Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

10:02 AM - Ticket Closed: Account created!
10:15 AM - Ticket Reopened: Account is still not working!!! FW: email from 10:01 AM: "I cannot log in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

odiv posted:

10:02 AM - Ticket Closed: Account created!
10:15 AM - Ticket Reopened: Account is still not working!!! FW: email from 10:01 AM: "I cannot log in"

Ticket set to pending; waiting for paradox to resolve in space-time continuum.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Segmentation Fault posted:

Mixtape guy came in again.

I got some screenshots of the newsletter he left at the deli.

Don't you mean photos? Feel no guilt, we've all had IT brain before. It's like baby brain, but more unrewarding circumstances.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Segmentation Fault posted:

I didn't buy his second mixtape. I still have his first one lying around somewhere, never listened to it. The lady I talked to at the Deli brought him up. "He came in a while ago and I bought a CD from him. It was awful!"

Here's a song by him: https://soundcloud.com/claytg/coffee-and-buns

This is just amazing.

I can't stop laughing every time he says "cauwhfee." His whole song is so inadvertantly un-threatening and adorable :3:

The Eagles :frogsiren: OH I MEAN THE EVILS :frogsiren:

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 16, 2015

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Congratulations Larches!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Larches has a habit of blueballing us and I refuse to congratulate him without him forking over the necessary details. :colbert:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

This is just amazing.

I can't stop laughing every time he says "cauwhfee." His whole song is so inadvertantly un-threatening and adorable :3:

Would buy that t-shirt.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Volmarias posted:

The Eagles :frogsiren: OH I MEAN THE EVILS :frogsiren:

I mean, he's not wrong there.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Heners_UK posted:

Don't you mean photos? Feel no guilt, we've all had IT brain before. It's like baby brain, but more unrewarding circumstances.

This is not the first time I've done this. :smith:

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps

spankmeister posted:

Larches has a habit of blueballing us and I refuse to congratulate him without him forking over the necessary details. :colbert:

He follows a pattern of goodnews badnews.

Good: left job
Bad: getting divorced
Good: :yotj:
Bad: some terrible poo poo TBA

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Swink posted:

He follows a pattern of goodnews badnews.

Good: left job
Bad: getting divorced
Bad: Its a literal cult. Doesn't worship anyone cool tho

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Bad: I started dating an exponentially out-of-my-league gorgeous Latino girl who also happens to be a giant turbo nerd.

It's really starting to grind my gears, I tell you.

Anyways, details. I didn't get the school job. I ended up getting an IT Director position at a factory. Leading a team of 4. I start first of the year, to give me a chance to finish moving into my new place and getting divorce paperwork finalized for the final stretch, but that's as much as I really know at this point. Gonna head in next week for some orientation.

It's all gonna be ok :unsmith:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Was this the girl who you met through her recently starting work at the station, who you discussed FF7 with? Does she still work there? Will we be getting stories? :unsmigghh:

Seriously though, congratulations! :)

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

larchesdanrew posted:

Cool and good stuff.

:neckbeard:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

Bad: I started dating an exponentially out-of-my-league gorgeous Latino girl who also happens to be a giant turbo nerd.

Anyways, details. I didn't get the school job. I ended up getting an IT Director position at a factory. Leading a team of 4. I start first of the year, to give me a chance to finish moving into my new place and getting divorce paperwork finalized for the final stretch, but that's as much as I really know at this point. Gonna head in next week for some orientation.

loving amazing, I'm so happy for you Larch.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:woop: About drat time things started looking up.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm telling you, its a cult. Its just waiting for you to lower your guard, then WHAM! Cult.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Or it's a Soylent Green factory.

or worse, a soylent factory

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Nonsense!

It's where they build the Buffalo drives. :shepface:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

larchesdanrew posted:

Do you have volcano insurance?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Found a perfectly good Latitude E6410 in the electronics recycling. Not a scratch on it, looks like it's been sitting in a docking station all its life. It's not from our company, so hello free laptop I guess.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

larchesdanrew posted:

Lurk-gradulations, larches. It's all good, you've got this :)

spog posted:

Do you have volcano insurance?
Get volcano and tsumani inurance, just to be safe

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Nonsense!

