Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mairn posted:

So in 3 hours I managed 300/10000 drinks for the shoulders... They are going for almost 800g to buy the 10,000 outright.
I doubt I am grinding as efficiently as possible but that means it takes ~70+ hours of grinding to finish the shoulders.
What. The. gently caress.

This is not a new thing for Anet, they've almost always opted for the "screw content, just make what we have take longer" school of MMO development since launch.

Also not at all related: http://positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/2015/12/13/hi-im-from-the-games-industry-governments-please-stop-us/

orcane fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Apparently they're patching Well of Precognition so it prevents capture point progress. Huzzah.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
ANet should just make Distortion effect prevent capture. It's just bullshit.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

A good read, thanks.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Another_one_bites_the_dust.mp3

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Please support my campaign to make giving things to orphans not tedious:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Unable-to-spread-happiness-re-boys-and-girls/first#post5858212

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Aesis posted:

It does? That is literally the difference between Distortion and Blur, and why they changed Well of Precognition from Blur to Distortion.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've never been able to complete the Wintersday jumping puzzle. I suck at JP's. And now they want me to complete it 3 times for the new collection? No way.

And you need to win the snowball fight too. Ugh.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Of all the things to bring back from GW1, drinking 10,000 drinks? Really?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Hey now, that's 10,000 contributions or 1/10th of the total needed towards pre-existing getting tore up cheev 'Thirst Slayer'

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Illuyankas posted:

Of all the things to bring back from GW1, drinking 10,000 drinks? Really?

within 4 weeks of the xmas event no less :laffo:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

turns out if you put the word 'precursor' into a support ticket they'll ask you which one you want

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
all this game was in and ever will be is grinding for particle effects. anet just upped the ante.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Aesis posted:

Blur (evade) doesn't but Distortion (total immunity) Does prevent capture.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Mairn posted:

So in 3 hours I managed 300/10000 drinks for the shoulders... They are going for almost 800g to buy the 10,000 outright.
I doubt I am grinding as efficiently as possible but that means it takes ~70+ hours of grinding to finish the shoulders.
What. The. gently caress.

Click the potions in downstate. It has no transformation cooldown.

Aug 24, 2011

drat anet have started seriously blocking my names

it's time to bust out the big guns

for in the game of kings

you win or you get banned

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's a seating machine, officer!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Dreggon posted:

for in the game of kings

all your toons look retarded

Aug 24, 2011

mike12345 posted:

all your toons look retarded

ty

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Dreggon posted:

for in the game of kings

"Look, if a character wants to be known as an "asseating machine," I say why get in their way?"

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I really suck at generating any type of cash flow in this game. I'm looking at getting my crafting up, and that requires gold. So what do you all do when you need to generate some cash. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just something I can do here and there to generate a bit of gold.

Well, the answer was doing circuits of Brisban and Gendarran for Soft Wood, but now...

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So I got Heart of Thorns as an early christmas gift and...Well, jesus christ, the economy has inflated since I quit playing. I remember when converting gems from gold was actually possible if you played normally. Now it costs like 70 gold for 400 gems. So much for Anet's supposed balancing systems that were going to prevent inflation on the exchange. :stare:

On that note, how the hell do you make money nowadays? Apparently dungeons were nerfed to hell and back at some point?

Edit: Also, should I be using these writs of experience as I get them or saving them for a tome of knowledge if i'm leveling an alt to get back in the swing of things? I'm not sure what the conversion rate on them is.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 16, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Godmode Enabled posted:

Blur (evade) doesn't but Distortion (total immunity) Does prevent capture.
afaik Inspiring Distortion and Blurred Inscriptions don't. Also Blurred Frenzy is way too long.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Archonex posted:

So I got Heart of Thorns as an early christmas gift and...Well, jesus christ, the economy has inflated since I quit playing. I remember when converting gems from gold was actually possible if you played normally. Now it costs like 70 gold for 400 gems. So much for Anet's supposed balancing systems that were going to prevent inflation on the exchange. :stare:

On that note, how the hell do you make money nowadays? Apparently dungeons were nerfed to hell and back at some point?

Edit: Also, should I be using these writs of experience as I get them or saving them for a tome of knowledge if i'm leveling an alt to get back in the swing of things? I'm not sure what the conversion rate on them is.

Buy more gems, dude!

Also writs give 5% of your current level, turn 20 into a tome of knowledge that gives you one level. It doesn't really matter.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Archonex posted:

Dick around in Wintersday events. I made 30g in 2 hours doing nothing but fun mini games that I would have played for free.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Dick around in Wintersday events. I made 30g in 2 hours doing nothing but fun mini games that I would have played for free.

Wait, how do you generate that much gold from Wintersday stuff?
I did a bunch of things and just got a handful of present things that opened and gave me some food.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Mr Beens posted:

Wait, how do you generate that much gold from Wintersday stuff?
I did a bunch of things and just got a handful of present things that opened and gave me some food.

I don't care about achievements so I sold all the alcohol at 8-10 silver each.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Aesis posted:

afaik Inspiring Distortion and Blurred Inscriptions don't.

yeah they do

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Is there any chance of HoT going on sale for the holidays? I mostly just want rev and elite specs but that isn't worth 50 bucks to me.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Grey Elephants posted:

Is there any chance of HoT going on sale for the holidays? I mostly just want rev and elite specs but that isn't worth 50 bucks to me.

We have no idea, and will never have any idea when a sale will happen.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Grey Elephants posted:

DL Game has it for 26% off right now: http://www.dlgamer.us/download-guild_wars_2_heart_of_thorns-pc_games-p-29808.html

It looks like the only place that has had the HOTS on a discount ever since I slapped the game into https://isthereanydeal.com/

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh sheesh, hopefully I'll have some time to catch up to the wintersday poo poo. I'm super busy from now till January.

I mean it's just a game but I'm so tired of being late to events and poo poo. I'm not out of content or anything as so far in the game, which is a plus I guess. I'm still trying to fill out my pact mysteries though, everyone already cof farmed it at release.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Try looking for the pre-release or normal boxed copy on amazon, I got my pre-release version for £15, no bonus to it anymore but it was £10 cheaper than the digital download.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

What is the "Gary" meme? I see people adressing each other as Gary in map chat wtf is that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mike12345 posted:

What is the "Gary" meme? I see people adressing each other as Gary in map chat wtf is that.

Don't ask questions, Gary.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Never heard of it in GW2 but in Fallout there's a vault filled entirely with the clones of a single guy, and "Gary!" is all they say.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Xand_Man posted:

Never heard of it in GW2 but in Fallout there's a vault filled entirely with the clones of a single guy, and "Gary!" is all they say.

Ok, so people have finally gotten bored with Fallout 4 and brought their cultural contamination back with them; got'cha.
At least wear a face mask when you've caught something, people, sheesh.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

mike12345 posted:

Could be from the comic Rat Queens; there's a Gary that no one likes because he's the worst. Even dogs don't like him.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

rantmo posted:

Could be from the comic Rat Queens; there's a Gary that no one likes because he's the worst. Even dogs don't like him.

Or, perhaps even...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I tried to name my Sylvari "Gary Oak" on launch night, but someone had already grabbed it within the first 15-20 seconds ;(

• Locked thread