Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Who wants working elevators int heir settlement?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6053/

I do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

LumberingTroll posted:

Who wants working elevators int heir settlement?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6053/

I do!

God loving damnit, I was almost done with this poo poo, now I've got to revamp everywhere with these. I'm going to be level 100 before I finish the main quest...

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

moot the hopple posted:

Better Armor and Weapon naming and sorting. Changes the naming convention so that the base item is always listed first (e.g. "Hunting Rifle", "Combat Armor Left Arm") followed by mod effects. More importantly, it supposedly distinguishes between the Regular, Sturdy, and Heavy versions of armor when they are found with preexisting mods (in base game this information is left out). I don't think any of the other UI inventory sorters currently do this.

You apparently need to apply any weapon/armor mod to preexisting gear for this to work, but any newly found loot will have the new naming convention.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4878

Another mod that does something similar.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So question. When the gently caress do I start seeing Legendaries. I'm on the quest to get to Diamond City with the 50x Legendary Spawn Rate esp on, and I saw NONE. I even went ahead and had the Legendary Rarity 100 mod.

Are Legendaries level-locked or is the mod not working with the newest patch.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bob NewSCART posted:

Two questions, why is pleasant UIs health bar glitching out with little black squares every time I look around/move?

And are there any mods that let you sleep in power armour yet?

Anyone?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

widespread posted:

So question. When the gently caress do I start seeing Legendaries. I'm on the quest to get to Diamond City with the 50x Legendary Spawn Rate esp on, and I saw NONE. I even went ahead and had the Legendary Rarity 100 mod.

Make sure plugins.txt is set to read only or you're bypassing the launcher.

But yes there've been a bunch of reports of people not seeing legendaries at very low levels.

E: for reference I run with rarity at 5% and 5x legendaries and I see tons of legendaries.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Make sure plugins.txt is set to read only or you're bypassing the launcher.

But yes there've been a bunch of reports of people not seeing legendaries at very low levels.

E: for reference I run with rarity at 5% and 5x legendaries and I see tons of legendaries.

You mean the FalloutPrefs.ini thing? Because I don't even remember a plugins.txt.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

widespread posted:

You mean the FalloutPrefs.ini thing? Because I don't even remember a plugins.txt.

I do not, which is why it isn't working! Assuming you're using Nexus Mod Manager there's a really simple way to make sure things work.

Install F4SE and launch the game through the script extender. The newest patch resets plugins.txt every time you hit the launcher splash screen, and plugins.txt is what tells the game what mods to load. It's located in local appdata, so you can always set it to read only.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

I do not, which is why it isn't working! Assuming you're using Nexus Mod Manager there's a really simple way to make sure things work.

Install F4SE and launch the game through the script extender. The newest patch resets plugins.txt every time you hit the launcher splash screen, and plugins.txt is what tells the game what mods to load. It's located in local appdata, so you can always set it to read only.

You assumed wrong, I'm using the old F4MM from before NMM and MO worked.

But I guess I'll look up the appdata for the right thing.

E: It's set to Read-Only already.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

widespread posted:

You assumed wrong, I'm using the old F4MM from before NMM and MO worked.

Well you should probably switch over, but in any event just make sure you're bypassing the launcher and you should be set.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

While I have seen them at low levels, they usually tend to be roaches or molerats. when you get to 10 or so, things get a bit more proper.

i run with the 100% chance, occasionally get a group of raiders or whatever with a couple of legendary's, however, its the guys with power armor or missile launchers, as opposed to the legendarys that I am wary of.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

isndl posted:

If you're using Curie, she's apparently missing the stealth perks that the other companions have.

Wasn't there a fix for this posted somewhere?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Well you should probably switch over, but in any event just make sure you're bypassing the launcher and you should be set.

And I'm now switched over to the NMM. Bypassed the launcher and whatnot.

staberind posted:

While I have seen them at low levels, they usually tend to be roaches or molerats. when you get to 10 or so, things get a bit more proper.

i run with the 100% chance, occasionally get a group of raiders or whatever with a couple of legendary's, however, its the guys with power armor or missile launchers, as opposed to the legendarys that I am wary of.

Oh, I'm Level 6. Four more levels until Legendaries swarm the Commonwealth I guess!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there a way to easily check if you have any mod conflicts? I just realized I went wild downloading and stuff might conflict and gooooood I don't want to check all this manually.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Does anyone have any cool/unique ways to set up their turrets so they don't feel so out in the open? I like how raiders/etc usually have them tucked behind sandbags- but even though I have SSEx and Homemaker, I don't feel like I'm seeing anything that fits the bill, but I'm pretty bad at settlement design still.

