Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
There's no way in hell I'm playing ten different game modes, there are only three good ones in the game to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So next double xp probably Xmas eh?

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Anyone around for some PSN goodness hit me up PSN: The_fuzzo

Honestly i really cant stand playing solo anymore...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Xenaero posted:

Holy poo poo level 1000, I wonder if a single person will get to that on PC before it dies.

I've already seen some people really loving high up there but I'm pretty sure those guys are nerds.

Edit: One of them said he wasn't but he also said he was Global Elite in CS:GO and real high rank in DOTA. Those seem like nerd things to me.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 16, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So next double xp probably Xmas eh?
Probably not, XBL / PSN servers are probably going to get bent over and hosed for two-three weeks again by the look of things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, there's another 'hacker' group claiming they're going to take them down over the holidays.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

So I didn't realize this before, because I suck at math apparently, but Ante Up gives you points toward every scorestreak. So if you get your first one and it would normally take 500 to get to the next, the next one also takes less score to get to.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I saw some guy with orange text who was master prestige level 62. Does that mean he's prestige'd 10 times and is now on level 62 of that?!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yep.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Gordon Shumway posted:

So I didn't realize this before, because I suck at math apparently, but Ante Up gives you points toward every scorestreak. So if you get your first one and it would normally take 500 to get to the next, the next one also takes less score to get to.

Is it always a straight 100 off? Can't be I guess. Is it a percent?

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

So I just used a Dart to shoot down a Wraith. Didn't get to see if it can also shoot down a HATR.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I need a group to stomp folks with because this is how I do things currently.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

I'm mthbonus on PSN

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
:siren: If you get one of the alternate melee weapons from the Black Market, you can use it before you actually unlock the knife :siren:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
but can i put a rainbow on it

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Lady Naga posted:

There's no way in hell I'm playing ten different game modes, there are only three good ones in the game to begin with.

That's why I said you have multiple sets per game mode and switch between them depending on the next map.

I guess I could have explained that better instead of compressing it into one sentence.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

but can i put a rainbow on it

You can use paintshop with it, not sure about rainbow because the decals aren't showing up.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Stux posted:

here is my official SMG tier list:

S tier: vesper
A tier: vmp, pharo
B tier: kuda
C tier: razorback
F tier: weevil

What is your opinion on assault rifles?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait so how many cod points is it per case? Does 200 points get you a 10 key case or a 30 key case?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wait so how many cod points is it per case? Does 200 points get you a 10 key case or a 30 key case?

You can't pay COD points for a common case, only a rare one.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
200 buys a rare case. So $2 = 30 cryptokeys.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I need a group to stomp folks with because this is how I do things currently.

I swear we played that Feel the Bern guy a few days ago. :tinfoil:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Javes posted:

Technically, it's a little less. CODCoin cases contain more bonus cryptokeys.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cryptokey rare cases also contain more bonus cryptokeys for some reason. I got 5 and 7 when I traded in for two cases last night.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ghostlight posted:

Cryptokey rare cases also contain more bonus cryptokeys for some reason. I got 5 and 7 when I traded in for two cases last night.

Commons don't give you any at all, I think. I got all 30 refunded from a rare case last night though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Lady Naga posted:

You can use paintshop with it, not sure about rainbow because the decals aren't showing up.

I was gonna ask why the gently caress I can't put stupid decals on my gun.

Also I learned that Domination is so much better for general experience and whatnot. I even got to pop my first few scorestreaks due to capping. :toot:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Javes posted:

That's really cheap, considering this is Activision.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

I swear we played that Feel the Bern guy a few days ago. :tinfoil:

He's on PC, you change your name at anytime on Steam. I'm sure lots of people have it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mill Village posted:

Like the Cerberus, you really have to control the Talon for it to be effective. The Talon is hilariously overpowered in Hardcore, though. I put it up high and snipe people with it. It only takes a half second of sustained fire to kill someone, unlike Core where you have to keep the gun on them for a few seconds.

I think the Cerberus should be a bit faster, though. If you triple cap in Dom and mess up the spawns, it tends to run in circles and get confused.

the talon ridiculous and you can easily rack up 5-10 kills with the thing under manual control. no idea why anyone would pick the cerberus over it

real nap poo poo posted:

What is your opinion on assault rifles?

they're all bad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Aphrodite posted:

That's really cheap, considering this is Activision.

