Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Textless Ice Cauldron. :allears:

Island // Fish Jasconius.

This is the best.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Holy poo poo the Magic TV shows. How did I not know about this before, it's loving hilarious.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh my god the power armor at the end of the space set

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zoness posted:

it's still around too:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/magic/draftools/760KjI0g5M/draftviewer.html

my favorite cards are textless chains of mephistopheles and bro // ken fall

This is incredible.

Though how do you prioritize which part of Mark Rosewater's face to take?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
SuicideSteve is about to play LSV on his stream in vintage.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Bugsy posted:

SuicideSteve is about to play LSV on his stream in vintage.

That was amazing.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
this is some real hosed up :getin: kinda magic

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.
ya'll are just missing out on boatwads of fun by not looking at new subforum names because sometimes they're funny including fyad but also others so :cheers:

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
So much tangle work shops

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Well I got a match which TBH is more than I expected. There's a reason I never played Frobots, aside from owning 0 Ravagers. It's probably the best build of Workshops if people are just letting you do your thing but it's absurdly fragile. Like, "oh man there's a Null Rod I can never win now" fragile. Also holy crap LSV's luck is absurd. Dude just has turn 1 Lodestone Golem every game. I think I drew one in all of our games. I kinda wish I'd played better, but it's 2 AM and I never play very well on MTGO to begin with, let alone when I'm pass-out tired.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

stinkles1112 posted:

He's blue also, see Herald of Kozilek

Seeing as all the Titans are actually colourless, I don't think he's blue. :colbert:

I think lore wise the Titan's powers and their broods can exist across the whole wubrg spectrum though, besides the fact we haven't seen much white, which to be fair may be part of Emi's shtick though right now she only seems to have the Vestige, a red Drone, and I can't remember what she had around last time that was specifically in reference to her. From Kozi both times around, though, we've seen Inquisition (Black), Herald (Red/Blue) and Predator (Green).

Oh god, Sinestro P1P1'd One with Nothing.

Rimusutera fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Dec 17, 2015

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
On the one hand, sure, the eldrazi titans are colorless.

On the other hand, if they weren't, Ulamog would be G, and Kozilek would be U, maybe UB.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is incredible.

Though how do you prioritize which part of Mark Rosewater's face to take?

So looking at Tom Riddle's pack 1, they're all misprint cards, but I don't know the story behind some of them:

Anthologies Mirri Cat Warrior should be a 2/3
Hurricane has a blue border
Serendib Efreet has a green border
Drudge Skeletons Swamp
Alpha/Beta (I think it's just alpha?) Orcish Oriflame should be 2R instead of 1R
Wald is a Plains-arted Forest
*Not sure on Laquatus' Horror (name?) but IIRC it doesn't have the second half of the nightmare text, but I can't read Russian
*Cyclopean Tomb - no idea
*Orcish Artillery - no idea
*Cursed Scroll - not sure but I seem to recall there's a version where the naming cards doesn't work right, maybe it's something like that?
Serra Angel looks like Time Elemental
*Oboro Envoy - no idea, I've never seen this card before
Iff Biff Efreet has Serendib Efreet's art
*Reflecting Pool - no idea, the text looks right to me?
Beta Volcanic Islands do not exist because they were left off the printing sheet

Not sure if I hosed any of these up and I only knew half of them off the top of my head (and have only seen the Mirri and the Walds in real life - saw a dude who tried to play his Walds in Enchantress but the judge told him no) but I was impressed that I knew that many.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Sigma-X posted:

So looking at Tom Riddle's pack 1, they're all misprint cards, but I don't know the story behind some of them:

Anthologies Mirri Cat Warrior should be a 2/3
Hurricane has a blue border
Drudge Skeletons Swamp
Alpha/Beta (I think it's just alpha?) Orcish Oriflame should be 2R instead of 1R
Wald is a Plains-arted Forest
*Not sure on Laquatus' Horror (name?) but IIRC it doesn't have the second half of the nightmare text, but I can't read Russian
*Cyclopean Tomb - no idea
*Orcish Artillery - no idea
*Cursed Scroll - not sure but I seem to recall there's a version where the naming cards doesn't work right, maybe it's something like that?
*Oboro Envoy - no idea, I've never seen this card before
*Reflecting Pool - no idea, the text looks right to me?
Beta Volcanic Islands do not exist because they were left off the printing sheet

Not sure if I hosed any of these up and I only knew half of them off the top of my head (and have only seen the Mirri and the Walds in real life - saw a dude who tried to play his Walds in Enchantress but the judge told him no) but I was impressed that I knew that many.

Cyclopean Tomb is missing the mana cost
Orcish Artillery should be 1RR
Oboro Envoy should have "until end of turn" on the effect
Reflecting Pool has a white mana watermark

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Blue Hurricane and Green Serendib Efreet were both from the "summer magic" misprint run. It was a print run intended for England that was supposed to fix some issues like the Serendib Efreet thing, but it hosed other things up. Like the Serendib Efreet thing, and as you see the blue Hurricane. It's probably the rarest out of all of these things because some boxes actually did get circulated, but not very many.

Iff Biff Efreet, Time Elemental, and Drudge Skeleton were all misprinted art. Wald is the same deal, these cards were all just literally printed with the wrong art.

Cyclopean Tomb was initially printed without a mana cost. Alpha Orcish Artillery was printed as a 1R card.

Not sure on the others.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

GeneX posted:

On the one hand, sure, the eldrazi titans are colorless.

