Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What's weird is that I did a restaurant and karaoke event already. For those she would change what she was saying to, "oh let's do that" or something like that when I got near the place. But I've been all over the city and she just keeps saying she's beat.

In the first city, try taking her to Club Sega. There's something to do with her in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, that seems to have done the trick.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

As I continue down Haruka's path, I have a question for those farther along than me. Is there eventually a point, either later in this chapter or in the finale where multiple PCs can go bowling together? If not then this "game" is a 2/10 failure.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
New guy is actually kinda likeable but I miss Tanimura.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Still waiting on that Tanimura/Date/Sayama cop game.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

croutonZA posted:

New guy is actually kinda likeable but I miss Tanimura.

His combat was my favorite from Y4. It was sooo much fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

mikeycp posted:

His combat was my favorite from Y4. It was sooo much fun.

I liked his ability to hold people up/arrest them in combat.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

croutonZA posted:

Do you know where you can find the coach? I caught the fish, now I need to give it to him.

First Shot bar, south end of the city. He's sitting in front of the bartender.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about her saying she's tired. After enough activities she'll leave on her own.

What was tripping me up with dates was her saying she's hungry and then she wouldn't eat when I went to restaurants. Ends up there's a specific food she's craving and won't eat until you find the right place where she says something like "that looks yummy!"

I thought it was more along the lines of you had to go to a place where you could sit down at a table and eat. I tried a couple places where you go up to the counter and order, like any sushi place for example, and it didn't work. Then I went to the place where you caught dinner with Kiryu's boss, and that did the trick.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Who do you think will all be playable in Yakuza 6? Besides Kiryu obviously.

I'd like to see Saejima take a break. I like the guy, don't get me wrong but his story in 5 is kind of a retread of his story from 4. Akiyama is also just kind of there in 5 but apparently he's the third most popular character after Kiryu and Majima so he'll probably be in 6 too. Playable Tanimura again might be nice too, since Sayama is completely out of the picture and there doesn't seem to be any intention of bringing her back, though I'd love a female protagonist actually partaking in fights. I get that Kiryu is trying to protect Haruka from the violent lifestyles he's involved in so it'd probably be a brand new character.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I want to play as Beat Takeshi.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mikeycp posted:

I want to play as Beat Takeshi.
His heat move will be to jam chopsticks into his opponent's brain through their nose.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

His heat move will be to jam chopsticks into his opponent's brain through their nose.

YES PLEASE

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shinada's chapter was real good. Takasugi is up there for me in terms of secondary characters in this world.

Time to finish this.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
What the hell... :mad:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

Shinada's chapter was real good. Takasugi is up there for me in terms of secondary characters in this world.

Time to finish this.

Thanks for telling me where the coach is and totally agreed on Takasugi. The game has a habit of making you dislike a character initially and then make you like them as you learn more about them.

Also the playable characters in 6 should be Kiryu, Akiyama, Tanimura and Hana.

Edit: and another Haruka chapter obviously. I need my weird handshaking mini games.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 16, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

I picked the top option and it was not the right answer.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Yechezkel posted:

It's middle one, a proverb telling you to treat each meeting with someone as if it's the last time you will ever see them, even if you see them every day.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Yechezkel posted:

I don't know what the game is expecting, but ichi-go ichi-e is a four character idiom (they're called chengyu in Chinese, I don't know that the Japanese name is). It means something like `one moment, one encounter', and it's what your coach/instructor/whatever will tell you if you start giving up when you get behind in a game or whatever. The idea being that you only get one chance, so make the most with whatever you have.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The bottom and top ones are food names, the middle one isn't.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

mikeycp posted:

I picked the top option and it was not the right answer.
The real correct answer is Yakiniku Teishoku (Grilled Meat Set Meal), and if the game fails to realize this, that's its problem. :colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I picked the first option because I know yakiniku means barbecue and ichigo means strawberry so I didn't think it was either of those. I was wrong! Also I tried the standup thing and only got 54 points. I can't read fast enough.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
For the manzai game I had no trouble figuring out what to say, I just couldn't get the timing down since its hard to figure out the rhythm of a conversation in a foreign language.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

For the manzai game I had no trouble figuring out what to say, I just couldn't get the timing down since its hard to figure out the rhythm of a conversation in a foreign language.

I usually got "nice response, poor timing" because I would have to read his line and all the responses then figure out what to say. I think I'll leave that mission to my New Game Plus.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Been playing this game for more than 42 hours, currently on Haruka's chapter and my completion rate tells me I'm only 20.44% done. :eyepop: i missed you yakuza

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 16, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The end of Kiryu's chapter :suspense:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Broseph Brostar posted:

the guide I linked marks what words they are saying when you should hit the button, which is extremely helpful and got me an easy 90.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

precision posted:

The end of Kiryu's chapter :suspense:

I was sort of confused by the MANPADS though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

moller posted:

See the thing about that was, that completely ruled and is not required to make further sense.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

moller posted:

Uh if you thought Kiryu was going to gently caress your poo poo would you NOT bring some heavy weapons?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DANCE BATTLE AGAINST KOMAKI GAME OF THE YEAR.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

See the thing about that was, that completely ruled and is not required to make further sense.

It did make the fact that the fight stops due to a handgun seem fairly silly.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

My only serious plot complaint with this game so far is that they probably should have given Watase a bit more screen time, because the stuff that goes down with him in the final chapter feels a bit unearned.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anybody know how to find Minamida in Kamurocho? I'm at the point of no return and wanna do some boss refights for extra heat/soul orbs.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Finished the main story. It's pisses me off to think a game this drat good almost didn't make it over in English, but I'm so glad it did. gently caress I wish they were more popular, but at least there are future titles promised this time around, so things are looking up!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The hell is an Anthocyanin.
i.e What should I buy to complete this baseball trial?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The hell is an Anthocyanin.
i.e What should I buy to complete this baseball trial?

Its a nutrient found in strawberries.

Strawberry parfait

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Yechezkel posted:

I picked the middle one just because it had "Chie" in it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I propose this image gets used whenever a Yakuza game gets announced for localization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It always looks like Kiryu's about to cry in that picture, but you can see him starting to smile. It's a happy picture.

• Locked thread