Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

If Robin were female then Nah wouldn't be able to class change into a Dark Flier to learn Galeforce

that's disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So what side is Takahata on in the waifu war? Since he doesn't like Chie and the latest podcast mentions that he doesn't like Rise either

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

So what side is Takahata on in the waifu war? Since he doesn't like Chie and the latest podcast mentions that he doesn't like Rise either

By process of elimination it's Naoto obviously

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Ruggington posted:

that's disgusting

First two or three runs of the game it's all well and good to have your canonical pairings or whatever but once you get to the double digits these characters are little more than numbers with anime portraits attached to them.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

First two or three runs of the game it's all well and good to have your canonical pairings or whatever but once you get to the double digits these characters are little more than numbers with anime portraits attached to them.

im not marrying an anime child and im not playing awakening more than once

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TriffTshngo posted:

If Robin were female then Nah wouldn't be able to class change into a Dark Flier to learn Galeforce

There are three other options though if you wanted to do that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Jonathan isn't my favorite are you insane? Joseph, Josuke, and Johnny blow that motherfucker out of the water.

Robin is female though???

not you the other dumb unknown guy matt mentioned

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Rodyle posted:

By process of elimination it's Naoto obviously

People who like Naoto are literally the worst because that means you're putting hoes before bros (the bro being Kanji (because he wants to get with Naoto and you are mad cockblocking him and that's not a cool thing to do to your friend)).

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
This Scrublords isn't Soulcaliber IV.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

This Scrublords isn't Soulcaliber IV.

Gotta save something for Star Wars Week 2, in another 2 years.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silentman0 posted:

People who like Naoto are literally the worst because that means you're putting hoes before bros (the bro being Kanji (because he wants to get with Naoto and you are mad cockblocking him and that's not a cool thing to do to your friend)).

you act like kanji would ever get with her anyways

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

SOMEONE told me he was their favorite Joestar. Still can't figure out who said this to me.

Edit: I'm trying to convince slowbeef to LP Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Lend him your power, guys! Disaster Day of Crises is like hackneyed reasons for Resident Evil 5 boulder punching scene level of stupid things to happen: The game.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheRealestMatt posted:

SOMEONE told me he was their favorite Joestar. Still can't figure out who said this to me.

Hideki Kamiya said that Jonathan was his favorite, so there are definitely fans out there.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

Hideki Kamiya said that Jonathan was his favorite, so there are definitely fans out there.

the man has to have at least one flaw I suppose

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

"I can even lift this rock!" Is a very powerful line. Also people really like Kenshiro

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Aw. The first stage with ravager ships in EDF 4.1 isn't nearly as hype as the same mission in the old one where they threw an excessive amount at you

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Liam saying he's buying Devil's Third and "anyone who likes video games" should too is just bizarre. I can't even tell if that's a joke or not because it's Liam.

Like even if I wasn't opposed to giving Itagaki any of my money, it's sixty goddamn dollars! Full price! For this!

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 16, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam would make a fine games journalist

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
podcast curse huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annuTcmB1rw

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
That logo is inscrutable.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Looks kind of like Havel's Helm.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

What a mysterious jlogo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Liam saying he's buying Devil's Third and "anyone who likes video games" should too is just bizarre. I can't even tell if that's a joke or not because it's Liam.

Like even if I wasn't opposed to giving Itagaki any of my money, it's sixty goddamn dollars! Full price! For this!

Hah, sorry Liam, I only play good games.

*Boots up 360 and starts playing Castlestorm for the seventh time this week*

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's a helmet with a skull inside it and also gun parts?

I guess konami kept the old logo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

That's an amazing logo. Kojima looks good with a beard

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

TheRealestMatt posted:

So we're at the final boss of the Old Hunters LP...Pat leaves to grab a drink, and says to Woolie:

"Walk me to the boss area, while I get a drink"
"I can't, I'm looking up strats for the boss on my phone."
I say:
"Don't worry, I'LL WALK YOU TO THE BOSS, PAT!"

I then proceed to run in circles and use a bunch of blood vials, even though Pat's at max health.

Good times.

This is seriously the best LP format.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, I had some PC demo disk that had Shadows of the Empire on it, but only that first level. I played that so many times, I didn't even know it was a third person shooter.
Dash Rendar strikes me as a young Bruce Willis with a wig possibly.

RareAcumen posted:

Lend him your power, guys! Disaster Day of Crises is like hackneyed reasons for Resident Evil 5 boulder punching scene level of stupid things to happen: The game.
I support this decision too.

Blockhouse posted:

Eh, he's probably overcompensating for all the hate it got. It seemed like an enjoyable playthrough and the stuff I read online made it sound much worse.
But yeah, I'd buy it at 30$. Then again, the copies are super rare and limited so...maybe he wants us to scalp people or something.

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 16, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You don't need to overcompensate that much. It's still not remotely a good game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hmmm.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The long con: a Hideo Kojima story

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I was always fond of Bayonetta's first design, so I'm glad you can choose between the two looks. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Are we sure this is the real Kojima and not his phantom?

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Are we sure this is the real Kojima and not his phantom?

Now I kinda want to see grizzled Kojima with a piece of metal in his forehead.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I would say "SNATCHER 2, PLEASE!" but Konami owns that IP along with Policenauts and Metal Gear. Spiritual sequel, perhaps? :pray:

All I'm saying is that Snatcher is the best.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PiedPiper posted:

Now I kinda want to see grizzled Kojima with a piece of metal in his forehead.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

poo poo, now I got the urge to join the Diamond Devs.
I'm even okay with the idea of dying at the hand of Kojima if he promises to smear my ashes all over his face.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm kinda interested in Pat going through old rear end PC games with cheats, just to break them the cowardly way while beating it. The Jedi Outcast 2 part was fun to watch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That Super Star Wars video was the proper treatment that game deserved. What a horseshit game that people erroneously call "good" until the moment they try to go back and play it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Captain Invictus posted:

That Super Star Wars video was the proper treatment that game deserved. What a horseshit game that people erroneously call "good" until the moment they try to go back and play it.

Who said it was good? All I know is people say it's balls hard. But not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Today's Bloodborne has a really good "Pat eats poo poo super hard" moment.