Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM

Medullah posted:

Post your name and I'll invite you if you're on now.

I'm online now on V'erra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Post your name and I'll invite you if you're on now.

Can I get an invite too? Name is Somatic.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

So guild vote. I'm proposing a 3 day ban on spoiler talk in guild chat for Force Awakens, people can use a custom channel like tngspoilers to discuss until Monday. Anyone opposed ?

3 days at the minimum, I'd say. With the holidays, I can see some people not having a chance to get to the movies for a bit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

3 days at the minimum, I'd say. With the holidays, I can see some people not having a chance to get to the movies for a bit.

My vote, for what it's worth (literally nothing, because I'm probably not gonna play until I see the movie anyway) is at least a week, honestly. Otherwise it's a situation of "see it on opening weekend or don't read guild chat" because you know goons can't help themselves

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Ainsley McTree posted:

My vote, for what it's worth (literally nothing, because I'm probably not gonna play until I see the movie anyway) is at least a week, honestly. Otherwise it's a situation of "see it on opening weekend or don't read guild chat" because you know goons can't help themselves
Agreed. I'd honestly say it wouldn't be unreasonable to ban spoilerchat all the way through to January and just use the chat channel as suggested.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
After the Christmas weekend is probably good.

Though, meanwhile is every other public chat channel.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I'll be watching the new movie on Wednesday I think. Til then I've shut off every public channel in my chat window

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

So guild vote. I'm proposing a 3 day ban on spoiler talk in guild chat for Force Awakens, people can use a custom channel like tngspoilers to discuss until Monday. Anyone opposed ?

I would've proposed a week, but I guess 3 days is fair.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jedi posted:

I would've proposed a week, but I guess 3 days is fair.

We'll do until after Christmas, few whispers seems to be the consensus.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Generally speaking, it's not polite to spoil any movie at any time, because of common decency. If a movie came out 20 years ago, and somebody hasn't seen it, you know, don't be a dick about it. If it's something brand new, then definitely don't be a dick about it. Star Wars is certainly not an exception to the rule. There will be a million spoiler-friendly discussions going on around the internet if you need to vent about it somewhere. Keep it out of public spaces, like, indefinitely, if you're not trying to be a dick. This should really go without saying.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Generally speaking, it's not polite to spoil any movie at any time, because of common decency. If a movie came out 20 years ago, and somebody hasn't seen it, you know, don't be a dick about it. If it's something brand new, then definitely don't be a dick about it. Star Wars is certainly not an exception to the rule. There will be a million spoiler-friendly discussions going on around the internet if you need to vent about it somewhere. Keep it out of public spaces, like, indefinitely, if you're not trying to be a dick. This should really go without saying.
Mega agreedo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah, but if I don't say something...people will. Goons will be goons.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
So I took this up again after quitting three months after it opened. I really have enjoyed the story lines and KOTFE is quite good (although you can see they are on a budget with the installment thing, although the quality of what they have done is high).

My question is, I got drunk and bought a 30x crate and got lucky and now have 25m credits. How should I spend this? The gearing thing seems simple but thats usually a trap. I have a juggernaut with 208 gear finishing up the purple quests from previous expansions (which are also quite good). No crystals worth speaking off. Please tell me what to do.

The reason I quit years ago was that exploit where the market was basically ruined from day one and they did nothing for weeks despite said exploit being known in beta. I think it was some instance reset thing. It essentially turned the game into single player mode because there was literally nothing worth doing outside that. Did that just happen again with this vendor thing?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Nien posted:

So I took this up again after quitting three months after it opened. I really have enjoyed the story lines and KOTFE is quite good (although you can see they are on a budget with the installment thing, although the quality of what they have done is high).

My question is, I got drunk and bought a 30x crate and got lucky and now have 25m credits. How should I spend this? The gearing thing seems simple but thats usually a trap. I have a juggernaut with 208 gear finishing up the purple quests from previous expansions (which are also quite good). No crystals worth speaking off. Please tell me what to do.

