Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there any chance of Christmas sales or anything. I've got like 10k MC because I dumbly bought a founder's pack way back when and while I'd like to shore up my mechs a bit without committing fully to the slow grind I'd also kinda like to not pay the current MC prices for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Prawned has always been prawned, and those of us who have to play videogames with him really hope he dies soon.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
i'm hoping for a mc and hero sale similar to the last one so i can buy the IV-Four and whatever else with $15

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is there any chance of Christmas sales or anything. I've got like 10k MC because I dumbly bought a founder's pack way back when and while I'd like to shore up my mechs a bit without committing fully to the slow grind I'd also kinda like to not pay the current MC prices for them.

There will be sales and events for the holidays.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

I am mildly disappointed that whoever did the preview didn't spin the PGI logo in a 360 degree circle a couple of times.

I want you to restart your lets play battletech to a few years before the amaris civil war, mackies stomping around all over the place. Please.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

tl;dr: if you're new, run lights.

Yeah this is good advice. If you get into some poo poo, chances are you can run away in a light. Anything heavier and you just die and learn nothing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Stormcrow gets to 98km/h so it's not too far off Light speeds.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
I am potentially intrigued by 4 vs 4. We've got a semi-regular Thursday night robutt shooting slosh-op here in Oceania, and if it will take us out of the group queue it would probably be a whole bunch more satisfying (and quicker to get a drat match!) . Are there any details of how it would actually work?

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

A.o.D. posted:

I think I'm done playing MWO until the next event, or the next wave of aimbot bans comes down. We dropped like 3 or 4 consecutive times against SJR and they weren't even subtle about their cheating.

PGI needs to get this poo poo under control. There's no point even trying to play this game when this crap goes down on the regular.

They can't detect aimbot. Helios is undetectable. There won't be any wave of aimbot bans, unless people actually admit to it and get caught that way.

For what it's worth, SJR aren't even the worst offenders. BMMU is getting pretty notorious for it.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

A.o.D. posted:

I think I'm done playing MWO until the next event, or the next wave of aimbot bans comes down. We dropped like 3 or 4 consecutive times against SJR and they weren't even subtle about their cheating.

PGI needs to get this poo poo under control. There's no point even trying to play this game when this crap goes down on the regular.

mmm...ha ha ha. good luck with that.

every thread i made on the steam forums warning people about helios was deleted. hmmmmm

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

http://mwomercs.com/news/2015/12/1436-patch-notes-1447-15dec2015

Patch Notes posted:

BattleZone

• Eight enemy 'Mechs now spawn randomly in the west end of the city, across the bay from the citadel.
• These 'Mechs will fire at the player when the range closes to below 600m.
• 'Mechs will continue to fire at the player until one or the other is destroyed.
• Destroyed 'Mechs re-spawn after about 30 seconds if the player isn't looking at them.
• Pop-up notices will appear when you are entering and exiting the BattleZone area.

Okay PGI, you're almost there. Now figure out how to make the legs move, and add some mission objectives and payouts for completion. Do this and I will give you more money.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Extremely pleased about the Thunderbolt mastery bundle, I was pining for that the other night.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I decided to play a game to see how it would go... well I would be very happy to drop with goons because the match was poo poo. On my team one of our lances just sat in the back while 2-3 lights Leroy Jenkins into their whole team and died. I tried to harass them with my dual LL & MG Cicada, I killed their raven and centurion before I got swarmed by two firestarters and and a nearly dead executioner and died. I got the only two kills on our team, I could have got one more on the executioner, but I lost my LL & MG before then so lost a ton of DPS :negative:

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 15, 2015

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Jack2142 posted:

I decided to play a game to see how it would go... well I would be very happy to drop with goons because the two matches were poo poo. On my team one of our lances just sat in the back while 2-3 lights Leroy Jenkins into their whole team and died. I tried to harass them with my dual LL & MG Cicada, I killed their raven and centurion before I got swarmed by two firestarters and and a nearly dead executioner and died died. I got the only two kills on our team, I could have got one more on the executioner, but I lost my LL & MG before then so lost a ton of DPS :negative:

some folks playing now if you wanna come hang

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

I decided to play a game to see how it would go... well I would be very happy to drop with goons because the two matches were poo poo. On my team one of our lances just sat in the back while 2-3 lights Leroy Jenkins into their whole team and died. I tried to harass them with my dual LL & MG Cicada, I killed their raven and centurion before I got swarmed by two firestarters and and a nearly dead executioner and died died. I got the only two kills on our team, I could have got one more on the executioner, but I lost my LL & MG before then so lost a ton of DPS :negative:

PubQueue.txt

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Pattonesque posted:

some folks playing now if you wanna come hang

Not this week this was me wanting a quick break from finals I need to get back to work on it, this upcomming weekend I will definitely be down for some Mechwarrioring.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I had a bunch of stuff back in the beta days- a founders mech, months of premium I hadn't activated, etc... I logged in under my account and none of it's there. Is there a way to get it back, or...?

