Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
What is MC for? I have 20000 of it and a founders Atlas.

E: What's the best thing to buy with MC?

E2: got a founders account from a friend, but support said they won't change the name. Supposedly they will add a name change option in January.

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bait and Swatch posted:

Nothing. MC is kind of poo poo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

You can buy crap to put in your cockpit, or fancy colors to bling out your mech I guess.

The exchange rate on MC to actual items is pretty poo poo from what I've seen. For all of my founders MC combined, I could buy maybe 1 mech bundle. Maybe.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Bait and Swatch posted:

At best, mech bays if you need 'em. Hopefully when they go on sale, mebbe this Xmas even.
Only buy one-shot camo tho, it doesn't make sense to spend 750-1250 MC for three robots when you can spend 450 MC total to make them pretty.
Colors (maybe?).
A Huggin if you're going Ravens, an Anasi if your going Spiders (the 5V is that bad, skip it), a Pirate's Bane if you go Locust, a Death's Knell if you're GOING COMMANDO (har har har!).
The Jade Falcon warhorn. Never not squawk.

e: NOTHING ELSE.

I bought an Awesome 8V with MC my 1st month while drunk. DO NOT YODA THIS UP FOR YOU TOO.

armchairyoda fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 16, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I remember you complaining about that back in the day. :allears:

Jade Falcon warhorns own.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

armchairyoda posted:

I bought an Awesome 8V with MC my 1st month while drunk. DO NOT YODA THIS UP FOR YOU TOO.

is buying mechs with MC a specifically bad idea (apart from the 'why spend real money on shooty bots')?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Anticheese posted:

I remember you complaining about that back in the day. :allears:

Still do. Also, still probably drunk.

I own a Jenner/Hunchback IIC.

SoftNum posted:

is buying mechs with MC a specifically bad idea (apart from the 'why spend real money on shooty bots')?

YES. Do not do it unless you're hella-rich and don't mind supporting half-assed development decisions. :smithicide:

e: Or you're really drunk.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

teepo posted:

mother fuckers

This one isn't too far off: Fwub'n'run, but ammo will be a problem.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

armchairyoda posted:

YES. Do not do it unless you're hella-rich and don't mind supporting half-assed development decisions. :smithicide:

e: Or you're really drunk.

Get really drunk and buy robutts with hideous paint jobs.

Got it.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

SoftNum posted:

Some gimmick hero mech can be fun, but you will slowly earn MC through events, so you don't need to buy any if you are patient. Keep in mind that when you buy a mech for c-bills, they will default to MC if you have any. Always be sure to check you aren't about to spend MC on a normal mech.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Nice to see this patch brought back 5 minute match load times for me.

EDIT: And a 5 minute load into the Mechlab after a match.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 16, 2015

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=275&l=bdf0361094ebbc47642cd318ddcec08fea4872b9

I made an urbanmech. This is my elite tier 1 machine of choice.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

armchairyoda posted:

At best, mech bays if you need 'em. Hopefully when they go on sale, mebbe this Xmas even.
Only buy one-shot camo tho, it doesn't make sense to spend 750-1250 MC for three robots when you can spend 450 MC total to make them pretty.
Colors (maybe?).
A Huggin if you're going Ravens, an Anasi if your going Spiders (the 5V is that bad, skip it), a Pirate's Bane if you go Locust, a Death's Knell if you're GOING COMMANDO (har har har!).
The Jade Falcon warhorn. Never not squawk.

e: NOTHING ELSE.

he said 20,000 not 2,000 :confused:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Commoners posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=275&l=bdf0361094ebbc47642cd318ddcec08fea4872b9

I give this "doesn't have an AC20" out of 10.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I give this "doesn't have an AC20" out of 10.

That's why I gave it 3 ERPPCs to make up for not having an AC20

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

EoRaptor posted:

This one isn't too far off: Fwub'n'run, but ammo will be a problem.

Why not copy most Cheater builds and drop to a single JJ for extra ammo?

Also, GIRLs remember to All Chat "GIRL POWER" after every kill. This supporst Riyott, and by extension our armed forces, but more importantly it leads to more people complaining about "that one guy" who spams "that one thing he spams OMG". Then you ask what he spams, they say "girl power", and you politely ask them not to spam girl power a mere nanosecond before your entire goon team spams "GIRL POWER" and utterly wrecks their entire lineup.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 16, 2015

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Quick question: is an XL300 used in any build?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

Its one of the most useful XL engines since a huge number of mechs can use it. IS XLs have fallen out of favor lately but it's still good for screwing around.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That Italian Guy posted:

A select few light mechs.

Jenner

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 16, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The Clan Wolf skin, combined with Marik colours, is incredible for looking pink and fabulous on the battlefield.

I've been introducing myself loudly as Commander Anticheese of the Word of Lowtax, driving the pink whatever. It's great.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Commoners posted:

I would like to drop with you in my Cicada.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=37&l=d913b553079770f61678e30726daac7f00dbcd11

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Banano posted:

he said 20,000 not 2,000 :confused:

Yeah, you dulcet-toned Rico Sua-ve... I has maths. Keep the rest for when you sell the account, or if :pgi: continue to get their poo poo together.

I'm really not that hopeful tho. :smith:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Anticheese posted:

The Clan Wolf skin, combined with Marik colours, is incredible for looking pink and fabulous on the battlefield.

I've been introducing myself loudly as Commander Anticheese of the Word of Lowtax, driving the pink whatever. It's great.

