Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

I know stealth in XCOM beyond whats happening in 2 is a pipe dream, but I find if I fantasize features, it dulls the pain that is the wait :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rougey posted:

Ignoring that the above is awful and if we where not on an internet comedy forum I'd be concerned, I do like the idea of soldiers forming bonds with each other getting perks based on that.

e: wait, wrong quote/post to respond to.

I think the idea is neat but it could very easily go to poo poo. Chryssalid Romance Simulator 2016 is not what I want out of my XCOM 2.

Having a squad mechanic in place where soldiers perform better with their "regular" squad of fellow squadmates to sort of emphasize the idea of creating squads that stay together is cool and all but if XCOM2 is like EU/EW where you have an A-team and slot soldiers in/out individually it'd probably hurt more than help.

If there's a reward or good reason to rotate multiple full squads instead of just replacing individual soldiers mission by mission, then it could be pretty cool. Otherwise ... eh.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 16, 2015

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Operation eternal gap

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Film a low quality, "high brow" two hour movie critiquing the alien invasion that completely fails to hit on any real issues. E: You are required to act out the movie, similar to how Chroma Squad plays out.

Hack the alien's entertainment systems, force them to watch reruns of M.A.S.H until they either succumb to madness or sympathy.

Remove all the light-bulbs in the alien basements.

Reverse the polarity.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 16, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Normal Adult Human posted:

Operation eternal gap

:getin:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
One final question of Long War modding, then I gently caress off with it for good. Does anyone know where (if anywhere) I could mod the Damage Resistance values for individual robotic enemies?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyLoon posted:

One final question of Long War modding, then I gently caress off with it for good. Does anyone know where (if anywhere) I could mod the Damage Resistance values for individual robotic enemies?

Yes, I know where.

now gently caress off.

DefaultGameCore.ini, near the start

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 16, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Miftan posted:

Fire Emblem. What you want is Fire Emblem.

Actually I want Xcom Emblem but the closest I can get to that is doing a run of Xcom 2 with the soldiers named and modeled after the ones in Fates.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually I want Xcom Emblem but the closest I can get to that is doing a run of Xcom 2 with the soldiers named and modeled after the ones in Fates.

Hector wouldn't put up with any of this xeno bullshit. Someone mod Wolf Beil into XCOM2 instead of a sword.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

trucutru posted:

Yes, I know where.

now gently caress off.

DefaultGameCore.ini, near the start

This is an excerpt from that section, comparing a Cyberdisc (some DR) and Sectoid Commander (no DR) that I've gone over before already a few times (minus all the custom, large and small items parts, that are identical between the two):

quote:

Characters=( strName="", iType=eChar_Cyberdisc, HP=18, Offense=70, Defense=0, Mobility=18, SightRadius=27, Will=0, ShieldHP=0, CritHitChance=0, CritWoundChance=0, FlightFuel=32, Reaction=0, ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_Fly, ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_CloseCyberdisc, ABILITIES[2]=0, ABILITIES[3]=0, ABILITIES[4]=0, ABILITIES[5]=0, ABILITIES[6]=0, ABILITIES[7]=0, Properties[0]=eCP_AirEvade, Properties[1]=eCP_Flight, Properties[2]=eCP_DeathExplosion, Properties[3]=eCP_Robotic, Properties[4]=0, Properties[5]=0, bCanUse_eTraversal_Normal=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOver=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOnto=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbLadder=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_DropDown=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_Grapple=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_Landing=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWindow=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_KickDoor=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_JumpUp=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_WallClimb=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWall=False, kInventory=( iArmor=eItem_NONE, iPistol=eItem_NONE, eClass=eSC_None, bHasPsiGift=False, fBioElectricParticleScale=1.25 )