**Never mind, wrong email

Cheston fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 15, 2015

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I reinstalled this through Steam and I've actually been having some fun pub dropping a few games after work just to play stompy robots. I've recently just been an rear end in a top hat rolling around in a Warhawk Prime PPCing people with my air raid sirens going off on kills. I'm completely awful, but so is everybody else down in pilot rating 4, which I can only assume is the equivalent of blind children with no hands.

Is there some kind of cue for when it's safe to fire weapons without incurring ghost heat? I've just been guessing at it and firing one arm and then the other a second or two a part. Having stripped the LRM10 for some extra heat sinks, it seems to work pretty well, but you can really tell when the ghost heat kicks in and I suddenly start taking internal damage because whoops, fired all the PPCs!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Zaodai posted:

I reinstalled this through Steam and I've actually been having some fun pub dropping a few games after work just to play stompy robots. I've recently just been an rear end in a top hat rolling around in a Warhawk Prime PPCing people with my air raid sirens going off on kills. I'm completely awful, but so is everybody else down in pilot rating 4, which I can only assume is the equivalent of blind children with no hands.

Is there some kind of cue for when it's safe to fire weapons without incurring ghost heat? I've just been guessing at it and firing one arm and then the other a second or two a part. Having stripped the LRM10 for some extra heat sinks, it seems to work pretty well, but you can really tell when the ghost heat kicks in and I suddenly start taking internal damage because whoops, fired all the PPCs!

gotta space them out by at least half a second

no, there is no documentation for this on the site lol

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Half a second is less brutal than I had feared, at least for something like PPCs.

Does firing an Ultra AC20 as a double tap incur ghost heat off itself? I know AC2s used to.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Zaodai posted:

Apparently there is a rating 5 which is even more incompetent.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Jack2142 posted:

Apparently there is a rating 5 which is even more incompetent.

Blind children with no hands with LRMs.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

various cheeses posted:

Blind children with no hands with LRMs.

In all seriousness, they do love LRM boating down there. It's part of the reason I'm playing a PPC Warhawk right now. A little more robust and good range trades than running around in a medium packed with lasers.

I still enjoy playing my Cauldron Born, but it's not one of the fancy ones with a credit multipler so I haven't been running it while I try and make money. Stormcrow still does work, though.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Somebody throw me some good noob starter mech builds?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Klaus88 posted:

Somebody throw me some good noob starter mech builds?

what kinda robot do you want to run?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

just gently caress my poo poo up

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Pattonesque posted:

I always gravitate towards slow unstoppable walls in online games.

When I'm not the healz bitch of course. :unsmigghh:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
these are a bit pricey, but

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=6106f4586f5ebfd69ec8ae1592ef780c5a54a789

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=241&l=e71097980c505f6e7ae3fce1fa1b13d1a3ebbcdd

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

various cheeses posted:

just gently caress my poo poo up

I got you fam

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Devorum posted:

I got you fam

A Spider 5V/A would do also, but a little more interesting and not quite as painful. They are fun to drive.

Still bad robots tho. :smithicide:

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

armchairyoda posted:

They are fun to drive.
This is all that should matter and

armchairyoda posted:

Still bad robots tho
this is what makes a fun robot the best fun robot because you can get kills with anything so you should aim to humiliate.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

A.o.D. posted:

I vote that we all start doing private inhouse games when we have more than ~10 people in Mumble and we feel like we're running into cheaters. There are no drop weight limits (i'm told) and it can be anything from 12v12 to 1v1 on those maps. We'll never have to worry about cheaters again.

Just throwing the opinion out there. I think it should be a good option whenever we feel like our group is too big to queue with and we break up into two.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Private matches cost MC though, right?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Someone needs to have premium.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Will we be able to add custom decals? I'm only interested if I can add nipples to my Atlas.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Man, I had been holding off on mastering Ravens forever because the 2X was such poo poo. The recent quirkening has worked miracles though- it is a beast machine with 3LL now, even before basic efficiencies.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Bentai posted:

Private matches cost MC though, right?

You need to have premium activated, I think.

Sarsapariller posted:

Man, I had been holding off on mastering Ravens forever because the 2X was such poo poo. The recent quirkening has worked miracles though- it is a beast machine with 3LL now, even before basic efficiencies.

I sold my 2X a long time ago. Is it as good as the 4X energy quirks? And speaking of Ravens, isolating a lone King Crab on Alpine with my Huggin was great. Killed it just before it's team got to me and murdered me. Too bad they made The Huggin SRM 4 fire so much slower though. With all the internal structure quirks to other mechs, it would help a lot if it was a bit faster.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Well that was the most fun I've had in mwo in a while. Thanks for the games guys, and now I have a new goal, to build the pubbie dream mech:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=15&l=4de8825f70e4d20260fbbde0596c3a8c0d7d6b53

And get a kill in it

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
ghostdad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Ladies and gentleman, the Steam release (read the chat. I mean, come on).

Edit: Oh, oh! Someone introduce him to [GIRL]!

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 15, 2015

• Locked thread