The reason I quit years ago was that exploit where the market was basically ruined from day one and they did nothing for weeks despite said exploit being known in beta. I think it was some instance reset thing. It essentially turned the game into single player mode because there was literally nothing worth doing outside that. Did that just happen again with this vendor thing?

Somewhat related to this, but what would you guys suggest someone buy on the GTN if they had a ton of money and wanted as few limitations as possible whenever they rolled back to preferred? I';m not sure what to search for on the GTN in terms of unlocks.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Verranicus posted:

Somewhat related to this, but what would you guys suggest someone buy on the GTN if they had a ton of money and wanted as few limitations as possible whenever they rolled back to preferred? I';m not sure what to search for on the GTN in terms of unlocks.

"Account" is a good general search term, since most of the QoL unlocks have both single character and account versions, and presumably you'll want unlocks that affect any new characters you make later. But ones to look out for in particular are Artifact Authorization, Crew Skill slot unlock, extra quickbars, Event Authorization, maaaaaaybe Section X access if you're interested in getting HK-51 on multiple characters without paying CCs or a million credits each time (but honestly his quest is enough of a pain that you probably won't want to go through it more than once). Then there's cosmetic stuff like Hide Head Slot, Companion Customization Authorization... and I wanna say Unify Armor Color is an unlock too? Or maybe I'm just imagining that one.

Also if you're planning on staying Preferred you might want a few Escrow Unlocks so you can temporarily exceed the credit cap and buy some of the more expensive pretty princess poo poo, but usually I just wait to make my bigger purchases until I feel like I'm playing the game enough to warrant a month-long sub.

EDIT: Oh, and Server Character Slots. I can't remember how many characters you're allowed as Preferred, but if you have more than the limit then you'll be forced to "activate" the ones you like once you drop your sub, and won't be allowed to make any new ones (or log onto unactivated old ones) until you delete some or re-sub.

Crindee fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 17, 2015

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I'd suggest you give me some of them; I just discovered they added dyes while I wasn't playing and now my pretty-pretty-princess minigame has gotten a lot more expensive.

On a slightly more serious note - is there a decent guide to making money these days? I have a few character at 50 with a few crafting skills (mostly slicing, diplomacy... maybe one other?) at 400 spread between them, but when I quit a couple years back selling even a blue mission on GTN wouldn't necessarily get you more than the cost of sending your minion out to get the mission for you in the first place.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Digital Osmosis posted:

I'd suggest you give me some of them; I just discovered they added dyes while I wasn't playing and now my pretty-pretty-princess minigame has gotten a lot more expensive.

On a slightly more serious note - is there a decent guide to making money these days? I have a few character at 50 with a few crafting skills (mostly slicing, diplomacy... maybe one other?) at 400 spread between them, but when I quit a couple years back selling even a blue mission on GTN wouldn't necessarily get you more than the cost of sending your minion out to get the mission for you in the first place.

I bought up a few of the 500 gathering missions for about 7000 each. Made a couple hundred out of it. I expect that the real profits are elsewhere. I don't even know what is a large amount of money in this game.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Telex posted:

Nothing compares to the WoW zombie plague event that pretty much made the cities in the games total absurd (but fun) wastelands for a day. You didn't even get to play your own character any more, you got turned into a total faction neutral zombie that was hostile to everyone and a new set of buttons and nobody was actually safe from zombies (duh) so all the people who avoid playing with people were forced to not only flee the cities, but if they stayed they got turned into zombies because who's gonna sit and spam a cleanse on a rando, when it's more fun to attack as a zombie?

So good. Such a great event that will never happen again because too many people whined.

There was another great WoW event back in the day that also involved snowballs; they added a gargantuan supply of throwable snowballs to Alterac Valley (the 40v40 battleground which is less of a battleground and more of a sandbox or a race to zerg rush the other team's NPC general depending on what era of the game we're in) which did no damage but actually knocked back hit targets a substantial distance. And even better, could be used on allies.

Naturally a lot of bored people doing the honor grind started knocking their teammates off bridges into canyons and poo poo, and instead of taking it in stride and throwing snowballs back and letting something stupid liven up a competitively meaningless mass PVP battlefield for two weeks people complained so vociferously that they took away the knockback.

