Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Simone Poodoin posted:

Vet checkup, vaccines, food and some bowls for this little dude.

Awwwwwwwww :3: He's adorable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Beagle? Pibbie? All puppies look adorably alike!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Just bought a peddle powered kayak, a Native Propel 10. I was going to wait until spring but they discontinued the lime color for 2016 so I had to act fast. I am so loving excited for this thing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^^ can you steer that? Looks fun.

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How do you steer?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I assume you could use a paddle to steer like a regular kayak, but that black fin in the rear may articulate using whatever that black thing is at the very top of the frame to the user's left.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
^^^^^what he said

Looks like the controls for the back fin are on the left hand

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Dang that thing is cool, I had no idea they existed. I assume the propeller is retractable so you can float in shallower water?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bongwizzard posted:

Just bought a peddle powered kayak, a Native Propel 10. I was going to wait until spring but they discontinued the lime color for 2016 so I had to act fast. I am so loving excited for this thing.

Holy poo poo. I had no idea these were even a thing. Now I NEED one.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
You steer via a rudder controlled with your left hand. Sadly I hold my rod in my left hand so I might try to switch it. The drive mechanism lifts out and up for storage and to allow you to launch. The drive has about a 12" draft. There is a competing brand called Hobie that uses a push/pull drive with flippers instead of a prop like the Native. The Hobie can be used in much shallower water and is much better in weeds, but the native can be peddled backwards, which is why I went with it. I am mostly into freshwater and tidal river fishing so being able to maneuver around structure is huge. Guys who fish salt and big water tend to get Hobies.

In amy case I am glad I snagged a lime one while I could and I am very pumped to not spend most of my fishing time struggling to avoid collisions.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

flosofl posted:

Holy poo poo. I had no idea these were even a thing. Now I NEED one.

Just told my wife the same thing, even though I just bought a new bike. Dammit.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just want to get one, loaded with a cooler of beer and paddle it to the middle of nowhere one misty spring morn.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Just brought not one but two Chewbaccas since Build a Bear has a 2 for £30 deal.

Both Xmas presents.
One for my kid who loves Star Wars and Chewie in particular and one for my friends kid who has no idea who he is and has never seen any Star Wars.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I just want to get one, loaded with a cooler of beer and paddle it to the middle of nowhere one misty spring morn.

And then what?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

colas posted:

And then what?

Shoot Fredo and dump him overboard.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Aramek posted:

Beagle? Pibbie? All puppies look adorably alike!

He's a mix, american stafford mother and unknown father.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

I do plan on drinking hard in this thing at some point. There is a beer can currently stuck in the hull of my present kayak due to having to toss a bunch of them in there due to a DNR cop appearing as I was about to land.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Just brought not one but two Chewbaccas since Build a Bear has a 2 for £30 deal.

Both Xmas presents.
One for my kid who loves Star Wars and Chewie in particular and one for my friends kid who has no idea who he is and has never seen any Star Wars.

I appreciate that you posted pictures representing both of of your build-a-baccas.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I keep waffling on getting a stand up paddle board so I can go take a six pack out on my own personal raft. Probably just sit-down-paddle after 3.

It just sounds so drat awesome.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sexy green flip clock. The green isn't that bright in person and the picture I took with my surface 4 was bad.(So I used the seller's) So yeah the surface 4 is nice but some apps do no behave nice with the touch screen.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Dec 15, 2015

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Duck and Cover posted:

Sexy green flip clock. The green isn't that bright in person and the picture I took with my surface 4 was bad. So yeah the surface 4 is nice but some apps do no behave nice with the touch screen.

Neat! Link?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

1redflag posted:

Neat! Link?

Etsy. I've seen it on ebay once before. Oh and it was only $49 + shipping .

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Dec 15, 2015

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I got myself an early birthday present:

(For the curious, it's a Cordoba 32T-CE.)

