Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I sort of wish there was a way to search Facebook posts using that edit as the keyword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Proving once again that a man's reputation is more important than a woman's safety.

I, uh, get what you're saying, but there's a world of difference between "this man is an rear end in a top hat" and "this man committed a violent felony".

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Isn't the odds of being falsely accused of rape some ridiculously tiny number? So either he's the most unlucky guy in the world, or a legit rapist.

You're goddamn fuckin' right. Reminder that this was recently in the show. Not to mention that the recent episode revolved around a pony in drag. And because I'm currently flattened and hungover from a raging 5th anniversary of the fandom party and a new episode that punched me right in the gut, I'll just repost one of my earlier comments.

As someone who's been in the MLP fandom for more than 4 5 wonderful years, (Jesus Christ...) I think this is a big reason why it hasn't fallen victim to the same kind of dismantling/infestation that other cultures have.

When other "nerd culture" kinds of things became popular, the people arriving suffered from a fundamental problem. They were in it for the wrong reasons, things like money and power. The nerds were the cool kids now and these former cool kids despised that fact. And as a result, they didn't respect or understand the culture they were trying to join. In fact, their job was now to kick the nerds out so they could be the cool kids again.

And the depressing part is that, in a lot of cases, they succeeded. As nerds, we weren't used to bring popular, so when the bullies showed up again, we fell for the mask. We thought things had really changed, only to find out that we were once again being bullied, and, even worse, being bullied on our home turf.

The MLP fandom enjoys the luxury of being "too weird". These purple see no inherent value in it. And so we get called all the modern names for "nerd", neckbeards, autists, creeps, misogynists, basement dwellers. But there's never this mass infestation like you see in other communities.

By the time the fandom got big enough for people to notice and start trying to jockey for influence, we had been burned enough elsewhere to learn our lesson. These monsters had no reason to hide their dark sides from us, and we saw them coming with the fakery a mile away. The farthest SJW's ever got in MLP was censoring one fan blog, (may you rest in peace, Molestia) and censoring a disabled character from appearing on the show. (This was reversed later, anyway.)

Bronies are not part of this new "cool nerd" bullshit. We are the new "cool geek"'s nerds and punching bags. And we are living evidence that however "nerdy" these assholes say they are, that they're nothing more than the same hateful bullies who made our lives hell in school. And that's why bronies have no problems whatsoever telling these monsters to get the gently caress out.

And guess what? We still have corporate sponsors! The people who work on the show love us! We're happy to fork over tons of money to Hasbro, because we know that they respect us as consumers. Bronies are their audience. When an official MLP comic book writer made fun of the fans a few months ago, they fired his rear end immediately.

I see in my fellow bronies everything I love about nerds. And I think other subcultures would do well to follow or example and kick these horrible people to the curb.

/rant

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Isn't the odds of being falsely accused of rape some ridiculously tiny number? So either he's the most unlucky guy in the world, or a legit rapist.

My guess is he knows women who have actually been raped but he believes the rapist(s) over them.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Pastry of the Year posted:

I, uh, get what you're saying, but there's a world of difference between "this man is an rear end in a top hat" and "this man committed a violent felony".

There is also a world of difference between 'this man is made to feel bad' and 'this woman had a violent felony committed against her'

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Clochette posted:

The rape edit is one of many parodies.

There are more edits? The original is cute, though you'd think he'd know she was beautiful before, but anyway.

Whoever made the rape edit is a loving psycho if they got their material from that strip.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

There is also a world of difference between 'this man is made to feel bad' and 'this woman had a violent felony committed against her'

No poo poo, dude.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

mng posted:

There are more edits? The original is cute, though you'd think he'd know she was beautiful before, but anyway.

Whoever made the rape edit is a loving psycho if they got their material from that strip.

A whole bunch :v:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Oh... Thanks :c

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

mng posted:

The point is that he didn't realize she was trans until that exact moment, and he was completely OK with it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

foobardog posted:

The point is that he didn't realize she was trans until that exact moment, and he was completely OK with it.

Ahh yes, Jeph Jacques. The guy who furiously masturbates over How Progressive his fictional characters are.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Molestia

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I believe it's estimated at 10% of reported rapes, which is itself estimated to be a minority.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

foobardog posted:

Yeah I get that. The dialogue in the strip just looks awkward if it was presented by itself.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Aphrodite posted:

I believe it's estimated at 10% of reported rapes, which is itself estimated to be a minority.

The FBI estimates it at about 2%, whereas other crimes average to be about 8%. Keeping in mind that they estimate only 40% get reported (and far fewer get tried or do prison time), it's probably lower than 1%. Of course, a lot of people don't recognize what rape is when presented with a different wording of it, so what some people think is "crying rape" is actually just reporting it.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

foobardog posted:

No, I'm pretty sure he knew.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Someone linked an article about teachers that accidentally ate some pot brownies and this happened. Good luck pop heads.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Elderbean posted:

Someone linked an article about teachers that accidentally ate some pot brownies and this happened. Good luck pop heads.

Is this saying that they think it's the responsibility of the school system to ensure the child does chores at home?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Birb Katter posted:

Is this saying that they think it's the responsibility of the school system to ensure the child does chores at home?