Yeah I'd be interested in knowing what the average cryptokey refund from rare boxes is because I've gotten some really high ones (including getting 30 cryptokeys from a rare drop) so really it averages out to more than one box per 200 CoD points.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

When you're winning in Uplink, throwing the ball onto a roof so nobody can get it is a legit strategy. :laugh:

Spawntrapping is also incredibly easy to do as well.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Stux posted:

the talon ridiculous and you can easily rack up 5-10 kills with the thing under manual control. no idea why anyone would pick the cerberus over it

they're all bad

the talon is incredibly easy to shoot down w/ rockets and feels like it has much less health then wall-e

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Cerberus is fun to drop on B in Domination. Also toss a trophy in there.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

People also go batshit for ai cerberus in a way they don't for talons. They'll full-on suicide rush or focus on taking it out while they'll mostly ignore an ai talon because it's just backup bullets for you rather than patrol.

Most of my cerberus kills are just picking off guys desperately trying to missile it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

the talon is incredibly easy to shoot down w/ rockets and feels like it has much less health then wall-e

i guess thats true but the thing is so fast i dont find it getting shot down a lot because its p easy to just zoom about murdering their whole team, whereas the cerberus feels like a big target people cant ignore

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Something tells me I'm getting the Policia camo for the BlackCell first. Also I wish decals were on again so I can put "Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry" on it.

Unrelated, GOD DAMMIT I DON'T EVEN HAVE IT UNLOCKED YET WHY

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I do UAV/Care Package/Lightning Strike because I never trust myself to get higher than that.

Then every once in a while I'll go 15-0 at the beginning of a round and be mad at myself.

Edit: I legit did do UAV/Care Package/CUAV but I gained confidence after prestiging and said "I wanna bomb some fools with planes". Before I unlocked CUAV it was HDXD/UAV/Care Package.

I stopped running UAV and CUAV when people decided that they all were gonna pack blackcells at all times.Care package, lightning strike/sentry and then wraith/rolling thunder.

I have a very high kill rate on myself with rolling thunder.

Mill Village posted:

Like the Cerberus, you really have to control the Talon for it to be effective. The Talon is hilariously overpowered in Hardcore, though. I put it up high and snipe people with it. It only takes a half second of sustained fire to kill someone, unlike Core where you have to keep the gun on them for a few seconds.

I think the Cerberus should be a bit faster, though. If you triple cap in Dom and mess up the spawns, it tends to run in circles and get confused.

Yeah, the difference between user controlled and AI controlled talon and cerberus is just far too large. You can rack up double digit kills controlling them whilst the AI versions will get 2-3 and then generally be poo poo/get themselves killed.

versus posted:

ADS with SMGs outside of point blank.

Forever this. I'm fairly sure they are coded to shoot sideways when hip firing.

Lady Naga posted:

Now that I have all these CAC slots throw at me a bunch of ridiculous & good combinations for them.

scavanger, 2 trophy systems, trip mines. And a blackcell. (In diamond only)

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Anyone around for some PSN goodness hit me up PSN: The_fuzzo

Honestly i really cant stand playing solo anymore...

Nothing makes you Get Good (tm) like playing with pubbies and have them routinely fail you every night. I have developed powerful cod awareness and eyes in the back of my back via trusting no one in dom, friend or foe.

Superanos posted:

So I just used a Dart to shoot down a Wraith. Didn't get to see if it can also shoot down a HATR.

The calling card for darts loving scorestreaks up is delightful. Cute card would earn again.

Stux posted:

rockets!!!

Ghostlight posted:

People also go batshit for ai cerberus in a way they don't for talons. They'll full-on suicide rush or focus on taking it out while they'll mostly ignore an ai talon because it's just backup bullets for you rather than patrol.

Most of my cerberus kills are just picking off guys desperately trying to missile it.

Yeah seriously. people will suicide run the cerby and dump magazines into it whilst they will turn and run from a talon. When I say people I mean me, every time they are called in.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

In my camo quest I have started playing with the Dingo. It's the worst weapon in the game. It's an LMG that takes 4-5 body hits to kill so I will always lose if me and the enemy with any other gun start shooting at the same time.

I can't think of anything good about it other than the mag size (being an LMG), but you could just put Extended Mag on an assault rifle to achieve the same thing and without the super long reload.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Superanos posted:

In my camo quest I have started playing with the Dingo. It's the worst weapon in the game. It's an LMG that takes 4-5 body hits to kill so I will always lose if me and the enemy with any other gun start shooting at the same time.

I can't think of anything good about it other than the mag size (being an LMG), but you could just put Extended Mag on an assault rifle to achieve the same thing and without the super long reload.

The BRM and Dingo are a Manowar and a HVK with no High Caliber. I hated them both and was incredibly glad to see their rear ends, I won't be touching either again now that they're gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macys and Day Day are cool people to play shootymans. Those were some fun games last night. Except that 99-100 Loss on KC. That sucked.

• Locked thread