Characters=( strName="", iType=eChar_SectoidCommander, HP=15, Offense=65, Defense=20, Mobility=12, SightRadius=27, Will=90, ShieldHP=0, CritHitChance=0, CritWoundChance=0, FlightFuel=0, Reaction=0, ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_TakeCover, ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_PsiControl, ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_Mindfray, ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_GreaterMindMerge, ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_PsiPanic, ABILITIES[5]=0, ABILITIES[6]=0, ABILITIES[7]=0, Properties[0]=0, Properties[1]=0, Properties[2]=0, Properties[3]=0, Properties[4]=0, Properties[5]=0, bCanUse_eTraversal_Normal=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOver=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOnto=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbLadder=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_DropDown=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_Grapple=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_Landing=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWindow=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_KickDoor=True, bCanUse_eTraversal_JumpUp=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_WallClimb=False, bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWall=False, kInventory=( iArmor=eItem_NONE, iPistol=eItem_NONE, eClass=eSC_None, bHasPsiGift=False, fBioElectricParticleScale=0.75 )

I might be an idiot with this, but where in this does it state Cyberdisc's damage resistance as well as the Sectoid Commander's lack thereof? Because I sure as poo poo could never find it. I doubt it's the oddly-named ShieldHP part, because that number is always zero, or is there something else at work here?

amanasleep
May 21, 2008
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbG5Q10P9wM

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyLoon posted:

This is an excerpt from that section, comparing a Cyberdisc (some DR) and Sectoid Commander (no DR) that I've gone over before already a few times (minus all the custom, large and small items parts, that are identical between the two):

I might be an idiot with this, but where in this does it state Cyberdisc's damage resistance as well as the Sectoid Commander's lack thereof? Because I sure as poo poo could never find it. I doubt it's the oddly-named ShieldHP part, because that number is always zero, or is there something else at work here?

quote:

; ALIEN AUTOMATIC UPGRADES
;iDamage=Damage Bonus
;iCritHit=Alien Research threshhold to apply bonus;
;iAim=xxyy (xx=critical bonus, yy=aim bonus);
;iDefense=xxyy (x.x=Damage Reduction; yy Defense bonus)
;iHP=xxyy (xx=ShieldHp; yy HP bonus)
;iMobility=Mobility Bonus
;iWill=xxyy (xx=bonus regen (above +2 base granted by perk 45), yy Will bonus)

BalanceMods_Normal=(eType=eChar_Sectoid, iDamage=0, iCritHit=15, iAim=0, iDefense=0, iHP=1, iMobility=0, iWill=10)

BalanceMods_Normal=(eType=eChar_Cyberdisc, iDamage=0, iCritHit=0, iAim=0, iDefense=2000, iHP=0, iMobility=0, iWill=0)

So a low-level sectoid has 0 damage reduction, and a low-level disk has 2 (20 x 0.1), and both have 0 defense bonus

quote:

BalanceMods_Normal=(eType=eChar_Outsider, iDamage=0, iCritHit=240, iAim=5, iDefense=1010, iHP=3, iMobility=1, iWill=105)

this outsider level has +1 dr and +10 def.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 16, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
As that Russian trooper said in the XCOM 2 E3 video: "Understood. Shutting up."

Proceeds to be smothered by snaketits to death

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

LotsBread posted:

quit posting you piece of poo poo

everytime I see your name, i get loving ulcers, that's how bad your writing is

Sounds like you need a hug.
Around the neck.
With a rope.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Junpei posted:

Around the neck.
With a rope.

:shrek:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Psion posted:

I think the idea is neat but it could very easily go to poo poo. Chryssalid Romance Simulator 2016 is not what I want out of my XCOM 2.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :colbert:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Junpei posted:

Around the neck.
With a rope.

Maybe with a snake tongue instead.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Internet Kraken posted:

Maybe with a snake tongue instead.

Bondage is weird.
And try making that joke when half of your soldier deaths are because of Viper choking.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Rougey posted:

Ignoring that the above is awful and if we where not on an internet comedy forum I'd be concerned, I do like the idea of soldiers forming bonds with each other getting perks based on that.

For example:
- a sole survivor from a near squad wipe becomes "hardened", with a bonus to will and will not panic when teammates die in future
- if two soldiers are buddies and one dies, the other has a chance to go berserk (lose control, but squad mate will attack the closest enemy, advancing out of cover with a bonus to damage)
- soldiers who have lost a lot of buddies become immune to panic when teammates die, but have difficulty forming bonds.
- soldiers who are buddies get stat bonuses if they're within a couple of tiles of eachother

Soldiers become buddies by bonding in the skyranger to and from missions, saving eachother, or from the commander playing a dating sim minigame and setting up blind dates and trying to make them fall in love and buy a house with a white picket fence and :suicide:

Oh yeah it's fine if you want to gently caress Kaiden and Garrus but if I want to romance my xcom squad then it's weird.

