Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's a surprising amount of memetic activity around Gary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Erdricks posted:

I tried to name my Sylvari "Gary Oak" on launch night, but someone had already grabbed it within the first 15-20 seconds ;(

I bet someone had a GW1 character with that name, so had reserved it already.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Hello GW2 thread, it's been a while.

Who sent me this, and is it a bomb?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I imagine it's purestrain Canadian butter

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tivac posted:

Hello GW2 thread, it's been a while.

Who sent me this, and is it a bomb?

Never open anything from Burnaby.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Also, it's not a bomb, but it opens a new collection that lets you build your own bomb.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well, a collection that lets you unlock a recipe that will let you build the precursor to the precursor to the precursor for your bomb. It also costs more than the equivalent of buying an Abrams tank outright.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The real gift is the uncensored return address, now we can send Arus (or whoever) stacks of butter IRL :btroll:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It's a precurser. You plug it in and it swears at you.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

The real gift is the uncensored return address, now we can send Arus (or whoever) stacks of butter IRL :btroll:

I'm way above living in that hellhole.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Is there a point to Toypocoypse beyond "smash everything you see and build as much stuff as you can"? Because that's all I do. It's like tower defense for noobs. I'm worried though, given the teams are so small, that my tendency to arrange a million ballistas in pretty patterns all over the map is detrimental somehow.

Although the bell choir thing seems to give the most presents. And holy poo poo how are they still selling for 10 silver I am making mad money here. That can't last can it? Once everyone has drunk or ate their 10k of whatever the price is gonna tank isn't it? - or is there something in those boxes worth opening them all for. I opened a stack for laughs and got a skrit holding a box mini. Are there skins n stuff too?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I hope the package is nothing but photocopies of asura butt

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Lonk posted:

I hope the package is nothing but photocopies of asura butt

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
For 20,000 mouseclicks you too can have snowflakes float around your character.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
You can just click consume all, its the cost that sucks.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

malhavok posted:

You can just click consume all, its the cost that sucks.

wow, loving casuals

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

Fixed a bug that caused the Preserved Queen Bee item to be replaced with the Winter’s Presence upgrade. Preserved Queen Bee items have been restored.

Well, I have my bee back, but also still the blue Wintersday cloud.

Good try guys!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Good try guys!

I'd call that a win.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Good try guys!

should be green and come with fart noises

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Really would prefer my options to not be reset to default every single time I log on.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Serves you right for ever logging off

(also apparently it doesn't happen if you back out all the way to char select and log out there)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mike12345 posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

mike12345 posted:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

There's really no difference between the two, hth.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Good try guys!

Now you look like an underdressed beekeeper.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Good try guys!

You look better without the mask. :)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Finished the HoT storyline. Oh my god, what a miserable boss fight. That was the worst slog I ever bothered to finish.

Anyway, the storyline was improved over what came before in that certain moments were occasionally interesting, but none of those moments ever got built on because the story was so short that nobody had focus for longer than a single mission. Mordremoth in particular was amazingly generic and everything he said could have been replaced with a <generic evil taunting TBI>.

Not looking forward to more grinding meta-events forever, and the game seems to have moved away from everything that was innovative and fun about itself, so, I guess I'm done. Call me if it ever gets good again!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

good parts of story:

egg cutscene

choice of 2 paths thing, present in the first two story missions then never again

guitar frog

warbler ("ew.")

sylvari specific story events (these ruled)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is the Royal Terrace any good?

Probably not, but curious

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 17, 2015

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Really would prefer my options to not be reset to default every single time I log on.

Oh god no, I spent freaking hours last night setting my options up to get my fps above 20 and I'm too noob to remember exactly what I did :sadfruckingface:

oddly though, even with a lot of stuff set to low it still looks better than wow so I'm calling it a win.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
i dont understand pubbies and their inability to count enemies in pvp, realize that 1 is less than 4, and turn around instead of suiciding into the enemy team over and over

like just go to another point, there's 4 on that point so we can easily take the other two

Dreggon posted:

if you need what it has, yes

i have my warrior parked there for crafting, but my revenant is carrying around a bunch of permanent items that render it essentially obsolete

however, they're two different characters, so the area is pretty good yes

Hrm. Decisions decisions. Unfortunately I only have one character that can make ascended crap and they're the one I play the most, so parking them there is less than ideal.

On the other hand, passes go on sale like once a year and I have nothing better to burn gems on, and I'll definitely want one eventually to park someone there for easy everything access and easy ascended crafting. Sold!

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 17, 2015

Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

Is the Royal Terrace any good?

Probably not, but curious

if you need what it has, yes

i have my warrior parked there for crafting, but my revenant is carrying around a bunch of permanent items that render it essentially obsolete

however, they're two different characters, so the area is pretty good yes

Aug 24, 2011

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Hey, Beavis...

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

learnincurve posted:

Oh god no, I spent freaking hours last night setting my options up to get my fps above 20 and I'm too noob to remember exactly what I did :sadfruckingface:

oddly though, even with a lot of stuff set to low it still looks better than wow so I'm calling it a win.

Pretty sure it's just the General Options page and bag settings that gets reset. My graphic options haven't changed at all.

Also, there is a workaround to keep your settings from getting reset every time. I've used it half a dozen times now without losing my settings.
  1. Click the the gear/hit ESC
  2. Click Log Out
  3. Click Character Select
  4. Click the the gear/hit ESC
  5. Click Log Out
  6. Click Log Out again
  7. Click X to close the patcher

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

GI_Clutch posted:

Pretty sure it's just the General Options page and bag settings that gets reset. My graphic options haven't changed at all.

Also, there is a workaround to keep your settings from getting reset every time. I've used it half a dozen times now without losing my settings.
  1. Click the the gear/hit ESC
  2. Click Log Out
  3. Click Character Select
  4. Click the the gear/hit ESC
  5. Click Log Out
  6. Click Log Out again
  7. Click X to close the patcher

You can also just Log Out -> Log Out -> X the launcher.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Yeah, going to character select doesn't seem to make the process any more robust. It's just logging out to the launcher and then exiting that that seems to make settings get saved.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Nice. I saw the longass version of the official forums last night and it worked, so I went with it. You know, besides all of the times I hastily quit to deal with something and forgot.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Good try guys!

You're being haunted by the holiday spirit. 2spooky5me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

mike12345 posted:

• Locked thread