Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9GilKnpiv0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Ted Danson lives :unsmith:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Brock Samson posted:

Ted Danson lives :unsmith:

Well obviously, he still has to tell us he's an alien.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gunfight interrupted by spacecraft.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BECAUSE THEY STOLE THEIR FACES OOHHH

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Oh gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the hell

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Whoever said Betsy looks like Shelley Winters from The Shining is right. She does even moreso right now as she's sick.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
what is happening

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
yup, definitely an alien

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
What...the gently caress?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Is he JRR Tolkien?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cool cool, that's cool.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

So its basically him dealing with post war stress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neat.

So "Moses Tripoli" is that a name that showed up in the other season somewhere? It seemed like they were making some kind of connection but whatever it was was lost on me.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Tremendous season of television.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
:unsmith:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I feel satisfied but wanting, what am I wanting.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
It's over :(

That was great, but it's going to be a long year.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Great loving show. First five minutes in particular were just spectacular.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Regy Rusty posted:

Neat.

So "Moses Tripoli" is that a name that showed up in the other season somewhere? It seemed like they were making some kind of connection but whatever it was was lost on me.

Mr Tripoli is the head of the Fargo Crime Syndicate in S1

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

That was kinda anticlimactic.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Neat.

Bearded mob boss Malvo shot in s1.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Best show ever

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Everyone go rewatch the dreams of the future from the beginning.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I'm amazed Hanzee made it all the way to the end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I feel satisfied but wanting, what am I wanting.

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

That was kinda anticlimactic.

I was expecting a little more than what we got, maybe Peggy jumping out of the cruiser because she's an idiot or one last Hanzee duel or something.

Still, this show good.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was amazing, from start to finish.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

That was absolutely fantastic. I don't think you can convince me there's ever been a better single season of TV.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Brock Samson posted:

Everyone go rewatch the dreams of the future from the beginning.
I did but why in particular?

Edit: Mike couldn't become the future any more than the future could become the past :(

Reo fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 15, 2015

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Mr Tripoli is the head of the Fargo Crime Syndicate in S1
More here: http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-the-fargo-finale-revealed-a-hidden-secret-from-season-1

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The deaf hitman in season 1 survived, right? I remember Malvo giving him the keys to his handcuffs.

So if season 3 takes place a couple of years later and each season is tied together, then we'll get more deaf hitmen next year.

Still bummed Ted Danson didn't turn out to be an alien.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well dang, there we go. Good going Hanzee you built your own empire and then got murdered by a demon man a quarter century later.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Still bummed Ted Danson didn't turn out to be an alien.

I want to believe

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
That finale was certainly more lowkey and introspective than I expected but I liked it a lot. Kinda reminded me of Wire seasons where Episode 9 usually had the season's climax and the last episode was more of a denouement.

Did I miss who the guy Hanzee was talking to was supposed to be? I can only assume he was some "connection" he had or something that wasn't associate with the Gerhardts.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Am I going insane, or is Betsy definitely mentioned offhandedly as still alive in season 1? Like, Molly mentions a phone call with her or something? On a similar note, Camus did have a six-year old daughter, who went on to write about her dad and manage his writerly legacy.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Ted Danson invented emojis? What was I supposed to get from that explanation?

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
It's way more like aUI (a pretty cracked out conlang), just to name one. Blissymbols is also pretty similar.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Well dang, there we go. Good going Hanzee you built your own empire and then got murdered by a demon man a quarter century later.

Should never have gotten that haircut...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
The black sabbath music cue and use was probably one of the most effective ones I've ever seen and will forever be embed in my head for how perfect it was.

Season was spectacular. Easily up there with Breaking Bad, The Wire in terms of nearly perfect television. I'm sure there were some plot holes and iffy writing somewhere, but it all falls away due to how incredibly god drat entertaining that all was.

Five stars. Give them all the awards.

For anyone else who loved the music choices they had for this season, here's a link to a Spotify playlist that compiled most of em'.
https://open.spotify.com/user/michaelfabiano/playlist/7KR6PNPMKbVibxjGwOw6Yy

• Locked thread