But in all seriousness if you want squad based relationship bonuses, you could just randomly give everyone a zodiac sign and base it off of that. Have signs that do better get bonuses, signs that do worse get slight penalties, and then for the most compatible signs of the opposite gender give a big bonus. (Gender opposition ensures you can't stack all squad interactions with the bonus). Then enemies can have this assignment as well.

I think it would be a good system that would make for one of the best SRPGs ever.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

itskage posted:

Oh yeah it's fine if you want to gently caress Kaiden and Garrus but if I want to romance my xcom squad then it's weird.

But in all seriousness if you want squad based relationship bonuses, you could just randomly give everyone a zodiac sign and base it off of that. Have signs that do better get bonuses, signs that do worse get slight penalties, and then for the most compatible signs of the opposite gender give a big bonus. (Gender opposition ensures you can't stack all squad interactions with the bonus). Then enemies can have this assignment as well.

I think it would be a good system that would make for one of the best SRPGs ever.

A very successful game already did that.
It was called Final Fantasy Tactics.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Junpei posted:

Please never post

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Emy posted:

Please never post

Stop acting like I killed your dad's, everyone.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread something about a Beagle voice pack for LW? Anyone got a link for it? And any other voice packs as well?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Junpei posted:

Are you loving kidding me? You think some SRPG from PS1 era that couldn't even get a direct sequel was good?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

itskage posted:

Are you loving kidding me? You think some SRPG from PS1 era that couldn't even get a direct sequel was good?

Yes.
Also, thank you, I wear the title of "nerd" with pride.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Junpei posted:

You should stop posting for multiple reasons, one of them is mixing up Final Fantasy Tactics with Fire Emblem.

Orgophlax posted:

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread something about a Beagle voice pack for LW? Anyone got a link for it? And any other voice packs as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz1YVT3ZIUs
Download links in the description

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Junpei posted:

Yes.
Also, thank you, I wear the title of "nerd" with pride.

you are really not getting this whole 'posting on the internet' thing

like seriously it absolutely stuns me how someone can have so many base misconceptions about a method of communication

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

this is what social media has wrought

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Bholder posted:

You should stop posting for multiple reasons, one of them is mixing up Final Fantasy Tactics with Fire Emblem.

Unfortunately, I was talking about FFT. :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jimbot posted:

The trailer for the new Independence Day movie gave me strong XCOM vibes.

Oh my god I cannot believe they're making a sequel to that movie.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

itskage posted:

Actually romancing Kaiden is absolutely not fine and an indicator of extremely poor taste.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Junpei posted:

Killed my dad's what?

Orgophlax posted:

I am very excited about voice mods for XCOM 2, because it will mean I can make my 80s Kurt Russell trooper all the more accurate.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

RandallODim posted:

I am very excited about voice mods for XCOM 2, because it will mean I can make my 80s Kurt Russell trooper all the more accurate.
john madden

Caros
May 14, 2008

RandallODim posted:

Killed my dad's what?

Sick grammar burn. If you hadn't, I would have.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Coolguye posted:

john madden

Where's my mod to replace all of Central's lines with John Madden, that's what I want to know.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

RandallODim posted:

Killed my dad's what?

Autocorrect, ment dad collectively, like...

YOUR DAD GETS KILLED!
YOUR DAD GETS KILLED!
EVERYONE'S DAD GETS KILLED!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Junpei posted:

Autocorrect, ment dad collectively, like...

YOUR DAD GETS KILLED!
YOUR DAD GETS KILLED!
EVERYONE'S DAD GETS KILLED!

how do you type this and think 'hm yes this is a valuable post that a sane person makes'

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Coolguye posted:

how do you type this and think 'hm yes this is a valuable post that a sane person makes'

It was a joke.
God, some people don't have a sense of humor AT ALL.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Hey, I get a pass because I'm autistic!
And why does everyone hate me because IM EXCITED ABOUT A GAME AND TALK ABOUT THE GAME ON A FORUM ABOUT THE GAME!!!
Losers.
Idiots.

• Locked thread