Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dreggon posted:

good parts of story:

egg cutscene

choice of 2 paths thing, present in the first two story missions then never again

guitar frog

warbler ("ew.")

sylvari specific story events (these ruled)

Obviously you didn't join the Whispers in vanilla;

I've missed you Tybalt. Now grab and an apple and let's finish this!

One of the few parts of the story to legit make me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
So Chak Garent meta is a crap load easier now. Should make Ley line spark/crystal farming slightly less painful. Just got it done where 4 randoms tagged up, managed a kill even when 3 other lanes flooded ogre when they cried for help. seems scaling is no longer an issue

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I can make anything look good dammit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Any tips on how to make poo poo look good?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

expensive dyes and gem store outfits apparently

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

mind the walrus posted:

an oxy and a bottle of jack daniels

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

-black
-gold
-outfits
-bee gem

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

-black
-gold
-outfits
-bee gem

so close :(

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

What causes the bee aura, anyways?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Trebuchet King posted:

Google gw2 bee aura > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Preserved_Queen_Bee first result.

It's really crazy how many questions can be answered by the first results of google these days, so easy to forget about it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 18, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you are all lovely people

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Alteisen posted:

you are all lovely people

This is a much better approach at things. Herein lies the path to happiness. You have chosen wisely!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Trebuchet King posted:

Nic Cage snooping around too much.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
did they do something to pet health? i just logged in and my bristleback both have the exact same health which seems a bit odd, especially when the bristle had nearly 50k.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
They reduced the health on the birstleback specifically I think, it wasn't supposed to have that much health in the first place.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

I don't care about achievements so I sold all the alcohol at 8-10 silver each.

Wow, thanks for that. I had about 50 of each of the alcohols already, sold them all for about 9 silver each. For a poor like me that nearly doubled my gold!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Any advice or resources on getting better at pvp? I'm just kind of slamming my head against the wall in Emerald and have no idea how to even know what I'm doing wrong. It's unbelievably frustrating

E: I'm watching qqmore but I'm also looking for like how to not get my rear end beaten horribly in almost every 1v1 ever. Are there any classes that are particularly fun/easy to learn/easy to do okay with?

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 18, 2015

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
After months of not playing due to the whole HoT debacle, I logged in to do the Christmas quests and noticed I had a black lion chest key. Opened it and to my surprise got a Permanent Hair Stylist Contract! Not sure what I'm going to do with this cause I don't even have the gold for the AH listing fees. Apparently people will buy these for up to $100 on mmo trading sites but that seems kind of insane.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Magres posted:

Any advice or resources on getting better at pvp? I'm just kind of slamming my head against the wall in Emerald and have no idea how to even know what I'm doing wrong. It's unbelievably frustrating

E: I'm watching qqmore but I'm also looking for like how to not get my rear end beaten horribly in almost every 1v1 ever. Are there any classes that are particularly fun/easy to learn/easy to do okay with?

I've learned a lot from watching streams, especially Phantaram, Chaithh, and Nos. They play rev, engineer, and necro respectively.

For me, I just tried each class and have been playing what I enjoy, mostly condi necro and scrapper engi.

Edit: For the love of god, fight on point and avoid dying as much as possible.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I've learned a lot from watching streams, especially Phantaram, Chaithh, and Nos. They play rev, engineer, and necro respectively.

For me, I just tried each class and have been playing what I enjoy, mostly condi necro and scrapper engi.

Edit: For the love of god, fight on point and avoid dying as much as possible.

i learn by killing those people you just mentioned :smug:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Magres posted:

Unless you can join the secret e-sports cabals, there's not really any huge central resource. Check out some PvP streams, most of the big ones are generally fine offering help when it's needed (and making GBS threads up the twitch chat when help isn't needed). Don't play thief or warrior, they're bad at the moment. If you're low mmr you're in Dragonhunter territory, which seems to have a fairly low skill cap, and is really good if people don't know how to deal with it. Pick up the meta builds for each class and try playing a couple of games, or at least 1v1 the target NPCs so you can see their animations and what their bursts look like. Also, know what's really bunkery so you don't spend ages trying to kill some dumb mesmer build or a tempest or something.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Mercury_Storm posted:

After months of not playing due to the whole HoT debacle, I logged in to do the Christmas quests and noticed I had a black lion chest key. Opened it and to my surprise got a Permanent Hair Stylist Contract! Not sure what I'm going to do with this cause I don't even have the gold for the AH listing fees. Apparently people will buy these for up to $100 on mmo trading sites but that seems kind of insane.

If you don't want to keep it, then I'd be happy to buy it. No listing fees, and the trading post wouldn't take a cut. Interested in making a deal?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you want a pretty easy way to make a lot of money, play pvp on the wintersday reward track. Just opened all my loot from a once-through of the reward track and the drinks and stuff alone were ~15g.

