Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AnacondaHL posted:

Given the poo poo sandwich ANet is more than happy to serve WvW players, I will take this table scraps with glee. At least we can counter Coalescence of Ruin now: Have your frontline actually leap/rush, or even use frontline Necro minions to absorb the closer range/soft hits and protect the backline.
Oh yeah I forgot about WvW. CoR spam in WvW must be brutal.

Magres posted:

Speaking of Mesmers, how do you kill Chronos? I've never come even close without it being 2v1 or 3v1
Pretty much how you kill any other bunkers. Heavy cc/condi pressure. Just don't spam skills while they have shield block or blur up.

Stalins Moustache posted:

I see. What's a good class for wanting to play ranked, then? I really enjoy playing a warrior, didn't quite "get" Guardian and never tried Revenant. Any other classes I could try to learn how to play? Currently playing a RAnger.
Warrior is absolute trash atm and I wouldn't take it to ranked regardless of how good you are (your team will be angry at you). If you're just starting out then try using Guardian or Necro.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm so glad after all this silence from Anet we are getting four (4) skill balance adjustments.
Yeah, Warrior is still poo poo tier. Thanks ANet.

e: Forgot to mention Radiant Revival nerf. Herald will no longer place Infuse Light (convert incoming damage to heal) on downed allies.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm so glad after all this silence from Anet we are getting four (4) skill balance adjustments.

:negative:

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Reminder that thieves were supposed to get a 10% boost to the healing from withdraw months ago but that never happened and will apparently never happen even though it would be a simple matter of hotfixing a coefficient

:negative: :negative: :negative:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think Imma going to go human hunter because one of the reasons I quit wow was that it was deeply uncool to be beastmaster, also because I'm too much of a wuss to dive into any of the magical classes right away. It will end up being OP next major patch and then nerfed into oblivion the moment I max level and get any good kit, I guarantee it.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

...AND impairing daggers still don't combo finish like their tooltip says, scorpion wire did not get the same pull fix that magnet did, consume plasma doesn't give quickness or resistance even though they're both boons now, pulmonary impact doesn't work on downed enemies, daredevils respawn with only 100 endurance, signet of agility only restores 100 endurance instead of all of it, and even though they've supposedly been working on a rework for several months pistols are still a cruel joke without a punchline!

But at least they got that radiant revival locked down!

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 14, 2015

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I read the comments because I'm dumb and I like how there is someone in there screaming for a Warrior nerf because apparently we're pretty amazing?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

At this point I'm wondering if they just quietly fired all of the dudes who had been talkative about class balance and design during the 3 months leading up to launch and that's why there appears to have been basically nothing changed between launch and now :iiam:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mercurius posted:

At this point I'm wondering if they just quietly fired all of the dudes who had been talkative about class balance and design during the 3 months leading up to launch and that's why there appears to have been basically nothing changed between launch and now :iiam:

There's been basically no communication on anything except for legendaries, and who the gently caress cares about those when there are far more important issues. Anet has never been good at communicating with their players but this is a whole new low. I've gotten more from Cletus and Xushin.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Cutedge posted:

I read the comments because I'm dumb and I like how there is someone in there screaming for a Warrior nerf because apparently we're pretty amazing?
Probably got killed by Head Butt, Berserk (+ Taunt), Hundred Blades, Arc Divider and Whirlwind Attack combo :v:

E: As for above attack chain, you just need to stun break and evade in case you ever get hit by Head Butt.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 14, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I for one am glad they will nerf the one thing about revenants that was widely considered too crappy and weak to even bother with.

.......also I am literally the only person in the entire game who uses Mallyx. Thanks Anet.

edit: oh wait I read the actual thing not directly from a goon now. Is this going to actually fix that thing where Dreggon instantly murders everyone with revenant? lol

Lonk fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 14, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Lonk posted:

I for one am glad they will nerf the one thing about revenants that was widely considered too crappy and weak to even bother with.

