Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Parkingtigers posted:

Frag out.

Oops.

HAHA. Your grenades are the bane of my existence. Literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Ubisoft uPlay support was actually extremely helpful and got the issue corrected.

I think I'm going to go through the spreadsheet and add some goons to play with.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 16, 2015

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The DLC textures are almost 9GB!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Ubisoft uPlay support was actually extremely helpful and got the issue corrected.

I think I'm going to go through the spreadsheet and add some goons to play with.

Added myself to the list. I'd like to play with some PS4 goons with mics!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

he1ixx posted:

I have been playing almost exclusively Terrorist Hunt on PS4 and haven't had any issues with how it runs. I usually run it Lone Wolf or a small group of friends though so maybe there are issues with full parties. It is great. One of my favorite game modes ever.

Yea the reason you dont notice anything wrong is you're playing the mode exclusively. I play mostly MP & do terrorist hunt to chill / complete challenges. MP runs at 60 FPS. Terrorist hunt runs at 30 FPS. The difference is very, very noticeable. TH feels super sluggish doing anything. MP is very responsive. Its the super silky smooth MP gameplay that ruins it for me. I'm sure if I played TH for a week straight it would adjust and I'd stop noticing it. Kind of like how I played the poo poo out of destiny prior to R6 and didnt really care but now when I switch from R6 to Destiny it feels laggier because the FPS is lower on Destiny.

Edit: I have a 1.7 KDR right now in ranked and a 1.5 ratio but ive been stuck between Silver III and Silver IV. Part of it is that I play some random matches here and there so I havent had a chance to stick it out with a good pub team to try and go on a run. I got this team last night of absolute idiots who didnt know poo poo from a butt, and I backed out, and requeued after a minute and it stuck me with the same 4 goobers again. JFC. Finally got on a good team after that one and only got 2 matches in (to reclaim the ranks that poo poo team stole from me) before I had to go to bed :mad:

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 16, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Have you guys maybe considered that actually winning in a team based game might hold more weight than whatever kdr you have at the end?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Actually Copper to Diamond, with 3 Platinum ranks and single Diamond rank.

Edit:
He's salty because hid kd there rarely drops below 5 while arguably worst player in our group is Gold 2 and can shoot even if his life depends on it.

I have been corrected!

Haven't done much ranked myself since the open beta, are the ranks still super erratic? In the beta I went from silver 4, to gold 2, gold 4 then platinum 2, then down to silver 3 after a single loss. This was over like 6 matches.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

pandaK posted:

Have you guys maybe considered that actually winning in a team based game might hold more weight than whatever kdr you have at the end?

Yeah, I thought this would be more important. However, I think there should be a blend instead of either or. If you constantly carry your team then your ranking should be higher. At the same time, if you are the guy that runs off to the basement while the rest of your team is guarding the hostage on the second floor, and after your 4 teammates die you are slowly crouch walking back and forth waiting for the perfect ambush, maybe you deserve less points/lower rank than your teammates.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

I have been corrected!

Haven't done much ranked myself since the open beta, are the ranks still super erratic? In the beta I went from silver 4, to gold 2, gold 4 then platinum 2, then down to silver 3 after a single loss. This was over like 6 matches.
The update promised adjustments to changing ranks, so time will show now. Until the game was by large eager to demote, but not quite so vice verse.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I would like KD to have more weight in losses so that when I kill 3 ppl and then die, and the remaining 2 enemies mop up all 4 of my idiotfucker teammates I dont lose my rank.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

El Jebus posted:

Yeah, I thought this would be more important. However, I think there should be a blend instead of either or. If you constantly carry your team then your ranking should be higher. At the same time, if you are the guy that runs off to the basement while the rest of your team is guarding the hostage on the second floor, and after your 4 teammates die you are slowly crouch walking back and forth waiting for the perfect ambush, maybe you deserve less points/lower rank than your teammates.

