Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

versus posted:

I noticed last night after finishing everyone's normal challenges and then unlocking Reaper's hero parts that the hero challenges seemed either bugged or had false unlock information, so maybe you did what you were supposed to and the game kept track of it, but they fixed the requirements in the patch or something.

That's what I thought, but it didn't unlock transmission 9 on the back of the cards for those guys. My lore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Since the patch I've had non-stop games of 8v4 and 7v5. Only a small sample but annoying!

drewmoney fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 15, 2015

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Always hop in, ask if there is a spot, chill waiting for one if it's full but someone says they're leaving in a match or two.

give fake callouts while they're in the game.

hahaha

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

any other boners getting "blops servers not avail" errors?

ahh a hard reboot needs update

GET MY BELT SON fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 15, 2015

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I didn't realise how much I was enjoying this game until the glacial update speed on PS4 meant I couldn't play it when I wanted to.

Denying me my shootymans is making me unexpectedly grumpy.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
Suppressed KN44 is legit. Thanks to whoever found that in the data mining. :greatgift:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

Looks like ante up got marginally buffed to 100 points. Probably worth taking if you want to run uav/cuav/care package/engineer.

Finally, another perk worth running in Slot 2.

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition
man i'm loving the brecci so far, even more than the haymaker

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tonight I got the best k/d ratio.

I also got this:

It has Japanese words flowing all over it it's pretty nice.

Edit: I'm also now using that calling card.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

I actually thought that might be good since I can rarely get a UAV going, if at all. But then again, the idea of Hard Wired exists.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Drav posted:

Suppressed KN44 is legit. Thanks to whoever found that in the data mining. :greatgift:

Is it? I did the 'get 50 kills without any attachments'-camo challenge for the KN44 last night, and I noticed that it's a good gun anyway. Doesn't really need quickdraw or grip. High caliber does make it better, but other than that I didn't really notice much difference. I even thought about throwing rapid fire on there, but I have no idea if that'd make any difference. Where did you find that data anyway?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mill Village posted:

I'm pretty bad but I find Tracker at least marginally useful. It's still the first thing I drop if I want to run wildcards though

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'm using my next unlock on ghost because if you've got trophies or anyone else on your team running them flak jacket seems redundant

I mean I know it helps with scorestreaks and war machines and all that but it still seems a little pointless if explosives get knocked by trophy.

also, if you have trophy and you or someone else drops a turret put one next to it. they'll cut out some of the rockets and emps

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

"Position your Wraith so it defends an objective from 2 or more attackers"

This challenge is the worst. Any competent team actually playing the objective will shoot down the wraith ASAP. Terrible pubbies that won't shoot it down also won't go near the objective.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I got that on Nuketown just calling the Wraith into the center of the map and having it shoot into the spawn. i suppose you just have to pray that the enemy team won't shoot it down :v:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Superanos posted:

This challenge is the worst. Any competent team actually playing the objective will shoot down the wraith ASAP. Terrible pubbies that won't shoot it down also won't go near the objective.

I got that on my first ever wraith, which coincidentally was from a care package, not a legit call in. Just wait until the pubbies inevitably start the infinite loop of Combine voting and it's pretty much a lock. Even the trashiest pubbies go for B on Combine, and as the level is so small and has a few hiding places the wraith will usually focus murder around B.

Man, I got all drunk and then all "on the phone" last night and missed all these new changes. Glad you can get rid of dupes, I have loads of those. Just need to get through work and then I can shoot motherfuckers with a gun on a video game and sing "Kudacabana" as I do it.

I really do sing that. poo poo, it's in my head again nooooo.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 15, 2015

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Superanos posted:

I got this by complete happenstance by popping a care packaged wraith, too. sorry your streaks get shot down :shobon:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frabba posted:

How often do they run things like the double XP weekend?

I've noticed the last 2 double exp weeks have happened when some competing shooter has done some sort of beta test, one was during the RSS beta week, this one was during the division beta week.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
One of them was during Overwatch too, but I can't remember if it was double XP or double weapon XP.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The game doesn't tell you this, but if you burn a permanent unlock on Primary Gunfighter III, because it's the last wildcard to unlock and you could do with an extra attachment slot, you can't use it until you have Primary Gunfighter II unlocked :downs:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

The game doesn't tell you this, but if you burn a permanent unlock on Primary Gunfighter III, because it's the last wildcard to unlock and you could do with an extra attachment slot, you can't use it until you have Primary Gunfighter II unlocked :downs:

Best Game.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

beedeebee posted:

Is it? I did the 'get 50 kills without any attachments'-camo challenge for the KN44 last night, and I noticed that it's a good gun anyway. Doesn't really need quickdraw or grip. High caliber does make it better, but other than that I didn't really notice much difference. I even thought about throwing rapid fire on there, but I have no idea if that'd make any difference. Where did you find that data anyway?

