Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So what's the worst receiver you'd consider playing instead if Dez this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Ben Nevis posted:

What's your roster look like, and who is left on the waiver wire?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In my work league I got Denard Robinson, Brandon Bolden, and Willie Snead in one go to replace VJax, a useless Ebron, and a banged up Spencer Ware

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

Any top ~25 receiver for sure, a little lower if the match up is nice

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
How do you guys feel about Ebron @NO this week? Other options are Kelce @BAL and Reed vs BUF. Ebron has the best match up by far but if this season has taught me anything, it's that match ups aren't everything.

Standard btw.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm probably playing Denard Robinson over him this week. I also have Snead/Stevie Johnson/DJax and probably put them all around equal with Dez (and might play any of them over him for floor).

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

zeldadude posted:

How do you guys feel about Ebron @NO this week? Other options are Kelce @BAL and Reed vs BUF. Ebron has the best match up by far but if this season has taught me anything, it's that match ups aren't everything.

Standard btw.

Jordan Reed is an every week start unless you have Gronk (or maybe Olsen) at this point IMO.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Any top ~25 receiver for sure, a little lower if the match up is nice

Seriously considering Tavon Austin, who fits these criteria.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Cervixalot posted:

Jordan Reed is an every week start unless you have Gronk (or maybe Olsen) at this point IMO.

You're right, I have no idea how he's available. 8 team leagues eh? Just picked him up, feeling good about it. Thanks!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

RCarr posted:

So my yahoo league uses reverse standings waivers (terrible idea, don't do this). Whatever. Last week was the first week of the playoffs. 6 teams make it, 1st and 2nd place get a bye. Two teams were knocked out. Well waivers cleared today and the 2nd place team got the first priority, followed by the 1st place team , followed by 6th, 5th, 4th, etc.

Anyone know why this is? It seems weird that the best two teams get a bye AND first waiver priority.

same thing happened in my league and I'm confused about it as well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dxt posted:

same thing happened in my league and I'm confused about it as well.

Found this:

quote:

Waiver order during the playoffs in Fantasy Football
During the regular season if your league's waivers were set to either of the following settings:

Reverse order of standings
Weekly rolling list based on standings
Then the waiver priority list reset after each Fantasy week was completed to reflect the updated standings.

However, once the playoffs start, the standings no longer update. As a result, the priority list will no longer reset, and waiver priority is based on a continual rolling list with a baseline of the final regular-season standings.

Wish I would have known this before hand.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SeannieDarko posted:

So I need to drop someone to pick up a kicker this week. I dropped mine to grab Denard Robinson. Thing is, we have really short benches (4 deep) and once we drop someone, they can immediately be picked up. It's worked wonders for me this season, I was able to snag Rawls, McFadden, Amendola. Now I don't want it to help someone else. I need to figure out who to drop. This is my team:

QB - Carr, Rivers
RB - Forte, DeAngelo, McFadden, Denard
WR - Megatron, Julio, Cooks, Amendola
TE - Eifert, Heath Miller
DST - Bengals

I'm leaning Rivers, but what I'm probably going to do is drop him after his game starts and grab a Monday night kicker. Thoughts?

Bumping this before it gets lost.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 16, 2015

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Got a Dynasty question for you folks.

In a 1 PPR league, I have some decent RB depth but I'm struggling at WR (I can post my team if it helps).

How do you feel about Davante Adams going forward? There's a guy chomping at the bit to get David Johnson from me, so far he's offered Adams + 2016 round 1 pick for Johnson + 2016 round 2 pick.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Two weeks ago I felt great about my team, had the bye week, and now I don't even know who to play.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Amergin posted:

In a 1 PPR league, I have some decent RB depth but I'm struggling at WR (I can post my team if it helps).

How do you feel about Davante Adams going forward? There's a guy chomping at the bit to get David Johnson from me, so far he's offered Adams + 2016 round 1 pick for Johnson + 2016 round 2 pick.

I like to stay away from receivers that can't get open and then drop passes on the rare occasions they do get open.