On the other hand, if they weren't, Ulamog would be G, and Kozilek would be U, maybe UB.
Ulamog would have to be at least two of W/B/G to get away with shooting arbitrary permanents.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sigma-X posted:

The Japanese Cursed Scroll has a 2 mana activation cost instead of 3.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

rabidsquid posted:

Blue Hurricane and Green Serendib Efreet were both from the "summer magic" misprint run. It was a print run intended for England that was supposed to fix some issues like the Serendib Efreet thing, but it hosed other things up. Like the Serendib Efreet thing, and as you see the blue Hurricane. It's probably the rarest out of all of these things because some boxes actually did get circulated, but not very many.

Iff Biff Efreet, Time Elemental, and Drudge Skeleton were all misprinted art. Wald is the same deal, these cards were all just literally printed with the wrong art.

Cyclopean Tomb was initially printed without a mana cost. Alpha Orcish Artillery was printed as a 1R card.

Not sure on the others.

Green Serendib is actually from Revised and quite common.

Also, Beta Volcanic exists. It's Alpha that doesn't.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Wald also has a plains border, not just the art.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I've recently realized that the value of the cards in my EDH deck has gotten rather high, and I usually play decks that feature cards that many playgroups don't care for (Land destruction, discard, group hug).

This has me a little concerned. So, I thought I'd ask the thread, what caliber firearm should I purchase to stand my ground and defend my sovereign EDH deck and person?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
If you play moat and shoot someone is that covered under the Eiganjo Castle doctrine.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I've recently realized that the value of the cards in my EDH deck has gotten rather high, and I usually play decks that feature cards that many playgroups don't care for (Land destruction, discard, group hug).

This has me a little concerned. So, I thought I'd ask the thread, what caliber firearm should I purchase to stand my ground and defend my sovereign EDH deck and person?

Make sure you live in a state that doesn't require you to attempt to leave (hold your ground clause), and then I recommend a .45. You could get crazy and buy a .357 magnum but that seems like bringing damnation as spot removal. Also don't play with people who get violent over wizard poker, hth.

I've never considered my cards to be something that are at risk in the wild, because so few people know their worth. Maybe I should replace them all with Chinese counterfeits. For protection.

I also wish that I owned a workshop so I could turn 1 trinisphere people, but Land, Sol Ring, Thorn of Amethyst works pretty well I find. Especially because you can almost always play a turn 2 arbiter to follow it up.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

for anybody who does not already it would behoove you to read the past couple pages of the edh thread to better understand this post

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
it seems likely that it would not behoove

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

UberJew posted:

for anybody who does not already it would behoove you to read the past couple pages of the edh thread to better understand this post

Reading about other people's experiences with EDH is worse than actually playing EDH, no thanks.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cactrot posted:

Reading about other people's experiences with EDH is worse than actually playing EDH, no thanks.
This is like a classic chicken/egg scenario. It's all awful.
I have to hear about people's garbage commander decks at the store I work a few nights at.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

UberJew posted:

For anyone who does not want to read the posting equivalent of slamming your dick in a car door, maybe you could summarize it for us.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

For anyone who does not want to read the posting equivalent of slamming your dick in a car door, maybe you could summarize it for us.

An EDH player happens to have a concealed carry permit, carries at LGS, and makes poor jokes about it. Goons have opinions about it give him poo poo and point out how absurd his statements are. EDH thread is briefly visited by TFR apparently, and it is dumb.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 17, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Olothreutes posted:

An EDH player happens to have a concealed carry permit, carries at LGS. Goons have opinions about it.

carries at lgs because "it's unsafe" :laffo:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Olothreutes posted:

An EDH player happens to have a concealed carry permit, carries at LGS. Goons have opinions about it.

lol, yeah. That's totes what was said. Wink, wink.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

Also the person felt that carrying a concealed gun was relevant to mention apropos of how his opponents probably don't appreciate his stax deck in casual multiplayer games.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 17, 2015

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Zoness posted:

carries at lgs because "it's unsafe" :laffo:

Toshimo posted:

lol, yeah. That's totes what was said. Wink, wink.

I honestly wasn't paying too much attention, and wasn't willing to go reread it.

E: Thanks to you guys I've reread it. Poster with a CCL is probably trying to be sarcastic, but is also a moron apparently.

Static Equilibrium posted:

Also the person felt that carrying a concealed gun was relevant to bring up apropos to how his opponents probably don't appreciate his stax deck in casual multiplayer games.

That was pretty clearly sarcasm, and I don't think it was even brought up by him? E: Yep, it was. Awesome. Anyway:

Regardless, it's dumb. Don't shoot people, especially over wizard cards.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 17, 2015

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Sigma-X posted:

Slight correction: the art on both of them is Ifh-Biff Efreet. The misprinted Serendib Efreet has both the wrong border and the wrong art.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

That was pretty clearly sarcasm, and I don't think it was even brought up by him?
Joking about shooting people over a card game is pretty hosed up when it turns out that you in fact decided to bring a gun with you to that card game.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if you have circle of protection: artifacts out does that prevent damage from guns?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

When I saw the person at the center of the nonsense, I was not surprised.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Static Equilibrium posted:

Joking about shooting people over a card game is pretty hosed up when it turns out that you in fact decided to bring a gun with you to that card game.

Yeah I had forgotten about that post and thought the whole thing was started by the dude posting the big lebowski thing. It was pretty clearly in bad taste, whatever the intention.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

EDH makes me want to off myself too.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

EDH makes me want to off myself too.

EDH is perfect in every way.
For I have 6 EDH decks, 0 Vintage/Legacy Decks, and only 1 Modern deck. :colbert:
Q.E.D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Zoness posted:

if you have circle of protection: artifacts out does that prevent damage from guns?

Equipment cards give the creature the ability, or at least that's how the saying goes.

• Locked thread