It was in this thread a few pages ago. I use stock, suppressor, and grip. Grip is a little superfluous but I would still rather use it.

Suppressed KN44 is a 4hk. Unsuppressed HVK30 is a 4hk. So why not.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

...The suppressed KN-44 sounds kinda tempting. I was gonna run the Man O War again with ELO but you've got me in two minds.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

It was in this thread a few pages ago. I use stock, suppressor, and grip. Grip is a little superfluous but I would still rather use it.

Suppressed KN44 is a 4hk. Unsuppressed HVK30 is a 4hk. So why not.

KN is 3 shots up close, and the suppressor hits it slightly less than other ARs. The important point is it keeps the 3sk up close where you're likely to run into subs. And it remains 4sk out to a longer-than-this-would-probably-be-lovely-for-its-recoil distance anyway.

High cal lets you get bullshit 2 shot kills occasionally, ymmv.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If I'm waiting for a spot whole dicking around in rocket league, save me the loving spot you impatient fucks :argh:

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah I did this just two days ago too. Regrets.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

I'm pretty bad but I find Tracker at least marginally useful. It's still the first thing I drop if I want to run wildcards though

Tracker is a really good perk.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think I'm going to try Tracker. I'm tired of Awareness only working intermittently.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just unlocked the Razorback because I got some legendary stuff for it. What a crap gun.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
last night I went 52-13 WITH wazzit in the room.

getting 2 GI units back to back out of care packages really helped :jihad:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

beedeebee posted:

I just unlocked the Razorback because I got some legendary stuff for it. What a crap gun.

Worst of the SMG's and any differing opinion is stupid and wrong.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Dalai Trauma posted:

I think it's my second highest k/d sub :shobon:

Suppress it, flank endlessly. It loses head on sub fights, so don't get in them. It's superbly accurate, meaning landing 5 shots on a distant target is actually remarkably easy, and at close-mid it's still 4, so it still has its optimal (bad) ttk. I'll take (and get) shots on targets I wouldn't touch with other subs.

It's basically a sub version of the ICR with marginally higher rof, but I vastly prefer it, handling matters I guess.

Think of it as a cut-down mobile AR and it'll treat you right. I think only the Pharo really has a chance of beating it at the right distance.

Hmm... I should make a set of mid-range ttk charts that count the second tier of sub damage vs ARs and see how that looks.

Meh. Later. Tonight I just want to shoot dudes, work on hero armor, and get closer to dark matter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dalai Trauma posted:

All SMGs are poo poo, hope this helps.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
:psyduck:

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Motherfuckers need to observe my adult snow day and play this game with me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All SMGs are poo poo, hope this helps.

This is the first CoD where I prefer SMGs over the ARs. High Caliber is the only thing that lets rifles keep up.

v - The problem with the Weevil isn't its damage, its the rate of fire compared to other SMGs. Kuda forever.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 15, 2015

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Dalai Trauma posted:

Isn't the Weevil still a peashooter?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

victrix posted:

KN is 3 shots up close, and the suppressor hits it slightly less than other ARs. The important point is it keeps the 3sk up close where you're likely to run into subs. And it remains 4sk out to a longer-than-this-would-probably-be-lovely-for-its-recoil distance anyway.

High cal lets you get bullshit 2 shot kills occasionally, ymmv.

So I should trade out Grip for High Caliber is what you're telling me

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I think I might start rolling the UAV/Care/CUAV Engineer package, I don't really live long enough for the higher streaks bc i am a baddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

versus posted:

I noticed last night after finishing everyone's normal challenges and then unlocking Reaper's hero parts that the hero challenges seemed either bugged or had false unlock information, so maybe you did what you were supposed to and the game kept track of it, but they fixed the requirements in the patch or something.

What happened was the patch also changed some challenges around, and it swapped the ability challenges to the head and weapon challenges to the body. This unlocked the heads for me, and since I already had all the bodies equipped it didn't remove them.

Also, yes you should swap grip for high caliber. It's probably the worst attachment since it has such a small effect.

• Locked thread