Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
To resolve this situation, Darren really just needs to reconcile with his sister, who then must reconcile with Blossom, who then needs to get back together with Linton, who then can get his dad to help. Simple.

Er, assuming Linton has a good relationship with his dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This seems like a really terrible extortion plan. They're going to... bully a kid just out of prison into stealing a bunch of money, probably not very well, and probably getting nothing, instead of bleeding him dry for the next however many years?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Look, if you give a man a break, you get paid today. If you push a man to do something illegal and go to jail, you get paid a shitton more when he gets out five years later and has even more interest on his original loan. :getin:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Remember, this £2000 is just the initial payment on a "plan". Darren owes 30k.

At the rates Si is charging, he could demand basically any remotely achievable amount once a month and have the debt still last both their lifetimes.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Could there be the chance of redemption for Darren..?

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I'd say 50/50 odds of redemption vs "you owe me, help me rob this store I took a real foreshadowy interest in."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Wonderslug posted:

I'd say 50/50 odds of redemption vs "you owe me, help me rob this store I took a real foreshadowy interest in."

Darren's in a bad spot but he's been characterized as a bit smarter than to try to make the snitch he just learned sent him to jail for years over his coming home late nights the keystone of plan to burglarize her employer

50/50 odds reconciliation vs. they have a fight and that's when he decides to rob the place with his buddies/Sy's goons.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm predicting that he tries to apologize and/or warn his family about the danger. But Shauna doesn't hear him out (understandably), and then he decides to just rob her employer. Probably half-justifying it to himself by thinking that he's doing it to save her anyway.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, here we go. Daz keeps alternating between great and gigantic rear end in a top hat chav. There seems to be no middle ground for him.

Also, updates seem to be taking over Destroy History's slot now running through the weekend as well. I didn't realize Destroy History was over, that sure was a no-ending.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Leroy Dennui posted:

Regarding Daz's response to finding out what Shauna did, I think it'll probably end up in him cleaning out Amy's shop and trying to frame her for the crime.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I wouldn't be surprised if all the genuinely valuable stuff was in the 'hipster safe', because, yes, Daz, she did see it coming. It's not even the first time she's been robbed.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Also note that the safe being an antique doesn't necessarily make it any less impregnable to random thugs with crowbars, given that those definitely existed whenever that thing was built.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I bet Mr. Cobdale's hobbies include swordfighting. He's got his whole theme figured out.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
"No alarm" because she didn't want that moron panicking and breaking anything

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
I hope Desmond gets his Eggo doll because Eggo is loving HORRIFYING.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Will this be the Christmas that Desmond Fishman fails to elude death?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Leospeare posted:

I pity the child whose parent provides them Eggo.

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
Eggo looks like it'd have some highly unsettling animatronic capabilities, like it's able to just wobble around on those stick legs.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Leospeare posted:

Not as terrifying as the idea it's a commercial success.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume a 'no' on Desmond Fishman learning the meaning of Christmas.

He's the worst.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Leospeare posted:

Eggo is what Krampus brings naughty children. It sits stands in their room, watching them. If you try and throw it out it mysteriously reappears, in a slightly different spot. You can feel its presence as you try to sleep. Watching. Waiting.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh boy.

I'm guessing Krampus. :allears:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm hoping it's Moon and Earnest. They can't both still be in jail.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
My memory may be failing me, but I recall the wendigos speaking in the same font.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

:yeah:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh boy.

I'm guessing Krampus. :allears:

I was right!

But knowing Desmond he'll somehow evade karmic retribution, again. :argh:

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

I was right!

But knowing Desmond he'll somehow evade karmic retribution, again. :argh:

Isn't recieving an Eggo karmic retribution in itself?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, here I was hoping John Allison had a Christmas gift for me, but alas that slimey thing still lives. At least that panel with Mildew was worth it.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
You cannot destroy Desmond Fishman. He is the despair and sorrow of the world made manifest.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Saoshyant posted:

Ah, here I was hoping John Allison had a Christmas gift for me, but alas that slimey thing still lives. At least that panel with Mildew was worth it.

What is she walking there? I thought Glynis was against animal exploitation

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh yeah, Mildred can't have a dog. Uh, I guess it's a just a random passerby with a passing resemblance.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Oh yeah, Mildred can't have a dog.
Desmond: Dead but Still Dreaming

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Also shouldn't Mildred recognize Fishman because just one story ago she tried getting him a job and it was a whole thing?

EDIT:

Numero6 posted:

No, that was Little Claire.
Oh yeah, duh. Don't know why I misremembered that, buy Claire makes much more sense.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 29, 2015

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Ditocoaf posted:

Also shouldn't Mildred recognize Fishman because just one story ago she tried getting him a job and it was a whole thing?

No, that was Little Claire.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ditocoaf posted:

Would you acknowledge that you knew Desmond Fishman?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Oh yeah, Mildred can't have a dog. Uh, I guess it's a just a random passerby with a passing resemblance.

She could be walking the dog of someone else. Get Money, Pet Dogs, Solve Mysteries.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay just re-read most of this over the last two days.

It occurs to me now that the bloke who writes this is 40 something years old and is still rather good at getting down what it felt like to be a teenager. I must admit I am pretty impressed. That and the fact that most of these stories have happier bits in them than I remember, scarygoround was a lot worse in that regard than Bad Machinery has been, as the only really horrifying bits are things like the Selkie "mum" walking into the ocean.

Roach Warehouse posted:

e: Man, remember how Ryan dates Lottie's sister? Seems messed up in retrospect.

Totally forgot about the subplot in the first case where Dan tries to get Shauna's stolen coat back without her mum finding out. Dude's a class act.

And which bit is this from? Because its not in scary go round bad machinery where he is gosh darn married!

I'm an idiot who keeps getting the darn comics mixed up.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 30, 2015

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Josef bugman posted:

And which bit is this from? Because its not in scary go round where he is gosh darn married!

http://scarygoround.com/sgr/ar.php?date=20081201

Yup, SGR.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay so, as a quick thing, what is wrong with many of the characters in BM?

Not as in the way they are written, but what do people personally not like about them? Because I always saw Linton as someone who has an inability to go three seconds without making an arse of himself, Mildred as being a combination of overly posh and worringly stand offish, Charlotte as... well Charlotte and incapable of holding on to a clue for more than 5 mins and I can't understand why people don't like Shauna, Jack and Sonny. They last three all seem so nice, even if some of them bend in a stiff breeze or seem to be trying to hard at being a "loner".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I don't think any of them are really disliked by readers except for Desmond and Blossom. Or do you mean "wrong" in the sense of what's their characteristic/humanizing flaw?

• Locked thread