Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Drone is right.

Also FFG Star Wars RPGs are good, I like the species they added for the F&D adventure, four eyed bird people are cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
:siren:DO NOT GO TO THE BATTLEFRONT THREAD. SOME loving DIPSHIT LOSER POSTED MASSIVE UNTAGGED SPOILERS:siren:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

jivjov posted:

:siren:DO NOT GO TO THE BATTLEFRONT THREAD. SOME loving DIPSHIT LOSER POSTED MASSIVE UNTAGGED SPOILERS:siren:

Taking preventative measures now to keep spoilers to a minimum, check back in with you guys on Friday.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Drone posted:

Is this your LP where you guys are rewriting the original trilogy?

Now I'm strangely compelled to catch up on it.

Yeah, that was my second to last session surprise. They've taken the universe to dark places.
We've just finished up A Lost Hope, and will be moving on to Everyone Strikes Back in the new year. It will feature angry Imperals, Rebel loyalists, drugged up Hutts and Gugan Sith Inquisitors with a thurst for Vengance.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Not Keyser Soze posted:

@swrpgadventures adventure ideas in 140 characters or less!

Our heroes have successfully infiltrated a famous academy but to maintain their cover they have to debate the ranking Imperial scholar on the ethics of the Jedi order

A team of droids deployed into a crazy to secret Imperial prison to rescue a VIP. Only one of you can speak not-Binary and has regular hands.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

ShineDog posted:

Also who the gently caress built all the venator cruisers?

Kuat Drive Yards, as usual probably.

How come no one thought it seemed suspicious? I dunno. Its Kuat Drive Yards.

I agree that some rather large ships should be able to enter the atmosphere and potentially (safely) land. Afterall, even in the EU Tarkin was (in)famous for landing a Star Destroyer on a crowd of protestors. :v: I imagine large capital ships would be rather heavily limited in their speed and maneuverability in an atmosphere however.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fuzz posted:

A team of droids deployed into a crazy to secret Imperial prison to rescue a VIP. Only one of you can speak not-Binary and has regular hands.

Un-ironically the best plot arc of clone wars.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Stats for the Ghost are in Keeping the Peace :cool:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You mean the Ghost or just the VCX-100? If the VCX, does it come with the minishuttle as standard?

I'll be really sad if the VCX is lousy. The Ghtroc 720 was already a bummer.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You mean the Ghost or just the VCX-100? If the VCX, does it come with the minishuttle as standard?

I'll be really sad if the VCX is lousy. The Ghtroc 720 was already a bummer.

VCX. It has a sidebar about the Ghost.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
So how long is the statute of limitations for unfiltered spoilers on here for mining plot ideas (of which there are many to mine)? I mean, realistically, we're all seeing it by Monday, right?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

homullus posted:

No, but really, if you take away all EU stuff and go from the movies alone, why is this true? Anakin kills a whole village of warriors by himself.

And even with EU stuff, why doesn't Qui-Gon just take Anakin? Luke just walks into Jabba's palace and chokes a dude and mind-controls somebody else, then kills the rancor and a sail barge full of presumably-crime-guys. Qui-Gon could punch Watto if he got uppity and just grab the kid and go. Do you think Luke would leave a kid to be a slave?

According to WEG material, those actions were why Luke had 5 of 6 possible dark side points at the time of RotJ. 6 dark side points was automatic holy loving balls you're a dark jedi give the GM your character sheet. Jedi don't choke people. Dark Jedi do. Ostensibly, Qui-Gon is a bit more respectful of the laws of the land.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Finster Dexter posted:

According to WEG material, those actions were why Luke had 5 of 6 possible dark side points at the time of RotJ. 6 dark side points was automatic holy loving balls you're a dark jedi give the GM your character sheet. Jedi don't choke people. Dark Jedi do. Ostensibly, Qui-Gon is a bit more respectful of the laws of the land.

Speaking of this, if I want to discuss the WEG RPG, is this thread a good place for it?

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Yeah, WEG stuff is legit cool and some of the fluff they wrote I actually put into my games.

Also, Imperial Lawrence of Arabia:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

susan posted:

So how long is the statute of limitations for unfiltered spoilers on here for mining plot ideas (of which there are many to mine)? I mean, realistically, we're all seeing it by Monday, right?

No we're not, so I'd say not until after New Years, that's pretty reasonable.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

New Years seems fair. Y'all are gonna go visit your families and have a good time this next week anyway.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Nothing till Monday, Spoiler tags after Monday, open discussion after new year is how I'd do it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

nothing to seehere posted:

Nothing till Monday, Spoiler tags after Monday, open discussion after new year is how I'd do it.

Good thing you're not a mod.

