Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Rrussom posted:

Thanks, I'm normally about as creative as a plagiarized Harry Potter fanfic, so i have no loving clue how i've churned these out.

you have... "The Gift"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

grimcreaper posted:

you have... "The Gift"

Thats not the first time someone has called 'Severe Autism' a 'Gift' but its usually by parents.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Rrussom posted:

Thats not the first time someone has called 'Severe Autism' a 'Gift' but its usually by parents.

Well.. we are all on SA aren't we? This forum serves as our sort of autism chariot to a degree.

time for dreams to happen. Sb is kinda getting better/worse. I think my once every patch playthrough is done now. I can sleep tonight.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
ugh

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Hey at least that multiplayer Harvest Moon game just landed on Steam (in "coming soon!" form). The 'fish is just publishing it, so I have a little hope.

Oh dear... how could one :darksouls: up Harvest Moon?

LordZoric fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 15, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rrussom posted:

Thanks, I'm normally about as creative as a plagiarized Harry Potter fanfic, so i have no loving clue how i've churned these out.

You've found your niche, Rrun with it!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

LordZoric posted:

Hey at least that multiplayer Harvest Moon game just landed on Steam (in "coming soon!" form). The 'fish is just publishing it, so I have a little hope.

Oh dear... how could one :darksouls: up Harvest Moon?
Here's them (Chucklefucks) playing it if you wanna know more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tieL7TA_f9o

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

BillmasterCozb posted:

i'd say that it'd be easier to just re-make starbound from the ground up.

From the ground up? Seems like a waste of time to fix a few issues.

Make a decent plan. Re-implement into the framework already made.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Met posted:

Make a decent plan.

lmao

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Well there IS a plan.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Rrussom posted:

Well there IS a plan.

plz circle where it says "bring back damage on touch" tia

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

coupedeville posted:

plz circle where it says "bring back damage on touch" tia

Taking it off was never even on there, they just now realized it was broken

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
hahaha, Tiy just tweeted a 'mini update' showing the smelter now doing one bar at a time instead of batch smelting. Because that's the only insane thing left for them to do; start rolling back quality of life improvements.

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/676818870540353536

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

graynull posted:

hahaha, Tiy just tweeted a 'mini update' showing the smelter now doing one bar at a time instead of batch smelting. Because that's the only insane thing left for them to do; start rolling back quality of life improvements.

Some loving idiot says he hates insta-melting so he loves this update. :psyduck:

Are all the Starbound fans this retarded?

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010

graynull posted:

Because that's the only insane thing left for them to do; start rolling back quality of life improvements.

Start? :confused:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

welp

one step forward, two leagues back

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

what the gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tiy

tiy

tiy

listen to me

stop worrying about balance

you were making a sandbox video game

make a sandbox game

give people toys and stuff to use in the sandbox game

you dont need to pad your sandbox game with stuff like 'make 1 bar at a time'

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Some loving idiot says he hates insta-melting so he loves this update. :psyduck:

Yes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
But think of all the PvP repercussions of not skipping that tedium. :qq:

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Are all the Starbound fans this retardedautistic children ?

ftfy

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Chucklefish team members skimming lines of code, eyes glinting as they search for any remaining fun to be deleted.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

What's the difference?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so when's the mod to fix that coming out

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

They're the only ones left.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I want to say I'm not surprised by this, but I am. I'm the retard who can't stop putting his hand on the stove because this time, THIS TIME it might not mean a trip to the ER for you and your poor, world-weary parents. Tiy somehow keeps finding new ways to astonish me with bad decisions that usurp the place of actually decent, good things that were already in place and perfectly effective. I'm boggling at this not because of what it is (a relatively minor but aggravating change that had absolutely no precedence), but because of what it represents. There's no benefit to doing it this way, but he's dead set on doing it anyway because I guess Super Ghosts and Goblins had tedious nonsensical progress gating and an abundance of mostly-useless crafting stations(???)

The hosed up part is that in the midst of this stream of garbage ideas and dullard reddit reasoning there are tiny glimpses of the game that could be, like the overhauled specials on guns and weapons, unique monsters, and the colony system. And then he hits us with poo poo like that.

I don't understand, but I can comfort myself by the fact that Tiy doesn't either.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
BAD game, game BAD

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It makes a lot of sense they moved on to making a harvest moon clone, that's a much better match for sadists with the worst ideas imaginable

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
...that's not what's happening? Stardew Valley is only being published via Chucklefish and not actually developed by the company. Just like Risk of Rain was published by Chucklefish.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Just... what? What? Chucklefish Games, what is your minimum viable product on Starbound? What does that look like? I can only assume the game is just some sort of dev playground now where they add and remove things at will with no clear roadmap of where it's all going. And please stop listening to literal or figurative children who have nearly unlimited free time to spend on pointless bullshit.

Ahundredbux posted:

Here's them (Chucklefucks) playing it if you wanna know more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tieL7TA_f9o

Cautiously optimistic still. Time seems like it passes a little too quickly but that could be fixed. Bad things get fixed, right? Right??

EDIT: Time passes while indoors whyyyyyyyy

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

King Lazer posted:

Chucklefish team members skimming lines of code, eyes glinting as they search for any remaining fun to be deleted.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

No Mods No Masters posted:

It makes a lot of sense they moved on to making a harvest moon clone, that's a much better match for sadists with the worst ideas imaginable

they are actually just publishing it, the guy making stardew valley was actually making the game before starbound ever came out in early access or whatever

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

graynull posted:

This made my anus leak.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

LordZoric posted:

EDIT: Time passes while indoors whyyyyyyyy

To be entirely fair the Harvest Moon series itself has been inconsistent about this, especially considering the Rune Factory games

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

its also a multiplayer game so time freezing any time some one went inside would be weird.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Where does this thread stand on different stacks of dirt per planet, cause I stopped reading when people thought that would be the best thing ever.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

graynull posted:

Welp, gently caress YOU Chucklefucks.

I was giving the latest build another shot, but gently caress it. Mining with the slow-rear end tedious matter manipulator that's now a royal PITA to upgrade and which now primarily depends on random drops/chests and semi-rare resources (diamonds) didn't already take long enough?

Even odds they're applying this to all batch crafting. That'll be super fun every time I run out of platforms, torches and bandages and want to craft another batch of 200 each.

I'm a rube for wasting time trying it again after all the poo poo changes since the EA release.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eonwe posted:

tiy

tiy

tiy

listen to me

stop worrying about balance

you were making a sandbox video game

make a sandbox game

give people toys and stuff to use in the sandbox game

you dont need to pad your sandbox game with stuff like 'make 1 bar at a time'

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I want a refund and I didn't even buy my copy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Because of how many people think tedium = immersion = I'm hardcore at videogames

See also, everyone who thinks a New Vegas style hardcore mode would add "Immersion" to Fallout 4, when you can place a slave farm+personal doctor every 200 feet that also churns out hundreds of pure water every time you visit.

Oh lordy lord. Buggy as gently caress Fallout 4 settlements have better QoL than starbound :lol: I've been unable to get tatos to be deposited into my workbench (though the rest of my food works) all game but at least I can still hand pick 20 of them every time I swing by the homestead instead of hand watering it multiple times and waiting in person for it to grow.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 15, 2015

• Locked thread