Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

Personal experience my friend

oh come on, you can't have visited every place on that list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Dyna Soar posted:

oh come on, you can't have visited every place on that list

its true, there's no way I'd visit a place as desolate and bad as sweden but I've seen the pictures

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
finland loving sucks

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

finland loving sucks

past 5 years have been pretty annoying yeah

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

kikkelivelho posted:

Sweden's not number one so it can't be that.

Let's not pretend that Finland isn't completely dependent on Sweden for history, identity and cultural heritage. You know this in your hearts, if not intellectually. Take Sweden out of Finland, and you're left with what, exactly? What Finnish cities are there not built and/or founded by industrious, high minded Swedes? What monuments have you got that do not celebrate Swedish glory? What stories can you tell, that do not involve your Swedish betters? What art is there? Peel the Swede away, and you're left with, at best, a few soggy Karelian mud huts, a made up language and rampant Finnish heritage disease.

You will always have a special place in our hearts (first among the lower races to be uplifted and enlightened by us, as you were) and our love is, have been, and will remain unconditional. Is it really too much to ask, that you give credit where it is due? Can you not find this in your shrunken, black bog-hearts?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
If they hadnt been dragged down by the swede, finland would have been a boggy japan by now

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Let's not pretend that Finland isn't completely dependent on Sweden for history, identity and cultural heritage. You know this in your hearts, if not intellectually. Take Sweden out of Finland, and you're left with what, exactly? What Finnish cities are there not built and/or founded by industrious, high minded Swedes? What monuments have you got that do not celebrate Swedish glory? What stories can you tell, that do not involve your Swedish betters? What art is there? Peel the Swede away, and you're left with, at best, a few soggy Karelian mud huts, a made up language and rampant Finnish heritage disease.

You will always have a special place in our hearts (first among the lower races to be uplifted and enlightened by us, as you were) and our love is, have been, and will remain unconditional. Is it really too much to ask, that you give credit where it is due? Can you not find this in your shrunken, black bog-hearts?

Yeah. But that's in the past and so are you, dream about your high minded past while while we try to get as far as we can from your falling empire.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Yeah. But that's in the past and so are you, dream about your high minded past while while we try to get as far as we can from your falling empire.

Nothing would make us more proud! Just imagine: the Finn, having finally left the nest, leathery bog-wings spread, soaring, on his own - what a sight!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

rear end cobra posted:

If they hadnt been dragged down by the swede, finland would have been a boggy japan by now

I'd be down with an alt-history where finns remain an uncontacted people, like certain tribes deep in the amazonian jungle that have been 100% insular for tens of thousands of years.

The world would be better off not having experienced finnish culture and finnish culture would be better off w/o foreign ideas of sunshine, happiness, etc setting unattainable goals for the bogman.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

there is no finland, really. there's west-sweden and east-sweden. you're right that the whole finnish culture, religion and society were formed when we were a part of sweden. like apes and humans are descended from a common ancestor so are modern sweden and finland. but, living under the russians for a 100 years and a 100 years of independence has changed us so much that we're not really that similar anymore.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Everything was bog. Everything will return to the bog. Silly your dreams of sunshine and the higher mind.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
How much sunlight does glorious finland get at the moment?
My swamp gets ~7.5 hours at the moment. Very interested in moving to a swamp that gets less annoying sunlight.

#swampliving

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Here are Finnish real estate listings, for the curious.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Everything was bog. Everything will return to the bog. Silly your dreams of sunshine and the higher mind.

Put this in a brochure!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
20 foreigners have integrated in a record time: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1450145588862.html

some asylum seekers had got drunk in a reception center and started to fight and one even pulled a knife out and was put in jail

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

little known fact: stargate's unas were inspired by finns

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It warms my shrunken, vitamin D deprived heart to see them embrace their new home so thoroughly.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

20 foreigners have integrated in a record time: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1450145588862.html

lol

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I want to read more about the refugees who toughed it out and turned into snorabs.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Hogge Wild posted:

some asylum seekers had got drunk in a reception center and started to fight and one even pulled a knife out and was put in jail

Swedes should look into hiring some consultants from Finland, this is how you integrate asylum seekers with minimal cultural conflict.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

What monuments have you got that do not celebrate Swedish glory?

We have several that celebrate various Russian Czars

owned :smug:

Rattus Amicus
Mar 8, 2007

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i wish it was summer again

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

fingoons.jpg :finland:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

a rare photo of finns smiling: the thought of being so close to death by hypothermia has induced a new strange feeling

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
http://www.norbalwet.org/our-wetlands/sweden/

well, well, well

looks like we have found our long lost bog brothers (or maybe bög brother would be more accurate for swedes)

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

You're my favourite fake swede.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
there was a 10-part tv documentary about the swedishness of finland that aired on YLE a year or two ago. it was really good and came to the conclusion that finland = sweden.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Why is the Baltic Sea called Itämeri in Finnish?

think about it

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Herman Merman posted:

Why is the Baltic Sea called Itämeri in Finnish?

think about it

direct translation from swedish, prob. had a different name for the coastal populations pre-swedish rule

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

That name was forced upon us by Sweden, we wanted to call it Bög Barrier

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
a classic Finnish dish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-qFThVu5I&t=259s

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I spent 90 minutes last night going from sauna to ice water tank in an attempt to feel something.

Then I almost ran over a reindeer in the darkness, it was 3 pm.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Free Market Mambo posted:

I spent 90 minutes last night going from sauna to ice water tank in an attempt to feel something.

Then I almost ran over a reindeer in the darkness, it was 3 pm.

I'm sure you'll hit it next time. Just keep on trying.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm so hungry

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Here you go Finland. Just what you bog dwellers want:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/12055542/Norway-launches-campaign-to-give-Finland-a-mountain.html

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Why would creature from the black lagoon need a mountian

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

etalian posted:

Why would creature from the black lagoon need a mountian

so the finn can finally engage in sky burials, as their ancestors once did

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Only if they rename it the Spurdo Spire.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

What the gently caress will we do with a mountain peak, can't even drink it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Double Bill posted:

What the gently caress will we do with a mountain peak, can't even drink it

new immigration center location

• Locked thread