Until the movie is out of theaters it should get spoiler tags.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ramba Ral posted:

Yeah, WEG stuff is legit cool and some of the fluff they wrote I actually put into my games.

Also, Imperial Lawrence of Arabia:

Yeah. WEG stuff is neat, though I wish some their adventure modules were not automatically assuming you're rebels (as opposed to EotE moralistic scum).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Snagged Keeping the Peace from my FLGS this afternoon. As per usual, its a beautiful book and includes a section on Slaying Monsters and another literally titled "The Hero's Journey".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tell me about the VCX-100 :v:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tell me about the VCX-100 :v:

Silhouette 5, Speed 3, Handling -3
1/1/1/1, 3 armor
Rarity 8

Turret mounted twin light laser cannon, aft mounted twin light laser cannon, forward mounted twin medium laser cannon.

No detachable shuttle; that was an aftermarket addition for the Ghost

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wow, those stats are poo poo.

Look at how it flies in Rebels and tell me thats a Shil 5, Handling -3 ship. Yes, its modified, yes it Hera. But c'mon.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wow, those stats are poo poo.

Look at how it flies in Rebels and tell me thats a Shil 5, Handling -3 ship. Yes, its modified, yes it Hera. But c'mon.

Sil 5 seems to fit; the VCX is HUUUUUGE

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That isn't worth bumping to Shil 5, IMO. And this is using the Falcon's official length, in reality it should be bigger to fit those sets from the movies.

And the problem with making it Shil5 is that you massive curtail its options in space combat. No "Punch it", no "Stay on Target", No Evasive Maneuvers, etc when in the show, its shown to be rather agile and capable of doing stuff like that, certainly exhibiting no worse agility than the Millennium Falcon (which gets handling -1, compared to the VCX's -3). Its a horrible stat block.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Truth be told, I so rarely do space combat "by the book" that I didn't really consider it...but yeah, the VCX's default stat line is pretty meh...

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I wonder if we're gonna get more ship upgrade stuff with the technician book and they're writing the base stats for ships with that in mind.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

unseenlibrarian posted:

I wonder if we're gonna get more ship upgrade stuff with the technician book and they're writing the base stats for ships with that in mind.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more Ship Modification stuff in the Technician book, I don't think base stats for a ship in a F&D splat would have been written with that in mind...Making players buy another $30 book to 'fix' the stats of a ship from a different $30 book just doesn't seem like smart business.

I think with the VCX the designer intent is that we're just supposed to accept the fact that the Ghost is an insanely tricked out version.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I don't like that because the same logic applies to the Falcon. :(

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well, the Falcon is insanely tricked out, though. Remember the very first words Luke said about it?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, but I mean is the base YT-1300 has pretty respectable stats, the base VCX-100 is a crapsack for someone looking to hot-rod a tramp freighter (Which is what the Ghost is, just like the Falcon)

Jijov didn't even mention how many hardpoints it has, but I'm guessing not nearly enough to turn it into the Ghost, the misc jamming stealth equipment alone would take up 3-4 probably, nevermind performance enhancements.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It kind of bothers me that the cutoff between 'can do interesting things in space combat' and 'fatass that needs fighter support' is right around the size scale that RPG parties are doing their shopping in. At the very least, there needs to be customization options to get those just-barely-sil5 ships into a playable state.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Make Shil 5 "larger tramp freighters" and then bump small corvettes up to Shil 6 and up the cutoff for the fancy stuff? I dunno. It'd be easier just to make it Shil 4.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, but I mean is the base YT-1300 has pretty respectable stats, the base VCX-100 is a crapsack for someone looking to hot-rod a tramp freighter (Which is what the Ghost is, just like the Falcon)

Jijov didn't even mention how many hardpoints it has, but I'm guessing not nearly enough to turn it into the Ghost, the misc jamming stealth equipment alone would take up 3-4 probably, nevermind performance enhancements.

5 hard points. It also has a shield in every arc and 10 more hits and 13 more strain than YT-1300.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Keeping the Peace also gives us a 2nd talent that gives the character a point of Conflict at the start of each session just for knowing it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure why I thought there wouldn't be...but I'm glad the F&D career splats have new Force Powers.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Man, I can't wait to pick up Keeping the Peace.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
What are the new powers?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PantsOptional posted:

What are the new powers?

The Gatekeeper adventure book has a variant of Forsee that's centered around seeing other people's futures instead of your own.

Keeping the Peace has Suppress, which deadens or outright negates enemy Force use nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I've only played the EotE starter game but I remember the space combat being underwhelming and have seen various posts around the net about that not really changing in the full rules. I've been talking with my friends about doing a Wraith Squadron-esque fighter ace campaign in Age of Rebellion, are the space combat rules any better there (or in the Ace supplement)?