Tipping my hat to you, good sir. :squawk:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Beet Wagon posted:

Pretty much everything TheB33f does in MWO is amazing. I actually had the honor of getting rekt by his 12 ERPPC Dire Wolf a couple nights ago.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
Hmm should I just sell off my Catapults? After not playing for 2 years it seems like they don't really hold up anymore.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
hunchback iic trip report

max engine, 2x UAC10, 5 tons of ammo is fun. not super optimal but fun

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kalion posted:

Hmm should I just sell off my Catapults? After not playing for 2 years it seems like they don't really hold up anymore.

PGI tweeted that they are doing a rescaling pass, with the catapult first up. Keep them until at least that happens, they may get enough of a survivability boost from that to be viable. Or not.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 16, 2015

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Anybody else having issues with the Steam version of the client freezing on launch after the update?

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Welp, since the Founder Atlas doesn't have enough missile hardpoints to truckernaut properly I used some spare stuff hanging around to make something a little different. I have decided to call it the Wublas 10X. Because it has two large pulse lasers and two LB10X's, you see. Now that the netcode is much improved and I can actually hit light mechs relatively often, these LBX's I bought 4 years ago are finally good! Maybe! I don't know if they have any bonus crit seeking ability the way that machine guns do, or just get more crit rolls by virtue of spraying 10 pellets, but they're doing a nice enough job.

I'm also thinking of turning my free King Crab into a sort of makeshift version of the trial Direwolf. No medium lasers, but two arm-mounted gauss rifles and two large pulse lasers can do some work. The medium lasers are kind of a heat trap anyway, at least on the Direwolf. I just haven't done it yet because I'm trying desperately to keep myself from spending C-Bills until I can afford a Timberwolf. I think I might just try and sock away a ton of C-Bills in case a decent enough holiday sale lets me pick up both -wolves at a steep discount. Of course, I'm also considering doing the most shameful thing: Getting that Heavy Mech steam bundle for a 30% C-Bill boost Timberwolf.

Looking over all the 'freebies' that come in the steam bundles it's... actually a pretty good deal (provided you consider anything in the game worth giving PGI more money).

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The LB10-X does indeed have extra crit seeking

All LB-X autocannons do

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zaodai posted:

Anybody else having issues with the Steam version of the client freezing on launch after the update?

Turned out to just need some finagling with my antivirus and the patch. Seems to be working OK now.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Great Beer posted:

Its one of the most useful XL engines since a huge number of mechs can use it. IS XLs have fallen out of favor lately but it's still good for screwing around.

I guess that would explain why I have one of them around... Too bad, since I've bought a D-DC but I've misjudged how expensive it was going to be to pimp it up properly and I was looking for property to sell. 2.6mils for a St350 :( Dropping with an St300 feels sso sluggish!

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Now that I have an Urbanmech it is beautiful. Nevermind that I spent like 5 times its actual cost on giving it DHS/Endo/Ferro, nevermind that I basically can only keep up with the mediums, nevermind that I only have 2 large lasers and 4 machine guns...

No one cares about me. I can just walk behind people, strip their back with lasers, and put them cherry red with MGs before they even realize what is happening.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

That Italian Guy posted:

I guess that would explain why I have one of them around... Too bad, since I've bought a D-DC but I've misjudged how expensive it was going to be to pimp it up properly and I was looking for property to sell. 2.6mils for a St350 :( Dropping with an St300 feels sso sluggish!

I use a 340 and it's fine.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Never not Steiner Scout Lance in Assault. 2 DDCs. 1 Dire Whale. 1 Centurion. Maximum base cap/bringing all the reds over to us piecemeal.

The best part? No playing grab rear end by the central tower plaza platform thingie.

Or was the best part shooting at a Griffin, it moving past, and my DDC basically taking an Urbie out seconds before I realized it was even there?

Some of the changes over the last month or so are pretty decent. I was doing well this morning but I dunno if its because of an influx of new pubbies because of Steam, mostly playing other regional people instead of whoever is usually pushing my poo poo in on evenings EST, or only a couple goons so the matchmaker wasn't putting me against players way out of my league.

The voting however is similar to our modern US presidential election campaign in that voters seem to pick mostly the shittiest choices to the point one wonders if its some Producers level poo poo going on. Seriously, Skirmish is rear end.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I can't bring my custom Timber Wolf into faction play, but I can bring my Griffin. Anyone know what's up with that?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Now that I have an Urbanmech it is beautiful. Nevermind that I spent like 5 times its actual cost on giving it DHS/Endo/Ferro, nevermind that I basically can only keep up with the mediums, nevermind that I only have 2 large lasers and 4 machine guns...

No one cares about me. I can just walk behind people, strip their back with lasers, and put them cherry red with MGs before they even realize what is happening.

You are piloting the Best Mech. Godspeed.

I also like the hero version with 3 medium lasers and an AC/5.

Remember: every time you core an assault during face time - they just saw the joke mech pissing on their robot corpse.

You can do some pretty cool things with the 360 degree torso twist too. You'll see :v:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Justin Credible posted:

I can't bring my custom Timber Wolf into faction play, but I can bring my Griffin. Anyone know what's up with that?

If you're in an IS group, you cannot bring Clan mechs to CW and vice versa.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Thought it might be something like that but it's not well-documented in-game. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
I'd like the mumble info if someone would be so kind.

• Locked thread