Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i think this is the end of smash dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lol yea the smash dlc part of the eshop is down

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the jeanne costume is jsut a palate for one of the bayo costumes.

also i cannot find my cable what charges my pro controllers.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played some fg and it seems the kong is still strong :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its sad but they supported the game with major balance patches and new characters+stages for over a full year and that's more than most games.

i would kill for actual loving costume DLC and not the miifighter bullshit though. ill never know why they refused to make easy money on that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

its sad but they supported the game with major balance patches and new characters+stages for over a full year and that's more than most games.

i would kill for actual loving costume DLC and not the miifighter bullshit though. ill never know why they refused to make easy money on that

Perhaps sakurai is an ho orable man and not a scheming shylock lile oni of street fighter fame

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the bayo gameplay looks incredible. in training is right when he says she plays exactly like in the videogame

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

the bayo gameplay looks incredible. in training is right when he says she plays exactly like in the videogame
Most of the Smash characters do, and it's amazing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Most of the Smash characters do, and it's amazing.

Her and Ryu are the most noticeable but the latter isnt that impressive since hes from a FG originally

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Perhaps sakurai is an ho orable man and not a scheming shylock lile oni of street fighter fame

he was super anti-paid extra content and at the game's launch on 3ds he was all "we have no plans for DLC, because i only make complete games"

i want him to know i'd pay a billion dollars + suck his dick for all of Samus' suits, but he prob knows this and doesnt care

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

he was super anti-paid extra content and at the game's launch on 3ds he was all "we have no plans for DLC, because i only make complete games"

i want him to know i'd pay a billion dollars + suck his dick for all of Samus' suits, but he prob knows this and doesnt care

i like the part of the video at the end where hes thanking people for buying the dlc and admits selling dlc asap is better money than taking the time to do it afterwards but they didnt want to do that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the bayonetta trailer had me laughing so hard i had tears in my eyes

Soral
May 30, 2009

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

elf help book posted:

the bayonetta trailer had me laughing so hard i had tears in my eyes

hearing "oh look, it seems i missed an angel" was the best way to introduce her

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i like the part of the video at the end where hes thanking people for buying the dlc and admits selling dlc asap is better money than taking the time to do it afterwards but they didnt want to do that

That was a nice middle finger to other triple A devs lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

rest in peace to our friends snake, pichu, and wolf

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

poo poo

SHIIIT

i think my smash WiiU disc is scratched :smith:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Some ideas I had that would really improve the series:

-keep zooming out the camera like in brawl, just keep zooming out until you can barely see the pixels of the characters. Now that's the appropriate camera distance for a fighting game.

-make it so that you can only play as Mii fighters in the base game and if you want the classic characters you have to buy the amiibos of them

-remove all local multiplayer

-make it so you have to subscribe to NintendoOnline subscription service to play online multiplayer

-let people vote for new characters so they have to have Sanic and characters from Undertale etc. be in the game

Well those are all the improvements I could think of but if I come up with more I'll let y'all know.

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 16, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

otoh hes making an ad for the new fire emblem

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

otoh hes making an ad for the new fire emblem

Classic coin theory

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Her and Ryu are the most noticeable but the latter isnt that impressive since hes from a FG originally

Do not imply that smahs is a "real " fighting game. FUUUUUUUIIUUUUUUUU! Lmao im saltynow

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Soral posted:

rest in peace to our friends snake, pichu, and wolf

i have to believe that snake was on the top of the ballot characters that were on the list but not possible and it has to be 100% konamis fault

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i have to believe that snake was on the top of the ballot characters that were on the list but not possible and it has to be 100% konamis fault

i imagine the US ballot looked like this

1. Snake
2. Goku
3. Cloud
4. Bayo
5. shadow or knuckles or some poo poo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I imagine bayo was at tje top because shes epic!!!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Do not imply that smahs is a "real " fighting game. FUUUUUUUIIUUUUUUUU! Lmao im saltynow

they didn't even say it in the direct, they called it a competitive action game lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no they will not posted:

they didn't even say it in the direct, they called it a competitive action game lol

i can name a few other "competitive action games" that have way more heroes, idiots

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk if i wanna play smash or replay bayo 2 now

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

elf help book posted:

i can name a few other "competitive action games" that have way more heroes, idiots

your'e right. nintendo SHOULD make a moba.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

idk if i wanna play smash or replay bayo 2 now
Replay Bayonetta 2 in preparation for making her your new main.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

drat if the new Smash Bros was a MOBA I would cream my pantalones, only way this series could get anymore Awesome.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Paper Triangle posted:

your'e right. nintendo SHOULD make a moba.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

im still disappointed about the 6th fire emblem character

Soral
May 30, 2009

if sakurai was insistent on adding a 6th fire emblem character he should have at least added a character that fans would actually like to see......... you see a lot of people asking for chrom or lyn or whatever other anime character but i've never in my life ever heard of someone asking for corrin to be in smash

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Soral posted:

if sakurai was insistent on adding a 6th fire emblem character he should have at least added a character that fans would actually like to see......... you see a lot of people asking for chrom or lyn or whatever other anime character but i've never in my life ever heard of someone asking for corrin to be in smash

that's because the game corrin is in hasn't been released yet

edit: games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Didn't they first localize a fire emblem because marth and roy in melee were so popular... putting a character in smash is good for selling games

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

FWIW, the more fire emblem characters the better IMO, really they should be the only new characters they add.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Corrin's gimmick at least makes him more unique than the other sword users

• Locked thread