Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I thought the not killing civilians thing was immersion stuff. The people you play as didn't kill civilians, or at least tried to avoid doing so. As such you also avoid killing civilians, the damaging thing is based on the Animus health being how closely you're following the memory, at least in the first game.

Which means canonically Altair never got hit.

Plenty of games let you kill civilians, go play those. Assassin's Creed is a game where it's not a choice because the character you play wouldn't make that choice. It's even one of the rules of the Creed itself if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Playing violent video games has turned me into a sociopath. AMA

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Paineopticon posted:

Yeah hitting a guy in GTA to deal with real world anger is weird but, more offensively, boring. Can you cover an airplane in C4 and crash it into a busy intersection in that game? That would be fun because it's ridiculous. Getting home and thinking "god that guy on the road pissed me off so much, I'm gonna turn on a video game and pretend to murder him" sounds like something from a 1995 Dateline about violent video games

...right. And you are making a really stupid assumption to think that I was remotely talking about the latter. Nothing in any of my posts remotely suggests that.

Slow news day in the ps4 thread.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

People are funny in what they choose to take a moral high ground on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In the first and second Assassin's Creed games you actually had civilians that slowed you down (the beggars and the troubadours) so there was an in-game reason to shank them and trade time for the risk of desync.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Posting here is immoral.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I got AssCreed Syndicate as a gift and finally got around to play it. London looks pretty fantastic but the game just feels off. The movement feels really stiff and stilted and the grappling hook is finicky as poo poo. The combat is some real hot garbage. They somehow made the button-mashing combat even worse. At least in previous games it was courteous enough of being over quickly and and painlessly, here enemies seem to be sponges of damage. Who knows, maybe this will change as I get higher level with better gear (and the level stuff is really dumb), but it's just a pain in the rear end to fight people to the point I just avoid the enemy. The missions types are nice, though, offering various ways of tackling them which I appreciate.

I think its time to write this series off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

actually speaking of red dead and immersion, the reason I didn't kill civilians in that game was because I didn't think it was something marston would do and thus I, as the person dictating his actions, didn't make him do it. that was a case of strong writing influencing how I played the game and I like it more than "well you're not allowed to do that". still don't really care that I can't murder pedestrians in ac tho

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Assassins creed syndicate came free with the Black Friday ps4 bundle i got, so i just didnt open it and did a no receipt return at walmart for $80 worth of other games. Ive never played any of the Assassins creed games but I feel i made the right choice

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

manyak posted:

Assassins creed syndicate came free with the Black Friday ps4 bundle i got, so i just didnt open it and did a no receipt return at walmart for $80 worth of other games. Ive never played any of the Assassins creed games but I feel i made the right choice

Don't bother. I played through all of Assassins Creed 2, even got the Platinum for some loving reason and I've never felt more ashamed in wasting my time playing a game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

manyak posted:

That was actually a pretty great move, yeah.

I once won a copy of Mario Sunshine from a Cartoon Network promotion but I didn't actually have a gamecube at the time :v: Luckily the store let me do a return and got full price for it and bought some PS2 games. (And later played Mario Sunshine on a friend's GC, no worries)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Zaphod42 posted:

...right. And you are making a really stupid assumption to think that I was remotely talking about the latter. Nothing in any of my posts remotely suggests that.

You know about other posters right

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Lol if you spent all of dishonored worrying about vision cones in a goddamned bathhouse, and double lol at the game for expecting me to feel bad for guard polygons.

If you don't play dishonored as a stealth game then it's just a lovely fps

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Playing lethal in dishonored js super fun but youre still being super stealthy...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

only if you want to be

you can easily swordfight everyone and use your super powers to kill them with magic or rats or w/e. the game doesn't penalize you for stabbing your way through the game, completely ignoring any and all stealth

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Manatee Cannon posted:

only if you want to be

you can easily swordfight everyone and use your super powers to kill them with magic or rats or w/e. the game doesn't penalize you for stabbing your way through the game, completely ignoring any and all stealth

That isnt as much fun though, and you're missing out on a ton of the contwnt by just running around setting off alarms

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you not liking it as much doesn't mean you can't do it

the option's there, tho mostly it'll just be people loving up that take advantage of it I bet

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i take it back call of duty is infact bad and hard

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
There is a civilian in Rainbow Six Siege you can kill if you really want. On either team.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

El Jebus posted:

There is a civilian in Rainbow Six Siege you can kill if you really want. On either team.

Don't worry your teammates will do it for you

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
The best rear end creed game was that Lord of the Ringsting one but even that got boring after you figured out the Orc rank system

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nuclear Throne is cool but I forgot I suck rear end at these games.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Made it to the Nuclear Throne for the first time last night. Walked up, nothing seemed to be happening, so I start walking back to see if I missed anything. A giant green beam shot down the middle of the screen and killed me instantly :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just got a PS4 as a Christmas present last week. I need a good headset. Any recommendations? Preferably something not obscenely expensive.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ps4 golds

Ps vita ear buds if you're really cheap

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I saw the headset and was going to say "But... I need a microphone" but then I read on. Hidden microphone. So sneaky.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I saw the headset and was going to say "But... I need a microphone" but then I read on. Hidden microphone. So sneaky.

