Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Of course it's Florida

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Tire is flat, too.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

Tire is flat, too.

I was like, well at least he’s got wear on most of the tire

but it’s really only because the tire is flatter than the midwest

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Is that not a car plate down his pants?

Man, if I had a nickel...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no dude it's a tactical lower back protector

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Nitrox posted:

Something I always wondered, the reason brake fluid reservoir is next to the lever is to increase response time? Almost every bike has it in that exact spot.
It can't be just for sake of visual inspection, it's not like brake fluid disappears often if at all...
The reservoir has to be higher than the master so the fluid will gravity feed into the master as it needs more fluid as the pads wear and the caliper pistons move out more. It's not really related to bleeding the system per se. The whole system wouldn't work at all if the reservoir didn't constantly gravity feed fluid into the master. For simplicity and good feel on the controls it makes the most sense to put the master right on the lever. Therefore the reservoir kind of has to be right on the master cause there's nowhere else above it that it makes sense to put it. You'll notice that rear brakes usually don't have the master ON the reservoir but above it and feeding the master via a tube, sometimes like a foot long.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I went to the progressive International Motorcycle Show today. It was OK. The new Africa Twin is a fat gently caress. D- would not ride off-road. The 500 EXC rally that ktm brought, on the other hand... :getin:

I took pictures of some things.
This was absolutely ridiculous and magnificent in person. Also, plated.

I took this picture and the guy said "it's not for sale." I don't blame you, buddy. I don't blame you.

:circlefap:

But this one is still faster. I was not allowed to sit on it. I would not have fit anyway. :sigh:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

They did not have any demo toasters.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

builds character posted:

But this one is still faster. I was not allowed to sit on it. I would not have fit anyway. :sigh:

They let us touch them at AIMExpo, those things are so small

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

captainOrbital posted:

Is that not a car plate down his pants?

Man, if I had a nickel...

It is. It's also a dealer plate.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ooooooh, yeah, I'll test ride the one with the flat tire brah!

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I suppose the real question is "What will idiots with too much disposable income and the kind of dead-eyed rootlessness that the last 30 years has impressed on humanity go for next?", closely followed by "And how can I make money off it?

Stupid overpriced Italian scooters with roll-bars and too many mirrors will get popular again soon, I think. Men's fashion is already all about the short trousers and skinny lapels. All it'll take is for a few venal 'creative professionals' with too many Instagram followers to slap an RAF roundel on their open-face helmet and mention the word 'Quadrophenia' and everybody selling a thing with 10" wheels for twice what they're worth or more will have hoards of fuckwits in cheap plaid suits beating down their doors.

There must be an absolute dickload of money to be made for someone willing to revive the Lambretta marque and slap idiotic Vespa-level price-tags on whatever garbage they actually produce.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Lambretta has already been revived. They went the cheap Chinese piece of poo poo route.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Stupid overpriced Italian scooters with roll-bars and too many mirrors will get popular again soon, I think. Men's fashion is already all about the short trousers and skinny lapels. All it'll take is for a few venal 'creative professionals' with too many Instagram followers to slap an RAF roundel on their open-face helmet and mention the word 'Quadrophenia' and everybody selling a thing with 10" wheels for twice what they're worth or more will have hoards of fuckwits in cheap plaid suits beating down their doors.

There must be an absolute dickload of money to be made for someone willing to revive the Lambretta marque and slap idiotic Vespa-level price-tags on whatever garbage they actually produce.

It's not as big as the cafe racer poo poo but this is already a trend. The difference is that we have 40+ years of emasculating scooters so a lot of image-conscious 18-35 year old men won't be caught dead on one.

That's not to say any scooter event isn't full of guys in their best Quadrophenia cosplay complete with Docs and vintage parkas. You need only look up all the "Mods vs. Rockers" or "Distinguished Gentlemen" events to see them. And Vespa seems to be doing fine banking on either "Quadrophenia" or "Roman Holiday," depending on gender, to push both bikes and merch. So much merch.

open24hours posted:

Lambretta has already been revived. They went the cheap Chinese piece of poo poo route.

Came and went, I think, at least in the States. The Lambretta name is apparently claimed by several groups so it shows up on generic Chinese scooters, watches, etc. but nobody really does much with it.

It doesn't help that nobody knows the Lambretta name ("is that a kind of Vespa?") - and the few that do know them to be unreliable monsters. (Scomadi is a neat idea, though, taking series-III Lambretta style but with modern Piaggio running gear)

Gay Nudist Dad fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 14, 2015

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zxxM9EYQzY

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

The difference is that we have 40+ years of emasculating scooters so a lot of image-conscious 18-35 year old men won't be caught dead on one.

Living in a big college town now, it's interesting to see how this trend is almost nonexistent That 18-35 group is the majority of the scooter crowd here. It isn't even uncommon to see 3 or 4 pairs of guys riding two up a day.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Picked up a 2008 KTM 690 SMC the other day;

e: oops, tables

Shimrod fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 14, 2015

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I wish Awful would default to timg when phoneposting.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Gonna need to pick up a pretty fuckin big tablecloth.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shimrod posted:

A Unicorn

That thing is beautiful. I'm so envious. Did you find it through forums or luck out on one through craigslist?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Friend of mine is a manager at a bike store and called me to let me know it was at one of their other stores. They had it up in Brisbane from the Gold Coast the next morning for a ride.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have just discovered the dumbness that are Masei helmets

They are not DOT but I still want that Macross helmet though...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You could probably make foam pieces to tack onto a regular helmet to make it look like that.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Vets and bikes...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I do the tank drumming at red lights too.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yeah I do it to the rhythm to the idling evo.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
You shift to neutral at traffic lights?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I turn my bike off at lights.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I usually shift to neutral at traffic lights.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Renaissance Robot posted:

usually, especially if another car has stopped behind me.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yeah once traffic settles in behind me and it's gonna be a while I put a foot on the brake and give my hands a stretch.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Shimrod posted:

Friend of mine is a manager at a bike store and called me to let me know it was at one of their other stores. They had it up in Brisbane from the Gold Coast the next morning for a ride.

Aww poo poo another Brisgoon rider. We should chill.

And by chill I mean do ill-advisedly fast things on bikes.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

TRIGGER WARNING

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

I shift to neutral whilst I'm rolling towards the light :cool:

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

Oglogoth posted:

I shift to neutral whilst I'm rolling towards the light :cool:

You're probably just joking but isn't that a violation in most states? Although I've always wondered how'd they'd catch you doing it.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Dutymode posted:

You're probably just joking but isn't that a violation in most states? Although I've always wondered how'd they'd catch you doing it.

I've definitely never heard of it if it is. And yeah I'm mostly joking, though I do pop into neutral once I've stopped. (Thanks Kawasaki)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Dutymode posted:

Some states have a no coasting on a downgrade law somewhere but not all and nothing about neutral at or before stop lights.

I put both feet down.