Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the bloodtinge character I took through all three endings up into ng+++ and beat all the chalice dungeons with to get the platinum was some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

the bloodtinge character I took through all three endings up into ng+++ and beat all the chalice dungeons with to get the platinum was some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game

Doo U have to use the chikage to make it worthwhile? whats the appeal of a blood tinge spec

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did the first platinum and dlc with my one character pretty much mainlining the saw, lhb then burial blade the whole time. I leveled a chikage to +10 but ended up beating Laurence and kos with the burial blade cause I know it so well. Lv 196 with skill and blood at 50 and everything else at least 30. Ng++

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
really wish burial blade wasn't mainly ng+...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hey guys. Im at Cathedral Ward right now, just beat the Blood Starved Beast. When's the next checkpoint after this falling section? Having to do this every time and then dying to the sack dude kinda sucks..... there didnt look like thwre was a path in the other two doors, this bottom area is the only new bit that's open, aside from the prison thing that I dont have a hope at beating right now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

i mean, im extra burnt out on chalices at the moment, but its fair to say that theyre the worst content in the game

They frwakin stink lol!!!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I just realized i dont have enough blood vials to make it all the way down. QQ. I guess Ill go grinding again lol.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

Hey guys. Im at Cathedral Ward right now, just beat the Blood Starved Beast. When's the next checkpoint after this falling section? Having to do this every time and then dying to the sack dude kinda sucks..... there didnt look like thwre was a path in the other two doors, this bottom area is the only new bit that's open, aside from the prison thing that I dont have a hope at beating right now.

Uh u buy the gate opening item for 10k bloods or u fall from upper cathedral ward to the back entramce to the big cathedral. Theres a check ppi t in the abandoned workshop so u dont have to star from.oedon chapel over and over of thats what yr talking about

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

mysterious loyall X posted:

Uh u buy the gate opening item for 10k bloods or u fall from upper cathedral ward to the back entramce to the big cathedral. Theres a check ppi t in the abandoned workshop so u dont have to star from.oedon chapel over and over of thats what yr talking about

What gate? Theres like 10 different gates that Ive found I cant keep track of them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you beat the blood starved beast, go to the cathedral ward lamp. looking straight ahead, there's a new path to the right. it'll take you to an elevator and you can explore that area. you might need to do some platforming and drop down through some stuff.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

What gate? Theres like 10 different gates that Ive found I cant keep track of them.

The big gate right up the big stairwell from oedon chaoel thay says gives u a message about needing an item or something, idk its prettu self explanatory. Or u can do the droppong down rafters section and skip buyimg the item. Once all the shortcuts are open the run from catjedral ward chapel lamp to the boss is like 20 seconds

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The big gate right up the big stairwell from oedon chaoel thay says gives u a message about needing an item or something, idk its prettu self explanatory. Or u can do the droppong down rafters section and skip buyimg the item. Once all the shortcuts are open the run from catjedral ward chapel lamp to the boss is like 20 seconds

Ok cool. Ill buy the itwm i guess bc Im tired of messing up the falling section bc Im too impatient.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally got plat. All I had left after playing the game back in March/April was getting the two non-umbilical endings, which I just did in the last couple days. First game I actually liked enough to bother getting every trophy for :toot:

Now to keep playing a whole lot

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

U might need to beat the cleric beast to be able to buy the door item idk. But if u beat blood starved beast u should be fine qith.cleric

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

U might need to beat the cleric beast to be able to buy the door item idk. But if u beat blood starved beast u should be fine qith.cleric

You do need to kill cleric beast to buy the door opening thing i don't remember the name of, this is correct

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I went up the big staircase out the main entrence and tried to use the emblem on the massive gate... Do u gotta activate it from ur inventory or something? It's not working...

E: Nevermind, I found it. It was through the other door. drat there's a lot of gates in this game.

Austrian mook fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 15, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's like, one gate

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's at least 3 gates in Cathedral Ward.

One thing I've never figured out is how to open the door in Cathedral Ward past the monocular area in the room with a bunch of pots and a blood gem inside a treasure chest. What is even through that door?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

There's at least 3 gates in Cathedral Ward.

One thing I've never figured out is how to open the door in Cathedral Ward past the monocular area in the room with a bunch of pots and a blood gem inside a treasure chest. What is even through that door?

i think someone figured out it's just the other side of the Cleric Beast's boss arena? might be thinking of something else.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's the most useless shortcut ever lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

theres one half way down if u fall on the right planks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

That's the most useless shortcut ever lol.

I believe it was a planned shortcut at some point that was cut or something. But yeah, geometry wise the bridge you can see from where the monocle is is the cleric beast bridge.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

its a bit dangerous to do on the little platforms, but its worth noting that you always take less fall damage if you hit roll as soon as you land

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just did shadows on ng++ in full beast mode and it was incredibly sick. That flying leap is soooooooo good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol I cannot beat Living Failures on sl4 now

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol I cannot beat Living Failures on sl4 now

try the loch shield ... i havent tried it yet so i dont know if its any good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

try the loch shield ... i havent tried it yet so i dont know if its any good

it cuts the damage from those meteors in half but if you have default vit it'll still loving kill you lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't there a special visceral for beast mode or did I imagine that

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Playing in beast mode makes me really hope there's some kind of item/gloves in dark souls 3 that lets me play as a monk or w/e. I'm imagining a bloodborne set that fights kinda like beast claws but when you transform it switches to roundhouse kicks or something

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it cuts the damage from those meteors in half but if you have default vit it'll still loving kill you lol

the meteors are easy to avoid .. the slow mo call beyond and big hadokens are probably the bigger danger

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's the instant kill slaps + headbutts.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

It's the instant kill slaps + headbutts.

the headbutts suck but only the caster guys do the headbutts in my experience so u can avoid attacking them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Woot I did it. Now it's Maria time.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do you think orphan will be harder than Ludwig EE?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

Do you think orphan will be harder than Ludwig EE?

I've gotta see the damage I do to him to make that call. A long phase 2 sounds ridiculous to me but I think phase 1 will be fine.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
one of marias moves in her bloody sword phase is bugged so beware if youre planning to parry her. basically its the one that does fire damage, if u parry it u still get hit with the fire.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if the hunter's dream isn't on fire and you've killed maria in the DLC, go talk to the doll :)

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

My Bloodborbe Old Hunters collectors game guide came in the mail :woop:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can already tell that maria's going to be super fun on sl4. Can't wait to keep trying tomorrow.

also here's living failures https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMUpt2wLEo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

one of marias moves in her bloody sword phase is bugged so beware if youre planning to parry her. basically its the one that does fire damage, if u parry it u still get hit with the fire.

that happens a bunch with certain enemies' attacks to the point where im not convinced its a bug