Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Also I know it was fake but I'm confident NDT could probably actually squat what he did in that scene this episode. I don't know if he still keeps up with it but he was a beast back in his college and grad school days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Also I know it was fake but I'm confident NDT could probably actually squat what he did in that scene this episode. I don't know if he still keeps up with it but he was a beast back in his college and grad school days.

of course he did it. simple physics.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Of course he couldn't. Dude's pushing 50 or more, and unless he's eating a significant amount of calories and still looking like he does, he's not working out at all.

Looking like you do in college does not equate to how you look 30 years later.

Still, that was a cute little cameo. :allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how NDT kept trying to friend Gina. It's amazing how well the show can have an A, B and C plot and they're all fantastic.

They're going to have Jake's mom in a upcoming episode played by Katy Segal

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I like how NDT kept trying to friend Gina. It's amazing how well the show can have an A, B and C plot and they're all fantastic.

I really hope that this a a Katy Segal channeling Married with Children because that would be perfect.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

HERAK posted:

I really hope that this a a Katy Segal channeling Married with Children because that would be perfect.

Sons of Anarchy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

twistedmentat posted:

I just like NDT swooping in at the beginning.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

I just like NDT swooping in at the beginning.

Who dis?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Black Science Guy

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I need a youtube video of Andre Braugher saying "UNLEASH THE BEAST" to listen to every time I go to the gym.

Agreed, that was incredible in Andre Braugher's voice.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Tiny Terry loves Shark Tank!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yippie kayak mother buckets

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Zero One posted:

Yippie kayak mother buckets

I was actually very upset at how wrong he got that as well

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I was actually very upset at how wrong he got that as well

I imagine it's from an edited for TV version and that's the only one that Boyle has seen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Then it clearly would've been Mister Falcon :colbert:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I can't wait to dunk my junk.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Then it clearly would've been Mister Falcon :colbert:

That's how I grew up watching it. My immersion is ruined when I hear the actual cuss words

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

old dog child posted:

That's how I grew up watching it. My immersion is ruined when I hear the actual cuss words

My friends had a censored version of Aliens with the cursing blanked out. Entire sections turned into a silent movie.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

My friends had a censored version of Aliens with the cursing blanked out. Entire sections turned into a silent movie.

Watching Ed Wood on network TV was interesting.

Also hello there Rosa.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Another amazing episode.

The opening sequence with the bomb was fantastic and the Vulture coming straight out with the Kwanzaa joke was perfect.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

Jake's got beef with Clay.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The Melissa Fumero pregnancy hiding has started, I wonder if they will turn it up to 11 Austin Powers style.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Dunk my junk

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Rosa's butt!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

One of the better episodes this season. I love the stinger where Jake's all like "I know you have the moral high ground but it still makes me so angry" when Charles botches the catchphrase.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Overall I think it's been a good first half, I hope the second half has another appearance by Doug Judy.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

lifts cats over head posted:

Overall I think it's been a good first half, I hope the second half has another appearance by Doug Judy.

It will. It has to. He gets one episode a year.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Now that I think about it, it would have been a great set-up if Rosa kept alluding to a new boyfriend but refused to tell Jake only to have it be revealed it's Doug Judy. Although I guess that'd be way out of character for Rosa...

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
The Vulture has such amazing lines, the one about him wishing his lesbian neighbours were hotter was hilarious.

Gina got her flamethrower in the end! :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Don't think anyone's mentioned it here yet, B99 is moving to Tuesday come new year so that Fox has a proper sitcom block*

*This is a lie, they just want me to suffer by putting all my TV shows on the same day

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

*This is a lie, they just want me to suffer by putting all my TV shows on the same day

Why is it always Tuesdays!? What is it about Tuesdays!?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What else is getting moved over to Tuesdays?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

New Girl. And The Grinder and Grandfathered are already there (haven't seen Grandfathered).

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Limitless is on Tuesdays and should be mandatory viewing for everyone.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rarity posted:

Don't think anyone's mentioned it here yet, B99 is moving to Tuesday come new year so that Fox has a proper sitcom block*

I was already usually watching B99 a day or two late as is, so this isn't a big deal for me, but yeah, Tuesday is definitely the best TV day of the week with Flash/Agents of Shield back-to-back. On the flip side, I no longer have a single show I watch on Thursdays, so the scheduling has gotten all hosed up over the past couple of years.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Democratic Pirate posted:

Limitless is on Tuesdays and should be mandatory viewing for everyone.

I'm going to avoid emptyquoting by stating that OF COURSE Peralta's favorite movie is Die Hard and a B99 Christmas episode would have to basically be that. :magical:

Except for that one dumb guy having a normal name like Matt :fuckoff:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the pilot that Die Hard is his favorite movie and he wants to live it one day.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't wait to dunk my junk.
Holt :ughh:
:rosa shakes head:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
drat, Gina running off by herself in a store full of armed hostage-takers to go get loving hairspray really pushed her into a full on caricature. Not one of B99's better moments...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

drat, Gina running off by herself in a store full of armed hostage-takers to go get loving hairspray really pushed her into a full on caricature. Not one of B99's better moments...

In her defense, it worked, eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I just think the good sitcoms in recent years have characters with exaggerated features that can lack self-awareness for the sake of comedy, and that's fine. But it's a fine line between Gina saying that everybody in her abnormal psych class is "really interested in her" and not realizing why that is and Gina doing something that actively puts her life in danger for a gag. One is just a goofy, self-absorbed character doing something goofy and self-absorbed and one is that same character just being an idiot. Gina isn't stupid, it doesn't make sense for her character.

• Locked thread