Also, do your settlers trip the trap defenses (tesla arcs) if they step on the pressure plates or whatever? If so, how do you keep those primed for bad guy defenses?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

FO4Edit is suddenly giving the error message "Fatal: could not find ini". I don't THINK I've done anything horrible, why is it doing this?

e: never mind, apparently the game inexplicably got very upset and needed to refresh my ini files despite them being in working order :shrug:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 16, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Is there a way to easily check if you have any mod conflicts? I just realized I went wild downloading and stuff might conflict and gooooood I don't want to check all this manually.

Open FO4edit and apply a filter for cleaning.

E: no idea about that Ini issue

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

LumberingTroll posted:

Can someone give me some help with Percise Object moving?

Ive got autohotkey installed, started the game, alt-tabbed, ran the script file which loads AH, I opened the Window Spy, I can see that it is seeing the ahk_class Fallout4, but when in game I open console left click an object I want to move but the numb pad keys just enter their regular number into the console, not the script.

Did you get this working?
If not I suspect you've got the order reversed, load the AH key first and then start the game. That's how I've been doing it at least and it's been fine.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Amstrad posted:

Did you get this working?
If not I suspect you've got the order reversed, load the AH key first and then start the game. That's how I've been doing it at least and it's been fine.

Nope and Ive tried both, I also tried the version that doesn't check what app is running and used it on notepad and that works I can see the commands getting typed. I wonder if its because I am using Mod Organizer, I dont know why that would matter though, the Window Spy still sees Fo4.

Edit:
I got it figures out, I had to set the AH exe to run as administrator, now it works fine.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 16, 2015

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Do you have an AMD video card and the latest drivers? 'Cause the compass is bugged under Crimson, and the fix is to grab a couple of the DLLs from an earlier version and drop them in the game folder, like so.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Amstrad, your mod is basically a godsend for helping to making not-lovely-looking marketplaces.

Have you considered using different objects for the different merchants, though, like you did with the clinic? Like clipboards, cutting boards, ammo boxes, etc. so each merchant isn't just standing in front of a cash register.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Adjusted Encounter Zones fucks saves, too, at least for me. So that guy is not on a winning record for me and being able to load the game.

Removing that mod lets me load saves that are CTDing

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Modifying anything to do with map cells causes corruption at the moment, even if made in fo4edit

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Are the encounter zones actually part of the cells? That makes sense but I dont know much about modding really.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

They are part of world map properties and apparently whatever format/structure/construction xedit uses for them isn't totally stable with the fallout 4 engine.

Same deal with editing weapon modules, but nobody's suffered any ill effects from those mods (so far)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Do you still need to make plugins.txt read-only after installing any mod to make sure the game doesn't reset it? Or can you just install a mod with a manager and go now?

e: It looks like nexus mod manager is now setting it to read-only on its own after activating a mod. Cool.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 16, 2015

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Give us the geck

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

F4CK in february, probably later if they decide they haven't stripped down their clusterfuck to enough unusability yet

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the craftable chinese stealth armor in Armorsmith Extended doesn't actually make you invisible, it makes the armor invisible. Unless there's another set I'm not seeing.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Does anyone have any cool/unique ways to set up their turrets so they don't feel so out in the open? I like how raiders/etc usually have them tucked behind sandbags- but even though I have SSEx and Homemaker, I don't feel like I'm seeing anything that fits the bill, but I'm pretty bad at settlement design still.

Also, do your settlers trip the trap defenses (tesla arcs) if they step on the pressure plates or whatever? If so, how do you keep those primed for bad guy defenses?

For the machine gun turrets, sometimes I'll have them firing on sort of an inward arc and not exposed from the outside. Once someone walks into the firing area, they should be in view of multiple turrets.

I've also put my missile turrets way up on stair case ledges at The Castle so they can fire both inward and outward.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Cheap Shot posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the craftable chinese stealth armor in Armorsmith Extended doesn't actually make you invisible, it makes the armor invisible. Unless there's another set I'm not seeing.

There are two armor types. Therm Optics Armor is invisible combat armor. I recommend Craftable Armor Size as the resulting armor is randomly light/sturdy/heavy.

