Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
That's a good point.
I think if they don't completely abandon this storyline, it might undo a whole lot of poo poo actually. Might be pleasant to watch, even.

One thing I am sort of shocked about is that there've been no bust-out-singing scenes this season. Maybe Gaga wanted to be all serioussssss or something, but we've pretty much had a musical scene every season, right? Except for Murder House.
Of course, some of the scenes are straight up music videos themselves, especially in the first episode, so never mind. But I would've loved to see Liz do some kind of grand piano scene. Like in Being John Malkovich. Malkoviiiiiich Malkoviiiiich....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MadSparkle posted:

One thing I am sort of shocked about is that there've been no bust-out-singing scenes this season.
They did manage to shoehorn a few of her song titles into the script.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
What's hosed is the 10Com Killer offing migrant workers for the "remember the Sabbath day" commandment when all the other murders were of people who made a choice and had some measure of "power over". Migrants are bottom rung labor and really have no choice when it's work when told to work or get fired.... also stuff from the New Testament about gleaning on the Sabbath... but I'll stop sperging on theology.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Vicodiva posted:

What's hosed is the 10Com Killer offing migrant workers for the "remember the Sabbath day" commandment when all the other murders were of people who made a choice and had some measure of "power over". Migrants are bottom rung labor and really have no choice when it's work when told to work or get fired.... also stuff from the New Testament about gleaning on the Sabbath... but I'll stop sperging on theology.

I highly doubt that James March actually cared about sticking to any sort of hard "rules" when selecting his victims, and he certainly didn't care if anybody was actually breaking the commandments. He even told John that he basically picked that as his theme because it was a nice round number.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

He also started off killing drifters and such until the Countess told him to make it count. So maybe he was still in the habit.

Did he refer to her as the Countess when he was telling Ms Evers he wouldn't marry her? I don't remember seeing anything about how she picked up the title.

Also that scene made me sad for Ms Evers and annoyed at March for the first time all season. He could have been nicer about it :(

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
I realize this show is full of loopholes, but in order for the whole not feeding=measles angle to work, wouldn't you have to assume that NONE of the kids got vaccinated? None of the other vampires seem very worried about measles laying around, but it affects the kids? Or maybe I'm just missing how exactly this plot point lines up. Oh well, it's still an enjoyable watch for me, and much MUCH better than Freak Show. Much.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I'm assuming there's enough people not vaccinating against vampire measles that herd immunity is compromised.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
I had the same thought myself about the measles angle - I mean it's not completely unlikely that all these kids didn't get vaccinated but it seems weird because how is it all of them aren't ? What happened to the ones who were?
Don't really feel like thinking about it at all, so instead I will remain dazzled by the fabulousness of the cast.
I do wonder what will ultimately happen to March and the ghosts - will Cortez be burned down or demolished? And then what. Hmmm.

MadSparkle fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 13, 2015

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In the real world there are some schools in California with a very high proportion of unvaccinated students, it's a major problem right now.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

MadSparkle posted:

I had the same thought myself about the measles angle - I mean it's not completely unlikely that all these kids didn't get vaccinated but it seems weird because how is it all of them aren't ? What happened to the ones who were?
Don't really feel like thinking about it at all, so instead I will remain dazzled by the fabulousness of the cast.
I do wonder what will ultimately happen to March and the ghosts - will Cortez be burned down or demolished? And then what. Hmmm.

Its like the flu. You need a new flu shot each year since it changes significantly year to year due to mutation and your vaccine only protects against specific strains. Its not a stretch for this new immortality/vampire strain to be different enough that a standard measles vaccine doesn't work. Plus herd immunity issues.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Eh, we were supposed to believe the kids would immediately and without question slaughter their school staff, drink their blood, and then do the same to all of their parents, so it doesn't matter. I guess that's just how it goes down in the O.C.

We've been on the run, driving in the sun, looking out for number one.....

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Just finished episodes 7. This season has been kicking rear end so far, especially compared to the last two seasons. Yeah, the show spins it's wheels and yeah, it still feels kinda plotless, but it's so much ore entertaining than the painful slog of freak show.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

OmegaBR posted:

Eh, we were supposed to believe the kids would immediately and without question slaughter their school staff, drink their blood, and then do the same to all of their parents, so it doesn't matter. I guess that's just how it goes down in the O.C.

We've been on the run, driving in the sun, looking out for number one.....

To be fair I wanted to kill his mom since episode 1.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tonight on American Horror Story: "She Gets Revenge"

Alex enlists John's help in containing an outbreak; Donovan learns the Countess's true intentions; Liz and Iris plan to leave the hotel for good.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

I wonder how many times we will see lady gaga's eyebrows tonight. How many times she'll be playing peekaboo with them.
Does she only draw in her eyebrows when she's feeling kind of vulnerable?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How many times will we see her butt?

One. As is contractually mandated.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Fewer times than we see a man's butt. I think that's in the show bible somewhere.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Thinking about another loophole today, and kind of a major one - what determines who gets trapped in the hotel as a ghost? The vague idea of "unfinished business" is what we've been told, but that would presumably apply to any number of people, including but not limited to, all of March's murders, the couple from the foursome, the Tinder guy with the beard, Tristan, Will, and any number of other victims the Countess might be responsible for within the hotel's walls.

