Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

epitasis posted:

ocarina of time TWO

that would just be link to the past 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Legend of Zelda: Majora Ocarina.

Nintendo just smooshes both games together and we all go apeshit for it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
People who say that Hyrule Warriors has no mechanical depth are flat out wrong. Its not W101 but its not just a button masher.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Max Wilco posted:

Splatoon and Bayo2 were the two real stand-out titles on Wii U for me, so those are a definite buy.

It looks like copies of Bayo2 are pretty expensive on Amazon, though. Is it because it comes with the original game, or did it have a really short production run or something?

How hard is it to learn Hyrule Warriors? My only experience with the Warriors franchise is with the PC port of Dynasty Warriors 8, and I wasn't able to break into it; mostly due to lack of effort, but because the PC port didn't properly label button prompts, and I after finishing one of the tutorials, I still felt really lost.

How do the Kirby games fare? Epic Yarn was one of the few games on the original Wii I was interested in playing, and Rainbow Curse won me over purely on the fact that it was all done in claymation. I've heard they're pretty easy games, but I'm okay with playing something more laid-back.

Also, is it worth it to buy Amiibos? Is there anything you get from the Amiibos that you can't get from playing the game or from DLC?

I had zero experience with a Warriors game before Hyrule Warriors and I did find at it. The game isn't hard to learn and eases you into its systems. If you're having trouble, throw Sheik at it; she breaks the game.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Max Wilco posted:

It looks like copies of Bayo2 are pretty expensive on Amazon, though. Is it because it comes with the original game, or did it have a really short production run or something?

You can get both Bayonetta 1 and 2 on the eshop and if you buy 1 first than 2 is discounted so they end up being $60 total.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

fozzy fosbourne posted:

You can get both Bayonetta 1 and 2 on the eshop and if you buy 1 first than 2 is discounted so they end up being $60 total.

This also works the other way, though I'm not sure why you'd buy them in the opposite order.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

They really suffer from the voices obviously being recorded in separate sessions. You get character speaking, awkward two second pause, next character speaking, awkward two second pause, etc, with static camera angles and not a lot of movement except for a few scenes.

I'm on the chapter break between 9 and 10 with a team of level 50 mechs decked out in G-Busters and Pheonixes. I've yet to see any cutscenes that were all that bad.

Now then you wanna talk about bad, that would be Arc Rise Fantasia.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 17, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arc rise fantasia's writing wasn't even that terrible, it just had the worst dub known to man

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

arc rise fantasia's writing wasn't even that terrible, it just had the worst dub known to man

The Xenoblade series is pretty much on par with any of the Tales of Games as far as story goes, I have not seen anything in both games do something better or worse than the Tales of Series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Xenoblade series is pretty much on par with any of the Tales of Games as far as story goes, I have not seen anything in both games do something better or worse than the Tales of Series.
xenoblade doesn't have skits though

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

xenoblade doesn't have skits though

I dunno heart to hearts were pretty much that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heart to hearts feel a little more restricted/limited in terms of when and where they can show up/what they can be about.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So now that Xenoblade is out, what's the next major release on this thing? Are we waiting all the way until Star Fox? And hey, did we ever learn to what extent Platinum worked on it? I saw their name attatched at one point during a presentation about the game, but they didn't say if they had any say in designing the levels, or the bosses or something. Jesus Christ. Imagine Star Fox 64 but if Platinum made all of the bosses for that game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All anyone knows is that they were helping out with 'assets', considering they're still working on two other games and released one a couple of months ago I wouldn't get your hopes up that they had a huge contribution.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

please remember this when there all the new characters have gigantic gazongas

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Have you ever played a Platinum game

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Austrian mook posted:

So now that Xenoblade is out, what's the next major release on this thing? Are we waiting all the way until Star Fox? And hey, did we ever learn to what extent Platinum worked on it? I saw their name attatched at one point during a presentation about the game, but they didn't say if they had any say in designing the levels, or the bosses or something. Jesus Christ. Imagine Star Fox 64 but if Platinum made all of the bosses for that game.