I still have screenshots on some derelict HD of people calling me racial and sexual slurs, begging me to stop, and threatening to report me often simply because I knocked them back from safe ground to safe ground without interrupting them or causing them to take damage or anything. I'll never understand how joyless some people can be about a loving videogame.

Baku fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 17, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I still have screenshots on some derelict HD of people calling me racial and sexual slurs, begging me to stop, and threatening to report me often simply because I knocked them back from safe ground to safe ground without interrupting them or causing them to take damage or anything.

I find it uncomfortable and unpleasant when other people can move my character around. I'm not saying I would flip out over snowballs, but it can be obnoxious when your ability to determine your own location is removed. (Somebody charges at me? Fine. Somebody yanks me over to them? Irritating, even though the same thing has happened in both cases, really.)

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
The ground beneath the bridge to Alliance base during the knockback snowballs looked like the lion cave in The Ghost and the Darkness.

JS game update: I'm level 46 and am just starting Quesh in the SI storyline. Besides the class quests I've been doing the story arc quest on every planet, have done every heroic 2+ on each planet one time to get gear, and have done probably 20 or so space battle missions (the rail shooter ones), and have done solo flashpoints Black Talon, Boarding Party, and the Foundry. It's SO NICE to be able to level this way, I remember at launch you straight-up had to do every... single... thing... on every planet that could possibly generate XP to leave the planet at a suitable level. poo poo, I remember grinding mobs at some points, which is basically the loving Dark Ages of MMO levelling design.

If the game had been at launch what it is today it would have been a legit WoW competitor. I still can't believe they poured all the work they did into their excellent flashpoints and then launched the game without a loving dungeon finder.

SI class quest: I'm pretty bummed that dried-up hag Darth Zash is inhabiting my bad-rear end monster friend. I hope at some point I get to kick her out of his body and kill her rear end again. I also already hate my companion Ashara, what a loving loon. "I won't do anything that conflicts with the Jedi code!" This after straight-up murdering a helpless prisoner, betraying her masters, and helping me lead an attack that killed hundreds of civilians and drove the Republic entirely off Taris. Whatever dumbfuck, get on the ship and get your rear end out there treasure hunting, that's your life from now on.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I've starting running a tank alt, because f*ck it, I was taking all the aggro anyway, as DPS.

I... I never knew how bad pubs really were. *sob*

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Moreau posted:

I've starting running a tank alt, because f*ck it, I was taking all the aggro anyway, as DPS.

I'm running around solo as a jugg tank in soresu form and I'm not really wanting to tank flashpoints because then I'd have to play with other people and I know how terrible tanking for pubs is. And how terrible I am at games.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Moreau posted:

It's both infuriating and hilarious at the same time. Was running Dread Palace in group finder on an alt and some guardian fell off of the level every single time Tyrans would get rid of a square.

Every. Single. Time.

At first I was getting mad, as the healer, but since it happened so often and he seemed to have no idea why I decided that guy was ok. Awful but ok.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

If I should happen to be online, and I see someone talking spoilers before I have the chance to see the movie, they will be kicked from the guild and not allowed back in until they submit crossover erotic fanfiction featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi/Kylo Ren/Revan/Jar-Jar Binks, of at least 2000 words long, to fanfiction.net and receive an overall positive rating from user reviews.

In other words:

Nerd Of Prey posted:

don't be a dick about it

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Nipponophile posted:

If I should happen to be online, and I see someone talking spoilers before I have the chance to see the movie, they will be kicked from the guild and not allowed back in until they submit crossover erotic fanfiction featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi/Kylo Ren/Revan/Jar-Jar Binks, of at least 2000 words long, to fanfiction.net and receive an overall positive rating from user reviews.

This is why you're guild leader.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I've already had to turn off chat channels in game because even though it was strongly hinted to by a Bioware poster on the forums that people spoiling on purpose would be punished there's no shortage of assholes.

