Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Genocyber posted:

That the Godhand are having fun in Midland.

Oh so now they're all on the physical plane? And unlike Griffith aren't back in reconstructions of their mortal bodies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
All the monsters are now in the real world, that's why everybody fled to Falconia.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Though the monsters are also in falconia, of course. It probably sucks for people who just aren't cool with monsters in general, which is a very reasonable stance in this setting.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Serious Frolicking posted:

Though the monsters are also in falconia, of course. It probably sucks for people who just aren't cool with monsters in general, which is a very reasonable stance in this setting.

I mean, the Apostles who aren't intelligent/civil/"humanish" enough to live amongst humans without and risk of eating them have to live in their own part of the city, where they're occupied with endless gladiator matches against trolls and ogres.

Also I didn't know that the "Godhand dimension" got sqaushed into the real world, I thought it was just the "fae folk pixies and elves and trolls" dimension that did that.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Oh so now they're all on the physical plane? And unlike Griffith aren't back in reconstructions of their mortal bodies?

Oh, so they are mortal in principle now?

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

I don't think that the Godhand are like, literally walking around and stuff. They just probably have a much easier time influencing and projecting themselves into the physical plane and don't have to rely on troll guts or mountains of rats or stuff to manifest.

In some ways I am actually probably more looking forward to a fight between Guts and the other Godhand members than I am between Guts and Griffith. Miura's done a really great job keeping them this mysterious, malicious presence working behind the scenes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Servaetes posted:

Won't this author be dead well before the series concludes

Miura's a hair shy of 50 and seems to be in pretty good health, and iirc we're past the halfway point. He'll probably be a senior citizen by the time it finishes, but not dead, no.

e: holy what the gently caress, Miura and Buronson did a manga together? :stare: I need to read this yesterday

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The godhand are probably projecting their essences outside of Falconia and loving up the outside world, helping Griffith to collect all the humans inside of his perfect city. He's really become the perfect little god king he always wanted to be, though he still has to provide a place for his demon monster to vent their bloodlust.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I still wonder what Griffith would have to gain by slaughtering everyone - does he get an upgrade to Godhand 2.0?

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
There was a recently translated interview here with Miura from the year 2000 that's pretty interesting, where he discusses some of his influences, his old classmates, and how the Golden Age arc was pretty much made up as it went.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

I still wonder what Griffith would have to gain by slaughtering everyone - does he get an upgrade to Godhand 2.0?
He gains access to the secret Godhand of Godhand

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Protodude posted:

There was a recently translated interview here with Miura from the year 2000 that's pretty interesting, where he discusses some of his influences, his old classmates, and how the Golden Age arc was pretty much made up as it went.

Ah, this makes me happy. If anything, Berserk should end with a bittersweet ending, but not something tragic.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Guts will defeat Griffith but succumb to his injuries and/or die of exhaustion shortly thereafter.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
CTE sucks :\

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Guts will defeat Griffith but succumb to his injuries and/or die of exhaustion shortly thereafter.

loving

SPOILERS

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Servaetes posted:

Won't this author be dead well before the series concludes
We are past the halfway point. I can see this wrapping up in a couples years (10 years Berserk time).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

loving

SPOILERS

spoilers for a manga/anime that is pushing half a century old

I think the Rosebud rule applies here

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I mean, the Apostles who aren't intelligent/civil/"humanish" enough to live amongst humans without and risk of eating them have to live in their own part of the city, where they're occupied with endless gladiator matches against trolls and ogres.

Also I didn't know that the "Godhand dimension" got sqaushed into the real world, I thought it was just the "fae folk pixies and elves and trolls" dimension that did that.

I don't think there's a real difference between the two. There's the physical plain, and the astral plain, and that's it. The astral plain got hooked to the physical plain when Ganeshka became the World Tree, letting all magical things run loose.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have the feeling that forums poster stairmaster was not entirely series

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Unacknowledged posted:

I can think of several instances in the series where there's caves with boobs inside
there are many Berserk caves containing boobs but there is only one Berserk cave which is literally made of boobs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

e: holy what the gently caress, Miura and Buronson did a manga together? :stare: I need to read this yesterday

They did two actually - that and King of the Wolves. I hear the Japan one is overly nationalistic and eyeroll inducing at times but I haven't read i.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Japan is really nationalistic but also really fun. It gives zero fucks and has a Not-Guts punching dudes in the face. It was published by Dark Horse a long while back and I managed to snag a copy of it by accident.

Not what could be called an essential read, but worth a look if you enjoy Berserk.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Stairmaster posted:

loving

SPOILERS

For what? I want to read that now.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Nuebot posted:

ashita no joe

Awesome Welles posted:

They did two actually - that and King of the Wolves. I hear the Japan one is overly nationalistic and eyeroll inducing at times but I haven't read i.

it is but in a good way like all of buronson's works

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Ashita no Joe.

But for fuckin real, that SCENE gets parodied in other anime all the time.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah even discounting what I said about, y'know, Ashita no Joe being almost as old as my parents, that scene is pretty much the most iconic and heavily referenced thing from it

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I know nothing about Ashita no Joe except that it's about boxing and the dude dies at the end.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

LORD OF BUTT posted:

spoilers for a manga/anime that is pushing half a century old

I think the Rosebud rule applies here

Wha...what do you mean Rosebud!? It was someone he loved right? Don't spoil me!

RE: Breaks, please don't encourage Miura to take another break. He could be spending this Christmas with his waifu, but he's spending it writing up new chapters. Let's support him okay

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bad Seafood posted:

I know nothing about Ashita no Joe except that it's about boxing and the dude dies at the end.

Ah yes, the old Aeris rule.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ah yes, the old Aeris rule.

Snape killed Aeris, right?
Or was he Luke's father?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

If this is all you know you should read it before the other big thing is spoiled.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

PiedPiper posted:

Snape killed Aeris, right?
Or was he Luke's father?
Snape was his sled, actually.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Butt Ghost posted:

Snape was his sled, actually.

And The Village was on a boat all this time!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

AtheistMantis posted:

And The Village was on a boat all this time!

Finally, the Berserk X Golden Axe crossover I've always wanted! I bet Gilius could gently caress up an Apostle.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Man sisters hitting on you shoul be banned

No STOP hitting on me because you cosplay as yoko

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

... wrong thread?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... wrong thread?

yes..

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

please gently caress the yoko cosplayers

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

unless they make you pay for it like i hear they do at some cons....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Stairmaster posted:

please gently caress the yoko cosplayers

I showed me as Kamina and my sister was like "YOKO, I am DD and am a 2 waist(2 is a thing?)"