Plus Jordy Nelson will be back next year. I could see the Packers addressing the third receiver position through the draft or FA since Adams has been so terrible.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Emmanuel Sanders (and the Denver O) has been a useless sack of crap the past few weeks, should I bench him for Jermaine Kearse or try to pick someone else off the WW like uh...... Nate Washington?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Amergin posted:

Take off the 2nd, and I might do it. Adams isn't worth anything. He had a beautiful chance, and did nothing with it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I wouldn't even trade for Adams, David Johnson has way more value than him at this point, and I own Adams in a dynasty league. So much disappointment.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks for the advice on Bortles v Stafford. It sounds like I need to do some guessing.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Arcturas posted:

Thanks for the advice on Bortles v Stafford. It sounds like I need to do some guessing.

If you really can't choose, Stafford plays on Monday night so it'll be easier to watch and you'll know how many points you need. It doesn't really matter, but if you truly can't decide then it could be a tiebreaker.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
So someone raged after lacy scored 20 in my league and dropped him and I was able to get him off the waiver.

Also got bolden and denard Robinson off the waiver.

I now have too many middling options and have no idea what to do.

Wr corps, likely playing all:
Calvin Johnson
Alshon Jeffrey
Antonio Brown

Running Backs:
Charcandrick West
Matt Forte
Eddie Lacy
Brandon Bolden
Darren Mcfadden
Denard Robinson
Darren Sproles

They all seem viable and I get return yards so sproles is up there.

This is a Jesus take the wheel week. There's a winning combo, I just don't see it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
When do injury reports come out? I need to know what da gently caress is up with Lamar Miller

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Piggles posted:

So someone raged after lacy scored 20 in my league and dropped him and I was able to get him off the waiver.

Also got bolden and denard Robinson off the waiver.

I now have too many middling options and have no idea what to do.

Wr corps, likely playing all:
Calvin Johnson
Alshon Jeffrey
Antonio Brown

Running Backs:
Charcandrick West
Matt Forte
Eddie Lacy
Brandon Bolden
Darren Mcfadden
Denard Robinson
Darren Sproles

They all seem viable and I get return yards so sproles is up there.

This is a Jesus take the wheel week. There's a winning combo, I just don't see it.

Having no idea what your scoring system is, how many people you start, or what team those guys are playing against, I like Forte, Robinson, Lacy, West, McFadden, the rest in that order.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

ZIGfried posted:

Having no idea what your scoring system is, how many people you start, or what team those guys are playing against, I like Forte, Robinson, Lacy, West, McFadden, the rest in that order.

Yeah mostly posted this thread to vent. Posted the particulars in the sit start thread and already had what you recommended selected.

It would have been so much easier if I still had bell, foster, forsett. :(

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Would you sit any of

Julio Jones
DeAndre Hopkins
Allen Robinson

For John Brown this week ?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

Seems like David Johnson has a good shot at being the guy going forward, as Chris Johnson is old (what kind of money is he on, too?), Ellington is always injured (surprise), and David Johnson won't be a rookie next year so Arians will have no excuse to hate him. Adams is not a lost cause by any means, but there's a bigger gap between them than swapping a 1st for a 2nd. Like someone else said, drop the 2nd, or even make it a 3rd or 4th or whatever, and I'd think it's decent. Adams isn't going to help your WR woes in the short term though, I don't think, so might be worth targeting someone else.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I've been away from this thread and SA in general due to getting divorced (!!!!), but I just wanted to let you guys know I squeaked into the playoffs on the basis of a Thursday stat correction, and have subsequently knocked my soon-to-be ex wife out of the playoffs. :smug:

It's quite the fairy tale run so far!