It's where they build the Buffalo drives. :shepface:

:eyepop:

Plot twist

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Ignimbrite posted:

Lurk-gradulations, larches. It's all good, you've got this :)

Get volcano and tsumani inurance, just to be safe

Is there such a thing as Buffalo insurance?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
This thread has ruined Buffalos for me. I didn't know anything about them before, but I can't help but smile when I see one now.

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Llab posted:

This thread has ruined Buffalos for me. I didn't know anything about them before, but I can't help but smile when I see one now.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Like I knew they existed, but I never knew what horrible pieces of poo poo they were. Now when I'm at Microcenter and I see them sitting there on the shelf I start laughing. Yeah, I get a lot of funny looks, but what do they know, right?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

larchesdanrew posted:

Congratulations. :)

And now when someone says "This is affecting production!" They might actually be right. :downs:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Hooray for larches!

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Backstory: A set of developers use a server for a shared workspace for working with Eclipse. I've pushed and pushed and pushed against this, but whatever - you can only do so much. At least it's not a production VM.

Ticket: "Folder Access"
Content: " when Eclipse tries to access this folder, it displays an error message:
WORKSPACE UNAVAILABLE.
Workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one"

HMMMM. I dunno champ. Maybe its "in use" by one of your buddies, sharing the same Eclipse installation, on the same server?
:shepicide:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

RFC2324 posted:

I'm telling you, its a cult. Its just waiting for you to lower your guard, then WHAM! Cult.

CLICKVENTURE: Join This Cult!

I’m just wild about Mischief Man

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

AlphaKretin posted:

Was this the girl who you met through her recently starting work at the station, who you discussed FF7 with? Does she still work there? Will we be getting stories? :unsmigghh:

^ This.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

larchesdanrew posted:

I am so excited for you and so scared for you :ohdear:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

larchesdanrew posted:

:unsmith:

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
I swapped out a RAID controller battery in a Nexsan unit which involves swapping the volumes over to the other controller and failing the other one to pop it.

Turns out this causes one of the linux boxes here to freak the gently caress out and crash. This should't have happened but I'm assuming it saw a change in the LUN mapping and promptly poo poo itself.

Also the battery looks like something the bomb squad would be very interested it. I need to remember to take it out of my bag before I fly home for Christmas.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

larchesdanrew posted:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

AlphaKretin posted:

Same girl. Stories will probably be boring. She's really chill and we have a lot in common and its going cool and all.

Work stories though. I'm Larchesdanrew. poo poo is bound to happen. :getin:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Awesome. You go get them tiger! Glad everything worked out for you in the end :unsmith:

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
I've got a nightly script that drifts password last set times so they don't expire on our users in the middle of the day. It runs and drops logs on one of my secondary domain controllers, so I c$ share in to take a look at the logs.

code:
Error: host unreachable

Uhhhhhh let's try rdp

code:
Error: host unreachable

Well is it talking to the other domain controllers??

code:
Error: replication failed to DC3.Foo last 5 times. 
   Last successful replication at 6:43:00

wheeeee :suicide:

Turns out because it was our lone physical DC and because no one changed the label from what it used to be before it was a DC when they cleaned out the racks this morning they saw it, went "that's not in use anymore", and unracked the box. Thankfully caught it before it got wiped and tossed.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Walked posted:

Backstory: A set of developers use a server for a shared workspace for working with Eclipse

:cawg:

I'm trying to get my company's devs to write better unit tests and write more testable code, and it's not easy. Always nice to be reminded that it could be so much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Che Delilas posted:

:cawg:

I'm trying to get my company's devs to write better unit tests and write more testable code, and it's not easy. Always nice to be reminded that it could be so much worse.

Wanting "Better tests" and "more testable code" still puts you head and shoulders above most of the industry.

• Locked thread