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Christmas shopping's done, so gently caress it, I need clothes. With all the sales right now, the whole order was only $50 shipped. Click for links.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Nothing to do with your clothing purchase but rather the modeled clothing on a few pics. Is that really a style to leave just the front tucked in like you took a poop and accidentally buttoned your pants over your shirt?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

schreibs posted:

Nothing to do with your clothing purchase but rather the modeled clothing on a few pics. Is that really a style to leave just the front tucked in like you took a poop and accidentally buttoned your pants over your shirt?

I don't tend to do it, but partial tucking is a thing, yeah. Off-hand, I can see doing it to make a tie work better with a casual outfit or to show off a belt buckle. You can also accomplish both of those by fully tucking, but I guess it's kind of the shirt version of intentionally messy hair.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Having only the front tucked in is what's weird, everybody knows a proper half-tuck is done on the side.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It is intended to draw the eye to your junk.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I absolutely hate being cold. I'm always chilly when everyone else seems okay and it's getting to the point where I basically have to wear a coat in my office building to not be uncomfortable so I broke down and ordered a internally heated hoodie.

I couldn't find my size (small) that also came with a battery in black or gray like I wanted (those don't have the big logo across the chest), but with enough poking around I eventually found a red one at Home Depot. I should get it by the middle of next week. So excited to not be freezing all the time :3:

Milwaukee is having a promotion right now too so if I submit proof of purchase I can get a free additional battery.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Those things are magic, good buy.

Honestly, on a -cold- rear end day you only need a light jacket with that heater on, you'll be super toasty-warm.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Solid Cake posted:

I absolutely hate being cold. I'm always chilly when everyone else seems okay and it's getting to the point where I basically have to wear a coat in my office building to not be uncomfortable so I broke down and ordered a internally heated hoodie.

As someone who lives with someone like you, kudos to you for actually purchasing and wearing appropriate clothing instead of just complaining and demanding the heat be jacked way the hell up to cater to your weird biological defect.

And speaking of Nathan Drake from a few posts up, I bought the Uncharted Collection for ps4, but it was as a gift. I also bought memory for a laptop, but really that's for work.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A ticket to see Hateful Eight in 70mm in my area on Christmas Eve. I could've sworn I was gonna have to road trip to Texas to catch this, but then the official theater list came out and it turns out that's not the case :c00l:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A ticket to see Hateful Eight in 70mm in my area on Christmas Eve. I could've sworn I was gonna have to road trip to Texas to catch this, but then the official theater list came out and it turns out that's not the case :c00l:

God dammit none in CT.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wtf I didn't know Elmwood had 70mm????

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Wtf I didn't know Elmwood had 70mm????
I'm wondering if they changed the screen out completely in that one theater or something. All the theaters that are showing the 70mm version nationwide had to pay like several thousand dollars to retrofit to show it, and it's playing in theater 14 instead of theater 1 which is the one with the IMAX screen, so maybe 14 got an all new screen for this? I have no clue.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I *THINK* they're just using a different projector on the normal screens. My local showing in Orlando is also in an odd theater for this sort of thing, as opposed to the IMAX screen. I'll be pissed if the quality isn't top notch though, that's the whole drat point of seeing it in 70mm.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

I *THINK* they're just using a different projector on the normal screens. My local showing in Orlando is also in an odd theater for this sort of thing, as opposed to the IMAX screen. I'll be pissed if the quality isn't top notch though, that's the whole drat point of seeing it in 70mm.

theres only like 200 70mm projectors in the world at this time, they bought 120 of them and used the parts to get 100 of them up and running for the roadshow

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I read somewhere that the studio is renting out projectors to some theaters too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Quentin Tarantino and The Weinstein Co. are getting ready to embark on one of the most ambitious, and complicated, release plans in recent cinematic history — to make Tarantino's The Hateful Eight available in 70mm film in 100 theaters.

The exclusive roadshow commences Dec. 25; on Dec. 31, Hateful Eight will expand nationwide into hundreds of locations, where it will be projected digitally.

More than 18 months ago, TWC distribution chief Erik Lomis began buying up 70mm projectors in order to make good on Tarantino's wishes. Lomis procured 120 projectors — there are less than 200 left — to come up with 100 working projectors. TWC also had to find enough projectionists to man theaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Goddamn it I'm on call for work literally from the 25th to the 31st :argh: