Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
What? They're... going to do an anime?

*gasps nervously*

I just want to know who's directing it, who's the music composer, which studio is in charge of animating it, anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry, I'm doing a blood ritual to ensure that Seiji Kishi stays far away from this.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

All I want is filler

adapt every promotional image, writers, slather the anime filler all over me

Does this include the one where Edgeworth makes a chocolate statue of Phoenix?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HelloWinter posted:

What? They're... going to do an anime?

*gasps nervously*

I just want to know who's directing it, who's the music composer, which studio is in charge of animating it, anything.

I think it's Bones like the DD cutscenes, and they'll announce the director at Jump Festa in a few days, along with info about AA6.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Does this include the one where Edgeworth makes a chocolate statue of Phoenix?

it loving better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Strange Quark posted:

Don't worry, I'm doing a blood ritual to ensure that Seiji Kishi stays far away from this.

He's busy doing rear end Class then the new Danganronpa thing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

rear end Class

Nice post/av combo

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

On the surface the Ace Attorney anime will be about lawyers doing wacky stuff but when you dig a little it turns into the adventures of a single father and his gaggle of children.

Are they playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MvC3 didn't exist in 2008.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

This is exactly how I felt when I first played Ace Attorney.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

On the surface the Ace Attorney anime will be about lawyers doing wacky stuff but when you dig a little it turns into the adventures of a single father and his gaggle of children.

Unfortunately I don't think the anime will be about single Dad Phoenix. :(

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In an ideal world the anime would be set immediately after Nick loses his badge and show us his slow, gradual descent into hoboism. Nick becomes a grape juice addict as his friends begin to abandon him over how smelly he's become as a hobo. Nick eventually gets his piano job.

The last episode adapts 4-1, but from Nick's perspective. We find out that he makes that convoluted plan to frame Kristoph on the spot. Apollo punches Nick. Fade to black, cut to credits.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 17, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Never before has the feeling of Ace Attorney Ecstasy been represented as well as it is here.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Raxivace posted:

In an ideal world the anime would be set immediately after Nick loses his badge and show us his slow, gradual descent into hoboism until he gets his job playing the piano.

The last episode adapts 4-1, but from Nick's perspective. We find out that he makes that convoluted plan to frame Kristoph on the spot. Apollo punches Nick. Fade to black, cut to credits.

Only if there's an entire episode of him dealing with his badge-loss grief by gorging on burgers and watching Steel Samurai marathons with Maya.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raxivace posted:

In an ideal world the anime would be set immediately after Nick loses his badge and show us his slow, gradual descent into hoboism. Nick becomes a grape juice addict as his friends begin to abandon him over how smelly he's become as a hobo. Nick eventually gets his piano job.

Phoenix: ...and that's how I lost my badge.
Franziska: How sad. Please excuse me for a moment.

*Franziska walks outside, the sound of her celebrating loudly can be heard*

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I imagine Franziska would feel angry because she never got the chance to punish the foolish fool who thinks foolish thoughts in a court of law.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

God, this reminded me that back around AJ's release on the ol' Court Records forums, "And that's how I became a hobo" was pretty much our "The Aristocrats."

Memories.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The anime should be set after DD because that's when the Wright family is at its biggest.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The anime should be set after DD because that's when the Wright family is at its biggest.

For now.

Phoenix will probably adopt someone during his Tibetan vacation.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Franziska would be the most pissed off of all about it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Franziska would whip half of Japanifornia for robbing her of the chance to defeat that foolish fool Phoenix Wright.

Phoenix included for being a foolhardy fool foolish enough to present false evidence like a foolish fool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's too bad there won't be an AAI3 because I would love for a case around it.

Like one where a murder happens related to it and Edgeworth figures out a good deal of the events behind it, but can't actually act on it for whatever reason.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

Never before has the feeling of Ace Attorney Ecstasy been represented as well as it is here.

It's missing the part where he says 'oh uh, I meant there weren't three of me there ... yeah that should stick' and the Judge allows me to amend his testimony for the 10th time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also the part where I check to see if the music is still playing, and if so, I reset the system.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's also the part where I check to see if the music is still playing, and if so, I reset the system.

I like how a few of the games actually pull a fast one with this and continue playing the music even if you're right.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

When are we getting more info about the anime?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mabels big day posted:

When are we getting more info about the anime?

Jump Festa, which is in like two days.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Along with AA6 information, though I probably wouldn't expect anything about the localization until E3, or maybe a Nintendo Direct.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I am pleased in Ace Attorney Six featuring Athena Cykes, Apollo Justice, and Phoenix Wright, we will finally be seeing Maya again. After eight years. Probably.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

I am pleased in Ace Attorney Six featuring Athena Cykes, Apollo Justice, and Phoenix Wright, we will finally be seeing Maya again. After eight years. Probably.

It would actually be really funny if they go all the way to setting half the of the game in the literal homeland of the Kurain Channeling Technique and there's no Maya

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope Athena is still there doing cool stuff.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

I hope Athena is still there doing cool stuff.

Same. Though I think there's basically no chance of her not showing up at all. But I don't think she's going to be playable this time, which is a bit of a shame.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I don't care if Maya is in the next game, I just want to know if Gumshoe is still alive and well.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Same. Though I think there's basically no chance of her not showing up at all. But I don't think she's going to be playable this time, which is a bit of a shame.

She better get at least one case.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

She better get at least one case.

I hope so to.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
"Phoenix, thank god you're here! Master Maya is on trial for murder."

"So a normal visit, then."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I know I'm late on the PLvsPW retread but my favorite case in the game is the very first one because it feels the most like an actual Ace Attorney game and not a weird compromise between the two settings that lacks the charm of either.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lurdiak posted:

I know I'm late on the PLvsPW retread but my favorite case in the game is the very first one because it feels the most like an actual Ace Attorney game and not a weird compromise between the two settings that lacks the charm of either.

The extra material makes it apparent that there were some major creative differences that resulted in half-assed compromises rather than having it be canceled.

Never let the Layton team near a script again, just put them in the corner and let them make puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I dunno about that- the dialogue in the Layton games is usually pretty solid, though not quite as quotable as the Ace Attorney scripts.

• Locked thread