If you constantly carry your team, that is going to be reflected in your win rate. The game is 5 kills or complete the objective to win no matter what, and rewarding (or punishing) for kills would discourage support play like playing Montagne or using drones and cameras to scout for your team rather than going for kills.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Liberatore posted:

If you constantly carry your team, that is going to be reflected in your win rate. The game is 5 kills or complete the objective to win no matter what, and rewarding (or punishing) for kills would discourage support play like playing Montagne or using drones and cameras to scout for your team rather than going for kills.

That is a very good point and not one I can disagree with. Maybe it needs to be weighted differently for attacking and defending teams? I picked up some good do the other day just by running twitch drone around zapping people and my team breached. +20 drone assist a few times plus spotting just before a kill.

Jerkface posted:

I would like KD to have more weight in losses so that when I kill 3 ppl and then die, and the remaining 2 enemies mop up all 4 of my idiotfucker teammates I dont lose my rank.

Yeah, like this.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Welp, turns out the ultra textures can't be used with a 970. Went from a solid 60+ down to 20-30.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

Welp, turns out the ultra textures can't be used with a 970. Went from a solid 60+ down to 20-30.
Jesus Christ, how did they even loving manage that.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Sorry, turns out it wasn't just the ultra textures causing it. The patch in general has made performance piss poor, using the same settings that previously gave me stable 60+ now fluctuates between 30-50.

e: Or not :v: I uninstalled the ultra textures and it was set to Very High in the settings, but it didn't actually uninstall the ultra textures and still had them active. Changing the textures to something else and back to Very High fixed the performance.

Still, ultra textures cannot be used with a 970.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 16, 2015

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Has this patch upped tick rates on PC servers? I'd be interested in your impressions on the change. I have the PS4 version, and will only get any changes to tick rates after they've been shown to be "worth it" on PC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dezztroy posted:

i hope my 980ti can run it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dezztroy posted:

Sorry, turns out it wasn't just the ultra textures causing it. The patch in general has made performance piss poor, using the same settings that previously gave me stable 60+ now fluctuates between 30-50.

e: Or not :v: I uninstalled the ultra textures and it was set to Very High in the settings, but it didn't actually uninstall the ultra textures and still had them active. Changing the textures to something else and back to Very High fixed the performance.

Still, ultra textures cannot be used with a 970.

ohhhhhhh

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The video memory meter in the graphics menu goes up to juuust under 4GB with ultra textures on.

If you missed it there was actually a controversy over the GTX970 because while it technically has 4GB of video RAM the last 512mb of it is far slower than the other 3.5GB. This means that the 970 takes a huge hit to performance if it has to use over 3.5GB of memory. Thanks Nvidia!

You might be able to turn down enough other settings to get it down to less than 3.5GB with ultra textures but I doubt it's worth having the nice textures if all your other settings are set to minimum.

Ultra textures will probably work ok with any other card with 4GB RAM, if you've got more than 4GB you'll be fine.

Gunder posted:

Has this patch upped tick rates on PC servers? I'd be interested in your impressions on the change. I have the PS4 version, and will only get any changes to tick rates after they've been shown to be "worth it" on PC.

I just played a couple matches with goons and it does seem a little better, hard to tell yet though. Could be placebo.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 16, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have 6 GB ram in my video card :smuggo:

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Running Ultra textures with most everything maxed (besides bloom/LOD) on a 970 with no problems or FPS drops.

EDIT: I lied, I had some other stuff lowered and didn't notice.

