Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

That dachshund :kimchi:

I don't understand AusPol, all I know is that I love Pope with all my heart. I MUST KNOW WHY THERE IS A DACHSHUND WITH A RUDOLPH NOSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
IN THESE INSANE DAYS OF POLITICAL
CORRECTNESS

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Has anyone, anywhere, ever claimed to be offended by the word Christmas? Not instructed employees to say happy holidays, not disallowed nativity scenes in secular institutions, but straight up responded to someone using the word Christmas with "I'd rather you didn't say that word?"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

Has anyone, anywhere, ever claimed to be offended by the word Christmas? Not instructed employees to say happy holidays, not disallowed nativity scenes in secular institutions, but straight up responded to someone using the word Christmas with "I'd rather you didn't say that word?"

Let me just check my FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: folder and get back to you.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Kajeesus posted:

I swear I heard it once, it was a balding man with a ponytail...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

alnilam posted:

I swear I heard it once, it was a balding man with a ponytail...

As if there are any non-balding men with ponytails?

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Kajeesus posted:

Also, aren't the people who are theoretically getting upset about the words "Merry Christmas" usually Jewish? This is a really weird place for him to go.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Deathlove posted:

I don't understand AusPol, all I know is that I love Pope with all my heart. I MUST KNOW WHY THERE IS A DACHSHUND WITH A RUDOLPH NOSE.

all I can think off is because the sled also originates in Germany.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

Speaking of the Day By Day butt rape strips, you should check out the fan comments on this one http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/comic/you-know-the-drill/
It is always just a bit depressing to be reminded that there are people who read DbD for reasons other than laughing at it.

quote:

WayneM
December 13, 2015, 10:32 pm | #
So being open-minded might make politics less painful? That doesn’t seem right…
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. A 40k comment.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

e_angst posted:

Also, aren't the people who are theoretically getting upset about the words "Merry Christmas" usually Jewish? This is a really weird place for him to go.

Kirschen lives in Israel, doesn't he? He probably just doesn't have to ever deal with it.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Sir Tonk posted:

IN THESE INSANE DAYS OF POLITICAL
CORRECTNESS

It's so crazy, you can't even TALK about genociding those filthy animals we've got penned up next door without some hippy-dippy do-gooder jumping down your throat!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Good news! This ol' chesnut is being brought back out again:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It warms my heart that Fiorina is currently polling below the margin of error. She's a nobody, and she knows it.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

RodShaft posted:

Yeah, but St. Nicholas is 1700 years old, so I give it to him.

I hate "ask" as a noun, and its been around since Beowulf.

Really? I've never seen "ask" used like that (as in "I got an ask for you" or what?) but I'm not a native English speaker nor do I live in an English-speaking country, after all :v:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

beepsandboops posted:

Ooh! Ooh! Now do one about Dijon mustard!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

System Metternich posted:

Really? I've never seen "ask" used like that (as in "I got an ask for you" or what?) but I'm not a native English speaker nor do I live in an English-speaking country, after all :v:

If you use ask as a noun in front of RodShaft, you're going to get your "ask" icked.

(How do you feel about using ick as a verb, RodShaft?)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 15, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Obama ate a dog sandwich with fancy-rear end mustard garnished with arugula! Then he used the sandwich to salute a Marine guard! Then he said "you didn't build that" to the guy who made the sandwich! Worst President Ever!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Monkey Fracas posted:

Obama ate a dog sandwich with fancy-rear end mustard garnished with arugula! Then he used the sandwich to salute a Marine guard! Then he said "you didn't build that" to the guy who made the sandwich! Worst President Ever!

Don't forget that he stood on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier with a "mission accomplished" banner

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Forgive me if it was already posted, but here's yesterday's Pope

E: context

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 15, 2015

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Forgive me if it was already posted, but here's yesterday's Pope

motherfucker is he reading this thread

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
A T. Rex isn't a dragon dammit

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JT Jag posted:

This is still arguably the case
I thought White Bread was cheaper now?

Also another thing that I didn't realize was a thing were heirloom crops, my second crew leader was big into that and would bring purple carrots for dinner while we were on hitch at Bryce.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

memy posted:

It might be in the sense that dino fossils are probably responsible for dragon legends :v:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

All Muslims should be deported to a concentration camp in Guantanamo Bay. A Bad Cartoon.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's all true. Planned Parenthood filmed it and I've seen the video. Also, no, I can't tell you where you can watch it and if you don't believe me you're a liberal.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Fiorina and Chris Bell should get together and run for office as a team.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I thought White Bread was cheaper now?

Also another thing that I didn't realize was a thing were heirloom crops, my second crew leader was big into that and would bring purple carrots for dinner while we were on hitch at Bryce.

This cartoon is more fun if you imagine that the setting is somewhere in Afghanistan and there's a random American standing there talking and no one listening has any idea why he's there or what he's talking about.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Monkey Fracas posted:

The worst part was when he choked on the sandwich then barfed it up on the Japanese PM's head.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

The worst part was when he choked on the sandwich then barfed it up on the Japanese PM's head.

After bowing to him rike rittre dog.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Remember when Barack Hussein Obama got two shoes thrown at him? Man, what a gaffe

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Area Man Upset at What He Imagines Political Correctness Is About

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

memy posted:

what about tyrantrum. chequemate

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

System Metternich posted:

Exactly, "I know it's a big ask, but could you..." "My ask of you is to..." I hear daily.

It was REALLY big in corporate speak a couple years ago, and there's a lot of stragglers still using it.

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you use ask as a noun in front of RodShaft, you're going to get your "ask" icked.

(How do you feel about using ick as a verb, RodShaft?)

I won't crack open a can of Ask Ick on ya. I'll just cringe internally whenever I hear it, knowing in the my depths that you've siphoned a bit of my soul to grease the cogs of the corporate machine.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

beepsandboops posted:

Like, Vegancomics is insane by insisting there's a universal moral standard about eating meat, but I still want to ask these people exactly what the difference between a dog and a pig is that's so bad. But then I realize that there's no difference between "My cultural norms" and "Undeniably right" to republicans.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Like, Vegancomics is insane by insisting there's a universal moral standard about eating meat, but I still want to ask these people exactly what the difference between a dog and a pig is that's so bad. But then I realize that there's no difference between "My cultural norms" and "Undeniably right" to republicans.

The proposition that there is a moral standards about it is not "insane," it's just something you disagree with which is fine. That doesn't mean it's insane.

The thing that's "insane" about vegankomix is the horrible way it's delivered, the fake "scientific" made up poo poo, the procession of strawpeople, and the artist's total lack of self awareness.

But your point about pig vs dog is on point. It's fine if someone doesn't want to eat dog because they have too many happy memories with a dog and just personally don't want to, but it's very hypocritical to insist that it's "wrong" to eat dog.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

When he himself is made of Happy Holidays.

If it weren't for political correctness we wouldn't be mourning the death of a nation, we'd be celebrating The Birth of a Nation. A Shockingly Racist Cartoon.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Problem with this one is that I'm more than sure that Clarence Thomas doesn't disagree with the point Scalia was making.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I know I just made an AGC joke, but these big scary-looking skeletons are actually harmless in the context of this cartoon :confused:

They're just enjoying this merry-go-round. They haven't even knocked over Baby Obama's ice cream cone. They are nothing to be afraid of. This cartoon is mangling the absolute poo poo out of its own message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

2 Hmmm it is obvious enough that the green pill with :obama: skull and crossbones is POISON? Better err on the side of caution here...
4 :3:
9 Says the guy who probably gets all his news from Rush Limbaugh

• Locked thread