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Franks Happy Place posted:

I've been away from this thread and SA in general due to getting divorced (!!!!), but I just wanted to let you guys know I squeaked into the playoffs on the basis of a Thursday stat correction, and have subsequently knocked my soon-to-be ex wife out of the playoffs. :smug:

This is why I refuse to play Fantasy Football with my fiance.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I still can't believe I lost in the first round because Andy Dalton killed his thumb and then Lamar Miller scored 18 loving points in the first half of the Giants-Dolphins MNF game. gently caress this game

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SeannieDarko posted:

So I need to drop someone to pick up a kicker this week. I dropped mine to grab Denard Robinson. Thing is, we have really short benches (4 deep) and once we drop someone, they can immediately be picked up. It's worked wonders for me this season, I was able to snag Rawls, McFadden, Amendola. Now I don't want it to help someone else. I need to figure out who to drop. This is my team:

QB - Carr, Rivers
RB - Forte, DeAngelo, McFadden, Denard
WR - Megatron, Julio, Cooks, Amendola
TE - Eifert, Heath Miller
DST - Bengals

I'm leaning Rivers, but what I'm probably going to do is drop him after his game starts and grab a Monday night kicker. Thoughts?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

SeannieDarko posted:

If you're waiting that long, see if Eifert is playing and if he is, drop Heath. Just make sure you have plenty of options between Sunday night and Monday Night for kickers. If I saw my opponent was trying to pull something like this and he only had one or two kicker options I would think hard about snagging them.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Franks Happy Place posted:

That's funny as gently caress but it will be comedy gold when in the divorce she demands that she gets your first round pick

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

BabeLiker90 posted:

That's funny as gently caress but it will be comedy gold when in the divorce she demands that she gets your first round pick

I already renamed my squad Team Alimony. :tipshat:

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Does anyone have insight into the early down back-up in Carolina? I'd bet they rest JStew for the playoffs if his injury is in anyway severe, and their schedule is cupcake for RBs rest of the way. A lot of buzz surrounding Cameron Artis-Payne, but it seems Fozzy gets all the third down work.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Who do you guys like? 0.5 PPR

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Got a first round bye (tied for first place overall) in my insanely competitive Superflex league where I started Kaepernick and Bridgewater all year. :shepface:

Now that I have to get serious in round 2 I'll post a full request for help later but first I'm wondering:
Is it worth considering benching ODB? He's saved me a ton of times this season but the way Norman completely loving erased Dez Bryant on Thanksgiving scares the poo poo out of me. I know some of that had to do with Norman hulking out because of Dez talking immense amounts of poo poo and ODB doesn't seem like that kind of person but still.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Was Tony Romo throwing to Dez at 100% healthy levels? No? Then write off the Dez thing as an anomaly. Eli and ODB have a special bond and he'll get production so long as he is healthy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ayudo posted:

Does anyone have insight into the early down back-up in Carolina? I'd bet they rest JStew for the playoffs if his injury is in anyway severe, and their schedule is cupcake for RBs rest of the way. A lot of buzz surrounding Cameron Artis-Payne, but it seems Fozzy gets all the third down work.
It seemed like Fozzy just took over everything last game, but right now even as a JStew owner it seems too mixed between CAP, Fozzy, and Tolbert to count on any of those guys taking over in the lead role :(

If there were some clarity it might be different but right now I'm in the semifinals and am probably going to be rolling out Tim Hightower and Bryce Brown as my backfield, or possibly Bolden

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hazo posted:

Got a first round bye (tied for first place overall) in my insanely competitive Superflex league where I started Kaepernick and Bridgewater all year. :shepface:

Now that I have to get serious in round 2 I'll post a full request for help later but first I'm wondering:
Is it worth considering benching ODB? He's saved me a ton of times this season but the way Norman completely loving erased Dez Bryant on Thanksgiving scares the poo poo out of me. I know some of that had to do with Norman hulking out because of Dez talking immense amounts of poo poo and ODB doesn't seem like that kind of person but still.

If you have a top 10 WR with a better match up to sub in for him, sure. But you probably don't, and numbers more like what Julio put up (~90 yards) is far more likely for OBJ than what Dez put up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I won't be going to the sit/start this week but I do want to suggest to everyone to dance with the fellas who brought you, don't sit them now that it matters. Good players stay good and matchups usually only mean a minor deviation. Bad players...well, they're almost always bad. Don't get your hopes too up about the Hightowers and Dujuan Harrises of the world.

• Locked thread