The Chinese Stealth Armor is optional on install. I didn't install it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

About to try this mod out to make armor be invisible http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5511/

It has options to put a crafting attachment on armor to make that specific piece invisible, or craft a specific combat armor-like set that is invisible, or universally make armor of each type invisible with separate options for helmets and hats.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

gromdul posted:

There are two armor types. Therm Optics Armor is invisible combat armor. I recommend Craftable Armor Size as the resulting armor is randomly light/sturdy/heavy.

The Chinese Stealth Armor is optional on install. I didn't install it.

I kinda like my armor clipping, gives me these giant shoulders that I think goes well with my courser / minuteman general outfit. Should get a picture up, I look like a post-apocalyptic Colonel Kaddafi (and I act like one too...)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if only the F4CK was here then I'd be saved the mind-numbing tedium of editing these and trying to remember what does what because i could just drag a bunch of properties into another module

Unfortunately I get a headache after like 1 hour of spreadsheet staring and can't stand to look at it for the rest of the day

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

if only the F4CK

Why do you keep calling it that? Its always been called the GECK.

Sylink posted:

Adjusted Encounter Zones fucks saves, too, at least for me. So that guy is not on a winning record for me and being able to load the game.

Removing that mod lets me load saves that are CTDing

For encounter zones and npc level needs I have been using these and really like it.

Remove Rubberbanind (Free Scaling): http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3036/
This makes it so that the level scaling is not static, each zone adjusts to you when you enter it. Combined with the mod below it makes everything a challenge, but it also makes it so you can do thing in what ever order you want.

High Level Scale http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3455/
There are two versions one that makes all enemies 5 - 20 levels higher than the player, and one that makes all enemies 20 - 50 levels higher. I play with the Latter, its a challenge but with weapon balancing, and Survival Balance, I set the NPCs to do 100% damage, and the player to do 300% and I think its great, cant one shot most things unless its a stealth headshop but things are not total bullet sponges either.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

For encounter zones and npc level needs I have been using these and really like it.

Remove Rubberbanind (Free Scaling): http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3036/
This makes it so that the level scaling is not static, each zone adjusts to you when you enter it. Combined with the mod below it makes everything a challenge, but it also makes it so you can do thing in what ever order you want.

High Level Scale http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3455/
There are two versions one that makes all enemies 5 - 20 levels higher than the player, and one that makes all enemies 20 - 50 levels higher. I play with the Latter, its a challenge but with weapon balancing, and Survival Balance, I set the NPCs to do 100% damage, and the player to do 300% and I think its great, cant one shot most things unless its a stealth headshop but things are not total bullet sponges either.

So you added higher level enemies then gimped their damage and massively increased your own? What is even the point by then?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

LumberingTroll posted:

Fallout 4 Creation Kit, plus it has 3 of the same characters as gently caress

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

if only the F4CK was here then I'd be saved the mind-numbing tedium of editing these and trying to remember what does what because i could just drag a bunch of properties into another module

Unfortunately I get a headache after like 1 hour of spreadsheet staring and can't stand to look at it for the rest of the day

You're doing god's work, brave goon. Keep staring! Shame those statistics into submission!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Kea posted:

So you added higher level enemies then gimped their damage and massively increased your own? What is even the point by then?

In survival mode by default they get 200% damage increase, this makes it so that they can one shot you almost all the time. NPC level only increases their HP, and gives them better gear, nothing else.

Because they are all going to be higher level, and will have a lot of HP, I didnt want them to be killing me non stop with no hope of getting a anywhere, so I gave them base damage. I increased the player damage, so that it can account for the fact that level means bullet sponge.

I also use the full Aberation pack which makes them much more deadly as well.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2037/

I use:
Damage by Player: None (Use Survival Re-balance)
Damage to Player : None (Use Survival Re-balance)
Controllable Lowered Weapons: Vanilla Cover Distance
Lowerd Weapon Delay: None
Stealth Overhaul: Stealth Overhaul Vanilla Distance (other wise they shoot at yo long before you know they are there)
General Options: Better Combat AI, Reduced Grenade Spam, Farther Grenade Detection, Molotov Overhaul, No Condition Regeneration Fall Damage Overhaul,
Speed: Both

This has lead to a very enjoyable experience so far, I also have 96 esps in my load order of things I have been testing, Ill update the OP soon ish, dont want to put any garbage in there.

Oh and I have been using The Iron Roses Weapon Overhaul.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

If anyone wants to see what its like hit me up on steam, Ill stream for ya.
Steam Stream: http://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561197962675559/

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This has probably been brought up so sorry in advance, but is fallout 4 set up like skyrim where mod scripts are a permanent part of a save and that save will become unplayable if you remove the mod?

• Locked thread