Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
How is she? Which spider should I get?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Also got (1 star :( ) Spider-Gwen from my free box :3:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Are skills massively changed now? Every upgrade costs 50k now instead of 300->600->900 etc.?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Skychrono posted:

Are skills massively changed now? Every upgrade costs 50k now instead of 300->600->900 etc.?

Yes, they folded skill levels in and changed costs. I don't have the hard math but a level's basically the equivalent of 10 before.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Hogama posted:

Yes, they folded skill levels in and changed costs. I don't have the hard math but a level's basically the equivalent of 10 before.

Oh, awesome. Are all skills reset to lvl 1 then?

I've been playing for all of two days, interesting time to come into this change...

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

So this has been floating around some of the Future Fight groups:

I don't think I get the meta, why is Spider-man so high on the list and Gamora so low? I mean Spooderman just looks like a simple damage swap but Gamera has added utility and overall damage. Does shock always have a chance to stun or what? I'm so confused. :psyduck:

^^Nah it folds the existing skills you bought into the new tier, so 1-10 becomes level 2, 10-20 level 3 etc.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Deadly Chlorine posted:

I don't think I get the meta, why is Spider-man so high on the list and Gamora so low? I mean Spooderman just looks like a simple damage swap but Gamera has added utility and overall damage. Does shock always have a chance to stun or what? I'm so confused. :psyduck:

^^Nah it folds the existing skills you bought into the new tier, so 1-10 becomes level 2, 10-20 level 3 etc.

I'm thinking about getting that Sister Grimm, Black Bolt, and Captain Marvel or War Machine. I've enough for 3 maybe 4.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

I'm definitely getting Grimm, and if I've more crystals it'll be a tossup between Black Bolt, Gamora and Spidey.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Another new trailer clip: this one looks like it's hinting at a Christmas update.

I think that's the same stage they dressed up for the Halloween update, even.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Luck of the Irish...

Had my free daily hero login.

Got Spider-Gwen

omg

God dammit, i just came in here to post this. I wonder if it was weighted as a surprise bonus?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Spiderman is ridic in teamup due to dis 6* skill making GBS threads out damage on the boss and ridic in arenas due to his CC, Webs, and iFrames

In other new I bought both Gwen and Silk packages. Instead of using the gold to improve them I decided to reroll iso 8 sets.

RNG worked very well for me, all three rolls for under 1.5 million gold.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Spent every free crystal I've gotten since starting on the new costumes. I even banked Sister Grimm's because it looks badass and I wanted the deal -- it's cool they let you buy them on sale without owning the hero. Now I just need some sort of Christmas/New Years crystal deal to up my VIP to a more shameful level.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Luck of the Irish...

Had my free daily hero login.

Got Spider-Gwen

omg

:drat:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Bought the new Nico costume as soon as I patched

Hot drat the ai is much improved! Collision actually uses his clone ability and lines up his laser shot ability to clear house even better then before

Debating on if I want to whale for another 5 pack of heroes or not

Jesus they just offered me the 6 star upgrade pack, plus 6 star mastery pack with 3k crystals and gold
Huuuuungggggh. Must resist

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I hope xmas brings more mega rank up tickets, can't wait to waste all my money on Telephone Marvels.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Timeline Battles seem a little screwy right now. I keep successfully revenging people I have no business beating. The last War Machine I faced didn't even attack.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
drat, whaling ain't no joke in this game. Am I reading correctly that one of the 180 hero packs is $50?

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
The new update seems to chew through battery, anyone noticing this also? Had to double check that settings weren't changed.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Lechtansi posted:

drat, whaling ain't no joke in this game. Am I reading correctly that one of the 180 hero packs is $50?

About that, yeah, but if you get the Stark Stash you can afford that at $4 a month instead... only thing is you've got to collect it over the course of a month, instead of all at once, so it won't help with the current packages.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Lechtansi posted:

The "buy one, get one" event still looks to be going on, so if you buy the 1,650 crystal pack for "only" thirty bucks you should get 3,300 of them (which is a one time thing, I believe).

But yeah, it's pricey. Makes me wonder about people with high VIP levels even though I guess it shouldn't.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Sister Grimm's new costume image looks like she has pigtails, and I was sorely disappointed when I found out she didn't.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm getting Cap's, Spidey's and War Machine's uniforms because those are in my team and I have no idea who Sister Grimm is. :colbert:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm getting Cap's, Spidey's and War Machine's uniforms because those are in my team and I have no idea who Sister Grimm is. :colbert:

Look at this shameful nerd who hasn't read Runaways.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Is she one of these?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nah she's about a decade earlier.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Sister Grimm uni is great, if you are new here I would suggest against it as her bios are battle world only. Unless you have her at 5*.

Also Silk has Destructo Disks.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
7-Day free Check-In biometrics will be for Miles Morales.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Smart, they want to make you pay for your waifus.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

Also got (1 star :( ) Spider-Gwen from my free box :3:

I feel it's rigged. I also got Gwen.

Gwen-Spidey-DD have 3 synergies plus whatever you get from same ranked heroes. Hmmnn...

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

The "buy one, get one" event still looks to be going on, so if you buy the 1,650 crystal pack for "only" thirty bucks you should get 3,300 of them (which is a one time thing, I believe).

But yeah, it's pricey. Makes me wonder about people with high VIP levels even though I guess it shouldn't.

The buy one get event is always going on. That's the regular price for crystals. Literally never buy crystals if you used your buy one get one for the week.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Dimension rifts now give really good rewards to the person who opened them, so do each other a favor and enter each others rifts.

If you don't want to spend energy, enter the rift then force close your app. The person still gets rewards for it.

e: Also if you log in each day this week you will get enough bios for Miles

Drythe fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 15, 2015

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Team bonus packages expire in 2 hours, what are the odds of the spider verse being part of it?

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

mirror123 posted:

The new update seems to chew through battery, anyone noticing this also? Had to double check that settings weren't changed.

I dunno about battery, but the game is certainly less smooth and made my phone a lot hotter, which I guess WOULD drain the battery faster. Hope they take a look at whatever is causing it.

Never saw a drop in frame rates before the update but now it chugs a bit on the menus for me (not had time to actually play properly).

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Honest Davion posted:

I dunno about battery, but the game is certainly less smooth and made my phone a lot hotter, which I guess WOULD drain the battery faster. Hope they take a look at whatever is causing it.

Never saw a drop in frame rates before the update but now it chugs a bit on the menus for me (not had time to actually play properly).

Thats probably the battle royale change, stages are less twisty and more open space with the enemies swarming you faster on screen causing the power and slowdown problems.

They did it to make stages faster to clear.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New Battleworld starts today:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Whoa, double 4+ BW? RIP new players.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Spider Gwen and Silk as prizes... well I sure hope they don't make them BW exclusives.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Reading through the reddit of this game and watching the moderator have a tantrum over not controlling things is amazing. It's just like MH forums but with new people.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah the reddit mod does some bizarre stuff. A month or so ago he started locking every thread after a couple of replies, even the 'discuss this character for the week' thread. Very entertaining.

Edit: one time someone posted an unaltered gif of Tits McGee's victory animation from the game and he banned it for being lewd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I have none of those heroes at 4 stars :/

• Locked thread