Captn Kurp fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 17, 2015

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I have 6 GB ram in my video card :smuggo:

pretty jelly right now my 280x runs like hot loud garbage and artifacts if i put anything sides lod and textures on high

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Gunder posted:

It could be that I'm playing on Brazilian servers (30-50ms latency), but it seems a lot better. I've had multiple cases where I've been able to retaliate against a peeking enemy, realizing that the exact same situation prior to the patch would have resulted in me dying before I even saw the guy.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
https://youtu.be/UzJTRQlwSM4

Keketkat
As requested, don't know if song is good enough.
I don't know that many dubstep songs.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Man, using Montagne with pubbies is not a good time. I'm standing there with my shield extended, getting shot at and I've been marking the enemy for 30 seconds straight, and no one decides to shoot him.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

Man, using Montagne with pubbies is not a good time. I'm standing there with my shield extended, getting shot at and I've been marking the enemy for 30 seconds straight, and no one decides to shoot him.
"RETARDED SHIELD, CYKA, SHOOT HIM!"

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Is there some cool new exploit with this patch to place unlimited items? I just played on a team with a mute who dropped 4 or 5 jammers.

e: :downs: I thought he only had 2 for some raisin.

Rahu fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 17, 2015

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Rahu posted:

Is there some cool new exploit with this patch to place unlimited items? I just played on a team with a mute who dropped 4 or 5 jammers.

Mute gets 4 jammers.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Also you can pick them up and move them (and most other deployables) so it's possible to run into one with a drone and then find the same one protecting a wall from Thermite a little bit later.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
ive won like 6 games in a row and still no rank up from SIV wtf cmon, this game demotes me on a whim gimme a rank

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Post patch on Xbone it seems like the servers are even more hosed, my friends and I are seeing someone dropped literally every match. No warning or lag, just a dropped connection.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

El Jebus posted:

Mute gets 4 jammers.

On launch I joined a game where everyone had 99 of their special items. I was ash. I blew up every God drat wall.

Also does anyone feel like the framerate took a dive from this patch? I didn't install the ultra rez texture pack.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerkface posted:

ive won like 6 games in a row and still no rank up from SIV wtf cmon, this game demotes me on a whim gimme a rank
So this remains. Thanks Ubisoft.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Post patch on Xbone it seems like the servers are even more hosed, my friends and I are seeing someone dropped literally every match. No warning or lag, just a dropped connection.

Its weird because they seem to have fixed the issue where backing out would gently caress up your party. which is appreciated, but yea ppl dropping every match.

I got demoted in ranked match where my friend got disconnected from the game (with all internet every other app/phone/console working fine) which sucked rear end. They need to have a reconnect option or a join friend option. Or fill the drat spot. Why is the fill so random? Why do I gotta play 5v4.

There is a higher chance of the game randomly disconnecting someone on the other team and ending the game 4v4 than it is to fill it back up to 5v5.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Jerkface posted:

For what it's worth

1.19 k/d ratio
12 w/l ratio

Gold 1

I've never seen anyone above Gold 4.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I've seen Platinum 3, friends have met a Diamond player, allegedly.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Schnugaf posted:

https://youtu.be/UzJTRQlwSM4

Keketkat
As requested, don't know if song is good enough.
I don't know that many dubstep songs.

You're a god among men.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Krogort posted:

For what it's worth

1.19 k/d ratio
12 w/l ratio

Gold 1

I've never seen anyone above Gold 4.

I'm Gold 1 myself, at 2.69 K/D, 6 W/L.

The stats don't matter, it's who you're pitted against (and with). I got to Gold 1 pretty quickly, as I was facing a lot of Gold ranked players. But now everyone I face seems to be Silver, so it's taking a while.

Jerkface posted:

There is a higher chance of the game randomly disconnecting someone on the other team and ending the game 4v4 than it is to fill it back up to 5v5.

There is no chance of the game filling back up, in ranked. That is a feature in casual only. Either the person who disconnected reconnects, which they rarely get the option to, or you deal with playing with a man down.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I get carried so hard by goons every time we play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Anyone notice some weird poo poo happening since patch? Multiple times saw people start rappelling and get put on the opposite side of whatever wall they tried to go up. Totally not cool when you're trying to breach a wall and end up on the other side in plain sight and facing away from the dudes with guns.

• Locked thread