Star Fox and Zelda (TP and 2016 I guess), Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and that's basically it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Didn't somebody from Platinum say something about Star Fox being delayed so they could make it more "Platinum-y"?

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Zonekeeper posted:

This also works the other way, though I'm not sure why you'd buy them in the opposite order.

I just picked up Bayo 1 & 2 pre-owned off Gamestop's website for a total of $26 bucks. Granted I used Cheap rear end Gamers promo code for 16% off and my power up 10% discount and I went with free shipping but hey, $26 is pretty good price for 2 bad rear end games.

BigSexyWitGlasses fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 17, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

Wow that's a bummer, I've had it on my list of games that I'll buy eventually for a while and used to see it on shelves all the time. Didn't realize it was going to get Radiant Dawn'd.

I know I can get it digital but I like discs :smith:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Chill Penguin posted:

Didn't somebody from Platinum say something about Star Fox being delayed so they could make it more "Platinum-y"?

Not sure about the Platinum comment but it was already delayed to 2016.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-fox-zero-delayed-to-nail-platinum-feel-dev-di/1100-6431047/

My favorite website gamespot says it was delayed to nail the platinum feel

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Are Star Fox and Zelda the last confirmed big releases period?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Polo-Rican posted:

Someone's forgetting #FE

vvvv Owned

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 17, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

Uhm, ♯FE??

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
DQX too but who cares really.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Personally, I would be wary about a used copy of Bayonetta 2, only because somebody might sell the two games separately instead of 1 being a pack in for 2 as it's supposed to be.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

please don't trick people into thinking #FE might be a good game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kaubocks posted:

please don't trick people into thinking #FE might be a good game

Indeed, it's going to be a great game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Indeed, it's going to be a great game.

yeah, it... hey...! wait a minute !!

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

epitasis posted:

ocarina of time TWO

I know this was a joke, but could you imagine if Nintendo actually did announce a game with that title? I'd buy it! It'd buy it in a heartbeat.

It'd be great if the game didn't take itself seriously like Paper Mario. Go beat Ganon, AGAIN!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

You've already said yeah, you've committed. Enjoy your copy of #FE.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Spectacle Rock posted:

I know this was a joke, but could you imagine if Nintendo actually did announce a game with that title? I'd buy it! It'd buy it in a heartbeat.

It'd be great if the game didn't take itself seriously like Paper Mario. Go beat Ganon, AGAIN!

I mean we got LBW, which was basically LttP 2: 3D Boogaloo and that owned so why not?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I know when I think it games that take themselves too seriously I think of Paper Mario.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

greatn posted:

I know when I think it games that take themselves too seriously I think of Paper Mario.

SMRPG was way better in every way and I wish they would make a true successor to it. :smith:

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

I mean we got LBW, which was basically LttP 2: 3D Boogaloo and that owned so why not?
Well, they kinda sorta tried with Twilight Princess, and it wasn't that good.
OoT was also pretty basic, and almost every game that followed tried to copy its structure, while 2D Zelda games never really went back to LttP formula. I'm not sure same overworld and NPCs would work as well with OoT.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Don't hide your true feelings, the game going to great.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
So, as far as the Wii U goes we've got the following in the future.

#FE
Star Fox Zero
Zelda Wii U

Am I forgetting anything? The big one I'm looking forward to is Zelda Wii U. Give us a freaking subtitle!

I really want Star Fox to be good, but the new controls worry me. They did say we're getting a Peppy Hare Amiibo right? I might just buy the Amiibo because Peppy is the best.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

ratbert90 posted:

SMRPG was way better in every way and I wish they would make a true successor to it. :smith:

You'd better be talking about Paper Mario 64, I will not tolerate any dissing of TTYD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Raserys posted:

You'd better be talking about Paper Mario 64, I will not tolerate any dissing of TTYD

TTYD was magical. I love that game so much.

Speaking of Mario, Nintendo posted today that on December 21 we get a free update to Super Mario Maker. We get some new stuff for courses too!

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151217005351/en/Dec.-21-Super-Mario-Maker-Update-Adds

Koopa Flame Car!

• Locked thread