I think you make extra money if you open all your loot on a level ~50 character, cause you can salvage all the gear drops into T4 mats which is the most expensive material tier, overall, right now. You lose out on the occasional rare, you win on all of your fine and masterwork stuff salvaging for several silver of mats each.

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 18, 2015

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I haven't played in ages and just find out there's an expansion (and it went f2p!). However I'm hearing the game is hosed up/they ruined it etc. What happened and is it worth re-installing? Normally I would just dive in and check but bandwidth caps are awful and I don't want to waste it on something big like GW2.

Probably hyperbole and stuff but worth a check.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Red Mundus posted:

I haven't played in ages and just find out there's an expansion (and it went f2p!). However I'm hearing the game is hosed up/they ruined it etc. What happened and is it worth re-installing? Normally I would just dive in and check but bandwidth caps are awful and I don't want to waste it on something big like GW2.

It isn't bad, and only wvw is hosed so nothing important lost. The game was made much better in many areas, but a lot of the rewards for the expac require a lot of grinding. Apart from that it isn't ruined or hosed so jump in case the game is still fun!

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Red Mundus posted:

HoT was more disappointing than anything; it just didn't add much, and a lot of what it did add was sorta poorly thought out. Masteries are sort of a hassle, but you don't really need to get too deep into any of them. The Elite specs are either really good or suck profoundly depending on your class. Gold rewards got stripped from dungeons, so if you ran those for money you're sol. Otherwise the game is much the same.

The base game is f2p, HoT is not. It's not worth $50 to me, it'd probably be ok at 20-30.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Content-wise I basically paid fifty bucks to be able to craft a birdstaff. I'm reasonably okay with that but my priorities are not in order.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Generic Octopus posted:

The base game is f2p, HoT is not. It's not worth $50 to me, it'd probably be ok at 20-30.

For the expac, yeah definitely. The base game is still absolutely worth full price if you've never bought it before. It isn't exactly ftp as there are some limitations, and sadly they decided to couple the base game and hot together so the only way to get the expac is by paying full price. But on the flip side for newcomers you get everything.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The fastest way to make money of the wintersday stuff is being good at the bell choir minigame, it just rains boxes on you.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Cool, thanks! Yeah I can't really afford the expansion anyways so that's good news. I'll get downloading. *gently caress you bell canada bandwidth caps*

Sair
May 11, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Content-wise I basically paid fifty bucks to be able to craft a birdstaff. I'm reasonably okay with that but my priorities are not in order.

"My priorities are not in order" is basically GOON's motto.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
loving hell, versatile infusions are expensive to make. But on the upside, got my first ascended ring today.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

On the other hand gold got added back into fractals and is actually debatable whether you get more gold now compared to dungeons in the same time frame.

Also raids are pretty good if you're into that type of thing. The general pretty princess end game did get a poo poo ton grindier, so if you liked that before, you will probably not like it now.

Wvw is garbage right now and spvp needs some more tweaks. So whether or not this game is worth 50 bucks to you is dependent on what you're going for.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

Mercury_Storm posted:

Holy crap - jackpot!

Just ask someone to sub you the fee. Are you in a proper guild? Or are you not on Maguuma at all?

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Mercury_Storm posted:

You have one of the sacred treasures of princessing. I am sure a goon would be happy to buy it.

(Like me, for instance...)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If calling your character "enemy mob" and then spending the last half hour being followed around by a very confused newbie hunter is wrong then I don't want to be right.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hahaha that's adorable :allears:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The expansion is probably worth $10 if they fix the bugs down the line, so wait for that. The raids were given the most effort and at most that's an hour or two of stuff to do a week for a very small section of the player base.

Everything else is a bit of a mess, the new maps are pretty good for a week or so tho.

Edit: The raid rewards kinda suck too, its mostly done cause there hasn't been any new instanced content in years and people are bored.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 18, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Reminder that thieves were supposed to get a 10% boost to the healing from withdraw months ago but that never happened and will apparently never happen even though it would be a simple matter of hotfixing a coefficient

:siren: ATTN: THIEVES:siren:

Josh Davis posted:

Hiya,

We're going to be addressing this in our next balance update. As mentioned in a recent forum post, there will be more details on that update after the new year.

Happy holidays!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3xd25d/thief_heal_withdraw_still_missing_10_healing/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

The expansion is probably worth $10 if they fix the bugs down the line, so wait for that. The raids were given the most effort and at most that's an hour or two of stuff to do a week for a very small section of the player base.

Everything else is a bit of a mess, the new maps are pretty good for a week or so tho.

Edit: The raid rewards kinda suck too, its mostly done cause there hasn't been any new instanced content in years and people are bored.

Dragonhunter is the biggest/best thing I've gotten out of the expansion I guess.

• Locked thread