We know the Swedish girls, the fashionista, and the hipster couple are around (also that random schoolteacher who became a killer,) and the girls were simply wandering around until given a "purpose." But given how ghosts can interact with and even kill the living, you'd think more of them would try to do so. Specifically, what's stopping all these victims from making the life of The Countess a living hell? Sally got killed after all and roams the halls. Unless March is head ghost and found a way to subdue the others.

Maybe this was explained better in season one and my memory escapes me.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

OmegaBR posted:

Thinking about another loophole today, and kind of a major one - what determines who gets trapped in the hotel as a ghost? The vague idea of "unfinished business" is what we've been told, but that would presumably apply to any number of people, including but not limited to, all of March's murders, the couple from the foursome, the Tinder guy with the beard, Tristan, Will, and any number of other victims the Countess might be responsible for within the hotel's walls.

We know the Swedish girls, the fashionista, and the hipster couple are around (also that random schoolteacher who became a killer,) and the girls were simply wandering around until given a "purpose." But given how ghosts can interact with and even kill the living, you'd think more of them would try to do so. Specifically, what's stopping all these victims from making the life of The Countess a living hell? Sally got killed after all and roams the halls. Unless March is head ghost and found a way to subdue the others.

yes Im sure they'll clear all of that right up for us

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

OmegaBR posted:

timp posted:

yes Im sure they'll clear all of that right up for us

For any other show I'd say, "Maybe they have a series bible." But this is AHS. The only rule in this show is that Ryan Murphy has a type: tall, white, and brunette.... oh and make up poo poo as you go.

"Unfinished business" was also imparted by an unreliable source. Actually, all the characters this season are unreliable to think of it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Calico Heart posted:

Just finished episodes 7. This season has been kicking rear end so far, especially compared to the last two seasons. Yeah, the show spins it's wheels and yeah, it still feels kinda plotless, but it's so much ore entertaining than the painful slog of freak show.

It's pretty decent, pulpy soap opera that's lightly tinged with horror themes and blood so we're at least back on track with what season 1 promised. Season 2 was just such a vast improvement over the first that you can't help but compare every season to it and that's not really fair. This season's been almost as good as the first, and if it keeps up even this level of not-bad-ness then I'm fine. I'd prefer another Asylum but that probably won't happen again.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Based on the time we got to see them spend together Liz is a stage 1 million clinger.

Can't imagine a world without that guy I had sex with that one time.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Prediction: Liz's son is happy to see him, accepting of his lifestyle, and is also gay.

Liz, who is adamant she is not gay, is disgusted by this, leading to a blowup.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hey buildup, bang. subplot over.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Welp, that's how they died.

Oh and come on now Murphy, that Schwimmer as Kardashian promo was more gratuitous than every sex scene this season.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I guess they could all slowly die of measles, since I'm not expecting them to off a bunch of kids. Who knows though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This show has so many heel turns that it might as well be a bunch of high cheekboned brunette hunks spinning in a circle for ~60 minutes.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

So ... John knows all about the blood virus, he knows Holden is infected, he knows Alex is too, he knows Alex lied to him and tried to drive him insane, he knows who the Countess is because Alex is under her employ, and he presumably knows the Countess kidnapped Holden triggering almost all of these events into motion.

For a show that's so obsessed with sex, they really have no idea what a climax is, do they?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ryan Murphy's Incredibly Stupid Soap Opera

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
ahahaha what

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
No, show me the rest of Iris's tribute video.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Welp, that's how they died.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This show is so far from horror it is scary.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
guns

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

This show is so far from horror it is scary.

Took me five seasons to realize it. It's right in the name. American Horror Story. The story is horrific.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It might have all been worth it for that final shot.

And what do you mean it's not horror? They totally showed an ear kabob in a jar aren't you scared?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Hey look who's back.

Three episodes left, what do we honestly have left? Alex finding out about Sally? Bleh.

I mean, Iris and Liz actually sprucing up the hotel as their own would be fun I suppose. But barring that, you kill everybody, you make everybody a ghost, it means nothing really matters in the end. Every possible big reveal has been done with all the excitement of changing the linens.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

OmegaBR posted:

But barring that, you kill everybody, you make everybody a ghost, it means nothing really matters in the end.

Three out of five seasons so far have featured (and overused) ways to bring dead characters back to life (or 'life'). I think the aliens in Asylum kind of did it too, but at least that just happened once or twice if I'm remembering correctly.

Hell, even Freak Show figured out it had no way to bring characters back, so they just waited until the last episode to kill literally everybody. And then they all showed up in the afterlife dream sequence anyway!

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Gabourey Sidibe's going to be in the next episode? Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magile
May 20, 2008
I really believe that Iris & Liz are going to have a Pulp Fiction moment where all of their shots hit NOTHING.

edit: Because, let's be honest, do they know how to fire guns properly?

• Locked thread