Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Tekopo posted:

Use that TIE Bomber pilot that doesn't lose EPTs on discards with crackshot and ordnance. Watch as the enemy gets -2 agility and can't use evade tokens against a homing missile.

I'm going to call this the "Get hosed, Soontir" list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm liking Lightning Reflexes with the bomber guy, but it's pretty evidently designed with Crack Shot in mind given that it ships with Crack Shot...

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Madurai posted:

A BTL-A4 equivalent, maybe? One that lets it use the ion cannon and primary at once.

Woohoo! Victory lap!

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Oh my god, I love TIE Defenders again. I am going to run the poo poo out of this.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Well, haven't posted in the thread for a while but new Defender has me excited.

Also, just saying I totally called it a few months ago.

:smugdog:

waah posted:

I'm convinced thr next version of Imperial Aces that gets released will be a Tie Defender/Tie Bomber box.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I saw this thread and it had 60 new posts, figured something exciting happened. Was not disappointed.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I bet systems officer will be crit mitigation.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

I bet systems officer will be crit mitigation.

That or Target Lock manipulation.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

So yeah, maybe 3 TIE/D defenders, the two highest init with Tractor Beams and the lowest with a mangler or HLC? Hopefully by the time the third hits, the defender has lost two agility...

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

thespaceinvader posted:

So yeah, maybe 3 TIE/D defenders, the two highest init with Tractor Beams and the lowest with a mangler or HLC? Hopefully by the time the third hits, the defender has lost two agility...
Tie/ds don't work with HLCs or Manglers.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
Aw yiss. My two favourite Imp ships! FFG is on the ball ladies and gentlemen, ain't no ship gonna be left behind

I'm really glad those two get some love, means they'll probably get on the scyk in due time. Also some new articles to look forward to

Imma run 3 defenders at a tourney soon

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

thespaceinvader posted:

Can't afford it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The list I posted last page with Vessery, Rexler, and a Delta works kinda like that. I think loading up on it is going to drop you down the initiative ladder too much.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Panzeh posted:

Can't afford it.

All generic PS1s you can. Deltas are 31 each with the title and tractor beam. You can fit two of them and one with an HLC for 99.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Tie/ds don't work with HLCs or Manglers.

Boo. True, though. So, flechette or ion. Either would do I guess.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Jendon with Fleet officer is gonna be boss in epic.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Now, when's my Scum Vets Starviper/Scyk two-pack FFG?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I wanna try a cheapo 19 point TIE Shuttle Bomber carrying Vader as a kamikaze spoiler to expensive big ships. Or with Fleet Officer handing out focus tokens to say, Omega Ace or Rexler Brath.

This loving box can't come out fast enough.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
Ion on a defender could be pretty hard. Joust, Ion, main weapon, then K-turn behind your ionised target and do the whole schtick again (or try to trail behind with a 2 forward or a bank). In theory a great jouster. I imagine ffg intended them to be a bit like this originally without the second shot.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

Now, when's my Scum Vets Starviper/Scyk two-pack FFG?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

There aren't enough pilots that survive in Scyks for them to become veterans.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ranbo das posted:

I saw this thread and it had 60 new posts, figured something exciting happened. Was not disappointed.

Yeah, tell me about it! So excited right now, I can't wait to use two Defenders and Vader or that reusable-EPT guy with Crackshot! (Or maybe a Phantom if I can afford the points-cost)

...but now I can't wait to hear about Rebel Vets and/or Scum Aces even more, now - hopefully FFG have some more surprises for us, before wave eight hits

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If it follows the same general theme, I'm expecting Rebel Veterans to be Y-wing/E-wing. And I want it bad.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

So, Captain Jonus with Fleet Officer and Mara Jade on board, plus a hull or shield upgrade maybe? Just a harmless support ship. 28 points for secondary weapon rerolls, focus tokens and stress handouts, leave it stuck behind your decimator or shuttle...

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

So, Captain Jonus with Fleet Officer and Mara Jade on board, plus a hull or shield upgrade maybe? Just a harmless support ship. 28 points for secondary weapon rerolls, focus tokens and stress handouts, leave it stuck behind your decimator or shuttle...

Prefer Rebel Captive, since then you make them choose between dealing with the rest of your list, or shooting at your infuriating support ship.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah that was my other thought.

The other thing that's got a little lost in all of this is that we now know what the Mist Hunter does a bit more. And unless there are pilots that do something special with secondary weapons, it looks like the Mist Hunter title is just a unique way for a G1A to get Barrel Roll for 1 point with is a bit :smith:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So you could put Lightning Reflexes on that TIE Bomber that can flip EPTs and get S-loops on a TIE Bomber. Put the title on and get Navigator and Intelligence Agent, or maybe some other better combination because I don't play Imperials and don't know.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

If it follows the same general theme, I'm expecting Rebel Veterans to be Y-wing/E-wing. And I want it bad.