EDIT: How are people selling 10+ stacks of 99 adaptive circuitry? I'm lucky to get 10 in a day. Do they have a chance to drop from any rank 8 slicing mission and these guys are just signing on every 20 minutes of every day to send their companions out? Oh, and do companions still have strengths in what professions they do best at?

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 17, 2015

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I dunno, i'm just not playing the game tonight, I've got tickets to Friday night IMAX, so gently caress it there's nothing I need to do in-game that can't wait until the weekend.

don't really wanna chance it on someone wanting to be funny or a dick about things either in guild or in game or whatever.

I also just can't open twitter, instagram or reddit even though I know there are people who are trying to police poo poo or whatever on reddit. Just ain't worth it.

kicking back and watching some Fargo, playing Fallout 4 and avoiding the internet for the rest of the day and tomorrow seems like a solid plan. Condolences for anyone who can't at least see the film this weekend, cause the internet's full of dicks.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Verranicus posted:

EDIT: How are people selling 10+ stacks of 99 adaptive circuitry? I'm lucky to get 10 in a day. Do they have a chance to drop from any rank 8 slicing mission and these guys are just signing on every 20 minutes of every day to send their companions out? Oh, and do companions still have strengths in what professions they do best at?

I have my T7 at influence 48 or 49 on my Scoundrel and he crits the rich missions roughly 75% of the time and they take less than 10 minutes. So multiple characters with high influence companions make this pretty viable. I'm getting ready to boost my operative, assassin and juggernauts companions to 40+ and make a mint

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rannison posted:

I have my T7 at influence 48 or 49 on my Scoundrel and he crits the rich missions roughly 75% of the time and they take less than 10 minutes. So multiple characters with high influence companions make this pretty viable. I'm getting ready to boost my operative, assassin and juggernauts companions to 40+ and make a mint

Yeah, I have about 8 toons with slicing and when I feel like it I build up adaptive circuitry stacks pretty quick - it was my main source of income in 3.0.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

Companions don't have individual skills anymore (like Vette used to have +5 treasure hunting, T7 +2 slicing, etc) it's 100% tied to influence level.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Verranicus posted:

EDIT: How are people selling 10+ stacks of 99 adaptive circuitry? I'm lucky to get 10 in a day. Do they have a chance to drop from any rank 8 slicing mission and these guys are just signing on every 20 minutes of every day to send their companions out?

Well you have people like myself who can log in at work. I can't exactly play but I can log in to check the GTN and craft fairly often. You also only need 1 (maybe 2) chars with the other Mission Skills (UT, Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting) so I have like 16 chars with 500 Slicing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Ahh, that all makes sense. Thanks.

There's a lot of talk on the forums about a promotion where if you sub before a certain date you get 60 days instead of 30? Is this true and are there any steps needed to take to do it besides just subbing through the main site?

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 17, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nonentity, can you make these glasses happen please?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Nonentity, can you make these glasses happen please?

Yes, I can.

But should I? That is the question.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Yes, I can.

But should I? That is the question.

Only if the glasses also give you the emperor face too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When do we get Vaylin's costume?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So I dunno if this is a bug or "Working as intended" to discourage it, but if you take a set of gear that's legacy bound with a set bonus and transfer it to another toon, it loses that set bonus until you take the armorings out, and then put them back in. So 15k per piece you want to share set bonus on. Grrr.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Once I hit the reputation cap on a planet, is there any reason to go back there? I'm very close to maxing cz-198, yavin 4 and oricon, which is worrisome, considering doing those dailies on multiple characters is a significant chunk of my playtime (even though I don't actually want any of the Legend status rep items [outside of the sweet Czerka desk. of course]).

I'd like to raid with you goons more if possible. My characters in the guild are Catfoods and Catf'ud- please don't hesitate to ask if you need a dps that also requires the fights being explained (sorry).

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Yavin 4 has probably the highest concentration of gathering nodes of every kind, I sometimes go back for those and treat the quests as a side activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
There sure are a lot of people on the official forums treating this Rakghoul thing as Bioware actively sabotaging their own game so a new one can be made. It is lovely of them to release a bugged event, refuse to fix it and say "do it next month" but still.

• Locked thread