Some parents are like that.
http://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2015/apr/18/secret-teacher-parents-toilet-train-children

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Eponine posted:

The FBI estimates it at about 2%, whereas other crimes average to be about 8%.
You have that backwards, I believe. It's not exactly recent data, but it was 8% unfounded for rape, 2% for all crimes. Page 20 of the pdf.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Elderbean posted:

Idiots on Social Media: What an shame

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

NotAnArtist posted:

Idiots on Social Media: What an shame

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Lareine posted:

No, I'm pretty sure he knew.

Yeah, I remember that storyline. She comes out to him well before they even start dating, I'm pretty sure.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

NotAnArtist posted:

Idiots on Social Media: What an shame. Good luck pop heads!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://i.imgur.com/j6hDIKL.jpg

Wait...i, what? I'm sorry not having sex with someone because you're not attracted to them is reverse rape? How does that even work? You can't demand that people find you attractive, that's not a subjective thing that can be shamed into happening.

I'm sure the person who posted this is a really ugly, toxic person to be around and the fact they don't get laid has less to do with them being a fatty than them being just unpleasant.

This is the kind of poo poo MRAs and other shitfarts point to when talking about "SJW are destroying the world"!

EDIT: To hopefully avoid painful derails

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Dec 15, 2015

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

twistedmentat posted:

Wait...i, what? I'm sorry not having sex with someone because you're not attracted to them is reverse rape? How does that even work? You can't demand that people find you attractive, that's not a subjective thing that can be shamed into happening. It's not unlike not wanting to date a transperson. You can't call someone transphobic if they don't want to sleep with you. Not wanting to have sex with you its not bigotry, you don't have a right to have sex with whomever you want, it has to be consensual both ways.

Oh god. Now you've done it. Last time someone said they weren't interested in sleeping with a trans person in pyf was a 10 page derail.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Oh god. Now you've done it. Last time someone said they weren't interested in sleeping with a trans person in pyf was a 10 page derail.

Oh poo poo, welp, i hope it doesn't come to that again.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I can shorten it.

"I don't have to sleep with someone if I don't want to."
"By saying you don't want to you are implicitly agreeing that you do not consider their gender to be valid."
"Untrue. I just don't want to interact with their genitals, presuming they are the 'original model', so to speak."
"Genitals have no gender."
"Let us go both read Judith Butler."
[ten minutes later]
"That was awful."
"Agreed. Let us behold this screencap of a guy ousting himself as racist."
"Good show." [pours champagne directly onto the floor]

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

cash crab posted:

I can shorten it.

"I don't have to sleep with someone if I don't want to."
"By saying you don't want to you are implicitly agreeing that you do not consider their gender to be valid."
"Untrue. I just don't want to interact with their genitals, presuming they are the 'original model', so to speak."
"Genitals have no gender."
"Let us go both read Judith Butler."
[ten minutes later]
"That was awful."
"Agreed. Let us behold this screencap of a guy ousting himself as racist."
"Good show." [pours champagne directly onto the floor]

You're a hero, cash crab.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tiberius Thyben posted:

You're a hero, cash crab.

He is, he deserves all the marshmallows he can eat.

Anyways, I realized that post is basically the same kind of idea as the Neckbeards who complain about then not getting women because they're Too Nice. It's not me that's the problem, its society!!!! I shouldn't have to change myself at all, people who be attracted to me no matter what!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

twistedmentat posted:

Wait...i, what? I'm sorry not having sex with someone because you're not attracted to them is reverse rape? How does that even work? You can't demand that people find you attractive, that's not a subjective thing that can be shamed into happening.

I'm sure the person who posted this is a really ugly, toxic person to be around and the fact they don't get laid has less to do with them being a fatty than them being just unpleasant.

This is the kind of poo poo MRAs and other shitfarts point to when talking about "SJW are destroying the world"!

What the progressive liberals have done to this country is unconstitutional. As far as I can tell, there are a LOT fewer white people around and a LOT more third worlder's around. It has increased exponentially the past decade. No one is saying anything about that though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why don't we ever get called regressive liberals, setting humanity back to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah? That's way cooler.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

mng posted:

Yeah I get that. The dialogue in the strip just looks awkward if it was presented by itself.

Welcome to the world of Jeph Jacques.

To me false rape was always on the same level as the good old sperm jacking bogeyman. Though I think I preferred the sperm jacking period.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Oh god. Now you've done it. Last time someone said they weren't interested in sleeping with a trains person in pyf was a 10 page derail.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sure, you may have followed Sementanks dot com on Facebook in order to keep informed about the best deals and sales on semen tanks, but you'll also appreciate their cutting-edge political commentary.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Fathis Munk posted:

Welcome to the world of Jeph Jacques.

To me false rape was always on the same level as the good old sperm jacking bogeyman. Though I think I preferred the sperm jacking period.

I'm so mad that someone spells their name as Jeph.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pastry of the Year posted:

Sure, you may have followed Sementanks dot com on Facebook in order to keep informed about the best deals and sales on semen tanks, but you'll also appreciate their cutting-edge political commentary.

Very nice. Looks like a reliable website/company, I'll deffo turn to them for all my semen tank needs from now on.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

twistedmentat posted:

FWIW, that's an MRA-run fake account designed to elicit exactly that response.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Besesoth posted:

FWIW, that's an MRA-run fake account designed to elicit exactly that response.

Isn't that picture photoshopped? Something about the shadows looks off. That, and I'm fairly sure you couldn't ride in a subway in that position for long enough to take that photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog: