Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Alright I'm changing my vote from B to C because clearly nobody trusts my friend John Edgar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

you dont just "get rid" of hoover

I was going to suggest using Jumbo on him but the fat little turd might like that.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
C.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
D

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
So basically going with the mess that was the historical warren commission or letting rfk getting to the bottom of it but hand him a huge amount of political capital to gently caress with us later?

gently caress it go with D and see what he does

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
No man, you coopt RFK and bring him into the fold. Shutting him out directly led him to challenging for the 68 nomination.

Paper With Lines has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Dec 11, 2015

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Typo posted:

So basically going with the mess that was the historical warren commission or letting rfk getting to the bottom of it but hand him a huge amount of political capital to gently caress with us later?

Or let J Edgar dress up like a lady and try to seduce the truth out of an imprisoned Jack Ruby...

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Typo posted:

Yeah but the Warren Commission reached the correct conclusion (:tinfoil:) and I think there's no possible investigation of an event of this magnitude that's going to be any cleaner. We're not going to be resigning for the '68 election, because we're not going to gently caress up Vietnam, so we've got this.

E: also, RFK's not going to be a factor :tinfoil:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Personally I want Bobby on the case because I hope he's going to find the Greys were involved and catapult this into a new direction, wherein Jumbo slays the Reticulan menace and frees Earth.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Dogstoyevsky posted:

E: also, RFK's not going to be a factor :tinfoil:

Ah but who says the Six-Day War will go off in such cases a way that RFK expresses support for Israel and gets Sirhan Sirhan angry enough to kill? Even if it did the butterflies have been set in motion four years earlier and assassinations tend to rely on a fair amount of random chance.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
E We settle this matter PERSONALLY.

But actually D, because hey, why not?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
D, because gently caress it, why not.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Have we come upon the option where we sit on the toilet and take a huge poo poo for two hours while dictating war plans to our cabinet who stands around the stall?

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
D

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

why do you guys want to end this lp early with an election loss

it's not like sirhan b sirhan has to be written into this; maybe rfk is too busy doing the poo poo we're gonna let him do to piss that guy off, who knows

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Then we'll just have to do it ourselves

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Gonna go with D, will probably regret it

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

why do you guys want to end this lp early with an election loss

it's not like sirhan b sirhan has to be written into this; maybe rfk is too busy doing the poo poo we're gonna let him do to piss that guy off, who knows

Yeah, RFK isn't the threat, Goldwater is.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

The X-man cometh posted:

Yeah, RFK isn't the threat, Goldwater is.

Nah, he isn't. If there is one thing we can learn from Ike is that the people will only ever vote for a moderate Republican. The conservatives in the party will never make a comeback, much less rule the country.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
D

A Human Ear Alright
Feb 3, 2004

fantastic life
D. friends close, enemies closer. plus if we started an independent commission we'd need someone actually independent. I'd rather not stress Earl Warren out and wind up weakening the Supreme Court by having him depart.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm gonna go with

Yell at Lady Bird

again

mynamewas
Jul 23, 2007
Point
A.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Why wouldn't we trust our home state to handle things? A

cxcxxxxx
Sep 7, 2013

It is not possible to eat me without insisting that I sing praises of my devourer?
C.

Letting a rival be the man that informs the nation who is culpable for the loss of a beloved leader is not a wise idea moving forward into 68.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The next election is 64, we don't know if we can win that either. Unless the GOP nominates some insane radical who can't be trusted with The Bomb.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

B. The FBI will get to the bottom of it, Hoover is an rear end but could be a valuable ally. The FBI operates under the DoJ so RFK can be kept in the loop and thus we can avoid sidelining him entirely, but we also avoid letting him be directly responsible for any investigation's findings and subsequent political clout.

Don't give one of our rivals a stick to bludgeon us with. RFK is a rival, don't forget that.

EDIT: I should also point out that RFK considered JFK's assassination to be partly LBJ's fault for encouraging his brother to go on that trip to begin with. Changing vote to C since it has the best chance of beating the suicide pill that is D.

Vernii has issued a correction as of 04:43 on Dec 15, 2015

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
D is at +2 now over C I think; Sherlock Holmes still without much support

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Vernii posted:

B. The FBI will get to the bottom of it, Hoover is an rear end but could be a valuable ally. The FBI operates under the DoJ so RFK can be kept in the loop and thus we can avoid sidelining him entirely, but we also avoid letting him be directly responsible for any investigation's findings and subsequent political clout.

Don't give one of our rivals a stick to bludgeon us with. RFK is a rival, don't forget that.

EDIT: I should also point out that RFK considered JFK's assassination to be partly LBJ's fault for encouraging his brother to go on that trip to begin with. Changing vote to C since it has the best chance of beating the suicide pill that is D.

As a member of the D voting base I am standing fast.

I am certain RFK will see us handing him free reign to investigate as our way of making up for both urging JFK to his doom and also for that funeral date fuckery. Our honest admission that he is the best man for the job will most certainly cause him to view us as exonerated and incompetent.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
D, just for the campiness of "he must investigate the assassination of the president...his own brother."

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
If he realizes we did it though, we're going to have to have him killed I think

Valinon
Aug 7, 2014

Vernii posted:

A full endorsement for C as outlined by Vernii. However, I advocate for a discreet meeting with Hoover to keep tabs on the DOJ and watch for possible interference from its leadership.

(I also want to note that the Sherlock Holmes' proposal has a resounding runner-up endorsement, even if it is not practical.)

Valinon has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Dec 16, 2015

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

memy posted:

If he realizes we did it though, we're going to have to have him killed I think

This brings me to the thought: If we are going to extra-judicially assassinate anybody there is an un-charismatic toad named Nixon that hasn't ever done anything to convince me not to kill him.

Just a penny for our collective thoughts.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

John Dough posted:

Sherlock Holmes still without much support

Criminal.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
C

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

reignofevil posted:

As a member of the D voting base I am standing fast.

I am certain RFK will see us handing him free reign to investigate as our way of making up for both urging JFK to his doom and also for that funeral date fuckery. Our honest admission that he is the best man for the job will most certainly cause him to view us as exonerated and incompetent.

Hm yes, the guy that's hated us for three years and taken just about every opportunity possible to politically isolate us, who's blood pressure spikes every time he sees us in the Oval Office, and holds us partly responsible for his brother's death, is definitely just going to call it even because we let him do his job.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Carrasco posted:

D, just for the campiness of "he must investigate the assassination of the president...his own brother."

Also D because presidential politics should be as soap opera like as possible imo

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Also D because presidential politics should be as soap opera like as possible imo

Exactly this. D

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
You fools are going to give RFK the nomination for '64 at this rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You fools are going to give RFK the nomination for '64 at this rate

That just sets the stage for a third fourth party LBJ run in 1968.

• Locked thread