Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The 3d World bundle sold pretty well, didn't it? They could probably launch a console on the back of another one of those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last Smash for a while honestly. Iwata was a major driving factor in the series development. He was always able to round up Sakurai for another game and, well, with him gone Sakurai doesn't HAVE to make another one. Sora is its own company after all.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nintendo will want to continue releasing an SSB game every generation, if they can. It's just a question of whether they can continue to persuade Sakurai to do it, or if they find some other solution like bringing it back in-house.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh I'd be fine with just a port if they have another console coming out in a year or two. Smash for NX.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

raditts posted:

The 3d World bundle sold pretty well, didn't it? They could probably launch a console on the back of another one of those games.

For a minute I read this as 3rd World Bundle and was pretty drat confused, cough medicine probably contributing a bit

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think there will be a Smash 5 for NX but I surely think there will be another new version of 4 with Inklings and Ice Climbers and poo poo. It would be a big draw for people that didn't get a Wii U (Everyone :() but it's way too soon for a 5.
I'm betting there will be a 5 on NX, but it will basically be an update to this game with tweaks to the core gameplay, new characters, and some new modes for single and multiplayer.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

greatn posted:

So did you seal the deal?

yeah i jacked off to bayonetta entirely instead though. not just her butt

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad that Bluckles and Blails got mii fighter costumes for smash bros

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Smash 4 with all the DLC included ondisc or at least included in the purchase will for-sure launch with the NX

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Sakurai seems to at least enjoy making fighters that work in special ways like Ryu, so he might have not had a miserable experience making Cloud and Bayonetta

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What NX launch title would make you an early adopter of the console?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zelda probably, but the actual console would have to look like a drat good prospect too.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Spla2n. (it will not be called that)

*New* Splatoon

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hi,

I'm accepting public apologies for everyone saying I'm an idiot for thinking Bayonetta is an obvious choice for smash. Also, the fact that K Rool will never be picked

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Hi,

I'm accepting public apologies for everyone saying I'm an idiot for thinking Bayonetta is an obvious choice for smash. Also, the fact that K Rool will never be picked

I thought Bayo was a strong pick. Congrats on being the master smash DLC predictor.

e: also, Cloud is a loving blast y'all. What a fun character.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ask your mother

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hi,

I am so, so, so very sorry that this happened to you of all people, forums user THE AWESOME GHOST. I wasn't one of those people, but is there anything that I, as a completely disinterested party, can do for you? I hate that this has been done to you. It really chaps my hide, let me tell you.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Hi,

gently caress you

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Jonas Albrecht posted:

gently caress you

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

gently caress you

What a weird reponse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Austrian Mook only operates at level 7 irony now you'll have to ignoreforgive him

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Smash isn't like Earthbound where you can't make it without Itoi. They can make a smash without Sakurai.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You know the really hosed up thing about Austrian Mook? He's Danish.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just saw the smash direct and every new character looks to have some pretty neat touches to them and they all look fun to play. Also, I am hella psyched about Bayonetta being in the game. She wasn't who I voted for in the ballot but she was probably my second or third choice.

I'm a bit surprised they're finished with dlc already though but at least this means Sakurai can have a rest and not slowly kill himself over the development of this video game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the truth posted:

What isn't a realizable character when we have Cloud?

ridley

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3:King K.Rool's Katastrophe.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

I set myself up for disappointment with the Bayonetta reveal.

It opens with heavy Kid Icarus vibes. Instantly my mind starts racing. Hades? Viridi? Phosphora? Pyrrhon? Maybe it'll be... a new character in the Kid Icarus universe??? Sakurai also directed Kid Icarus: Uprising! Is this how they're announcing a new Kid Icarus game???!?!

This happened with me too except the exact opposite

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 16, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Help Im Alive posted:

Same. I was setting myself up for disappointment because it wasn't gonna be Wonder Red and I really didn't want to see a fourth KI character, mostly because I don't know who they'd pick, but then Bayonetta showed up and I got super excited because I really just wanted a Platinum character in Smash and I had written her off as never gonna happen.

Then I noticed two of my favorite songs from Bayo1 (Afterburner Infinity Climax mix and Let's Dance Boys) were songs for her stage and now I don't know if I want to play any other stage ever.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Kid Icarus is cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:(

Ridley...

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Next Playstation All Stars is going to have Squall in response

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Not a Children posted:

Hah a ho-hum character for a ho-hum game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

enojy posted:

Hah a ho-hum character for a ho-hum game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Not a Children posted:

It's officially dead, so they're not updating it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

between cloud, bayonetta, and megaman, smash is a better playstation all stars than playstation all stars

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Without exaggeration, Playstation All-Stars single handedly turned me against Playstation and Sony in general. I got it thinking "sure it won't be smash, but how bad can it be," and it forever turned me off the brand.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Polo-Rican posted:

Without exaggeration, Playstation All-Stars single handedly turned me against Playstation and Sony in general. I got it thinking "sure it won't be smash, but how bad can it be," and it forever turned me off the brand.

Why? It's not like Nintendo doesn't have it's own share of bad games.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Polo-Rican posted:

I didn't have that harsh a response but I did feel cheated even getting it for free through PSN+. I cannot imagine how people who paid full price for it must have felt.

"Only supers matter" is maybe the worst fighting game mechanic ever devised.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Andrast posted:

Why? It's not like Nintendo doesn't have it's own share of bad games.

All Stars is more than a bad game, it's basically a thesis statement on the weaknesses of the Playstation brand.

It really made me realize that there was basically nothing on the platform I cared about except Team Ico stuff... especially since MGS, the Pixeljunk games, and the Dark Souls series are on PC now.

The UI is even worse than the character roster - it's just blue, generic, ugly, hard to navigate, the sounds and music are totally miserable... I remember thinking "why does it feel like this?" Until I realized "oh, this is basically sony's brand identity..."

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 16, 2015

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Hey everybody, don't forget that Bayonetta 2 is a Christmas game and should be played through again soon to properly get into a festive holiday spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
PlayStation All-Stars was supposed to be part of that celebration of 15 years of the PlayStation brand. And you can tell how much Sony and the fans cared about the PlayStation brand when nobody recognized half of the first-party IPs Sony put in that weren't Uncharted or God of War and instead everybody was asking for Cloud and Snake. So of course they get Big Daddy from Xbox 360 timed exclusive BioShock, and two characters from multiplatform games that weren't even out yet at the time.

• Locked thread