.......also I am literally the only person in the entire game who uses Mallyx. Thanks Anet.

edit: oh wait I read the actual thing not directly from a goon now. Is this going to actually fix that thing where Dreggon instantly murders everyone with revenant? lol

If you kept turning embrace the darkness on and off you could pretty much indefinitely keep resistance up, so I get the icd.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Yeah currently you can get Resistance up for so long with Mallyx skills, and Mallyx Revs just switch to Shiro and Sword/Shield for direct damage dealing/tanking. That is why despite having no extra Toughness or hp Mallyx Revs are absolute pain to kill. Survivability and sustainability of Mallyx build made it a major meta for couple of weeks now. That's why you'd see 'pro teams' running 2 Mallyx.

e: Don't think it will change team composition though. Mallyx build will still be strong, just not near-immune to condition pressure. And Herald revive change means that Revs don't need to fear getting downed while trying to rez. Hell, they can just pretend to rez, get the buff and run while absorbing all the damage into heal for 2 seconds :v:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 14, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Well I can say that when "playing as actually intended", mallyx kinda sucks and resistance sounds far more useful than it actually is (in PvE or WvW)

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Unless they give something like a minor trait for the corruption tree changing how effective confusion and torment are in pve then I don't thing Mallyx will ever be useful in pve. As it stands the vast majority of enemies don't move enough or attack frequently.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is anet ignorant of how terrible bunker meta is or so set in their ways they just don't care?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I gave Bird the newest legendary, the Double Ham Cannon.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Hey is Anet going out of business yet

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Mallyx is useful in PvE, if your group already has a Chronomancer or two and you're getting lots of quickness then Shiro is kind of wasted, so the 10% stats from Embrace the Darkness is worth it. Especially since it's only 7 upkeep and you can keep running Facet of Nature. Plus you get a boon strip ability in Mallyx. You don't have to slot Corruption and condi gear to use Mallyx stance.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Is anet ignorant of how terrible bunker meta is or so set in their ways they just don't care?

They nerfed the last heavy bunker meta when the game released, seems they didn't really learn much from it however since it's just as bad as the release days of a single guardian holding up a team forever.

As someone who pvps on tempest, it's rather pointless to fight other tempest, I can literally sit down 1vs1 and our passive defenses will keep us topped off at 100% before I need to use one of my 4 heal skills.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 15, 2015

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
What is the top dps in the current meta for PVE? I have all classes at 80 and have been trying out all the new specializations, but not sure which to play at the moment.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Vendictus Prime posted:

What is the top dps in the current meta for PVE? I have all classes at 80 and have been trying out all the new specializations, but not sure which to play at the moment.

All of the classes do really good DPS for dungeons/fractals/overwold PvE. Raids are probably the only thing that comes close to favoring one class over another, but that's only because some classes (engi) do really good condi damage and other classes (druid, tempest) can heal well. The other classes can all fill a DPS role and multiple classes can tank. Whether or not you like the class mechanic/aesthetic is more important than whatever ~balance~ does or does not exist in PvE at the moment.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

nah its just some revenant nerfs

the first one doesnt matter, the second is annoying but will make said revenants tankier (because they will use a different trait) and the third one is a pain in the rear end that ruins my ability to farm LUCKY ME

Vendictus Prime posted:

ele

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vendictus Prime posted:

Short answer is everything but thief.

Long answer is tempest for anything with a big hitbox, herald berserkers for damage and might and condi berserkers are strong, chronomancers make the best tanks and you need chronomancers in raids for alacrity and time warps, dragon hunters do good damage but I don't see them often in raids, condi engi are highly desired in raids for their damage and more importantly slick shoes just melting any defiance bar better then any other class because they drop 6+ pulsing 2 second knockdowns on top of a boss, slick shoes are so good I wouldn't be surprised at a nerf.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009

Anet dev on reddit posted:

Now, since we're all here, this is a great time to talk about our naming policy and the recent changes in how support enforces it.

