1145/

- Again SSex adds new walls, not sure about windows however

- As far as I know its just the brahmin at the moment and they more or less appear at random.

- No, so far any rubble cleanup mod causes that issue

-

I think the bunk-beds from SSex only LOOK like bunk beds, they still count as just 1 bed.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Skandranon posted:

I think the bunk-beds from SSex only LOOK like bunk beds, they still count as just 1 bed.

Last I checked they had fixed that.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
The bunkbeds from Homemaker definitely count as two for the purpose of settlement stats. I suspect that there's no animations for using the top bunk, though.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

The bunkbeds from Homemaker definitely count as two for the purpose of settlement stats. I suspect that there's no animations for using the top bunk, though.

I can live with no animation I guess- I'm just glad to have something that'll help me manage squeezing ~15-20 beds into some of the tighter settlement locations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

I can live with no animation I guess- I'm just glad to have something that'll help me manage squeezing ~15-20 beds into some of the tighter settlement locations.

The usual trick is to put sleeping bags under your regular beds.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Actually, I've found a better solution. If you continue to build up, you eventually hit a ceiling. There is a point where you can still build things near this ceiling, but the settlers won't recognize stuff there. If you put beds up at this height, they will count towards your total, but they will never go to sleep in them and instead stay awake forever. I don't know if this leads to them actually working more, but at least they are on alert for when attacks come in. I was very pleased to stand by and watch my minigun equipped Hangmans Alley wipe out an enemy attack without any help from me at all.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ultimate efficiency is to stack bunk beds with layers of sleeping bags.

If those fuckers want a bed badly enough they'll be willing to defy gravity to achieve it.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Actually, another mod that would be interesting is something that let you send your companions to some non-settlement locations. Like I feel bad that I never send Piper back to her home or Nick to the detective agency. They have lives of their own!!

Maybe I missed the option to send people to Home Plate but even then that's not quite perfect.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Actually, another mod that would be interesting is something that let you send your companions to some non-settlement locations. Like I feel bad that I never send Piper back to her home or Nick to the detective agency. They have lives of their own!!

Maybe I missed the option to send people to Home Plate but even then that's not quite perfect.

I think if you just back out of the conversation then, they go back to where you found them.

I just killed everyone at Covenant and I send all my companions there. It's the perfect spot as it has a bunch of beds/turrets that won't be scrapped by "scrapall". Makes it even creepier since there's this town and a bunch of powered armor dudes endlessly patrolling.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What I really want is a mod that allows me to create a uniform and then just build that in bulk. Like letting me take Armor Crafter and whichever mod that lets me make clothes, making a full set of sturdy polymer combat armor with the arms black and the rest teal with a big gold star on the chest on top of a BOS Officer outfit, and giving it to my guards.

Or at least a place they can outfit themselves from.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Skandranon posted:

I think if you just back out of the conversation then, they go back to where you found them.

I just killed everyone at Covenant and I send all my companions there. It's the perfect spot as it has a bunch of beds/turrets that won't be scrapped by "scrapall". Makes it even creepier since there's this town and a bunch of powered armor dudes endlessly patrolling.

Right but if you have them tag along and then change companions, you can only send them to a settlement, right? I mean I'm not 100% sure since there are so many little hidden rules and controls in this game.

And while I'm thinking of it- a clearer way to travel alone and still use fast travel. I'll tell someone to wait at the Red Rocket, fast travel someplace I want to explore, and find they've tagged along behind me.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

What I really want is a mod that allows me to create a uniform and then just build that in bulk. Like letting me take Armor Crafter and whichever mod that lets me make clothes, making a full set of sturdy polymer combat armor with the arms black and the rest teal with a big gold star on the chest on top of a BOS Officer outfit, and giving it to my guards.

Or at least a place they can outfit themselves from.

Sounds doable. Many modders have made custom stand alone clothes. You could make a custom set of armor, with a custom texture. But for automation, that's not possible. I use a set of batch files to equip my settlers, saves me a lot of time from looting and upgrading and giving a gently caress. So now I just type "bat guard" after making a text file and depositing it in my FO directory. This gives my "guard" a full set of combat armor (random light/sturdy/heavy unfortunately) and a random assault rifle with road leathers and some ammo. If I open up the trade dialog first the game will mostly do what I want it to.

If you made a custom set of armor, you can find out what the refIDs are and include that in your batch file.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

gromdul posted:

Sounds doable. Many modders have made custom stand alone clothes. You could make a custom set of armor, with a custom texture. But for automation, that's not possible. I use a set of batch files to equip my settlers, saves me a lot of time from looting and upgrading and giving a gently caress. So now I just type "bat guard" after making a text file and depositing it in my FO directory. This gives my "guard" a full set of combat armor (random light/sturdy/heavy unfortunately) and a random assault rifle with road leathers and some ammo. If I open up the trade dialog first the game will mostly do what I want it to.

........gently caress. I've wasted so much time.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Alternate Settlements adds in brick and concrete walls with window options, as well as a a "not poo poo" doorway.

Also carpets!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gromdul posted:

If you made a custom set of armor, you can find out what the refIDs are and include that in your batch file.

Huh, didn't know you could do this, cool. Does this only work with armour pieces, or could I make some Legendary Clothing (I have a mod for that) and find out that thing's ID too?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

gromdul posted:

This is my character, Humungus, sitting in his favorite chair in his glass enclosed balcony

I just wanted to show that off.

This is what my guards look like right now at my home.

Yes that is a brahmin clipping through the goddamned floor. The rear end in a top hat.
Anyway I can make that armor set a bat file?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Amstrad posted:

This is great, do you mind uploading it to the user images on the mod page?

Also, just spent too much time doing this:

Did you give them their own sub menu? Id hate to have to scroll through all those colors to get to the next tier.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

preliminary list of rebalanced weapon module traits, currently baliistic weapons only (energy weapons will have different modifiers)
hopefully i didn't allow something to go below -100% sighted spread or something when I'm done actually implementing it

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

in the ini editor, there's a checkbox for infinite workshop items. Does that mean there's no limit on the number of items you can build in a settlement, or something else? I just tried it and loaded up a save of mine and it seems like I'm still capped for building more things at The Castle...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Is there a mod that adds another Water Resource item for settlements a tier above the pump that maybe just requires power or something and not need water? Some kind of condensation machine or rain catcher or well. Spamming pumps is ridiculous and it's weird just having super pumps.

Probably not until we can really gently caress with models and add in custom ones though.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

Is there a mod that adds another Water Resource item for settlements a tier above the pump that maybe just requires power or something and not need water? Some kind of condensation machine or rain catcher or well. Spamming pumps is ridiculous and it's weird just having super pumps.

Probably not until we can really gently caress with models and add in custom ones though.

Usually I just build a ton of purifiers in one place and connect them via trade route things.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I thought stuff like water and food didn't pass through trade routes? Oh man oh gently caress, I've been wasting so much time and concrete

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

I thought stuff like water and food didn't pass through trade routes? Oh man oh gently caress, I've been wasting so much time and concrete

Yes food and water pass through supply routes.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

It apparently does- although I didn't realize it until +100 hours into the game because one of the loading screen tips mentioned it.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a payoff to going balls-out on the settlement building stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
When linked with a provisioner, settlements will share food and water. This is the only way to make a few settlements viable, due to lack of dirt.

• Locked thread