Yeah the PS4 gold headset is pretty loving solid, it feels good and sounds pretty good. If you want better you can do better but you end up spending way more, while if you spend less than the gold you get something like the silver which is uncomfortable. Get the gold.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah the PS4 gold headset is pretty loving solid, it feels good and sounds pretty good. If you want better you can do better but you end up spending way more, while if you spend less than the gold you get something like the silver which is uncomfortable. Get the gold.

Perfect. Amazon has the gold for $80 right now with same day shipping.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mordiceius posted:

Perfect. Amazon has the gold for $80 right now with same day shipping.

I'd sit on it for a few days and see if it drops. It normally goes down to around 50 bucks when on sale.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'd sit on it for a few days and see if it drops. It normally goes down to around 50 bucks when on sale.

I'm still waiting on my $30 pair from Jet.com - should be delivered tomorrow but goddamn that took over 2 full weeks.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Meh. I'm not too concerned. I'd prefer getting it sooner rather than later. I'd rather not wait for a sale price that may or may not happen over the next week or two.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mordiceius posted:

Meh. I'm not too concerned. I'd prefer getting it sooner rather than later. I'd rather not wait for a sale price that may or may not happen over the next week or two.

Yeah not to mention that, according to camelcamelcamel, it only ever hit $50 once and that was on Black Friday:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/product/B00HVBPRUO?context=browse

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Yeah not to mention that, according to camelcamelcamel, it only ever hit $50 once and that was on Black Friday:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/product/B00HVBPRUO?context=browse

True, but other retailers have sold it for around that. I go where the deals are. I only brought it up because the headset goes on sale routinely, even more so because of the holidays.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Playing more of Rocket League, does this game have online co-op? I mean like, couch multiplayer. This game is pretty much unplayable if you're just matched with randos. Idk, every odd game I'll get 3 good ppl but the vast majority of this game is filled with completely loving worthless players, like guys who actively will knock u off the ball to try and get the goal instead of u and then miss the shot. Like, guys who boost into u, and prevent u from keeping it out bad. I'm only really interested if I can match with friends on PSN or with some friends, at least then you can tell ur friend to not to just leave the area when ur trying to pass to them. >.>

Only way to win games is to fight with ur teammates the whole time lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm sounds like you need to git gud

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Austrian mook posted:

Playing more of Rocket League, does this game have online co-op? I mean like, couch multiplayer. This game is pretty much unplayable if you're just matched with randos. Idk, every odd game I'll get 3 good ppl but the vast majority of this game is filled with completely loving worthless players, like guys who actively will knock u off the ball to try and get the goal instead of u and then miss the shot. Like, guys who boost into u, and prevent u from keeping it out bad. I'm only really interested if I can match with friends on PSN or with some friends, at least then you can tell ur friend to not to just leave the area when ur trying to pass to them. >.>

Only way to win games is to fight with ur teammates the whole time lol

Playing with friends is, like, what you're supposed to do lol. You can go online with a local splitscreen friend or party up with PSN friends. Or just play 1v1 and realize you suck bad at the game and it's not actually your teammates fault but I wouldn't reccomend that if you consider yourself to have a fragile ego

edit: and don't play 4v4 that's like "chaos mode" -- any other smaller number is ok though

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

The greatest PS3 theme of all time is now on PS4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2HIbvMEz4

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

epitasis posted:

hmm sounds like you need to git gud

Not much I can do when 80% of players just boost full throttle into the ball at every opporitunity.

goferchan posted:

Playing with friends is, like, what you're supposed to do lol. You can go online with a local splitscreen friend or party up with PSN friends. Or just play 1v1 and realize you suck bad at the game and it's not actually your teammates fault but I wouldn't reccomend that if you consider yourself to have a fragile ego

Can you play with 3 people online, or just 2? For the record, I just won 6 1 v 1 matches in a row.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Artless Meat posted:

The greatest PS3 theme of all time is now on PS4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2HIbvMEz4

You've made me the happiest goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Austrian mook posted:

Can you play with 3 people online, or just 2? For the record, I just won 6 1 v 1 matches in a row.

I haven't played in a while and when I played I just played ranked and I know they've made a lot of changes to ranked mode and stuff but back when I was playing a lot, 4v4 wasn't an option in ranked mode at all, because it's just really a clusterfuck "fun" mode. Not sure if you can party up for it in unranked but for what it's worth according to the devs it was excluded from ranked mode exactly because it's a little too chaotic to get proper teamwork going on. You might have better luck with pubbies in 2v2 or 3v3 ranked but in general you're always better off playing with friends. There's a goon community for it and if you post your PSN name someone should be able to invite you

• Locked thread