Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

apparently that's a mistranslation and it just meant "PS4-level platforms" or something. I really hope so :(

yeah the newspaper that reported on his new studio said "his new game will most likely be on sony's ps4" and sloppy translators read that as "his new game will be published by sony on the ps4"

but even then, there's no way it's not gonna be at least on ps4 unless it's like a mobile game or w/e

kojipro made the fox engine and that was designed with multiplatform ports in mind. if he got most of the brain trust that made the fox engine then it seems at least plausible that whatever game he makes next will also be multiplatform, unless sony snatchers him up for an exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i hope they get to use the fox engine for something because that thing is seriously amazing, my computer is garbage and mgsv looks and runs fabulously

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Ambivalent posted:

i hope they get to use the fox engine for something because that thing is seriously amazing, my computer is garbage and mgsv looks and runs fabulously

konami owns fox engine so the only thing it might ever get used for is pro evo soccer, assuming they haven't already killed that too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

even Konami is probably smart enough to license it out or sell it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I think every artist needs someone to keep them grounded but it's good that kojima left a company that made game designers do bathroom duty when they had no apparent use for them.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

shouldi get this game for ps4 or pc?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

tumor looking batty posted:

it plays great on pc, except for an annoying issue where to walk slowly you have to hold the walk button and he moves at his slowest speed, it also has better draw distance. also fob stuff is full of hackers, id probably suggest ps4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Someone's mad they can't play bloodborne

Yes

Benny D posted:

I think you're kind of missing the point

I'm not missing the point. I just don't know anyone with a PS4 and don't have one myself so whether he makes an exclusive or not it doesn't matter. It's just another game I won't get to play for a long time

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a PS4 because my computers were trash growing up and I gravitated towards consoles. It's too late for for me to change. You can use it as an excuse to buy a PS4 if you don't have one.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The song during the Quiet fight is really good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

tumor looking batty posted:

ive played it on both and its better on pc. on ps4 the menus load slower also for some reason

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

As long as Kojima keeps on the console market instead of mobile crap I dont care where he works

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He should definitely go to ninty and make a cool gimmick game like Boktai though

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rediscover posted:

ive played it on both and its better on pc. on ps4 the menus load slower also for some reason

The delay is very weird.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i didnt know that about the ps4 menus lol, that sounds infuriating

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He should definitely go to ninty and make a cool gimmick game like Boktai though

imagine a zelda game in the fox engine

or metroid

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine MGS6 in the Fox Engine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i didnt know that about the ps4 menus lol, that sounds infuriating

They ping a server or something because whenever you play online they're slow as balls in the chopper specifically but offline and everywhere else there's 0 issues

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

They ping a server or something because whenever you play online they're slow as balls in the chopper specifically but offline and everywhere else there's 0 issues

oh yeah, i remember this on pc but i thought they patched it because it stopped happening after a while

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

So the deadline for the nuke disarmament came and went and nothing happened, right?

That's actually pretty Awesome. makes me "feel the feel of a phantom pain", just like they say int he game, you know? pretty cool.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I still can't find the leopard tortoise it's my last one

e: oh poo poo found it

4 inch cut no femmes fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 16, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

please do not torment me like this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm actually really excited to see Kojima do something completely new. Although we'll never get to see Silent Hills, P.T. was still super intense and I want to see what else he can come up with

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hopefully Kojima just makes Silent Hills under the name Quiet Humps and they get the Fox engine license

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Hopefully Kojima just makes Silent Hills under the name Quiet Humps and they get the Fox engine license

I bet Konami already trademarked the name Quiet Humps for one of their pachinko machines.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

BigPoot posted:

I bet Konami already trademarked the name Quiet Humps for one of their pachinko machines.

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BigPoot posted:

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BigPoot posted:

Hgahaaha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

So the deadline for the nuke disarmament came and went and nothing happened, right?

That's actually pretty Awesome. makes me "feel the feel of a phantom pain", just like they say int he game, you know? pretty cool.

Was there a deadline

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BigPoot posted:

rack em

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm actually really excited to see Kojima do something completely new. Although we'll never get to see Silent Hills, P.T. was still super intense and I want to see what else he can come up with

Truly, the era of Sneakmans has co me to a close.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Was there a deadline

Thought it was December sometime. YMMV.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Good for him

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i hope konami lets him use the fox engine even if he has to pay to license it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

At this point I'm pretty sure they have a clause in the licensing agreement that specifically says you can't use our poo poo if hideo Kojima is anywhere near it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Maybe we'll get a fully-realized ZOE-type big robot game

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

BigPoot posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i just noticed the deers are loving on plutonis hat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

i just noticed the deers are loving on plutonis hat

*makes the Randy Marsh face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002