This. Y-wings may have had some buffs, but desperately need new pilots. I expect a chardaan refit type upgrade on those E-wings. It would finally make some Knave Squadron guys happen.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So you could put Lightning Reflexes on that TIE Bomber that can flip EPTs and get S-loops on a TIE Bomber. Put the title on and get Navigator and Intelligence Agent, or maybe some other better combination because I don't play Imperials and don't know.

All of which is grand but the title loses you all your ordnance at which point you're left with a slightly more manoeuvreable 2/2/6/0, i.e. still a pretty crappy ship. Keep the ordnance, maybe, but I think that Crack Shot is going to be the most common EPT on that guy.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

thespaceinvader posted:

The other thing that's got a little lost in all of this is that we now know what the Mist Hunter does a bit more. And unless there are pilots that do something special with secondary weapons, it looks like the Mist Hunter title is just a unique way for a G1A to get Barrel Roll for 1 point with is a bit :smith:

Yeah the problem of order of operations rears its ugly head in a lot of potential tractor beam lists. In scum, the only tractor beams you're going to see are probably scyks with Z swarms. They might help other ships in a few spot matchups. That being said, defenders love 'em, though if you're going for broke, the ion cannon is probably better since it does damage and gives you a positional advantage for next turn.

Something like this:

Cartel Spacer [“Heavy Scyk” Interceptor, Tractor beam] (17) x 3

Binayre Pirate (12) x 4

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

Do we have any rules on the tractor beam now? After bitching about no updates for a conisderable time, I can't seem to keep up.

But barrel roll is still awesome on unexpected ships. Expert handling on a mandalorian merc rules. I don't know if it's really viable on the mist hunter, but for one point..

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Wowshawk posted:

Do we have any rules on the tractor beam now? After bitching about no updates for a conisderable time, I can't seem to keep up.

But barrel roll is still awesome on unexpected ships. Expert handling on a mandalorian merc rules. I don't know if it's really viable on the mist hunter, but for one point..

If you hit with it, target gets a tractor beam token. Each token reduces agility by 1. Tokens clear in the end phase.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

If you hit with it, target gets a tractor beam token. Each token reduces agility by 1. Tokens clear in the end phase.

Thanks! I get Panzeh's post now :downs: Does seem very situational. Can't really think of anything viable that isn't gimmicky as well atm

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Wowshawk posted:

Yeah, it's just about legible in the Imperial Vets announcement.

I'm wondering about something with a Heavy Scyk with Tractor Beam and Talonbane with Swarm Tactics but the chances are pretty poor of the Scyk actually living long enough to land a tractor beam shot with full benefit for Talonbane. Scyks are just too flimsy. And for 20 points you need to be getting just... more. Maybe just maybe Serissu with Heavy Scyk/Tractor Beam to give the Scyk something to do before engaging, but... overall it's just not feeling at its best on Scum... yet.

Wowshawk posted:

Thanks! I get Panzeh's post now :downs: Does seem very situational. Can't really think of anything viable that isn't gimmicky as well atm

Well, apart from the TIE/D title itself. And giving the Mist Hunter barrel roll.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

That or Target Lock manipulation.

Actually now that I read the text "After you" "manoeuvre" "friendly" "that ship" seems like it's a support action. Probably go well with Jendon & Fleet officer.

Now I hope the E Wing fix is a droid that lets it slam and a systems that lets it shoot after a slam (but with a "can't shoot again" clause like gunner).

:getin:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Panzeh posted:

That being said, defenders love 'em, though if you're going for broke, the ion cannon is probably better since it does damage and gives you a positional advantage for next turn.

I've never played with a defender, but I'm excited about the idea of popping a head-on jouster with Ion Cannon/primary attack and swinging around back on that white K-turn.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If we get new Y-Wing pilots I hope one of them is the protag from Star Wars: Aftermath.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

Well, apart from the TIE/D title itself. And giving the Mist Hunter barrel roll.

I can see it as usefull on a defender, but the mist hunter will eat some shots just to line up a target, even with the barrel roll. With the ps 7 it might work against aces if you slap on VI, but I want to see that dial first.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Barrel roll for 1pt is not to be sniffed at, but overall I'm feeling worried that the Mist Hunter might turn out to be another Syck - overcosted for what it does. I mean, Zuckuss with the title maps more or less one for one onto Keyan Farlander, including cost, and he gains illicit and crew (which the B-wing can spend a mod to get anyway) - illicit is solid, but the ability is probably less useful, I think. It's basically going to be a Scum b-wing, and Scum don't feel like they need a tank-and-spank guy as much as they need a good interceptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
No worries, they'll fix that in an aces box :v:

I mean, I'm really excited about the new stuff that's coming out, but I'll probably hold out on most of the expansions after the Gozanti until I get a bit of a grip on the ships I have then. Imp Aces 2 will be mandatory, because I love the ships, but I've only just got a handle on the IG and the YV, gotta give those ships some air

• Locked thread