In the past; our team was very strict about what we'd allow. As an example we'd censored Girthquake Clamhammer. I love that name; personally. Funny as hell.
Poopy Cat Butt? Censored - too filthy. I Eat Farts? Eww, no.

Now? We'll allow those. Did I mention funny as hell?

As my boss put it once -

"If dude wants to be known as cat poop that's his problem; not mine".

And that's our philosophy now. This change has been evolving over the past few months as we get feedback on what the community does/doesn't want to see in game. Essentially; if your name doesn't express hate and doesn't violate our game-rating we're probably gonna let it live on. This includes deity names. Going forward you're probably going to see Jesus Christ, God, and Allah running around Tyria.

:getin:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is the final story instance fixed yet? I've heard it has a lot of problem still

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon. Now you are free.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Thanks for the input. Is metabattle.com the best place for the most up to date builds?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rap Music/dis wiz raps, it is time for Juicy Dump and Butt Burp to live again.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I want to make cool poo poo, but I have absolutely no idea how to make money in this game.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Tivac, can you give me back Ifyouseekay and Die Cishet Scum now, tia

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Mercurius posted:

Rap Music/dis wiz raps, it is time for Juicy Dump and Butt Burp to live again.

excuse me you're forgetting COSMIC FART EMPEROR

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Vendictus Prime posted:

Thanks for the input. Is metabattle.com the best place for the most up to date builds?

As far as I know, yes.

xthnru posted:

Tivac, can you give me back Ifyouseekay and Die Cishet Scum now, tia

The first one is arguably still against the naming policy (violating the game rating) and the second one is definitely still against the naming policy (expressing hate).

ExHumus fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 15, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Short answer is everything but thief.

Long answer is tempest for anything with a big hitbox, herald berserkers for damage and might and condi berserkers are strong, chronomancers make the best tanks and you need chronomancers in raids for alacrity and time warps, dragon hunters do good damage but I don't see them often in raids, condi engi are highly desired in raids for their damage and more importantly slick shoes just melting any defiance bar better then any other class because they drop 6+ pulsing 2 second knockdowns on top of a boss, slick shoes are so good I wouldn't be surprised at a nerf.

Thieves are actually still very good damage dealers, its just that they bring zero buffs to the team. If your raid already has enough buffs, thieves are a good choice for pure damage.

Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dreggon. Now you are free.

i am going to write a thing to support asking for the return of Mistcarriage and Pc Master Racist

and of course

Fartass Mcbutt

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 15, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I went from trying tempest to berserk and it just feels like a lot of the stuff I got for free on tempest, like swiftness/protection/stunbreak automatically when starting overload, the berserk mode has to be traited for that sort of thing like automatic stunbreak, and most of the traits aren't quite as impressive because they are mostly stuff I assumed would be default on the class and are competing with eachother.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The only thing that scares me from a Thief is Finishing Blow. that poo poo is just unnecessary.

Aug 24, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Finishing Blow

:mrgw:

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Bunker guardians seem to be winning all the sPvP matches I currently am in. I kinda want to roll as one now :v:
And I just realized that back in June that I had no idea what I was doing in WvW, and after having tried it out again just now, I've still absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I join, I run around on the big map and completely at loss for what to do, find some fellow players who won't answer my questions and then I just end up leaving. What's even the point in WvW? What do I actually do in WvW maps?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Do you even have enough character slots for all your horrible hilarious names?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Stalins Moustache posted:

Bunker guardians seem to be winning all the sPvP matches I currently am in. I kinda want to roll as one now :v:
And I just realized that back in June that I had no idea what I was doing in WvW, and after having tried it out again just now, I've still absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I join, I run around on the big map and completely at loss for what to do, find some fellow players who won't answer my questions and then I just end up leaving. What's even the point in WvW? What do I actually do in WvW maps?

Kill people, take objectives. I dunno if you're on mag but if you see SFD roaming around just follow us around for a bit.

WvW is in a really bad spot atm, there's only one decent map Eternal Battlegrounds don't bother going to the others.

• Locked thread